The Breaking ➝ Isaac Lahey

Od Emerald_Diaz

Aspen Juniper Veata has only ever known Beacon Hills to be a quiet and dainty town. Herself, along with her b... Více

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Part II
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Moodboards
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
! New Cover !
! Announcement !
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-two
Chapter Seventy-three
Chapter Seventy-four
Chapter Seventy-five
Chapter Seventy-six
"what the pack's photo dump looks like"
Chapter Seventy-seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety -One

Chapter Ninety

1.8K 78 76
Od Emerald_Diaz

For Beacon Hills

Not proof read

4.5k words

like and comment cuties ;) no Aspen will not be getting a break anytime soon.

_____<•>_____

The sky is captured in twilight but the lights from the Lacrosse field burn out the stars. The crowd from both teams are loud and cheerful while their players warm up on the field. Charlie is shivering by Aspen's side as she adjusts the blue satin scarf she bought at the outlet around her neck. She jogged a couple of steps when she realized she was falling behind from Aspen's strides toward the field. When they got between the bleachers is when Aspen noticed Charle's blue eyes bouncing around, searching. Initially, she assumed she was looking for Stiles, but then she followed her line of vision to the cheerleaders. They were stretching and practicing cheers off to the side of the player's benches. Aspen quirked a brow at Charlie and the blonde was worrying her lower lips as her eyes rove over the girls.

"Still admiring their skirts," Aspen mocked, looking over the crowd to suppress a teasing smile.

Charlie snapped her neck toward her, cheeks blooming, but her cocky grin still crept upon her lips. "They're cute," Charlie said slyly, tucking her hands in her back jean pockets and puckering her lips as she found the back of a familiar bald baby head. She went pale. "Stiles."

Aspen looked relieved, unlike Charlie who was already pivoting her head around to escape.

"Pst," Aspen whispered sharply, letting her wind carry her quiet voice to tickle Scott and Stiles' ear from where they sat on the bench. Both boys jerked in place from their crouching position, Stiles more dramatically than Scott. Stiles swiped at his ears wildly and turned in his seat and his face glowered in annoyance when he spotted Aspen. She wiggled her fingers at the boys and smiled mildly.

All she could really think about was Isaac's lips on hers only an hour ago. Any movement of her lips just reminded her of his lips moving languidly against hers. Every word she spoke belonged to him now. She hadn't said anything to Charlie yet, but she had the feeling she knew. Her face was still red when she walked into the house and she used the cold as an excuse now as the boys approached. Charlie let her eyes wander over Stiles' head but she felt his eyes on her.

Scott offered a tight-lipped smile to Aspen as he approached and leaned into her hug. It was heavier than normal, all his weight pressing into her chest. She held him with the same ferocity. She had a feeling he needed this moment as much as she did. For what reason, she didn't know but she had a feeling she would find out.

"How are you feeling?" Scott asked as he pulled away, picking invisible dust off her shoulder.

Aspen eyed him before smiling gently or smiling just to put on a smile. She couldn't tell the difference. Offering a smile when she was upset or uneasy became so mechanic she couldn't understand herself anymore. It seemed like Scott could read her at those times like he was doing now. He could always tell when she was smiling genuinely because he was usually the reason for her smile. It was Isaac before he decided to leave.

"That's the question of the day I guess." Aspen sighed tucking her hands in her coat pockets.

Scott winced slightly. "So Isaac told you?"

Aspen furrowed her brows "You knew he was leaving?"

"He stopped by the clinic. He's leaving tonight with Boyde and Erica."

Aspen frown shifting her weight. "Since when did you two start liking each other?"

Scott shrugged. "He asked for my opinion. I said he should go to you to decide and see how he feels."

Aspen scoffed and let her finger scratch at a spot on her upper lips. "Well, he's gone so it didn't look like it made a difference."

Scott opened his mouth to apologize when Stiles butted in for attention.

"Jackson's here," he said.

Aspen gaped and gently moved Scott aside to walk further ahead, letting the light from the field scour down on her. She saw Jackson tossing in a few shots as if nothing happened. Completely ordinary, void of tail and scales.

"Why--"

"Gerard. He's the master now."

Aspen pressed her fingers against her forehead and let out a breath. She wasn't going to begin to ask why or how Gerard got involved. "Okay, well I mean he wouldn't try anything with so many people here. And you'll be on the field if he tried anything." Aspen gestured to Scott and both boys winced.

"You're not playing, are you?" Charlie spoke for the first time and Stiles was fast to give her his attention. She averted her eyes, keeping her gaze on Scott.

"Guess the bad grades caught up to me," Scott answered, looking at Charlie wearily.

"Coach doesn't give a shit about grades. It's Gerard." Aspen said bitterly. To divert from their impending doom on the field, Aspen nodded to Stiles to get his attention. "your dad coming?"

Stiles rubbed his hands together with a curt nod. "Yeah, he's already here." he pointed to the bleachers and the four teens leaned over to spot Noah and Mellissa chatting on the bleachers.

Aspen and Charlie mirrored similar befuddled expressions at seeing Grandpa Sam and Mina chatting animatedly with Lydia Martin on the seat in front of Mellisa and Noah. Lydia looked exceptionally ordinary since the last time she saw her during her birthday party. Not at all like she's been preparing in bringing her godfather back from the dead. Aspen stiffened when she realized Scott or Stiles were unaware of the ex- alpha's return.

Noticing that they were in people's way, Scott beckons the other to sit on the empty bench. This throws Aspen out of her thoughts and pockets the conversation about Peter for later.

"You seen Allison?" Scott asked as they take a seat in a row on the benches, all leaning forward to speak among themselves.

Stiles let out air from his cheeks and shook his head. "Nope. You know what's going on?"

"Not yet."

"It's gonna be bad isn't it," Stiles asked, his hands toying with one another. "I mean like people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming, kind of bad."

Aspen frowned and stared at Stiles and Charlie finally let herself look at him. "Looks like it."

Stiles' eyes flickered among all three of them, not seeming to care if Charlie was present for his confession. His brown eyes looked as if they would water over. "Guys, the other night seeing my dad get hit over the head by Matt, you know, while I'm just lying there and I can't even move, and hearing Aspen get shot, not sure if that was the last time I was gonna see you, it just--"Stiles exhaled a shaky breath. "I wanna help, you know, But I can't do the things that you could do. I can't."

Scott shook his head slightly, gazing deeply at Stiles. "It's okay."

"We're losing, dude."

"The hell are you talking about!" the four teens jump and look back to see Coach, hair more crazed than ever, gaping wide-eyed at Stiles. "Game hasn't even started. Now put on your helmet and get out there. You're in for Greenberg."

Stiles piques, sitting straight, his child-like brightness blossoming as he looks over the field. "What? What happened to Greenberg?" he asked, his voice cracking.

"What happened to Greenberg?" Coach repeated, flabbergasted at the inquiry. "He sucks." Coach weighted his hands up and down for emphasis. "you suck slightly less."

Aspen smiled for the first time tonight, first the corner of her mouth, then a broad smile as she shook Stiles' shoulder with glee. "That's an improvement!" Coach is appalled that Aspen is sitting on the bench again, and Charlie gives Stiles an ecstatic nod of her head.

His body was limp in shock as his body was shaken slightly by Aspen. "I'm playing?" he mumbled, looking at Scott for assurance. The boy laughed shortly, quite shocked himself, and nodded. Stiles looked back at Coach. "On the field? With the team?"

Coach chuckled. "Yes. unless you'd rather play with yourself."

"I already did that today," Stiles murmured, still dazed from the news. He looked back at Coach and Scott. "Twice."

Aspen cringes, scrunching her nose while Scott laughed under his breath, his simples pinching his cheek. Charlie leaned forward from Scott's side and meets Stiles' gaze. "And you didn't let me help?" she asked coyly with a smirk.

Stiles seemed to relax at having Charlie's attention again and none of them were prepared for what he let fall out of his mouth next. "Trust me you helped plenty," he said quickly, meeting her confidence. Aspen gaped slightly, shocked at Stile's bravery, believing it was the drive he was getting from being able to play on the field. Charlie reddened immediately and Scott murmured "Alright."

Stiles turned to Aspen, lifting his hand to her jaw, but she slapped it away before he could touch her. "Shut up." she snapped before he could tell her not to gape.

"GET THE HELL OUT THERE!" Coach growled and Stile was scrambling to his feet as he collected his gear and ran onto the field.

Aspen leaned over Scott and slapped Charlie's knee gently. "Let's go," she said, gesturing her head to the bleachers. The two stood up to make their way to the parents before Scott reached for Aspen's sleeve.

"Can we trust her?" Scott whispered, flickering his gaze to Charlie before looking back up at Aspen.

Aspen laughed a harmless scoff, shrugging helplessly. "Can we trust anyone at this point?"

"And by that, she means yes," Charlie said loudly, poking her head over Aspen's shoulder, smiling cheekily.

Scott looked apologetic for attempting to talk behind her back and smiled flatly. Aspen offered a thumbs-up before Charlie was pulling her toward the bleachers.

Aspen kisses her grandpa on the cheek and puts her hands on her knees to talk to him. "What are you doing here?" she asked, directing her question to Mina as well.

"School spirit," he crooned with a smile that made the corners of his eyes wrinkle and shook a shimmery burgundy mini pompom.

"Gerard is a wrinkly bitch and I wanna kill him," Mina said plainly in a quick mumble.

Aspen was stunned and Charlie barked a laugh.

"Mina, language, please," Sam said in a chiding tone, completely focusing on her cussing and not on the fact that she admitted to wanting to commit murder.

Aspen decided she wanted to focus on one thing tonight. She patted Sam on the shoulder and took a step up to sit next to Mellissa while Charlie sat on the seat in front of her, leaning her back on Aspen's legs. Lydia scooted over to make room for Aspen, smiling gently.

"Hey there, June bug," Lydia said with a fond look. Her hair was straightened, some pieces pulled back to show the angle of her face. It was more hollow. "How are you feeling?" Lydia rubbed a firm hand against Apsen's arm and swiped some hair off her shoulder to adjust the collar of her jacket.

The doting from Lydia and her silky voice made Aspen melt in her touch. She clearly has no recollection that she brought Peter back from the dead or she was acting like it never happened. Either way, Aspen didn't mind acting naive with her. "I'll be okay soon enough. You? How are you?"

Lydia offered a tense smile and nodded lightly. "I'm not sure. Getting there, I guess. Same as you."

Aspen smiled with her lips, placing her hands over Lydia's. Lydia looked down at their hands for a moment before lifting her eyes upon Aspen. "I'm here ya know? if you wanna like, get there together."

Lydia laughed lightly and nodded more confidently.

"Oh no," Noah groaned, shoulders deflating. "Why is my son running out to the field?"

"Because he's on the team?" Mellissa answered in an inquiring tone.

This seemed to register within Noah for the first time and his eye brightened and back straightened. It was the most he's resembled Stiles ever, Aspen thought. "He is," Noah said after a moment's reflection, looking at Melissa who smiled and nodded amusingly. "He's on the team. He's--he's on the field. My son is on the field!" he exclaimed with pride, pumping his fist up.

A few parents and students looked up at Noah who had gotten to his feet to proclaim this fact and stared in silence. Noah looked around, dropping his hands in embarrassment.

Aspen got to her feet, cupping her hands around her mouth. "KICK-ASS STILES!" she cheered and Noah beamed clapping loudly.

"Language," Sam tried to chide before Charlie was leaning over her mother to grab Sam's wrist that held the pompom and shook it enthusiastically.

"FUCK EM UP BEACON HILLS!" she shouted.

Sam was flabbergasted.

Coach loved the school spirit it seemed and jabbed a finger at Aspen and Charlie with a wide grin. "That's the spirit girls. Let's go boys!" he hollered as he blew his shrilling whistle.

Stiles had the ball for a total of 0.2 seconds before the other team tackled him from the side. Aspen winced and Charlie threw her head back onto Aspen's stomach.

"They'll ruin his little face," Charlie whined, squeezing her eyes shut. "I can't watch."

"He's probably just warming up," Mellissa amended, nodding at her assurance.

Stiles got the ball again, struggling to keep it balanced in the net. As soon as he got it to stay, he peered up and was met with two players knocking him back. The crowd groaned, probably wondering why he was on the field.

Lydia had her hands clasped between her knees, wincing. "Oh, he's just. a little nervous," she ensured gently. "Plenty of time to turn it around."

Mellissa had both hands clasped over her mouth and Noah was leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, hands clasped against his chin, squinting with a pained expression. Aspen had her hands on her knees, sitting straight, eyes narrowed and hopeful as she bit her cheek. Charlie still had her eyes closed.

A ball hit Stiles in the face.

There were going to lose.

Aspen felt it before she saw him. It's like her blood was flowing backward. Time flowed over her at that time, unmoving from the space she created when Isaac was around. He was all she felt, a warmth no supernatural could offer her. He was her anchor after all and his presence had her sitting up. She sat straight, eye going mildly wide and narrowing when she saw player number fourteen striding toward the bench and plopping his tall form next to Scott.

Isaac came back.

Aspen's heart fluttered and she let out a breath mixed in with a shaky laugh. Charlie, who had almost fallen asleep on Aspen's lap, opened her eyes and looked forward.

"Is that your boy?" Charlie inquired with a quirked brow.

"Yeah," Aspen breathed wistfully, staring at the back of Isaac's head. She wanted him to turn around. She had to see him. She was desperate.

"You came to help," Scott stated with surprise as he watched Isaac drop a marble in his glove before strapping it on.

Isaac tilted his head toward Scott with a lazy grin. Aspen could see the light from above twinkle in his blue eyes. He quirked his head "I came to win," he corrected.

Both boys looked a Gerard and Aspen and Charlie looked at him well. Something was going on and Aspen had completely missed it.

"I'm sorry, your boy?" Lydia questioned and Aspen looked at her with her brows raised.

"Hm? Oh, no, no. We're not a thing or like anything like that." Aspen stuttered out, the little shake of her head giving her lie away.

"Okay," Charlie mocked with a chuckle.

Aspen shook her knees roughly and Charlie yelped.

"Hm. I sense a withhold," Lydia said, narrowing her eyes. "Did he kiss you?"

Aspen's whole face turned pink and she wasn't able to control her expression.

"What?" Aspen's voice shook.

Lydia beamed clapping her hands once loudly. "You did!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"When did you guys have a chance to bang?" Charlie asked, eyes wide as she turned to look up at Aspen.

"Don't say bang so loud and no we didn't do that either!" Aspen half shouted, praying the parents weren't curious enough to listen.

Lydia grasped Aspen's hand "How was it?"

"The what?"

"The kiss that you totally had with Issac!"

"We didn't!" Aspen hissed, feeling herself fall ill with a fever.

Lydia waggled a finger and Aspen slapped it away. "But you did. How was it? tongue or no tongue?" she asked, smirking.

Aspen was gaping shaking her head "Lydia, please shut up." she said with quiet desperation.

"Who was better though? Me or him?"

"I'm not answering that." she vexed with a finality in her tone and faced forward. She felt Lydia staring with a smile and Charlie shaking with laughter. Aspen slapped Charlie's head.

Aspen felt another pair of eyes on her. She turned her head slowly to the right to see Mellissa and Noah staring at her. Aspen wanted to sink into th bleachers.

Mellissa was smiling softly, suppressing a grin. Noah's lips were parted slightly, brows high.

"You and Lahey?" Noah asked, genuinely confused.

"Dear god," Aspen murmured exasperatedly and faced forward.

Aspen looked in time to see Isaac placing his helmet over his head. He strode to the field before turning around to walk backward. Isaac grinned at Aspen when he met her gaze and lifted his gloved hand, pointing at it to indicate the marble was inside. Deja vu. Aspen smiled gently and nodded.

The second half began. The crowd shook the bleachers when the whistle sounded. Beacon Hills had possession when number fourteen giant, the bulky figure stood his ground and knocked one of his players over. The crowd groaned and Aspen's smile slipped. The plan Scott and Isaac came up with suddenly seemed strenuous for high school lacrosse. Isaac kept knocking his players off the field and Aspen couldn't comprehend why. The bench began to fill the original starters but Isaac knocked them down too.

"Lahey!" Coach shouted. "Seriously, what the hell is your problem?"

Isaac walked backward as he spread his arms with a teasing grin and shrugged his shoulders.

The teams were a mix on the field as they all went for the ball. Aspen could hardly see Isaac. They all crashed and she could hear the crowd wince but couldn't understand why. When the other players moved, number fourteen was the only one left on the ground.

Jackson took off his helmet, smirking, as he sauntered from Isaac.

Aspen nearly tripped on her way down the bleachers, her speed meeting Scotts as they rushed on the field to drop by Isaac's side.

Aspen's brows were pulled in, gently took off Isaac's helmet, and checked his face for any blood.

Scott looked at Isaac's leg, expression worried. "It's not broken," Isaac assured, his voice strained from holding back a groan. "But I can't move it."

Aspen's hand instinctively stayed on the side of Isaac's head, her thumb running up and down the side of his face close to his eyes. Isaac laughed despite his pain and his eyes moved to look up at Aspen. Her eyes were glossing over and she looked like she might go into a panic. He would hold her hand if he could or smooth out the lines indenting her forehead.

"Stop with that look," Isaac groaned, "I'm fine."

"You're paralyzed," Aspen murmured, eyes widening more. "Jackson nicked you. It's spreading."

The paramedics came rushing in with a stretcher. They struggled to lift Isaac and Aspen was already moving to follow, eyes never leaving Isaac.

"Hey, hey no. Stay here." Isaac pleaded gently.

"I don't care about the game," Aspen snapped as she walked alongside the paramedics.

"Stay. Gerard is gonna pull something and they need you here. Please."

Aspen and Isaac leveled each other with a stare. Aspen sucked her teeth and shook her head, knowing he was right. She leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on his head before striding back to the bleachers. Isaac sighed through his nose and squeezed his eyes shut.

The game resumed. Aspen could hardly keep her eyes on Scott and Stiles when her mind was somewhere else. But she let her eyes wander around for Gerard or his men. She saw neither and that bothered her more.

Beacon Hills was behind but not by too much. With the way Isaac was playing dirty, they don't exactly have their best players right now.

Charlie was standing now, hands on her hips as she watched Stiles fail at every athletic attempt. Aspen's leg was shaking and Lydia was gripping her arm.

Stiles was alone. The rest of the players across the field were looking for the ball. Aspen's eyes went wide.

"Stiles go! Shoot it!" Aspen shouted, shooting up from her seat.

Stiles looked at her through his helmet, furrowing his brows in confusion. His head pivoted around until his gaze dropped to his feet. The ball rolled right in front of him.

"Go, idiot! Run!" Charlie screamed, using her hands to funnel her voice.

Stiles scooped it, keeping his head up, hoping the other players didn't see him. he scuttled back hesitantly, dirt picking up under his stumbling form. Then his feet were carrying him. He was tripping over himself but he kept going with the ball in his net.

Stiles looked back, the players now in his heels.

Aspen, Lydia, and Charlie were on their feet, stomping and screaming bloody murder for Stiles o go faster. Noah, however, was prepared for the inevitable. he was hunched over, hooding his eyes ready to clap them over when his son fell face first in the dirt.

Stiles skidded to a stop once he was in front of the goalie, hesitating.

The players were approaching fast and Stiles was dumbfounded. He looked faint.

"Stilinski!" Coach shouted. Stiles turned his attention to him, lips parted. "Shoot it? Shoot. the. Ball! Shoot it, you idiot!"

"Shoot it!" Lydia screeched.

Stiles looked to Lydia and in one movement, pulled his arm back and swung. The ball slammed into the back of the net.

The crowd was in an uproar, everyone bumping as they got to their feet and cheered. Noah was pumping his fist hugging Mellissa and probably making her gi deaf by how loud he was. Mina was covering her ears and Charlie pumped her fist and cupped her mouth to scream. Sam waved the pom with delight, his cheeks red with a grin. Aspen and Lydia were shaking each other as they screamed Stiles' name.

"I scored a goal! I scored a goal!" Stiles bellowed as his teammates hit him hard on the back in congratulations.

Stiles' confidence only went up from there. She scored another and then another. Noah was red with happiness. Aspen's heart was light as she felt Stiles' bliss from across the field. He was looking at them through his helmet, wearing a goofy smile. But Aspen knew who he was hoping was really watching. Who he wanted to notice him. Finally, see him.

Lydia.

And Charlie saw it as well. Her clapping slowed but she kept going, keeping her smile. Aspen rubbed a hand on Charlie's shoulder momentarily before joining in celebration again.

The buzzer went off and the sound was muffled altogether until it was one white noise.

Then one by one, Aspen watched as the floodlights went out.

Someone screamed and Aspen felt herself nearly fall forward from people panicking. It was happening too fast. Aspen adjusted her supernatural eyes and immediately looked for Sam. He was still seated, but crouched now, holding his hand over his head.

Aspen moved down, feeling Lydia hold her hand.

"Aspen? Aspen!" Lydia shouted, her voice shaking.

"I'm here, I'm here just walk slow." Aspen tried to keep her voice level but something was happening. She could feel it. Aspen squatted in front of sam. "Pa? Are you okay?"

"Oh, oh, Juney is that you?" he asked with a tremble in his voice, shaky hands reaching out to grab Aspen's arms.

"It's me, just stay here with Lydia and Mina okay?"

"This doesn't feel right Aspen. You gotta get out of here and take Charlie." Mina demanded, levelheaded as always. She had a hand on Sam's back, her other hand in her purse. Aspe didn't need to ask what was inside.

"That's more of a reason to stay. Gerard is planning something." Aspen argued.

"I don't care. I said go."

"I--"

Aspen stood straight, turning her head. The screams were throwing her out of focus but she heard it. She drowned it out. Drowned out everything that wasn't Stiles. Then it was only white noise and all she sought was right there.

"Help! Help me! Get off!"

Aspen opened her eyes and she felt them water.

"Stiles," she murmured, breaking into a run.

She heard Mina and Lydia shout for her but she kept sprinting, feeling a tear trickle. No no no. Not this. Anything but Stiles. She shoved past people and she could hear Charlie trying to catch up with her. Aspen got across the field, the darkness and mist not helping. She got to the wood's edge and squinted but saw nothing. She was heaving for breath and Charlie slowed down by her side.

"Heads up when you're about to go full sprint bro," Charlie panted, hands on her hips.

"Help!"

Aspen snapped her neck to the side. There was a van and men were struggling to hold Stiles down and put a needle in him.

Aspen and Charle lunged into a run, desperate to get to him. Aspen's eyes glowed white and she felt air wrapped around her fingers as they pumped with every step she took.

Stiles saw them through his struggle, his eyes going wider. His eyes glanced to something she couldn't see and he shook harder.

"Hey, no, no, no, Aspen wait!"

Aspen felt the air strip from her lungs. A dart filled with red liquid was shot into the side of her throat. She stumbled and fell to her knees, scraping her palms on the rough dirt. Charlie was hit next, inhaling sharply and catching herself on a floodlight pole.

Gerard nodded, thankful to the men who shot them, and approached calmly with his hands behind his back.

"Miss Veata," he said with a lilt to his voice

Aspen trembled with fury, trying to keep herself from falling under. The edges of her vision were blending and then dulling. Her eyes were bloodshot as she glared up a Gerard.

"Good to see you again. I think it's time we talk, hm?"

Aspen couldn't fight the plant's toxins.

The world went dark.

_____<•>_____

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.4M 37.8K 25
{Completely rewritten as of July 2023: Recommend a second read-through if read before :) } Luna should've never asked Lydia Martin for her edible cry...
107K 4.9K 61
❝𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨�...
1.8M 55.4K 137
"Mine," he answered as his forehead touched her's. A serious expression set across his face. "That all depends," she replied. "On what?" "If you keep...
113K 4.3K 136
• BOOK ONE • "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion sense and a quick wit is dragged into a w...