Phytoremediation

By StrangerFR

Basil begged his parents to let him move out of Faraway after his bullying got worse when the truth came out... More

Prologue
Cut my palms, and make me put white gloves on.
I'm not "that guy" anymore, and I made damn well sure he's dead.
I'm gripping the grass, and I'm pulling up daisies
Tomorrow's too late, Amen.
While I tied my boots like a tightrope noose
I lack ambition from the side, monsters eaten me
Thank matter for mass and the comfort of gravity
Shields himself from reason with a kevlar baby blue tuxedo
I am the shadows cast aside by the gallows and you, the red-hot sky
Here comes the sun, am I falling up?
Auf wiedersehen, au revoir, he gripped his wits right by their ends
The atmosphere changing colours by sheer force of will
It's better to be laughed at than wrong.
Cry my name, remind my brain of my identity
I'm still picking up my molars, and putting them back in my face
You're trying to replace yourself
Am I really that bad?
And if I change can I still stay me
Will you lead me straight to paradise?
Well, if winter comes and takes my life
Good times on Front Street
Glass half full, I'd probably just drink that too
I'm the Main Character, and you have to like me.
Well this is my lysergide daydream
Sober, but still so much hangs over
I'm not a flower, not a solar-powered calculator
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but something will eventually
Everyone will see it. Everything's connected.
Don't you make me waste my breath
Colour makes us hungry, hunger makes us human
It's awful out here, Socrates.
A place you've seen before you were born.
Cry a hymn out in Hungarian harmonic
I'll turn up the heat if it's too much
To love one from too far to call
Bite your tongue and smile, stick around a while
Transcript C71096I5a
I'm done pounding my head against the kitchen floor
One more or one less, nobody's worried
Under a Monochrome Sky
Woke up smiling like I blacked out in Glasgow
Life is just okay out here, anyone can see
The overwhelming harmony, consuming the colony
This is a triumph
Delta Echo Alpha Delta
I'm only passing through (that was fun, goodbye!)
The one you could not have killed.
Damn that oxymoron...
This suit doesn't fit me, I made it myself counterfeit-ly
No I don't believe, there's a place I can call.
By your side
The circle rules your mind
How bad can I possibly be? Let's see.
And god damn it, we liked it.
Mortem Obire
Right by my side
I got Anubis on my back, and something in my shoe
Transcript B29070067SI1a
Well isn't it funny? But not "haha" funny, but, y'know, "funny"
Culture's not your friend.
Praying you might die before I fall in love with you.
I just like you a little more than me
Could you airbrush my scars?
Something glowing
To see how the fire side of us burns.
It might be heaven & it might be hell
Lost in my reverie
Tell me where I came from, what I will always be.
Live long and prosper while the winter melts away
TWO TRUCKS HAVING SEX
Business as usual
Two's company, tea's a crowd
Don't mean to bug, but I thought I'd tell you that your shoes are untied
A picture of you, killing me, with deja vu
Neither of us will be missed
Now my body's on land but my heart will reside
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
Gone fission
Come back again to make things stand
I can tell it's there by the way it's not quite there
The limits of your mind
So don't apologize when you turn blue and cold
When you become untouchable you're unable to touch
Pianissimo, più Pianissimo

Can you heal me? Have I gained too much?

861 36 121
By StrangerFR

"Greetings, people of Guangzhou, China, and the world!" Everything after this was pretty much a blur, as Michelle began listing her ideas for tax and civic issues, complex topics that Basil didn't care about or understand.

Basil looked to Sunny, who seemed deep in thought. He looked over to Basil, and deep into his eyes.

Basil began blushing and averted his gaze when he felt Sunny hold his hand.

"Antimony will also be made illegal in all production in Guangzhou. Now, my son has a speech about his experience with homosexuality. I hope you will all take his words to heart." She feigned respect, and did a slight bow, before stepping back for her son to speak.

Basil nervously approached the podium, Sunny holding his hand. "It's okay, I believe in you." Sunny whispered with a patient smile.

Basil felt like covering his face to blush, but now wasn't the time for that. It was time to try and help the world.

"I... I'm Basil... and... um... I figured out I was gay... a little while ago... um... I- I think that... the history of China has heavily included... a lot of influence from gay people..." Basil was extremely anxious. The cameramen stared blankly, some people took pictures for what felt like no real reason.

"You... We all need to... remember what separates us... from those we are against. The- the working class... stood together in the revolution... regardless of gender, of sexuality, or of race." Basil tugged on his wrist, "I just want everyone to be able to be happy... one step at a time, we can make China a more accepting place..."

Basil did a slight bow to finish his speech, Sunny bowed with him silently.

"Thank you to my son, and thank you everyone for coming in to watch our rally." Michelle said, walking back over to the podium.

A group of people Basil hadn't seen earlier suddenly appeared from behind the men with large recording cameras on their shoulders. Each of them looked like news reporters...

Oh no.

"Now me and my son will answer any questions you have." Michelle said with a fake smile.

A black haired woman with bright red lipstick approached small platform-stage, fixing her hair slightly before speaking into her microphone. "Hello, I am Kim Qiao from Haoma China News. Our viewers have some questions for your son." She spoke with firmness.

No, no, no no no no... what if they ask a question I can't answer? What if I have to lie again...

Michelle motioned Basil to the podium. He didn't let go of Sunny's hand.

"Um... what's the question..?" Basil asked cautiously.

"Our station prides itself on its polling proficiency. Our first poll question is, how long have you known you were homosexual?" Her formal tone made Basil a bit tense, but it made sense given the setting.

"Ah... well... I think, maybe since last year. I thought I might've been gay since 1996, though... but I only was sure since last year..." Basil avoided eye contact.

"Thank you. Our next poll asks, to Sunny, how long have you loved Basil?"

Basil anxiously looked to Sunny, Sunny wore no expression, and moved towards the microphone. "As long as I can remember, I have loved him."

Basil felt his face turn red.

How I wish you really meant that.

The reporter showed not even a hint of emotion in her response, "Very cute. Now back to Basil, what is your opinion on the idea of your mother becoming mayor of Guangzhou."

Basil felt a rush of worry, and looked to his mother for a moment, then back to the reporter. "Um... I- I think she'd be a good m-mayor..."

The reporter turned to her camera, ending the interview, but was interrupted with a shove aside from a slightly obese man. He wore a pinstripe suit that seemed slightly too small, with an american flag baseball cap and sunglasses.

He ran up with his much more obese cameraman to the stand. The receptionist from the hotel, Annie, followed.

Annie made a small wave, before the man walked up to where the woman stood previously.

He spoke some unintelligible English while lighting a cigarette. The no smoking sign on the front door must've been lost in translation.

Annie looked at him mortified, and began pleading to him for a few seconds then began speaking to Basil.

"He is going to begin an interview. He said a few slurs so... I'm going to change them a bit... Um..." Annie took a deep breath, then began her translation, "He asks... how did that... chinese boy... turn you into a... homosexual."

Annie turned to the man, who began speaking to her. Annie's face twisted with disgust, and she silently left the hall. The man looked angry, and began shouting, his fat head completely red with anger, screaming at Michelle in some accusatory manner.

Michelle's face remained smiling, and she clicked a red button on her pager, prompting two men in tuxedoes to escort the man out by force, dragging him out as he made some sort of tantrum cries, spitting his cigarette on the carpet.

Unfortunately, that had the consequence of the sprinklers finally being set off, causing the reporters and cameramen to peel out of the hall in fear of their equipment being damaged.

"Agh, damn it all! Now the only interview there is, is the one with that gossip channel, and that Radio Free Asia twit!" Michelle stomped on the wet carpet in frustration.

"Sorry-" Basil began, but his mother already turned to them and talked over him.

"Well, I can still be famous all over China, tomorrow you two give it all you've got, and I can be a sensation for all the gays and the transes!" Michelle exclaimed with excitement.

Despite it being for selfish reasons, Basil felt happy being able to actually talk to her mother without her being absolutely dismissive.

Sunny was less optimistic, and rolled his eyes at Basil's mother's less than subtle narcissism.

They stepped out of the hall, sopping wet. Even the paparazzi pitied them enough to not snap pictures. The English speaking reporter from earlier yelled at them as they entered the limousine, pre-prepared with towels covering the seats.

Michelle cleaned her now ruined makeup off her face, and faced Sunny and Basil. She had a big smile on her face. "I think this could definitely swing polls majorly in my favour, especially your little speech at the end. I always knew there was hope for you, Basil. That's why I decided against having another child to inherit the company instead of you!"

Gee. Thanks.

Basil noticed his hand still clutching Sunny's, and pulled it away. "Sorry..."

"It's okay." Sunny said quietly.

Michelle completely ignored the boys beside her in favour of returning to her phone.

"I'm sorry that you had to say that on stage in front of basically the whole world." Basil said solemnly.

Sunny shrugged.

"Sorry I forced you into yet another lie..." Basil apologized again.

Sunny shrugged again, "It's fine Basil. Don't feel bad about it."

In spite of Sunny's reassurance, Basil still felt very bad about it. Basil may not know it, but Sunny didn't really lie when he spoke on that stage.

Look at these dumbasses, can't even hear me because I'm the narrator.

The limousine came to a sudden stop, Michelle didn't even flinch.

"Make sure you wake up nice and early tomorrow. Clean with shampoo too, there's some minerals in the water here which can be bad for your hair." Michelle spoke without looking up from her phone.

Basil and Sunny left the limousine, and closed the door behind them. The limousine promptly left as they walked into the hotel.

Basil and Sunny made their way to the central elevator, purposely avoiding the left-most one.

They felt like kids that just left the pool. They rushed back to their hotel room, Basil inserted their keycard.

"You can shower before me if you want." Sunny quietly said

"You don't have to do that, Sunny..." Basil looked down.

Even in the smallest of things, you're so selfless... and all I do is take and take.

Even though Basil felt bad, he felt cold as the air conditioning flowed through his clothes, stabbing his skin with chills.

Basil self-consciously covered his chest, and grabbed his bag containing his clothes.

"Thank you so much Sunny... for everything." Basil said, then closed the door to start his shower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 408 34
(REMINDER: ENGLISH IS NOT MY MAIN LANGUAGE, SORRY IF THINGS AREN'T WRITTEN CORRECTLY.) the story happens after the bad ending. Kel followed Sunny to...
2K 96 11
sunflower angst fic, also Omori spoilers guyzies!!! The story takes place after the Omori good ending and is a sunny x basil fic so if you reallyyy d...
20.8K 1K 26
Hikikomori Route. Omori has gotten stuck somewhere inside Headspace. He's not sure what happened. One moment he's about to ascend the throne of red h...
13.5K 277 10
Sunflower= Sunny x Basil btw (Mari is not dead, because we love Mari, at least I do) This is a yandere Au inspired by the game I discovered about 2 w...