The Dragon Witch (The Owl Hou...

By WordsByNico

Y/N Najera always was an outsider. He was obsessed with fantasy, writing and especially videogames and he had... More

Bio.
Welcome to the boiling Isles
Prison Riot and Important Decisions
There's Work To Be Done
A Fake Quest
A Weird Dream
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #1
Abominations seem fun
Well, that was a mistake.
Boiling Storm
What the curse?!
Co(n)vention?
You did what now?
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #2
Getting a House to move.
Demon Hunters are annoying
"What am I?"
Let's go to the library!
Nightly Bonding Over Danger
The Owl House Shorts#3: The Last Apple Blood
A Completely Normal Day
Yn's totally fun day
Helping Out A Friend
Lies and Detention
Let's go watch some Sports!
The Bat Queen's Trials
A short hang out with the Blights
A conversation with Nhil
A book fair!
King the Author
Luz needs a new spell.
New Spells
The Common Mold Is No Joke.
New Life, New School
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes#3
Getting Luz Out of Detention...Again.
Being shrunk sucks
Burning Memories
Memory Deepdiving
It's time for prom!
School Dance of Horrors
It's Sports Season!
Oh, wow. Sports.
A field trip to the Emperor
Things just got worse
We need to get them back
The Emperor
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #4
Getting used to the new Life
Selkidomus and a new acquaintance
We're getting expelled?!
We're getting back into school.
Let's learn something about the past.
New informations
Sparring Match
Meeting Momma Clawthorne
Two Cursed Beasts
Let's Go to the library!...The second.
Ruins and Diaries
Nightly Training
Palisman Adoption Day
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #5
Allies for a moment
Almost Alone Day
Meeting an Old Friend
Owl Mama adopts weird demon
Hooty's helping out
New Relationships
Luz is sick, let's get some Titan's Blood
My First QnA! So ask away, my friends!
The Lake is a Lie
QnA Answers!
Two Dragons
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #6
Getting Back Home...Well kinda
Helping Out some new Friends
Coven Parade!
A Failed Plan
you know what time it is? A little QnA!
QnA Answers the Second!
His own little Training Arc
Time Travel is real!
Dragons and Betrayal
Owl Mama's Advice
A step into the right direction
New Friends
How to wake him up
The Ashen Hollow
Little Questions for y'all
Authors Note - About the state of my Stories
You know what time it is? QNA! QNA!
You know what time it is? QNA! QNA! (answers)
Facts about the Characters

A Carnival

1.9K 62 31
By WordsByNico

Really Small Problems Pt1.

◈◈◈

Groaning Yn made his way down the stairs. He once again had a migraine. These always occured after his dragon side started to show. Only this time they were harder then usually. But he decided to ignore them. They probably get better once he had his cup of Apple Blood and woke up properly. It normally was that way; Dragon side showed, He had a migraine for some days and then they disappeared after a Cup of Apple Blood. Well, it probably didn't have anything to do with eachother though.

When he went into the kitchen, He found Eda stirring something on the stove, while King watched Luz talking to Willow and Gus on a Crystal ball. Yn went to the fridge and grabbed a juice pack off Apple Blood, which he quickly began to drink before stepping next to Luz.

"Hey, Guys." He said with a slight wave, while sipping on his Apple Blood.

"Hey Yn!" Willow said cheerfully and waved Back.

"Hey, dude!" Gus said waving Back at him.

"Either way! They said I couldn't remove my thumb, but look at that." Luz smirked as she did the basic 'magic' trick of pretending to take her thumb off. "Whoop!"

Gus gasped and looked at Luz with a panicked expression. "You sliced it off! You sliced your own thumb off!"

Yn rolled his eyes and chuckled. "And they say humans can't do magic."

"You make doing homework actually fun." Willow chuckled.

"Luz.." King started as he climbed onto table with Nyeh, "you've been talking to them all morning. Don't forget about the Luz, YN and King comedy hour!"

Yn giggled evily as Eda groansed "Please, no. Not the comedy hour.."

"This week I've been working with props!" King turned around to show a cardboard tube on his nose. "Oh dear, I've gotten a tube stuck on my nose! Willl ever eat again?" He asked dramatically.before slamming a piece of bread on his face.

"Looks like you're toast!" Yn punned as he, Luz, and King laughed.

"It just goes on like this for an hour!" Eda deadpanned at the three with disappointment.

"Heyo, dough boy, quit Loafing around!" Luz quipped.

"Why don't you Bake me?" King retorts.

"These puns will never get mold." Yn punned again as the three laughed.

Eda looked at them with a face of disgust. "I have failed you as a teacher..."

"Naaaw, don't be like that Eda" Yn said with a smirk as He threw away His empty juice pack. "You know you love us."

Eda snorted. "Yeah, dream on, kid."

The moment was interrupted, when the crystal ball buzzed with an alarm and flashed red. The time, 8:00, flashed below Willow and Gus.

Yn sighed while Luz got all enthusiastic. "School time! See you in class!" She said, waving.

"Bye!" Willow said, waving back.

"But what about the thumb?!" Gus frantically asked before Luz ended the call.

King sighed disappointedly, sad that his time with the two humans was cut short.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll finish our comedy hour when we get home," Yn said renasuringly before kissing King's skull and the two headed towards the door.

King giggled, "oh you!"

"Try not to miss us while we're gone!" Luz said in a singsong voice before closing the door behind
them.

King quickly scrambled over to the door, "you...you really think they'll coming back this time?"

Eda sighed, "yes, they'll be back; they always comes back. It's cute you miss them, though." King turned towards Eda with an offended expression,

"The King of Demons--" He started
before tossing the bread and tube off. "The King of Demons misses nobody! I wouldn't care if they came through this door right now! Wha!"

Just then, Luz and Yn came back through the door.

Eda looked at them in shock and confusion. "Hey, you're ba-"

"You're Back!" King happily exclaimed and climbed onto Luz' head. "I didn't miss you at all."

"Apparently there's a pixie infestation at Hexside. So schools cancelled." Yn explained with a shrug.

Luz and King laughed while Yn looked at King with a raised eyebrow.

Hooty opened the door to look at the four, "Hey! Guess what's been in my mouth that l'm about to throw up!" Hooty then proceeded to gag for several long moments. Everyone stared at him in disgust.

Yn put a hand over his mouth. "Oh God. I think I'm gonna throw Up..."

The annoying bird tube finally threw up letters and a box. "The mail!"

Eda picked all of them Up to through the letters, "Junk, junk, death hex." She tossed the death hex letter into a
trashcan, which condensed into a dark purple ball before disappearing entirely.

"Alright. That happened." Yn deadpanned, looking at the trashcan.

"Oh, a carnival's in town today!"

"A carnival?" Luz asked excidingly and took King off her head, "You know, Yn and I have been so busy with school lately, what do you say we take this comedy hour on tour? It'll be a Luz and King day!"

King looked at the two humans with clear happiness, "That's my kinda day!"

Luz put an arm around Eda, "Let's all four of us!"

Yn chuckled slightly at this.

Hooty gasped "An adventure with friends! 'll go pack my stuff!"

"....Imma ditch before he comes Back." Yn said before quickly running out of the house.

"Carnivals bring crowds and crowds bring suckers. This could be the perfect chance to try out my new get-witch-quick scheme," Eda smiled as she took her staff out of pot, before knocking goop off of Owlbert. "I'm in! To the carnival!"

"To the carnival!" Luz and King saif excidingly as they all quickly followed Yn left.

"Good news, I'm bringing my knapsack full of games! Hello?" Hooty looked around when he noticed a fly buzzing near him.

"Oh, a fly! Talk to me, talk to me!"

◈◈◈

The four arrived at the Bonesborough Carnival and looked around in awe.

"Well, here we are, kids. Look at all that fresh meat," Eda pointed as flies buzzed around a fried chicken on a stick.

"And smell all the fresh meat!" Luz then sniffed and a fly went up her nose. She coughed it out her mouth making Yn shudders beside her, "Fun!"

"Jeez, Luz..." He muttered...

Owlbert hoots and starts to twist off the staff. But Eda quickly caught him, "No games for you, Owlbert, we've got scams to run." Owlbert let out a sad hoot.

"Friends!" A small pig like demon, known as Tibbles, landed in front of them. "Welcome!"

Everyone jumps into defensive poses.

Tibbles seemed unaffected by the defensive stance, "I see you got my postcard."

Eda glared at the midget, "Tibbles? You sent this?" She looked on the back of the flier. It read: "To my Owl House Pals, From Tibbles" and had a picture of Tibbles dancing when Eda tilted it.

She lowered it and Tibbles was doing the same dance, "Mm-hmm."

"Aren't you mad at us for Like...destroying your stand?" Yn asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Ooh, and destroying his life! That was the best part!" King added.

Tibbles shook his head, "No, no, no. I should thank you."

"You should?" Yn tilted his head, a clear look of confusion on his face.

Tibbles nodded. "After my stand was destroyed, I reevaluated my life and found my true calling! I'm now ringmaster of." He paused as he snapped a whip, "Tibbles's Tent of Tiny Terrors!"

Luz approached a terrarium containing tiny unicorns, a tiny manticore, and a tiny griffin. "Aww. It's like a regular circus but adorably small!"

The griffin hissed at Luz.

Luz then pressed her face to the glass, "You're my friends now."

"I don't buy it," Eda said as she sent away her staff. "What kind of con are
you running?"

"No cons here, Owl Lady, only pros. In fact, why don't we toast our newfound friendship with this totally innocent bottle of water." Tibbles said as he pulled out a potion.

Eda tool the potion, "Oh yeah, sure! Why don't I just-" Eda then threw the bottle away.

The potion lands on an Oracle Teacher's head and knocks them on their back. " I'm okay!"

"I know poison when I see it; you can't scam a scammer! Now speaking of scams..." Eda walked up to a stand, "Beat it loser!" She yells as she knocked the vendor's stuff to the ground. "Step right up to... Eda's Human Horror House! Humans shed their skin and 've got proof." Eda then pulled out fishnet stockings.

"You should really put a lock on your closet," King said to Luz and Yn.

"You know what, Eda can pick through my socks all she wants" Luz says dismissively. "Because today is all about having a great time with my partners in crime."

King and Yn smiled at Luz, "That's us! I love crime!"

The three laughed as they walked off.

"Hey Yn! Wait Up!" Eda yelled after them.

Confused he turned around and walked over to her. "What is it?"

She leaned down to him and wearily looked around. "Listen, Kid. You have to be extra careful today. I noticed a big increase in your wanted posters." She gestured to a wall full of her and Yns wanted posters. "And since this is a huge gathering of people, I'm guessing there will be a lot of guards. So don't let yourself get caught alright?"

Yn nodded softly. "I understood." He then quickly ran after Luz and King.

Tibbles looks at them with a grim expression, "Have a good time, friends. While it lasts."

◈◈◈

At a dunk tank, an Abomination Student called out, "Dunk the skeleton! Win a prize!" A ball hit the target, dumping the skeleton into a
cauldron labelled SKIN. The skeleton popped out now covered in skin. "Ah! Aah! l'm covered in pores!"

"Now this is my kind of weird!" Luz says as she witnessed the dunked skeleton. "So what do you guys wanna do first? We could brave the molar Coaster, or eat a mysterious blob..."

"Ooh, what's that?" King asked and runs up to prize booth to see pieces of a friendship bracelet. "Ah! Some kind of deadly string weapon."

Yn chuckled, "No, silly. That's a friendship bracelet."

King tilted his head, "is that a type of deadly weapon?"

"A weapon of love," Luz says as she grabs them and puts them together, forming a heart. "It's basically a declaration to the whole world that you're the best of friends."

While Luz and King talked about the friendship bracelet, Yn heard someone call out his name.

Confused he turned around to see a pair of familiar green haired witches walked towards him.

"Oh, Ed, Em." He said as he walked up to them. When they stopped Em and Yn gave eachother a hug, while Ed an Yn gave eachother a fist bump. "What are you two doing here?"

"Are you kidding me?" Edric asked with a chuckle. "It's a carnival. The personification of a fun time. Of course we'll be here."

Emira nodded agreement. "We even asked Mittens if she wanted to come. But she'd rather use her free day to study."

"Yup, sounds like Ames." Yn said and the three shared a chuckle.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" Emira asked, putting her hands behind her back while her twin crossed his arms.

"Oh yeah I am here with Luz and Ki-" He turned around only to see that Luz and King already went on. "Aaaaand they're gone. Welp." He turned Back to Edric and Emira. "I'm alone now."

"Then why don't you hang out with us?" Edric asked.

"Yeah, just a fun day at the carnival." Emira nodded and Yn shrugged.

"Eh, why not." He said with a nod.

"Alright!" Emira grabbed his hand. "Let's go then!"

Yn rolled his eyes as he and the twins began to walk around the carnival.

◈◈◈

Luz and King walked around the carnival, pumping their fists into the air. "Games! Games! Games! Games!"

But Luz quickly stopped fand gasped when she spotted teo familiar witches. "Friends!"

Willow and Gus waved at her. "Luz!"

Luz ran up to them and they hugged. "Oh my gosh, I didn't think I'd see carniv-y'all here!"

Gus booed at Luz' pun.

"I got an invitation from Tibbles" Willow explained.

"We figured it's a trap since we squashed his stand with a walking house," Gus shrugs at the obvious point of being brought here.

Willow, even knowing the fact, was excited. "But who cares? This place has a Scarris wheel."

Gus smiles, matching Willow's excitement, "It's like a human Ferris wheel but it gives you long- lasting nightmares."

"Yes! This mama is ready for trauma," Luz said with curbed enthusiasm.

King cleared his throat, gaining the attention from his friends.

"Oh, yeah," Luz said as she remembered her original plan. "We're on a very important quest to win a special prize for King"

"Oh! We can help with that," Willow said happily.

Gus awed, "does the little guy wanna win a prize? Uh, does he? Uh, does he?" He cooed and waved his finger at King.

King smacks Gus's finger away, "Nyeh!"

"What do you think, King? The more the merrier, huh?" Luz asked as she peers down at the small demon.

King was a bit hesitant, but complied, "Um, sure. Whatever you want, Luz."

Luz pumps her fist into the air, "All right. Approval!"

Willow, Luz, and Gus cheered.

"Oh by the way... Where's Yn? It's still weird not seeing you together." Willow said, looking around with slight confusion in her eyes.

Luz tilted her head. "What do you mean? He's right-" She turned around only to see, that he wasn't there anymore. "Oh." She blinked for a few Moments. "Guess he's gone."

◈◈◈

Yn and the twins walked the around the carnival, each with a drink in hands. Yn couldn't tell what it was, even if he tried.

"Alright. What are we doing first?" Emira asked after taking a sip from her drink.

"How about we play a prank on someone?" Edric suggested.

"Nah, we're doing this literally every time we hang out. It's getting boring to be honest." Yn shrugged as he took a sip from his drink. Even though he couldn't tell what exactly it was, it still tastes good. That's the case with almost everything here.

Edric let out an offended gasp. "Pranks, boring? How could you say something like that?!"

Emira giggled while Yn just continued to walk with a smug smirk on his face.

The trio walked past a skee-ball stand but instead of the normal wholes, there were several monster mouths with the point Numbers sprayed on them. Yn walked up to it with a smile. "How about we just play some games?"

"Oh, great idea." Emira agreed as she and Edric walked up to him.

With a smiled Yn turned around to face the owner. "How much for a Game?"

"100 snails." The owner answered in deadpan tone, which made Yn choke on air.

"What? 100 snails for rolling some Balls?!"

"Calm down, kid. It was a joke. It costs 10 snails per Game."

Yn let out a relieved sighed and payed the ten snails. The owner passed hin a small basket full of balls. He took one and smirked at the Twins.

"Now look how it's done." And then he rolled the ball and hit it directly in the 50 Points hole. And that's what he did with all the balls.

Edric and Emira stood there with open mouths, while the Owner looked at the boy in shock as He leaned forward with a smirk.

"I'd like my prize now."

The owner glared at him. "What do you want?"

Yn thought for a second and then pointed at a faeri Dragon plush. It was rather small - not bigger than a small kitten - and had a mostly blue color, while it's wings had different shades of purple. The owner gave it to him and smiling he turned around to Ed and Em.

"Do you guys want to try too?"

"Of course we do." The twins said in unison.

◈◈◈

The next hour just consisted of Yn and the twins having fun.

Yn showed his skills at the crossbow Shooting, while Edric showed his incredible dumb-luck at games Like duck pond. This made Yn feel weird, since it wasn't rubber ducks like in the human realm, but real duck-like demon's, that swam around in circles and had the prize written on their stomachs.

At one of the games Emira won a plush Griffin which she named Puddles, which made Yn kinda suspicious of her, because that was the name of Vineys pet griffin. But Emira claimed it was just a coincidence, which Yn didn't fully believe, but he accepted it....for now.

Currently the trio was standing in line for a giant rollercoaster, that had several impossible looking loops. Yn didn't want to go there, but the twins forced him to.

"I still don't like this..." Yn muttered. His stomach already squirmed around by just looking at the rollercoaster.

"Aw, come on now. Don't chicken out." Edric said with a smirk.

"It will be fun. Look, we can get in" Emira said and the three went on to sit down. Much to Yn's dismay, the only free seats were two in the Front and one in the Second row... And Emira took this seat, forcing Yn to sit in the front next to Edric.

"Keep your hands in the ride. Or don't. I don't care."

And soon the ride started to move, making Yns stomach rumble.

'You'll survive this. You'll survive this. You'll survive this.' Yn repeatedly said to himself in his thoughts.

Soon the ride made it to the top and after a few seconds of not moving it went down and everyone began to scream.

Once they got out of the ride, Yn immediatly ran over to the nearest trash can and threw up into it.

Edric was still laughing from the ride, while Emira walked over to Yn with a sympathetic smile and began to rub his back.

"Are you okay?"

Yn looked up for a second, but before he could say anything, he vomited into the trashcan again.

After a few moments Yn lifted his head again and groaned weakly. "Well... That was something."

Emira sighed. "Let's get something to eat and to drink. You'll need it after throwing up so much."

Yn just groaned in agreement and the three began to walk away from the ride.

Unbeknownst to them a guard stood nearby and watched them. He raised a crow to his face. "I found our target."

◈◈◈

Luz, Willow and Gus were leaning against a stand.

"So the Pixie infastation was actually caused when Boshas pet Pixie escaped it's Cage." Willow explained 

Luz hummed as she listened to the Story. "mh-hmm, mh-hmm"

King jumped with a dart in his paw, trying to actually play the game they're standing at. After some time he finally managed to latch onto the edge of the stand, but quickly fell back onto the ground.

He grunted with a glare. "Curse These stubby legs!"

Willow, Luz and Gus began to laugh at this, making King look sadly.

He began to walk away, without the other three noticing.

◈◈◈

King aimlessly walked around for a few minutes before sitting down on a in the stoop of a narrow booth, next to a poster that read CARNIVAL with Friends, with a drawing of three witches on it.

King looked at it with a sigh before looking back at the ground until a voice called out from behind him.

"Oh my, my, my. You seem troubled"

King looked around in confusion. "Weh? Who said that?"

Tibbles, wearing a really bad disguise, appeared next to King. "It is I. Obvioso, the allseeing psychic."

King looked at him with a suspicious look on his face, squinting his eyes a little. "Haven't I seen you somewhere? It's almost so..."

"Obvious?" Tibbles asked with a smirk on his face, making King gasp.

"That's what I was gonna say. Wow! You really are a psychic." King said with shining eyes.

Tibbles chuckled "You're right! And Obvioso can see that something is bothering you."  He said, still evily smirking.

King gave a defeated sigh, "You got my number, Obvioso. Today was supposed to be about me and Luz, see? But now she's distracted by her cool new school friends."

"What if I were to tell you that there was a way to make all those problems... disappear?" Tibbles said ominously.

"I'd say that sounds illegal," King hummee. "I would also say go on."

With that response, Tibbles ducked into a booth and laughed. He grabbed potion bottle with spray nozzle. "Behold!"

Tibbles sprayed a nearby creature on a perch with the potion. It disappearrd in a flash of pink light.

King gasped at the display, "Holy bones! You poofed it. Call the cops This guy's crazy!"

Tibbles chuckled, "Hey. The spray is only temporary. I just give my cheeks a tap and then..." He tapped his cheeks twice. The creature
reappears, visibly terrified, "It returns safe and sound."

The creature squawks and lays an egg. The egg cracks and a baby creature catched before chirping.

"Take this," Tibbled said as he handed King the bottle. Enjoy the carnival without the problems. Luz, Willow, and Gus will be none the wiser."

"Whoa! You even know their names. Guess there's no use arguing with a fortune-teller. Thanks, Obvioso!" King said happily as he jumped from the bench and began to walk away.

Tibbles took of his fake mustache as laughed evily, but stopped when King returned.

"Hey." The small demon said as Tibbles held his mustache back up to his face. "Sidenote; In the future, do I ever find love?" King asked as Tibbles just looked at him.

Tibbles blinked for a few seconds "Uh...yes?" The pig demon carefully replied.

King giggled happily as he walked away again, making Tibbles sigh.

◈◈◈

King walked around, looking at the bottle in his paws. "Hm...maybe I should think about this first..."

"King!" A voice called out from behind him. He quickly shoved the bottle into his fanny bag.

Luz kneeled down to him with a slight smile. "Sorry we lost you back there, little dude."

"Hey, it's okay." King said as he grabbed Luz' Hand. "Let's go back to the games and win those bracelets!"

However, Gus grabbe Luz's other hand. "But we haven't gone on any rides and there's no line for the bumper carcasses."

King glared at Gus, "Games!"

Gus frowns, "Carcasses!"

"Games!"

"Carcasses!"

Their dispute was interrupted when Luz's stomach growled loudly.

Luz's face flushed red, "Food! I'm gonna crab some rotten candy while you guys figure this out. Bye!"

"When Luz comes back let's go on the three-man cauldron spinner," Willow said to Gus.

"Or the triple swing," Gus added.

"Oh, and that's close to those photo booths that can fit exactly three people," Willow says excidingly.

King fidgets where he stood, "but today was me, and Luz's day"

Gus cooed, "Does the little baby boo miss his buddy Luz and (Y/n)?"

Willow chuckled as Gus picked up King. "Uh, does he? Uh, does he?"

King growled angerly, "The King of Demons misses nobody!"

Gus only laughed as King started to squirm in Gus's hold, "I demand you put me down!"

With the constant wriggling, the potion falls out of King's pouch. It landed on the ground and sprayed Willow and Gus.

"What?" Willow and Gus questioned before suddenly disappearing.

"Oh, no! What have I done?!" King gasps in horror.

Just then Luz returned, "Wow. I guess they really wanted to ride those bumper carcasses." She chuckled, looking around.

"Actually, Luz," King said hesitantly. "There's something I gotta tell you."

"No. There's something| gotta tell you, King" Luz smiled at King. "I said I'd help you win those friendship bracelets. So win them we shall, okay?"

King looks to the side, "Uh... Willow and Gus will be okay for a little while, right?" He whispered softly.

Luz tilts her head, "What was that?"

King chuckleed nervously, "Nothing. Now let's go!"

"Ready or not, here we crumb!" Luz said as she made a pun.

King smiled and followed behind her, "Yes! Ha ha!"

◈◈◈

Aaaaaand that's where I end this Chapter! Like always I hope you like it and I'll see you in part two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.6K 22
[Owl House x Male! Reader] "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭." [Y/n] Vadas, known to many as a cynical punk with attitude problems and the best friend...
704 31 3
Y/N and Luz are Friends for almost 5 years now, they already did go on a lot of things, They are both considered Weird, as for Y/N being an rebelliou...
4.2K 71 20
Edric turned to Emira and Y/N, "Wanna say our greatest fears? On three. One, two... being alone forever!" "Being stuck with you forever." "Daylights...
21.6K 712 33
She came from almost nothing and ended up with everything. You'd think he had everything, but it was practically nothing. Two teenagers with big repu...