A Broken Pair - (CPD)

By KNeill006

The Intelligence unit goes to a school to talk to students and ask about crimes in the area. They meet two yo... More

Kat
New house
Pet Shop
Hi, again
Sports
I'm okay
Help her
Safe
Her Blood
Help, please
Sirens
What happened?
Vendetta
Kelly!
I fell
Party
Are you deaf?
We are not sure
We can't do this
Money
Bullies
Arguments
Hurtful Words
Young Love
Advice
For godsake
Fighting
Late Night Walks
Paper balls
Shit is about to go down
A crazy ER
Therapy
Nightmares
Taken
You're Safe
Different Paths
Family BBQ

New Family

860 17 3
By KNeill006

*Kat's Pov*

"Who are you choosing?" Asked Bella.

"I'm going with Jay. Kevin is like a friend and I don't want to live with his siblings. Plus, Jay saved me."

"I thought you would go with Hank."

"I hate that man."

"Kat, you should talk to him."

"He got Al killed."

"Let it go!" She shouted.

"I'm done with my decision, you need to make yours."

"I'll go with Antonio."

"Okay." I said and turned back around.

I don't feel great, at all. I feel dizzy and spinning back around nearly made me topple over.

"So, what will it be?" Asked Hank.

"I'd like to stay with Jay." I said.

"You sure?" Jay asked.

"Yeah. I've pushed you away so many times but I actually need you. I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay." Jay smiled.

"Bella?" Asked Hank.

"I'll choose Antonio." She said.

"Okay. We'll get the paperwork signed as soon as we get back but for now, you guys need to go back to the hospital." Said Hank.

We started walking towards them but my legs gave out on my and I collapsed to the floor. Jay ran over and sat by my side.

"Where does it hurt?" Jay asked.

"I'm bleeding, Jay." I gasped in pain.

"Antonio, grab the car. Now!" Shouted Hank as he and the others ran down the runway and towards the cars.

Antonio pulled up and Bella got into the passenger seat as Jay sat in the back with me.

*Jay's Pov*

"You're going to be okay." I whispered as I held her.

"I know I am because I'm safe with you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I've got you."

Hank called ahead to the hospital to let them now that we were coming in. Kat was struggling to stay awake as she hugged my arm that was holding onto her.

"How is she?" Asked Ethan as ran up to us.

"She's torn her stiches and is gasping for air."

"Okay. We are taking her up to surgery." Said Crockett.

"Please save her."

"She will be fine, Jay."

I watched for the second time as they wheeled her into the elevator, ready for surgery.

"She'll be okay." Said Antonio as he walked towards Bella's room.

She was having an IV put in and Will was doing the necessary checks like her heart rate and her breathing.

A couple of hours later, Ethan came out with an update on Kat.

"She's going to be okay. She did tear a few stiches. We stopped the bleeding and sorted the stiches out. She will be one hell of a doctor one day if she decides to go down that route."

"Thanks, Ethan." I chuckled and walked to her room.

"Heyy." She said, her voice sounding sleepy.

"Hey." I said and took a seat next to her bed.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

It had been a few days now, Kat was out of hospital and was packing up a few things at her old house.

"Do you want this?" I asked her as I picked up a picture of her and her mom.

"Yeah. I'll keep it."

I put it in one of the boxes with her clothes and then took two of them downstairs. When I was walking back up, Kat had grabbed a box in her hand but then dropped it and leant on her bed.

"Woah. You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"You heard Ethan. You need to take it easy."

"I'm fine."

"Kat."

"Okay. Okay. It hurts. A lot."

"They are broken ribs. They will hurt. Are you done packing?"

"Yep. Where's Archie?"

"I did tell you after you came out of surgery."

"First or second time?"

"First."

"Yeah. I don't remember anything."

"He's been staying with Hank."

"Great."

"I'll drop you off on the way to the apartment. I'll wait in the car while you get Archie."

"Can't you just grab him?"

"No. You two need to talk."

"I don't want to."

"You have both said some things that you need to apologise for."

"Fine."

Once all the boxes were packed, I put them in the car and then drove us both to Hank's house.

"I'll wait out here."

"It's fine. I'll walk home."

"Kat."

"I'm joking." She laughed.

"Go get Archie." I laughed back.

*Hank's Pov*

I heard a small knock on my door and hoped it would be Kat considering Jay said she was going to come by and collect Archie. I looked through the peep hole in case it wasn't her and had my shotgun close by. I swung the door open to see Kat in a pair of shorts and a baggy top.

"Hey. Come in." I said.

She gave me a small smile and stepped inside before she crouched down and rubbed Archie's head.

"So, how are you feeling?" I asked and clasped my hands together.

"Good." She replied.

"I was wondering if we could talk."

"Sure." She said and followed me to the couch.

She slowly sat down but more like stumbled into the couch.

"You sure you okay?"

"No. My ribs hurt. My leg sometimes aches and it's hard to carry a bag on my shoulder without it hurting."

"It will get better."

"I know. It's just...I start school next week. I don't want attention being drawn to me. I want it to be how it was before but hopefully without the bullies."

"You said Josh had changed."

"Yeah. We are closer now."

"He better be just a friend."

"Hank." She laughed.

There was a moment of silence as she looked down and let out a few laughs. The laughs turned into tears and my face dropped when I realised she was crying.

"Come here." I said and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry. Everything I said was rude. I didn't know you cared that much and what I said about you and Al was wrong of me."

"I forgive you."

"I wouldn't. You were his bestfriend and I just blamed you for his death. It wasn't anyone's fault apart from that chief guy."

"It's okay."

"It's not. I hurt your feelings. You're not a dirty cop and I thank you for everything you did to help Bella and I."

"I wouldn't go as far as saying I am not a dirty cop."

"Good point." She laughed and it made me laugh too.

"Listen, if you ever need anything I'm here. Uncle Hank."

"I think grandpa would fit better."

"Grandpa? Wow." I laughed and handed her the remaining of Archie's stuff.

"So, I'll see you around Grandpa."

"See you around, Kat."

"Oh wait. I got something for you."

"What?"

"A cat."

"Why a cat?"

"Because they aren't as hectic as dogs and you seem lonely."

"I don't need a cat."

"Bye, Grandpa." Said Kat as she handed me the cat.

"No. Kat. Don't leave me with this thing."

"Bye, Hank!" Shouted Jay as he drove off while laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 2.7K 38
When hank voights adopted daughter returns home to Chicago, her life seems to get better. But better is the enemy of good... -Chicago PD-
2.5K 117 15
*Co-Writer: @BrooklynDaniels32 * Sophia Hale spent her entire life surviving. Her father took off before she was born, her mom turned to pills to cop...
30.9K 447 20
Hello! Firstly I'm kind of still new to the writing side, I'm doing my best. Also, English is not my first language so if you see any mistakes let m...
408K 6.5K 31
What happens when Jay Halstead meets Hank Voight's adoptive daughter and ex-fiance of one of Chicago's most notorious Drug Dealers Disclaimer: I own...