Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black...

By X0starstruckgurlX0

"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is pla... More

Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black Love Story*
Family Reunion
Bella this...Bella that
Jealousy isn't pretty
Reminiscing
School?!
Pine or Ocean Breeze
The 'Other' Cullen
Carpe Diem, live for the present!
Regret
No! But Why?!
Lifting of the Dark Veil
Getting Along I See
The Wolves
Ch. 14: Devoted
15. Not a Date
CH. 16 Great Heights
Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True
ch. 18: My Boyfriend
19. Trust
ch. 20 Loyalties, Decisions, & Hostility
21. Secrets & Truths
ch.22 Knock, Knock! Who's There?
ch.23: Tall Tales
ch.24: Imprint
ch.25: Lost Then Found
ch. 26:Practice Makes Perfect
Ch.27:Interruption After Interruption
ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future
29. Graduation Day
ch.30 Loving Brother
Ch.31: Newborn 101
Ch.32: Monster I Can Become
Ch.33: Meetings and Greetings
ch. 34: Do You Love Me?
ch. 35: Good Morning? More Like Excellent!
Ch.36: Cold
Ch.37: Feeling Better?
ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye
Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions
ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride
Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy
chapter 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems
ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War
chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?
chapter 45: Happy Birthday
ch.46: Vamps Out of the Bag
Ch. 47: bleed it out
Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed
Ch. 49: Potatoes
Ch. 50 Thump
Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues
Chapter 52: Showered with Love
Chapter 53 - Happier than Ever
Chapter 54 - The Ivory Keys.
Chapter 55 - The Left Behind
Ch 56: Time
Chapter 58 - Well Fed
Chapter 59 - Misdirected
Chapter 60 - See You Later
Ch 61 - The Collector
Chapter 62 - The Witnesses
Chapter 63 - Shocking
Chapter 64 - Be Prepared
Chapter 65 - Together
Ch 66 Rising Tension
Chapter 67 - Prospect of War
Chapter 68 - Ex's and Woes
Something Blue - The End

Chapter 57 - Welcome

217 13 0
By X0starstruckgurlX0

A/N - Okay, buckle up y'all.... it's going to be a long one! Would love some feedback though!

Chapter 57 – Welcome

*Jacob's POV*

We had gotten to Emily's fairly quickly, everyone running around hectically trying to find out how to make themselves useful. If I wasn't equally panicked, I would have found it amusing, something out of a cartoon. There were three guys holding tubs of water, others holding towels, some holding scissors and paper for some reason, while some carried Neosporin and aspirin like if Vie just suffered a booboo. We were all caught off by a loud whistle.

"Boys! While I appreciate the help. Unless you got this girl pregnant or have any REAL medical experience, get out. Now!" Emily shouted when no one moved. Quickly, everyone besides Emily, Gen, Sam, Emily and myself left the room, all of us going to Violet who was laying down on a bed in one of the spare rooms.

"I'm here baby," I cooed to Violet, hold her outstretched hand. "Leah and Sue here yet?" I asked panicked, now by my imprint's side. I felt Violet squeeze my hand harder as she groaned.

"Jacob!" she cried out. "It hurts, bad!" she cried.

"Easy Violet, can you tell me what you're feeling?" I looked around, suddenly realizing no one here had a kid, so none of us had any experience.

"Jacob, look!" I heard Gen and saw her point to Violet's stomach under her clothes. We all visibly saw it move.

"Okay, I think I'll give you some privacy." Sam said, visibly green at the sight as he walked away, going to grab Emily to lead her away from the two vampire beings in the room. "We'll let you know when Sue gets here."

"How sure are we that she can do this naturally? Or should I say vaginally... because there is nothing natural about this." Asked Gen, the woman stiff as a board. Sam and I eyed her.

"We aren't sure about anything. You have any experience with births? Aren't you like ancient?" she scoffed at my comment.

"No, I am afraid I have never been a fan of little beasties, pardon." She looked out the window. "I am sorry, but I cannot take the smell anymore." she groaned. At first Sam and I tensed thinking she meant because of Emily and Violet. "You wolves smell repulsive, and the smell lingers. Pardon. Pardon!" she quickly transported herself outside. I could hear as the boys were spooked as she reappeared in front of them. "I will be within earshot!" she shouted from within the tree line. I managed to drown out the others complaining about her popping around the premises.

"Charming." Sam said, but we were distracted again when Violet groaned.

"Sweety, before you came over, how far along were your contractions? How are they feeling now? Are you sure your water broke?" She just nodded her head at Emily's questions. "Okay sweety, just wait a little more, okay? Have you tried calling her family?" I nodded.

"I felt a voicemail for Carlisle. If we knew where he was, we could try to get him here faster with her." I nodded towards the vamp that we could see from the window.

"Jacob.. I know it's better than nothing, but how sure are we that Sue can handle this?" Sam whispered and I just stared at him, already nervous as we

"Ugh... I know this is weird, but.... isn't Brody's mom a ...vet?" I glared at Paul who just picked his hands up. "Look man, I'm trying to help. Kid mentioned how his mom had him help with a C-section for a dog or something.... doesn't hurt to have more hands no?"

"Thank you, Paul, but, we can't risk Brody's mom either."

"We're here! We're here!" I heard Leah from downstairs, Sam and Emily immediately going over to them while I stayed by Violet's side. I kissed her sweaty forehead and she blinked up at me.

"I'm scared." I felt my eyes get misty as I pushed back the hairs that stuck to her forehead.

"I know, baby. But it'll be okay. I promise." I was partially convincing myself, but wanted to believe that things really would be okay. I wouldn't survive anything else, truthfully.

"Jacob, Violet, sweetheart, can you tell me what Carlisle has discussed with you?" Violet and I shared a look, nodding.

"He, he thought, or he hoped, I'd be able to do things naturally, but..." she strained to speak.

"But he was prepared in case she couldn't." I finished for her and Sue nodded.

"Billy had mentioned something you told him before, you said Violet was born naturally, but that your brother," she pointed to Vie, "his child wasn't, right?" we both nodded at her question.

"She was delivered via C-section." if you could call it that, I thought as Violet answered Sue.

"Okay, let's take a look and see how dilated you are, honey." I saw Sue shoot a look behind her to Sam who cleared his throat and walked away, hand held out to Emily. Sue looked to Emily and Emily nodded to her to go. "Emily, might be best to keep the amount of humans here to a minimum, can you call Leah up here? And tell Seth to go to the house and get my kit in the closet of my room? Sam, someone needs to go get Billy. The man damn near passed out when Leah showed up hauling me away." They both nodded at her directions before disappearing.

"Thank you, Sue." I heard my imprint say, I squeezed her hand before nodding to Sue as well.

"Yeah, thanks Sue."

"No problem, sweethearts. Now let's get these off." thankfully, Violet had on a dress, apparently made things easier. I saw Violet's face pinch in discomfort before relaxing somewhat and sighing.

"Well... they definitely want to come out." Sue sighed and we looked to her. "Okay, let me get a feel for where they are. This is going to feel uncomfortable, okay?" Again, I saw Vie's face contort as Sue prodded at her belly with her hands. After a while she stopped and Vie's face relaxed for a second before she groaned again, her hand tightening more so over my own for a second.

"Think you can do this, Sue?" I hesitated to ask.

"Am I qualified to help a vampire, shapeshifter baby? No." My face fell and I heard Violet whimper. "But I might be qualified to help two wonder twins come into the world." she smiled hopefully at us and I heard Violet sniffle. "Thankfully, one of them is in the right position from what I can feel. You're not fully dilated yet, though. We will wait some more and I'll check to regularly to see where we're at." She smiled at us both. "I'm going to see what Emily has that we might need. I'd advise walking a bit, honey. Jacob, don't leave her side." she pointed at me and I was quick to nod my head vigorously. I quickly helped her up slowly, going at her pace.

"I don't think," she stopped to suck in air through her teeth. "No, I know, that I haven't felt anything quite this painful. I wouldn't expect anymore kids after this, babe." she joked and I chuckled, kissing her cheek.

"I'll be happy with our family of four, no worries there, baby." she chuckled to and she began to walk.

"I'm scared for them, Jacob. I," she paused, looking fearful. "I can feel my powers spiraling. I can feel everyone's emotions, hear thoughts. It's all so... loud." I was worried at that. "I feel like a balloon filling up with air and I'm afraid I'm going to pop and hurt someone..." She stopped speaking, looking out the window.

"What's wrong?" I tried to see what she was looking at and could only spot the guys and her friend from afar. "She thinks it'd be good to keep Chloe nearby.... blood control." I scoffed.

"Yeah, the orange eyed, one. Great idea." I said sarcastically. "My girl, my kids, emily, Sue, blood. Awesome idea." I scoffed.

"She said she can hear you."

"Good!" I shouted out for her to hear. "Not going to happen." Violet looked down and I thought for a second I had offended her.

"She says she can help if I start to bleed too much. And Andres can stay close by to monitor Chloe while Gen goes to feed.... just in case she does need to instantly transport Carlisle." she looked up at me, then we both looked towards my phone as it rang. I went to pick it up.

"It's Edward." She says before I can confirm. I look at her when I see his name on the screen. "I just had a vision." I felt her bring her palms to her eyes, obviously tired. "What if I shock someone, jacob? What if I shock my babies?!" she cried.

"Babe, please, we need you calm. I trust you, we trust you. You got this." she whiped at her eyes and hissed as she gripped her belly, in pain. I finally answered the phone.

"Violette! Rosalie has been trying to call you! She said she got your voicemail. Carlisle hasn't answered out calls yet so they might still be on the plane! Are you sure they're coming? I'm in Alaska, we are going back to Forks now!"

"How fast can you get here?" I asked.

"Jacob? A couple of hours at best... if we could get a hold of Carlisle to see if he found Genavive...."

"She's here," I cut him off. "Her and her cover are here. We're on the reserv at Sam and Emily's house. Violet says her powers are acting up. She's scared to hurt someone. Sue says she might be able to help if Violet can deliver naturally. But Violet's afraid of accidentally shocking her. She's freaking out a little." I saw her glare at me for my comment for a second, before continuing her slow pacing as I watched over her movements.

"Genavive is there? Can she come... no... she's never been to Alaska. Damn it!" he realized. I was afraid of that. If the vamp hadn't physically been there before, she couldn't visualize where she was transporting to. "We're on our way back! The flight is only a couple hours! We'll have to hope for the best!" he said before hanging up.

"Well, he was no fucking help." I groaned to myself before stopping when I heard Violet groan again, stopping her pacing. "Another contraction?" she just nodded.

"I wish I could teleport them out!" she groaned out. I looked at her, wondering if that was a thing. "No, that's not a thing Jacob! Vampires don't exactly get pregnant to practice something like that!" she groaned, hand leaving her belly to reach for her head. "I hate Edward right now." she groaned and I realized it was probably everyone's thoughts muddling her own. "No, I hate you right now." My eyes widened as I went to her, trying to grab her hand.

"M-me?! B-baby, why?!" I was confused and worried.

"Well, I didn't exactly knock myself up!" she huffed. Not that I heard her complaining any of the times we fooled around. "I heard that!" she hissed at me. Oh right, crap. "Jacob.... ugh...." she groaned again, taking a hold of the dresser by her, I heard the wood creak. "Crap.... now everything wants to freakin' work!" She huffed.

That was us for the next three hours. Sue coming in every so often to check on Violet. Her pacing back and forth. We kept hoping Carlisle would call us back so we could send Frenchy out for him, but no luck. As a matter of fact, Frenchy had left to go feed in case she had to travel a far distance again to bring back the vampire doctor. Edward had called every 30 minutes that he could, with the exception of when he was on the place back here to Washington. The phone rang. Speaking of which.

"Jacob, ignore it." Violet told me, I looked at her confused. I saw her eyes widen. "G-get Sue... a-and Seth." I looked at her confused why she wouldn't want me to answer her brother and more importantly, why she would want me to call up Seth. Didn't exactly like the idea of him being around my girl when she wasn't wearing panties. She groaned. "Jacob, I just had a vision! They're coming NOW!" She groaned at the end and I heard the wood of the bed post snap from her hold this time. I was quick to run to her and hold it up as it began to fall, only to snap it all off myself and toss it aside. Shit, now we owe Sam and Emily a new bed frame. "Jacob!" she cried.

"R-right!" I quickly ran downstairs and found Seth looking at me wide-eyed he'd heard. Sue quickly grabbed her bag and signaled for us to grab the warm water set aside and came up after me.

"Okay, sweetheart, what did you see." She didn't answer Sue right away, her eyes scrunched tight.

"They're," she stopped to wince. "Strong. Like really strong." She hissed. "I think one's using my kidney as a punching bag right now." It explained why she looked a little yellow now. "Jacob... Gen was right, call Chloe." she breathed deeply. "I'm going to need her if I don't want to bleed out." I paled at that.

"Seth, Jacob you guys are going to have to get em out. I'll... I'll heal if I can get enough time... Chloe can get me time if Andres is there to help her." She stopped again to groan and I went to rub her back as I had the phone to my ear.

"H-hey! I need you and the orange eyed one here, Violet said she had a vision and she needs her help."

"Merde! D'accord! Chloe!!!!" I heard her shout on the other end.

"Andres." She groaned. I nodded to her.

"Oui! Andres! Chloe! Rapide! Allons-y!" I heard shouting from out the window. Frenchy had wasted no time and brought them outside by the trees. They were stopped by the boys outside.

"Ugh, guys!" I heard Jordan ask from outside.

"It's okay, we are friends, yes?!" I heard Frenchy say.

"Let them through!" I shouted from my place.

"It's okay..." I heard a new accent say. "Jacob, we can work from out here. It might be easier on my mate. Are you fine, mi amor?" I saw her nod her head to him and turned to my girl.

"Now what baby." I saw her flinch and groan again.

"Now, I'm going to lay down... and..." she winced, turning to Sue. "C-can you guide Jake and Seth?" Sue's eye's widened.

"You want my son to help you deliver your children?" She looked to Seth who honestly looked like he was going to pass out any second.

"I trust you, Seth." Violet said, nodding her head to him. I saw some tension leave his shoulders, but he was clearly still freaked out.

"I-I can help." that wasn't very reassuring. I saw my girl nod to him and I helped her lay down. I didn't like the fact that this kid was about to get close and personal with my girl and I was trying really hard not to lash out at him. I know it was for her own good, but I couldn't help the wary jealousy.

"Sue, can you guide Jacob and he can pass the baby to Seth?" She tried to smile at me as she continued. "You can stand on this side of me Seth, the waters right there with the towels." She pointed to the drawer by where she laid her head. I smiled at her, knowing she had to have read my mind. "This way, I don't scar you for life.... more so." She tried to joke and Sue chuckled.

"No better birth control than a traumatic birthing experience, I suppose." she gave Seth a look. "Seeing as it's too late for you two." I chuckled and Violet did her best to laugh. She stopped and groaned again. I saw Seth go to hold her hand and she squeezed, he flinched as a result and I couldn't help but smirk.

"Has a hell of a grip, huh?" He tried to hide the fact that it hurt, but nodded, nonetheless.

"Okay, sweetheart. Looks like your vision is coming to fruition. These kids are coming now. Jacob, come here." I could hear her instructing me on what to do, but I swear I went deaf as soon as she put me right by her parted legs. I could understand what she was telling me to do, but I couldn't hear a thing, just a ringing in my ears as I did as I was told. I could see her face scrunching up as she pushed, tears and sweat rolling down her face, but her screams were silent to my ears.

I recognized what Sue told me to do, taking the blanket and clamp she handed me as I saw my first kid make its way through. All of this felt like a dream. I felt like I was having an out of body experience, watching myself do what I was told to help deliver my kid. I saw Violet have a moment of relief as I felt the kid in my arms squirm; Seth ready with a blanket, took the baby from my hands so I could cut the cord. I could see his and Violet's lips moving, but didn't catch a word. I looked at my imprint and saw her focus on the baby in Seth's arms, Sue over his shoulder as she instructed him on what to do. I shook my head, trying to rid myself of this feeling or lack thereof.

I don't know for how long I spaced out, but I looked over at Seth watching him bundle the baby and hold it. I wanted to go check on the baby myself, but Sue was already patting my shoulder and went back to instructing me. One more to go, I realized. I saw Violet nod to me. God did she look so exhausted. This wasn't how I pictured us having our first kid. With me over here and her looking so lonely despite how close I was. I saw her face scrunch up again and felt Sue tapping my shoulder blade to get me to focus. Looking down, I saw another tuft of black hair.

This time around, Sue snatched the clamp and tools from me and handed me the soft towel. I think she told me to mind the head, so I did. Soon the baby was out and the second I saw their little mouth open to scream, it was like someone hit unmute on me. The tiny wails pierced my ears as I stared down at the baby in my arms. It was a little girl. So, this was baby Aria. That meant, Seth had baby Logan. I smiled to myself, cooing at my baby girl. Sue told me to get her cleaned up as she showed me how. I saw Seth showing off Logan to Vie and smiled at my little boy in his arms.

"Watch her head, Jake. Okay, there too, now mind her belly button. Yes, take that. Mhm." she pointed at what I had to do.

"Ow... she wasn't kidding. Whatever you do, don't give them your finger to hold. I ... I'm pretty sure your son just broke my finger." Seth shook his right hand and showed his mom who stepped to look. Sure enough, the finger was looking swollen and purple at the joint. Sue, wide eyed, went to make him a temporary splint as he went down with my kid in tow.

"S-seth!" I tried to call back to him, to bring my boy back, but sighed. He'd be back. "Hey baby, meet our little girl." I cooed at my little princess before looking back at my imprint. "Babe?" I called to her. She looked pale, eyes unfocused. "Babe!" I shouted loudly, causing the baby in my arms to wail loudly. "Sue! Sue!" I freaked out, going to take my hand to her forehead noticing a layer of cold sweat. I went to go look; she was bleeding heavily. "Fuck!" I suddenly remembered what she said, the blood chick!" I went to the window, spotting a bunch of faces looking up at me.

"So?! What is it?!" someone called up, most of the faces smiling, some eyeing the three vampires below. I scanned for them, spotting the orange eyed one.

"H-hey! I-I need your help! She's bleeding out!" I panicked. I saw everyone's face fall, frantic for a second. Frenchy was quick to take hold of both the vampires she brought with her, and teleporting into the room.

"She could be hemorrhaging, mi amor, cres que puedas?" I heard the man ask his mate something. She remained stiff as a board, it was obvious she wasn't breathing. I saw the man release her, small sparks jumping off his skin. He eyed me. "A precaution." he reassured me, not that it did. I saw the vamp's eyes go solid black and I freaked. "A moment, boy! It's a side effect of her ability.

"Get someone up here, fast." she forced out tensely. "I've stopped the bleeding, but it's hard to focus on not going manic and helping her," she grit out.

"Sue!" Sue finally came running up, gasping at the site of the two vampires in the room. "They're stopping her from bleeding out, please Sue!"

"Jacob! T-this isn't something I'm prepared for." I could see the fear in her eyes and I swear it pierced into my heart. This couldn't be happening.

"Yes, yes okay! I'll be there. It'll be faster to transport just you!" I turned to spot Frenchy on the phone. She didn't explain just disappeared.

"Where did she go?!" I asked freaked out

"I-I'm afraid I was focusing on Chloe, you see."

"A little busy here, guys. Please don't distract me." I looked at the stiff vampire who had her hands outstretched over my imprint, who was currently looking like she's on the verge of passing out. I caressed Violet's cheek, turning to look at my sleeping daughter for a second before going back to my imprint.

"Baby, baby, tell me what to do here, Violet. Please. Baby..." She just mumbled back to me, nothing really coherent. "Vie... come on, I need you to pull through baby. For me, for our twins. Logan, Aria, they both need their momma." I felt the tears going down my face as I grabbed a rag.

"Jacob, I-I can take her for now." I turned and it was Leah. "M-my mom sent me up here to grab her. I'll take care of her so you can focus on Violet" I was hesitant, but she tried to encourage me. "I promise, I won't let anything happen to either of your kids...and I'll make sure no one's stupid enough to put any extremities in their tiny hands." She tried to joke, and I would have laughed if I wasn't so out of my mind with worry. Despite that, I knew I'd be more useful if I didn't have her in my arms. With that, I slowly handed my daughter over to her and she disappeared downstairs.

I went to Sue and asked her what I could do, what it could be that was wrong with her. She said she didn't know enough about Violet's physiology to be of much use. Instead, I asked her what would normally be done if this was a normal human. She directed me on what to check for, but it yielded no useful information.

"Guys... I'm starting to struggle here." I heard the orange eyed vampire mutter. I saw the Spanish guy go up to her. "No, my control is okay.... it's taking a lot out of me to keep her from fading." she struggled to speak.

"We're here! We're here!" I looked up quickly at the sound of Frenchy, hoping she managed to bring back the Doc. It was a no go. Instead, I saw Edward.

"Violet, the children?" He asked freaked out.

"They're out! How do we stop the bleeding?!" I grit out, now holding onto my fiance, propping her up when I noticed her getting especially pale.

"We brought some things from home. I'm going to help her, Jacob." He stared into my eyes and I nodded to him. "Chloe, please just hold on for a little longer." She didn't speak or move her eyes away from my imprint's face, just nodded her head, teeth gnarling into one another. I didn't question him, just overlooked as he pulled out more tools from a leather bag as well as an IV drip. "Do you think you can get this into her?" He turned to Sue, extending out to her the materials. She quickly nodded her head and took them from him and proceeded to insert the needle into her left arm.

"It's okay, baby. They're going to make you better." I whispered to her, bending forward to kiss her temple.

"Jacob..." I managed to pick-up from her whispered mumbling.

"I know, I know baby." I kept soothing her head, trying to do my best at comforting her and letting her know that I was here for her. "We need you better so you can hold our babies and then we can finally all be together, okay?" I kept peppering her with kisses in my desperate worry. I kept trying to reassure her, partially reassuring myself as I watched Edawrd work on her, asking Sue now and again for a certain tool.

"Okay, Chloe. Thank you." I saw her visibly go slack against her mate. "Sue, there's also a bag of blood, please can you get it and hook it up to her as well?" Sue got to work immediately. I saw her hook it up before Edward stood.

"I can help clean her off. Preserve the poor things modesty. I'm sure she's not too ecstatic over her brother seeing her bits." Violet groaned and lifted her hand in a thumbs down before dropping her hand back down; we took that as her agreeing and we all chuckled in relief. I smiled to her going back to kissing her over and over again and mumbling quiet 'I Love Yous'.

"Get some rest, baby. The twins are safe." I whispered to her and watched as, slowly, her breathing evened out.

"Out... please...." I turned to look at the silvery blonde vampire as she gripped onto her lover's arm.

"Thank you." I told her. Staring into her own tired eyes. She did her best to smile, but did so and nodded to me.

"Come, mon cheri. Andres." I saw Gen place a hand on their shoulder and disappear out of the room.

"Fuck man! Can they NOT do that?" I heard someone shout from outside, suddenly mindful that the others from the pack could hear everything that was going on up here.

"Let me see, let me see! I want to hold the super babies!" I caught someone else shout from outside.

"We should hold off on letting humans hold 'em for now until the doc or the parents give the go ahead."

"We're not dumb enough to stick out fingers in their hands or their mouths, ya know!" That was definitely my sister.

"Yeah, Leah's holding her! I just want to hold one of them! Seth you've hogged up the time!"

"Ugh, Sam?"

"Emily, sweetheart, maybe wait a bit, please." I heard Edward laugh.

"Everyone's dying to see them...." I gave a small smile, nodding. "Has she?" he nodded to my sister and I shook my head ' no.' "We left a clan and my family back at the airport... they'll run the rest of the way to Forks. Shouldn't be long before I have a bunch of people asking to see them." I laughed some more.

"I'm sure Bella was pissed being left behind?" He laughed.

"You have no idea." Oh, I could definitely picture it. He laughed, most likely having heard my thoughts. "For second... I could almost forget the impending danger." he sighed. That's right. We were preparing for war. My kids were being born in a time of calamity and war. Fuck. "I really am sorry, Jacob." I just nodded my head at them. "We can check on the kids whenever you two are ready to bring them back to the house. We will wait until you are ready."

"And the vamps you brought?" I asked, causing him to sigh.

"The Denali clan are old, very old friends of ours. They adore Violette. They have... questions for her and are a little hurt that we never told them about my sister. Curious mostly at how much Renesmee and Violette differ."

"And where do my kids play in this?"

"That's up to you both. We won't mention anything. I was well prepared to leave that up to my sister before she had them.... I'll leave it up to you two to decide. Just know... the clan I brought with me? They can be trusted." I nodded to him. "Do let me know though, so I know what to tell them. Bella's probably going out of her mind keeping this in. Nessie doesn't know why I had to leave ahead of them. Neither do the others."

"Thanks." he nodded.

"I'm just glad I made it in time for her. You could have answered the first time, you know." I felt my face grow hot.

"Your sister made me end the call...." he laughed.

"Bossy, I know. Just remember, you chose her."

"Well... sort of?" he gave me a look and I laughed. "Yeah, yeah I chose her."

"Well, I'll head off back home. Again, call me. Or have her call me and let me know. As you know... we still have a lot to prepare for." I nodded stoically.

"I will. We'll discuss it once she gets her strength back."

"Let me know if you need me to bring her another bag." He motioned to the blood bag and gave me a look. Right. She might need to feed too. One thing for the animal blood, but I don't think neither she nor I could get comfortable around the thought of that being human blood. "She may need the boost, Jacob." I just sighed.

"Yeah, I know." After a minute, I just shook my head. "Thanks again." he nodded and grabbed his things. Soon he was out. I took this time to lean back against the headboard, sighing, but still running my fingers through my girl's hair. Just thinking about the close call we had. I gingerly, tried to lay down a little more, while being mindful of my resting mate. She just sighed in her sleep and I kissed the crown of her head before closing my eyes to try and organize my thoughts.

"Hand her to me!"

"No, to me! Quil, you have the boy!"

"Seth, you got to hold the boy the whole time, let someone else hold the girl!"

"No, I want to see who she looks like!" I was between being moved at their eagerness to see my kids and annoyed that they were spending time with them instead of me.

"She's so cute!! Can I see those pretty eyes of your again, baby?" I chuckled at their banter when I recognized my squealing sister. "Look dad, watch, watch! Paul, lower her a little so he can see. Come on sweet girl, show grandpa your pretty eyes." she cooed.

"Why I'll be, they're a pretty grey color! You're going to be a stunner just like your momma, aren't you! Welcome to the Black family, little one!"

"Babe, I want one!"

"Oh my god, Kim! Me too!"

"Oh hell no, woman, don't you start!" I heard Jared groan followed by a round of laughter.

"Okay, okay, Paul trade with Quil so dad can see baby boy!"

"No, no! Sam! Get her, I want to see too!" Emily gushed. "Aww Seth!" I just chuckled. Enjoying their banter.

"Seth?"

"Yo buddy, you okay?"

"Seth, little brother, you fine?"

"Dude, what the hell!"

"Someone grab the baby, in case he drops her!" I stiffened at that. I tried to find the best way to get out of the spot I put myself in to go down and take my kids back from these idiots.

"Oh shit... oh shit I recognize that look." I stopped; silence followed.

"Ooooo.... Jacob's gonna kill him for sure, now!" What the fuck was going on down there?! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

595K 19.8K 64
rev·e·nant /ˈrevəˌnäN,-nənt/ noun noun: revenant; plural noun: revenants a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead. Where a...
903K 17.7K 63
ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴄʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ, ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ----- "Calm down Firestarter." "What? Gasoline isn't that dangerous." Lucinda Hill is the be...
627K 30.7K 26
"𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧" you say 𝗉𝗈𝗄ing 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝖼𝖾 "𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗲" "𝗶 𝗱𝗼?"...
811K 21.7K 112
ᴬ ᶜᵒᵛᵉⁿ ᵒᶠ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵛᵉᵍᵉᵗᵃʳⁱᵃⁿ ᵛᵃᵐᵖⁱʳᵉˢ ᶜᵒˡˡⁱᵈᵉˢ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜˡᵘᵐˢʸ, ˢᵗᵘᵇᵇᵒʳⁿ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ⁻ᵖʳᵒⁿᵉ ʰᵘᵐᵃⁿ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍᵒ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ? ᴼⁿˡʸ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ...