Worth the Fight

By tufano79

What happens when you think you have it all, only to find out it was all a lie. Edward Masen, a prized profes... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Author's Note
Chapter 17
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Public Service Announcement
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter 39
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Five

248 17 3
By tufano79

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy?

I do apologize for the delay. A couple of things happened ... one, I had to put my sweet little furbaby (the aforementioned cranky dog) to sleep. She had a pretty substantial seizure that resulted in paralysis in her back legs. I loved my baby girl. She was my best friend and constant companion through my divorce, my mom's death, and COVID-19. I will, in time, get another furbaby, but for now, I need to grieve her. For those of you passed on condolences for my Wrigley. I appreciate it.

Two, I'm going back to school. In a new position. A new position that will undoubtedly give me more grey hairs and stomach ulcers. I can't say how it'll impact my update schedule, but we'll have to see.

What I own: A love of twinkle lights

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Five

Isabella Swan, sitting in her office at Bull Dog MMA Fighting Club, was trying to make sense of the financial statements. There were some questionable charges on the business account that were raising red flags. She crossed her legs underneath the sleek black desk, wriggling her foot anxiously as she scrolled through pages of charges to the business credit card. With each problematic charge, she grew more and more aggravated. She ground her teeth, trying not to trash her feminine and sexy office.

In a man's world, a male-dominated sport, she needed femininity. She needed flowers, flourishes, and fragrance. Her office was her own personal Zen, but reading about the top shelf alcohol, an overabundance of food, and several boxes of condoms, purchased by one of her fighters?

There was zero Zen.

Instead, there was the sting of anger and betrayal, to be honest.

"Bella, do you have the paperwork for Emmett?" asked Charlie Swan, Bella's father, and retired boxer from the doorway of her office.

He was known as 'Bull Dog' because of his aggressive fighting style. He was also given the moniker because of the abundance of slobber when he wore his mouth guard.

The drool was real. Disgustingly real.

When Charlie retired, he opened up this gym and it became a family affair. As a little girl and all through college, Bella trained in mixed martial arts, but only fought in amateur bouts when she needed to blow off steam. She mainly handled the business side of the gym. "Little Bell, are you with me?"

"Sorry, Dad," Bella responded, shaking her head. "What were you saying?"

"Emmett's paperwork for his fight in Vegas," Charlie said, arching a brow.

"Right ... Yeah," Bella nodded, holding up a file folder. "It has his credentials, flight information, reservations at the Wynn and schedule for his trip."

"Does he need a car?" Charlie asked, taking the file, flipping through it.

"In Vegas?" Bella retorted. "I arranged for a limo to pick him up and the Wynn will provide a car service if he needs it. When I was printing out the information, I found something from the last fight where we sent Jacob. I know you don't deal with the money."

"What?" Charlie frowned, walking to look at the computer screen.

Jacob Black, who was Bella's longtime boyfriend, used to be coached by Charlie. Charlie and Jacob did not get along, to be honest. Their relationship was like oil and water, but it worked for their coaching relationship. Charlie just antagonized Jacob until he submitted to his will. Charlie did not like that he was dating his only child, but he wouldn't break them up. For a time, Jacob made Bella happy.

Now? Not so much.

"Here," Bella said, standing up and gesturing to her seat. "Look at the credit card statement."

Charlie looked at where Bella was pointing. His brows knitted, trying to make sense of what he was seeing. "Little Bell, this is all Greek to me. Explain to me," he said.

"These charges, made by Jacob, were for liquor, food, and condoms. The time he purchased this stuff, he was supposed to be in the ring," Bella explained, crossing her arms. "Yes, he came back with a win, but this is bullshit."

"You know my opinion about Jacob," Charlie grumped.

"Ever since you dumped him as a client, you've told me. Repeatedly," Bella said flatly. "Now, I'm beginning to understand why you think he's not good enough for me."

"No one is good enough for my baby girl. You deserve the best," Charlie said fervently. He tugged her into his lap and kissed her temple. "I love you, Little Bell. I know I ... I wasn't a mother, but I did my best."

"Thanks, Dad," Bella replied, trying not to cry. "You did more than enough. I never wanted for anything." She hugged him tightly.

When Bella was three, her mother decided that she didn't want to be a mom anymore. She packed up her stuff and left Bella with her grandmother in the tiny town of Forks, Washington, while Charlie was out of town, fighting in New York City. Upon his return, he sent a private investigator to find his wife since she'd disappeared into thin air. After a couple of years, when Bella was starting first grade, Charlie was granted a divorce and had Bella's mother's parental rights removed due to her abandonment of their only daughter. He'd focused on his child from the moment he'd returned from his fight, retiring, and becoming a respected coach.

He'd given up his career to be there for his daughter. She'd become his world and she was loved.

"Okay, I think I have a solution," Charlie said. "Book yourself a flight with Emmett and act as his representation. I know that he's being wooed by other fighting clubs. Jacob is already there, and you can ... read him the riot act."

"But, Jacob lives with me," Bella frowned. "I mean, he moved his shit in and got rid of his apartment. I didn't invite him to live with me."

"Not anymore. I'll go over to your house and pack up his shit. He can pick it up here at the gym. I'll also get your locks changed," Charlie said. "He's made some big mistakes. He's spending money faster than he can make it. Why do you think he's using the business card?"

"You're right," Bella agreed. "I'm sorry I was so stubborn about Jacob. I thought he was different."

"He let the fame get to his head, Little Bell," Charlie said, standing up and helping her back into her chair. "There are three types of fighters ... The first one are the fighters with integrity and fire. I'd like to think I was like that. The second type are the fighters who are there for the glory, the money and fame. That's Jacob. The final fighter are the ones who revel in the violence. I don't know if you've heard about the fight against Masen and Romanoff."

"Edward Masen, the wunderkind of Volterra?" Bella asked.

"Yep, that's him. Anyway, at his last fight, about five months ago, he was brutalized by Demetri Romanoff. He had broken ribs, torn rotator cuff and a severe concussion," Charlie described.

"Holy shit!"

"Right," Charlie said. "The reason he was so torn up was that Demetri had brass knuckles on underneath his gloves and Edward's water was drugged."

"Did Demetri drug his water or was it his coaches?" Bella asked, worried about the man who lived across the country.

"Demetri's camp denied it and I'm struggling with why Volterra would drug their own fighters," Charlie shrugged. "Anyway, Masen was fucked up. He was supposed to fight at this event in Las Vegas, but his physician pulled him from the fight."

"Wait, his physician?"

"Aro Volturi is a viper. He may seem like he cares about his fighters, but he doesn't. All he sees is dollar signs. He saw an opportunity to make money with Edward fighting and he took it. Marcus Volturi, the physician, obviously has more brains," Charlie snorted humorlessly. "Demetri Romanoff, who was blacklisted for life, is the third type of fighter. He probably had a hard on after he saw the damage he inflicted on Masen."

"Good. I'm glad Demetri got banned," Bella said, her nose wrinkled. "From what I've heard about Edward Masen is that he's a smart, calculating fighter ... very fast."

"His feet barely touch the ground and his hands? I wouldn't want to fight him, but I'd love to coach him. I could take him to that next level," Charlie laughed. "I'm going to work with Emmett. You arrange for flights and treat yourself to a nice Las Vegas vacay after you dump Jacob's ass."

"Can we ban him from the gym?" Bella wheedled, jutting out her lower lip and giving her father the puppy dog pout.

"Sam Uley still works for us, Little Bell," Charlie said. "As long as Jacob works with Sam and Sam works for us, he's a part of the Bull Dog team. He's just no longer a part of our family. I'll throw out the big bad wolf."

"Thanks, Dad," Bella said, giving her father an appreciative smile. With a wave, Charlie left, and Bella booked herself a reservation on the same flight as Emmett from Seattle to Las Vegas. She also treated herself to one of the Tower Suites at the Wynn, along with some much-needed spa time.

After finishing her work, she opened up her web browser and typed in Edward Masen's name into the search bar, wanting to find out more about his most recent fight. It's not like she knew him, but hearing about his injuries and how severe they were just tugged at her heartstrings.

It also didn't help that Edward Masen was one of the most beautiful men she'd ever seen ...

She was, after all, single.

But, did she want to run the risk of dating another fighter?

If anything, she could have a lot of fodder to masturbate to ... he was delicious.

A/N: We heard from Bella. She's a total daddy's girl, but she has her own form of badassery. Right now, she's currently (but not for long) with Jacob and you'll hear more about them soon. Edward and Bella have not met. Since they work in the same industry, she's familiar with him, but they've never met face-to-face.

Anyway, pictures from this chapter are on my blog. Link for that is on my profile. I'm also on FB: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. Twitter, too: tufano79.

Leave me your thoughts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 6.3K 36
Hi, my name is Emily i have lived here in California all my life. I have a pretty normal life i guess. I'm not popular,i get straight A's, i get bull...
89.9K 4.4K 101
Edward Masen, twenty-eight, is the most popular escort working for Esme Platt at Buying Love, Inc. He's the best at what he does and no woman goes un...
39.6K 1.5K 36
Isabella Swan moved away from the world she's known, trying to move on from the loss of her parents and raising her baby sister, Katie. She's always...
49.6K 1.2K 10
Four years have passed since twenty-four year old Bella Swan broke up with her fiancé of six months. After dating Edward Cullen for three years, the...