Worth the Fight

By tufano79

What happens when you think you have it all, only to find out it was all a lie. Edward Masen, a prized profes... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Author's Note
Chapter 17
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Public Service Announcement
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter 39
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Six

244 19 5
By tufano79

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy?

Again, I do apologize for the delay. A couple of things happened ... one, I had to put my sweet little furbaby (the aforementioned cranky dog) to sleep. She had a pretty substantial seizure that resulted in paralysis in her back legs. I loved my baby girl. She was my best friend and constant companion through my divorce, my mom's death, and COVID-19. I will, in time, get another furbaby, but for now, I need to grieve her. For those of you passed on condolences for my Wrigley. I appreciate it.

What I own: Way too many books

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Six

"Will you put that phone away?" Emmett teased Bella.

"I'm cyberstalking Jacob, finding proof of his indiscretions," Bella answered, pursing her lips as she saw him posing with some skanky blonde. "God, her tits are all on display in this picture and is he groping her ass? What did I ever see in him?"

Emmett plucked the phone out of Bella's hand, stuffing it into his pocket. "Isabella Marie, I would be remiss as the husband of your best friend if I didn't tell you that you were obsessing. Jacob Black is a tool, and you deserve so much better. If I wasn't married to my Rosalie, I'd be the perfect man for you."

Bella gave her friend and fighter a bland look. "Emmett, I love you, but we'd kill each other. Also, I know that Jacob was a tool. He wasn't very tool-ish with me. Until now," Bella frowned. "Well, I know that now. Just seeing proof of his cheating in black and white on my computer, stealing from Bull Dog, makes me sick. I'm so fucking pissed."

"I don't blame you, Bella. We're all pissed," Emmett said, squeezing her hand. "I know that Rose talked to you about her ex ..."

"Royce King was an asshole, like Jacob," Bella spat. "An abusive, misogynistic asshole."

"Royce King got what he deserved, and then some," Emmett smirked, with a dark expression on his face.

What Royce got was an epic beating from Emmett when he saw Rosalie sobbing hysterically with battered face. Obviously, Rose and Emmett were not together at the time, but they had been friends. On top of cheating on Rose, Royce was also abusive and blamed Rose for everything, even when things went wrong with his side piece. Long story short, Royce ended up in prison for his abusive behaviors. He also had to pay restitution upon his release.

Now, Jacob wasn't abusive, but he was a cheater. All trust he'd gained was lost because of what he did ...

"Are you going to beat the shit out of Jacob?" Bella asked, wiping a tear from her face.

"If you want me to, I will, Bella," Emmett said, squeezing her close and kissing her cheek. "I could use some practice and I'll use Jacob's face as a punching bag."

"I'll let you know," Bella said. "Now, let's talk about this weekend. I'm acting as your representation. Jared will be ringside since Dad can't be at two places at once."

"I know, he told me," Emmett said. "Paul needs his hands held. Though, I'm surprised Charlie is at an MMA tournament. He's such a boxer."

"Again, Paul needs his support. Jared could have done it, but Paul sees something in my father that he desperately needed after his own father passed," Bella explained.

"Charlie is the father to us all. Well, so is Doc Cullen," Emmett laughed. "But, Doc Cullen is more like the stern dad. Charlie's the dad who would take you to your first titty bar."

"Oh, ewww, Emmett," Bella groaned, shuddering.

"What?!" he guffawed, giving Bella a silly grin.

"Back to the fight this weekend, you're getting weighed in tomorrow along with the news conference. The fight is happening the day after tomorrow. Your fight is scheduled second. I'll be with you at the news conference and check on you before you go into the arena, but I'll be watching from the private box that we'd purchased for the actual fight."

"You don't want to get splattered by sweat, blood or snot, hmmm?" he teased.

"Not particularly, no," she smirked. "I've got to get in the right headspace to deal with Jacob. I've got a room at the Wynn, but I also got an extra room key to Jacob's place since the room was charged to the business card used to make the reservations, plus I used the girlfriend card. I 'wanted' to surprise him."

"And after kicking him to the curb?" Emmett asked.

"Splurging on too many spa treatments, soaking in the sun and doing a little gambling," Bella said. "I'm also considering in redoing my bedroom since I'll need to defunkify my space. Dad's emptying out Jacob's shit from my house."

"Changing the locks, too?"

"Yep," Bella snorted humorlessly. "Jacob will be effectively homeless because he couldn't keep his cock in his pants, living the big life."

"He got too big for his britches," Emmett muttered.

"That's what Dad said," Bella agreed. "You focus on watching film of your opponent, I'm going to continue cyberstalking my ex."

"No, you can read a book," Emmett laughed, plucking out the romance novel she'd purchased at Hudson News from the seat pocket.

The rest of the flight went by smoothly. They landed in Las Vegas and were loaded into the arranged limo. Bella texted her father, informing him that they'd arrived safely, and he responded with a picture of all of Jacob's crap in the men's locker room, thoroughly soaked from being in the showers. Bella replied that she was grateful for his help and that she loved him tremendously.

After checking in and dropping off her luggage into her suite, Bella walked to Jacob's room. She saw the 'do not disturb' sign hanging on the door. She also heard muffled giggles. Steeling her spine and gritting her teeth, she used the key and walked into the room. Jacob was in bed with two naked women draped over him. On the nightstand, Bella saw a mirror with white powder on it.

"I thought I had the do not disturb sign ..." Jacob growled, but stopped abruptly when he saw his girlfriend. "Bella! I wasn't expecting you!"

"Clearly," Bella sighed, blinking at the two women, who were pulling up the sheets to cover their bodies. "Are you ready for your fight? I mean, with that ..." She gestured to the coke on the mirror. "You could get disqualified."

"It's not mine," Jacob stammered, wriggling out from between the two women. "They were partying."

"We offered, but Jakey said no," giggled slut number one. "He's got a big fight tonight."

"I don't think so," Bella smirked. "No fight."

"You don't have the right to say that," argued slut number two.

"Actually, I do," Bella argued back. "I was his girlfriend, but I'm also the person who works for the gym he represents. So, as your boss, Jacob, you are not able to fight tonight. You are responsible for the fines and fees for missing tonight's event, along with all of the charges you put on the business card. Here's an itemized list of the charges, totaling twenty-five thousand dollars." She placed the packet of his indiscretions on the edge of the bed.

"Bella," Jacob breathed. "I have to ..."

She held up her hand, effectively cutting off his argument. "If I had my way, you'd be thrown out on your ass, Mr. Black, with no representation, no career," Bella said, trying to keep her voice strong. "But, you've stolen from the gym, broken our trust and became a liability. Now, if you excuse me, I have to withdraw your name from the fight tonight. When you fly back to Seattle, don't bother coming home."

"What does that mean? Bella, I love you," Jacob whispered.

"I can see how much you love me," Bella snapped, gesturing to the two sluts. "We're done. Now, continue with your threesome. This will be the last one you'll enjoy for a while." She turned on her heel, walking out of the room. Her journey back to her suite was a blur as her heart shattered, seeing Jacob's betrayal firsthand.

Back in safety of her room, she withdrew Jacob from the fight and explained that he would be paying the fees for his withdrawal. She also requested that he get a drug test by the event coordinators. She ended the call, tossing her phone onto the couch. Kicking off her heels, she walked to the king-sized bed. She let the tears flow, sobbing for the end of her three-year relationship with Jacob.

He'd shattered her trust, broke her spirit.

But, after tonight, Bella would never cry over Jacob Black again. He wasn't worth it.

She deserved better.

A/N: She kicked the Big Bad Wolf to the curb. No more Jacob ... with his philandering ways.

Pictures are up on my blog. You can find a link on my profile. I'm also on FB: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. Twitter, too: tufano79.

Up next ... will Bella and Edward meet? Leave me your thoughts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 367 36
One message, One night is all it took for Pari to see through her fiancé's myriad of lies. He was a devil in an angel's body. Arin was the nice guy...
696K 29.3K 49
*cover made by newgirlmoon* Elliot Matlin promised herself not to get caught up with her best friend's bad boy of an ex-boyfriend, Laughlin...
1.3M 36.5K 54
"What you said hurt, asshole. What did you think would happen?" I yell in his face. I'm so angry that I could most definitely shove his face into the...
71.4K 2.4K 40
Dr. Edward Masen lived a lonely, miserable existence as an emergency room attending at Harborview Medical Center. He ate, breathed and lived for his...