escapism // 𝑘𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑚�...

Av euoniabby_

"not a day went by where i didn't think of you both." **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩... Mer

𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 !!
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
filler: y/n's ptsd
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three

chapter eight

1K 41 8
Av euoniabby_

"ೃ i'm gonna kill that cowlick-having little bitch."

"it's way too early to be that violent."

mako was pacing the floor of my apartment with jiang, asami, and i watching him on the couch.

please keep in mind, it is six a.m.

i don't even get up this early for work, let alone drama.

i'm literally wearing a sweater and sweatpants and i haven't washed my hair since the engagement, so it looks like a pile of shit propped up on my head.

asami looks flawless as always and jiang looks like a god because he's always been unconventionally attractive.

i had one leg crossed over the other, my elbow perched up on my knee, and my head resting up in my hand while looking up at mako with exhaustion.

"i'm his only brother. i've been there for him his entire life. and he just goes and skips the most important day of my life?" he ranted.

"okay well-"

"i mean, there were days, literal days, where i wouldn't eat because there wasn't enough for both of us. i almost died to protect him. i deserved to have him there!"

"alright now we're getting a bit into the dramatics." i yawned.

he glared at me and leaned down. "oh really? dramatics? what would you do if both of us skipped something as important as your engagement?"

"i'd kill you, why?" i smirked. he rolls his eyes at me.

"have you even talked to him as to why he missed it? it's been like four days." asami asked, interrupting before we exploded into an argument.

"no? why does it matter, there's no excuse for him to miss it. the only thing i'd accept is if someone from our family died, which no one did. i know that for a fact because they were ALL THERE." he responded.

"you have the worst communication skills known to man." wu called out from the dining table.

i looked over and noticed he got his hands on our breakfast leftovers and was happily eating away.

i rolled my eyes and looked back at mako. "thanks, wu. i didn't notice until you graciously pointed it out."

wu smiled. "you're most welcome. it's the least i could do for also missing your engagement." he said with his mouth stuffed.

he then turned again. "or are you mad at me about that too?"

"no, wu, it's fine." he sighs. he nods and goes back to his plate of pancakes and moon peaches.

"let's just head over there now. asami, y/n, you'll join us, right?" jiang asked.

"i could be sleeping in right now, so no." i smiled.

"she's joking. let's just get ready and we'll join you in a bit." asami interjected.

"ughhh.." she took my hand and dragged me from the couch to our bedroom.

i got myself ready for the day while thinking how good my messy bed looked for another hour of sleep.

but asami didn't let me. i waited for her to finish her makeup before leaving to find the newly engaged couple talking to each other in the kitchen.

"let's go, we're getting coffee or i'm gonna be a bitch to everyone who talks to me." i grumbled while walking toward the front door.

mako and jiang shrug before quickly following behind.

"come on, wu." asami chirped. he nodded and put his plate in the sink before we all left the apartment to go up to the roof where mango was sleeping.

we flew her to the hotel kuvira and her guards and such were staying in and landed mango on the roof with a bunch of plants and fruits growing.

everyone hopped off her saddle and walked toward the door.

"enjoy your breakfast, mango. we'll be back in a bit." i told her. she groaned happily and skipped over to the garden beds.

asami, jiang, and wu took themselves to the lobby because they didn't wanna be around us while talking to bolin.

because they knew it'd end up in fighting and they don't wanna be witnesses.

i followed mako down the hall of the suites before finding the one kuvira was staying in.

mako knocked on the door, almost banging, three times before crossing his arms.

"you need to calm down or all he'll give you is attitude." i said.

he huffed in response. i gave him a look and he nodded slightly.

footsteps were heard from behind the door and someone opened it.

kuvira was standing there with a tank top and exercise shorts and a towel around her neck.

she glared at the both of us while breathing heavily in the slightest.

"can i help you?"

just between us, it took everything in me not to look down at her chest.

"is bolin here? i need to talk to him?" mako told her.

she nodded. she glanced at me before closing the door.

i kept my eyes glued to the door while mako was looking straight at me.

"i'm not gonna look at you, cause if i do, i'll laugh." i smiled.

"asami's got some competition."

"shut your fuckin' mouth."

his anger went away for a minute as he laughed softly.

i shook my head before the door opened up again.

bolin had a worried expression on his face and quickly shuffled out of the room.

"mako-"

"where the hell were you?" he started.

"i'm so sorry, i was gonna come, but something came up-" he rambled.

"oh! okay, was it more important than whatever i had going on?" mako answered back sarcastically.

bolin looked to me for help. "don't think i'm not mad at you either, bo. you promised you'd show up and when you didn't, you didn't even tell us why. what came up? what happened?"

"kuvira, she needed-"

i immediately scoffed at her name.

"you missed it for her?" mako said angrily.

"i'm sorry! she didn't want me going because she knew the prince was gonna be there. she said we couldn't be around the enemy because it'd be a bad look for her! but trust me, i wanted to!"

"wu wasn't even there! you didn't think to call and ask us?" mako asked.

"uh- well-"

"what, is your job suddenly the most important thing?" mako snapped.

"bo, if you really wanted to, you would have gone." i said in a more softer tone.

"don't say that! come on, you guys! i've always put my family first, always!" he said.

"so why stop now? hm? and even after the shit kuvira pulled the other day?" mako said.

"you don't get it, she's helping the people that live in poverty in the new empire. people like our family!" he said, trying to convince us.

"our family doesn't even live there anymore. we moved them all out a couple months ago. you'd know that if were here." i said

he got irritated and was about to rebuttal when mako added to my point.

"yeah, and what was that shit about 'crushing anyone that gets in her way?'" mako asked.

"that- okay, that was just a tough rhetoric to show the people that we mean business." he said.

"are those kuvira's words or yours? because when have you ever wanted to look or be tough?" i asked.

he sighed and started stuttering his words trying to come up with an argument.

"see? she's made you into this whole other person. three years ago, you would have never considered to work for someone like kuvira." i snapped.

"she's helping people! she's just like korra! she might seem a bit hard to deal with but it's just because she's so passionate."

i scoffed. "korra's nothing like her! she's never cared about having power or having people bow down to her, she simply wanted to help."

"yeah, and kuvira's just a dictator taking the earth kingdom by force. how can you not see that what she's doing is harmful. sure, she's helping people and their villages, but at what cost?" mako said, almost shouting.

"you know what? at least i'm doing something. all you've been doing is babysitting the prince. and do you really think he'd be a better leader than kuvira?" bo responded.

"who cares if he would have been better? she's an asshole and you're too blind to see it." i said.

"know what, mako? at least i'm doing something to help." he said.

he took a breathe and shifted in his sport uncomfortably. "and i'm sorry, i really didn't mean to miss your engagement. i really tried to go.. but i have a new life now."

i couldn't say anything to that. i started at him in disbelief.

new life? mako and i aren't even blood related and we see more of each other than we really want to.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean? youre so obsessed with your new job that you can't be there for us when we need you?" mako said a littler quieter.

"you can't possibly think we'd all spend time together like we used to, right? we're moving on, i mean you were ready to move to ba sing se just a couple days ago." he continued.

"i was never going to! because my family is here, my life is here. and you know, you're a real asshole for thinking you wouldn't have time for any of us anymore. we would have never done that shit to you." mako snapped.

bolin's face softened a bit hearing mako say that.

i didn't wanna add anything to this anymore.

mako and bolin stared at eachother for a moment before mako sighed out and stormed down the hallway without saying anything else.

bolin watched him then looked down at me.

"y/n, i'm sorry. i-"

i quickly interrupted him. "you need to find a way to make it up to him, or you're gonna lose him for good."

i left him with that and followed mako down the hallway before we both walked down to the lobby.

"i can't believe him. the nerve of that kid! honestly, it's like we don't know each other at all." he rambled while walking beside me.

"it's kuvira's fault. she brainwashed him or somethin'." i added.

we reached the roof and went over to mango.

he stopped for a moment and i stepped up in front of him.

"i mean, i guess he was being kind of realistic. one day, we'll all be married and working and living away from each other."

"who cares about being realistic? growing up, i never thought i'd have a family of my own. or two girlfriends." i shrugged.

he chuckled lightly.

"i don't know what's gotten into bo, but he'll get over it soon. don't worry." i said.

he sighs. "you're right."

i nod.we loom over and see mango has eaten all the vegetables in the gardens beds.

"oh.."

"we should leave before we get in trouble." he said quickly.

i nodded. we flew down to the ground and asami, jiang, and wu found us ed in front.

we flew into the sky and i realized i didn't know where i was going.

"can i take you guys somewhere?" i asked.

"uhm-" i heard mako mutter.

"i was actually planning on buying some smoothies and taking this one with me." wu interrupted, the throwing his arm around his best friend.

i chuckled at mako's reaction to that.

"alright. i'll take you."

i flew mango off the rooftop with everyone on her saddle and through the city to where wu asked to go.

i thought about how the words bolin said had such an effect on me.

is that what was happening? was he moving on?

what about everyone else? i don't want to move on.

our lives are so great right now, why would he want to go and just disappear?

what if everyone else feels this way too? maybe i'm too enveloped in my family that i haven't seen the signs in anyone else.

and one day, everyone will just up end up leaving  because they have bigger plans than staying here in republic city.

it's funny, i always imagined myself living here for my whole life.

but there's so many 'what if's' now that i'm not sure if i'll stay here for the rest of my life.

i sighed as we arrived and the two guys hopped off of mango.

i leaned back waiting for mako and jiang to say their unnecessarily long and cheesy goodbyes.

like they won't see each other when they go back to their apartment. the one they both live in.

i hate couples.

"are you okay, sweetie? you seemed down since you came back from talking to bolin." asami asked sweetly.

never mind, no i don't.

"i'll talk to you later. i just wanna eat something first." i said softly.

she sighed gently and patted my shoulder. "alright. whatever you need." she said.

i nodded and she sat back down in her spot.

they finally said goodbye and jiang climbed up onto the saddle.

mango flew up and we left the shopping center where wu asked me to take him to.

we flew back to jiang's place.

"you guys wanna stay? i can make you something to eat. and i don't really feel like being by myself right now." jiang asked us.

"sure, jiang. as long as you don't make octopus fritters again." i called out.

"wait but i fixed up the recipe! let me try again and they'll be better than last time." he said quickly.

mango landed on the roof of the building and we all hopped off.

jiang's building also had a garden on the roof and he walked over to the garden beds growing heads of lettuce.

he picked one up and threw it to me.

i caught it and took the water from the air around me. i swirled it around the head of lettuce to wash off the dirt and germs before tossing it into mango's mouth.

she plopped herself down and chewed on it slowly while the three of us walked through the door that led inside the building.

we made our way to jiang's minimalist apartment.

"so, what happened with bolin?" jiang asked as he threw his shoes off, entering the living room.

"ugh, he pissed me the fuck off." i grumbled.

"what'd he say?" asami asked.

jiang went to the kitchen while asami and i sat at the kitchen island.

"he was making so many excuses for kuvira. sayin' shit like 'she's helping people.' and how she'd make a better leader than wu."

"i mean, she would. but that's not the point." i said quickly.

they chuckled lightly. "but really, i mean, you two can see she's some kinda fascist dictator, right?" i continued.

jiang nodded while taking food items out of the pantry and refrigerator.

"of course." asami said.

"kuvira's been manipulating the shit out of him. he thinks she's some kind of glorified savior." i said.

"okay, we all know that but what did he say about missing the engagement?" jiang asked.

he leaned over the island and had a sort of hopeful look on his face.

him and bolin have gotten close and he was just as disappointed when he didn't show.

"he had the weakest excuse. apparently, kuvira hold him that wu would be there and told bo he couldn't go because wu is the enemy. some shit about the monarchy? i don't know."

"seriously? wu wasn't even there!" asami scoffed.

"exactly! what pissed me off was that he didn't even call to ask us. he just went along on what kuvira said. he ditched his family for his dumb job that probably pays less than a garbage collector." i continued.

asami sighed and looked over at jiang. he shook his head and walked back over to the stove.

"it feels like she's trying to build some kind of wall between bolin and his family. first he leaves, he starts writing back less and less, then when he comes back, he's a whole different person." i said.

jiang looks back at me. "have you talked to kuvira about it?"

my eyes diverted to asami and then back to him before he got the message and nodded.

"bolin's always been a sweet and kind person. maybe with kuvira making these kind of decisions, he'll see the kind of person she really is." asami said.

she looks and me and smiled softly. "so just give him his space for a while and he'll come to his sense."

"alright, fine." i sighed.

she nods and we changed the topic.

"so, jiang."

"hm?" he hummed while gently placing small octopus tentacles into a frying pan filled with hot oil.

"how do we start wedding planning?" asami asked excitedly.

he chuckled slightly. "uhm.. maybe after this whole kuvira thing blows over?" he winced.

"no, of course. but did you have like an idea? like a theme or color or maybe even a certain little something you want?" she asked him.

he sighed and put the bowl down on the counter.

"honestly, i never liked weddings. i'd always be grossed out seeing couples kiss in front of their entire family, and now mako and i have to do it."

"but they're so romantic!" she whined.

"I know but like, i get awkward enough kissing him when we're alone. and then kissing him in front of everyone? i can't, i can't!" he complained.

he continued cooking while talking to us, mostly asami.

the three of us spent the afternoon together eating and gossiping and just having a good time in general.

we only get so many of these moments, i don't want them to go to waste.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

a/n: oouu dramaa

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
213K 4.9K 36
Sex, Lust, Nightmares, Daydreams. ***(DISCONTINUED)*** Korra and Asami have an everlasting lust and love pattern between them. This story takes plac...
27.7K 764 19
Dear Lin, I do hope that this letter finds you well. Audrey has just turned 18 and - well I was hoping she'd at least get to meet you- I guess one ca...
38.7K 2K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...