A Broken Pair - (CPD)

Por KNeill006

The Intelligence unit goes to a school to talk to students and ask about crimes in the area. They meet two yo... Más

Kat
New house
Pet Shop
Hi, again
Sports
I'm okay
Help her
Safe
Her Blood
Help, please
Sirens
What happened?
Vendetta
Kelly!
I fell
Party
Are you deaf?
We are not sure
We can't do this
Money
New Family
Bullies
Arguments
Hurtful Words
Young Love
Advice
For godsake
Late Night Walks
Paper balls
Shit is about to go down
A crazy ER
Therapy
Nightmares
Taken
You're Safe
Different Paths
Family BBQ

Fighting

625 13 0
Por KNeill006

~Mentions of Self Harm~

*Jay's Pov*

We were trying to work a case but I kept getting distracted by seeing Kat and Bella talk. For a moment, I was happy that they were talking but then they looked like they were arguing.

"Jay! Focus." Shouted Hank.

"Sorry, Sarge."

"It isn't Thomas Wills. He has an alibi and five people have confirmed it. He was high at two in the morning so he doesn't remember but other people do and so do cameras."

"Great. Any other leads?" Asked Kevin.

"Currently no but our victim does have family in North Coralina. They arrived in Chicago two days ago."

I ignored Hank again and looked over to Bella and Kat. Kat looked like she was trying to keep the conversation calm and herself calm because she was clenching her fist.

"Jay? Are you listening?" Asked Hank again as he followed my gaze towards the two.

"Leave them, Jay." Said Antonio.

"Are you aware that they are in argument?" I asked.

"What? No they're not. They walked to school together today."

"No, Kat walked with Josh."

"Kat is lying."

"No she isn't."

"I'm pretty sure she is."

"No. She is not. They had a massive fall out and Bella said that Kat chose the wrong person."

"Yeah right. They are like sisters."

"Not at the moment they're not."

We all looked over to them as Kat stood up and walked over to Bella. They held eye contact for a few moments before Bella said something and I swear I could see Kat's eyes darken. She swung for Bella and hit her. She sent another swing to Bella's face and she dropped to the floor, holding her nose.

Hank ran into the breakroom and grabbed Kat. She tried to get out of his arms but it was no use. Hank pulled Kat into his office, locked the door and then stood by it so she couldn't leave.

Antonio ran into the breakroom and was looking at Bella's nose before moving her over to the sink.

I walked towards Hank's office and knocked on the door but he refused to open it.

"Hank. Open the door."

"Just let her calm down. Call Will or Ethan to check out Bella."

"Antonio can check her out. If it is broken, it won't stop bleeding and you will be able to see."

"Jay." Warned Hank.

"Fine."

I reached into my pocket to call Will but hesitated and looked towards Bella. Her nose was still bleeding and Antonio was struggling to make it stop.

Will. What's up?"

Did you really have to say your name? I literally called you from the contact that was in my phone.

Sorry, I didn't check who it was.

At least I know you care.

What's up?

Can you or another doctor come down to the 21st?

Why?

Kat punched Bella.

What!?

Bella's nose is bleeding.

What is Kat saying?

I don't know. Hank locked her in his office and won't let me in.

Okay. I'm on my way.

Surprisingly, it wasn't just Will who turned up. Ethan was there to and they were both out of their scrubs.

"Wait, is your shift over?" I asked Ethan and Will.

"Yeah." They both responded.

"Go home, Ethan."

"No. I want to stay. Plus, Will wants to be there when you talk to Kat."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. If I'm not here, I would be watching some crappy movie or working out."

"Okay. She's in the breakroom."

Ethan walked to the breakroom as Will and I walked towards Hank's office. I knocked on the door and he opened it enough that we could walk in and Kat wouldn't walk out. He's keeping her in here like a caged animal.

"I'm sorry. I don't regret it because what she said was horrible but I shouldn't have hit her twice."

"Hey, it's okay. No, you shouldn't have hit her but I did see that you were fighting not to."

"What did she say?" Asked Will.

"We were arguing." Said Kat, cutting her sentence short.

"Kat. What was said?"

"I said that I wouldn't be there to hold her hand for the rest of her life. And then she called me a freak."

"Why did she call you a freak?"

"The bruises and t-the fact that I used to...um...it doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. What was she calling you a freak about?"

"I told her that their wasn't enough plastic surgery to fix her ugly face."

"That was a bit far. I get she may have said something about your appearance but you never bring looks into an argument."

"I know. It kind of just slipped out."

"What did she say?" Pushed Will.

"What do you mean?" Asked Kat.

"About the thing that doesn't matter." Said Will.

"I don't know if you remember. Adam and Kim probably do. Maybe even Kevin. I think Kevin was trying to stop you from listening. I don't know why you would want to, Hank, maybe you were concerned or worried or-"

"Kat. What is going on?" I asked.

"I...um...I used to self harm."

"That doesn't make you a freak."

"I have scars. They are old."

"I've never seen them so they can't be bad."

"I cover them with makeup." She said and wiped her arm of the makeup.

"You can barely see them." I said.

"I know but I've wrecked my body."

"No you haven't."

"Yes, I have."

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

"Because I felt like I needed to feel some sort of pain other than the bruises."

"Do you feel pain now?"

"Yeah, my ribs hurt. I've realised that it is all the same pain. The pain I'm feeling because I've just lost my bestfriend can be solved by crying and being hugged."

"See that's good. But you never are and never will be a freak."

"People say it all the time just because they haven't felt the pain that others have. You need to ignore her. I know it is hard but look at where you are today. You've stopped and you are healed." Said Will.

"Yeah. I guess."

"I have to work but let Will take you home. Maybe you can convince him to take the dogs out to the pier."

"Okay." Kat nodded.

------------------

A/N: I'm sorry to anyone who does suffer with self harm. I don't mean anything by what I've written. I'm just going by what I've heard people call others. If you are struggling with your mental health, please reach out to friends or family.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

191K 2.7K 85
This story based on 2 years after Erin left to go to New York to take a job to keep Bunny out of jail. I kept Alvin Olinksey alive in the story as we...
119K 3.8K 45
"But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark You should know you're beautiful just the way you are" Jay's life looks like it's falling apar...
38K 517 35
Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. They never spoke again or even knew if eac...
16.4K 280 14
When a new detective Mia Stevens joins the Intelligence Unit, the whole team take a disliking to her. She has attitude, she's messy but she gets the...