A Broken Pair - (CPD)

By KNeill006

The Intelligence unit goes to a school to talk to students and ask about crimes in the area. They meet two yo... More

Kat
New house
Pet Shop
Hi, again
Sports
I'm okay
Help her
Safe
Her Blood
Help, please
Sirens
What happened?
Vendetta
Kelly!
I fell
Party
Are you deaf?
We are not sure
We can't do this
Money
New Family
Bullies
Arguments
Hurtful Words
Young Love
Advice
For godsake
Fighting
Late Night Walks
Paper balls
Shit is about to go down
A crazy ER
Therapy
Taken
You're Safe
Different Paths
Family BBQ

Nightmares

563 12 0
By KNeill006

"Stop! No! Please!" Screamed Kat, waking me up.

Quickly, I got out of bed, stumbling around in the dark. I went to pull open my door but forgot to move my foot and stubbed my toe on the door.

"Ow." I whispered as I ran over to Kat's bedroom.

When I swung open the door, she was shaking and grabbing onto her duvet. There was sweat dripping from her forehead as she screamed and squirmed around.

I climbed onto the bed and wrapped my hands around hers, giving her a hug from the back.

"Stop! Get off!" She shouted.

"Shh, Kat. It's me Jay. You're having a nightmare."

She woke up and sat up, covered in sweat. She was breathing heavily as she looked around the room and saw a shadow in the corner of her room. I knew it was Will because he had told me that if he was woken up, he would grab a cold towel to cool Kat down.

She picked up something from the floor and lobbed it at his head. Will dropped to the floor, holding his head as he reached for the lamp. Kat looked down at Will and then the slipper as she let out a small laugh.

"Sorry, Will."

"It's okay." He said and walked off to the bathroom.

"You okay, kid?" I asked.

"Hmm? Yeah."

"What's up, Kat?"

"I don't who it was. It was just a figure. He attacked you."

"Me?"

"Yeah because you are the closest one to me. The one who makes me feel safe."

"I'm so sorry, Kat for what I said. Your nightmares are never and never will be an inconvenience."

"I know. You were just trying to get me to talk to someone."

"I was. I'm sorry, Kat."

"It's okay. Will, what is that?"

"It's a cold towel. You are sweating." Said Will as he came over and lightly dabbed it on Kat's face.

"Are you okay to go to sleep by yourself or-"

"Can you stay? Please?" She asked, cutting me off which I didn't care about because I could tell just how scared she was to be alone.

"Do you want me to stay?" Asked Will.

"If you want. It's up to you."

"Yeah. I don't want to be alone and away from you guys." He said.

"Alright but you have the floor."

"What? How is this fair?"

"Get comfy." Laughed Kat as she laid back down to sleep.

It was now four in the morning when Kat woke up again, screaming. This time, she woke up and checked her body as if she had been stabbed and then she got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, throwing up.

Will woke up and followed her into the bathroom to hold her hair back.

He gave me a strange look as I just shrugged my shoulders and went to sit on the bathroom floor.

"You guys should go back to bed. You have work tomorrow." Coughed Kat.

"Nope. We are staying up with you. Why were you sick?" I asked.

"I don't know." She lied.

"Kat, what did you see."

"There was just so much blood. It wouldn't stop and then I was covered in it."

"It's okay. You're okay. None of us are hurt."

"I can't sleep Jay." She said.

"You'll get there." I said as I helped her up off the floor and got out some mouthwash for her.

She swished it around her mouth before she spat it out. Will let out a yawn but tried his best to hide it because he didn't want to feel like he was letting Kat down.

"Go to sleep. I'll stay up."

"You sure? You are working a hard case at the moment."

"Yeah and you're saving lives. You can't be tired."

"Okay. Wake me up if you need me."

"Will do."

The next morning, Kat woke up for school in a happy mood and was rearing to go.

"You ready kid?"

"Yeah, let's go."

I dropped her off at school and she walked to the gate to meet Bella and Josh as well as some other boy I didn't recognise.

*Bella's Pov*

"We have a new chemistry teacher." I said.

"What? Why? Also I hope you are prepared for the chem test." Asked Kat.

"Yeah I'm ready and I have no clue why we have a different teacher."

We sat down in chemistry and were starting to get our stuff out for the test when the new teacher walked in. He was dressed in a fully black suit and had a couple of golden rings and a hand tattoo. We were sat at the back and turned to each other with a questioning look.

"Hi, I'm Mr Villigatti. I'm your new chem teacher."

"Can we just get on with the test?" Said Hayden.

"Oh, forgot to tell you. We're not doing a test."

"No offence but I have spent a lot of time revising for this and so have a lot of other people." Said Kat.

"Yeah, we've spent hours of our time." Said Josh.

"Wow, Katerina. I didn't realise you would be so rude in person."

"I'm sorry?" Asked Kat.

"Her name is Kat." I said.

"Is it though?" He questioned with a smile on his face.

I didn't like the look of him and I could tell everyone in the room felt uneasy with him, even Alan.

"Hey, she said her name is Kat. So you can call her that." Said Hayden.

"We are going to be learning about circuits."

"Where did you get your licence to teach?" Asked Amelia.

"Doesn't matter."

"Where's our actual teacher?" Kat asked.

"Be quiet!"

I reached into my phone and texted Kat to pack her bag. I watched her as she grabbed her stuff and told Amelia, Josh and Hayden the same things as well as Aidan.

We all grabbed our bags and walked out of the room but didn't get far when two other men started walking towards the classroom.

"That's her! Grab her!" Shouted one of them.

We all started running in different directions, Kat and I headed towards the pool and hid under the bleachers. If we were bigger, we wouldn't of fit through the gap in the seats.

"Who are they?" Asked Kat.

"I don't know but we should just stay here until the day is done. No one can see us behind here." I said.

"I hope the others are okay." Said Kat but quickly fell silent when the doors opened.

The two men stalked in with guns by their side and bullet proof vests on. Both our phones were on silent so I quickly sent a text to Antonio.

"We know you are under the bleachers, Kat. We saw on the cameras." Said one guy.

We peeked out through the gap to see their chest area but then they crouched down and we were staring at a pair of eyes.

Kat crawled out but told me to stay put. I wanted to move but my body was frozen with shock.

After Kat got out of the bleachers, they dragged her out of the doors.

"Bella! Call Jay!" Shouted Kat.

I ran out after them but ran to my locker instead of after them. I opened the black case at the back and then took a deep breath before grabbing what I needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 6.5K 31
What happens when Jay Halstead meets Hank Voight's adoptive daughter and ex-fiance of one of Chicago's most notorious Drug Dealers Disclaimer: I own...
119K 3.8K 45
"But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark You should know you're beautiful just the way you are" Jay's life looks like it's falling apar...
26.2K 443 10
Detective Halstead and Detective Upton go undercover in attempts to bust a drug deal, but leave trying to solve something far worse... -Chicago PD-
177K 2.7K 38
When hank voights adopted daughter returns home to Chicago, her life seems to get better. But better is the enemy of good... -Chicago PD-