Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black...

By X0starstruckgurlX0

"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is pla... More

Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black Love Story*
Family Reunion
Bella this...Bella that
Jealousy isn't pretty
Reminiscing
School?!
Pine or Ocean Breeze
The 'Other' Cullen
Carpe Diem, live for the present!
Regret
No! But Why?!
Lifting of the Dark Veil
Getting Along I See
The Wolves
Ch. 14: Devoted
15. Not a Date
CH. 16 Great Heights
Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True
ch. 18: My Boyfriend
19. Trust
ch. 20 Loyalties, Decisions, & Hostility
21. Secrets & Truths
ch.22 Knock, Knock! Who's There?
ch.23: Tall Tales
ch.24: Imprint
ch.25: Lost Then Found
ch. 26:Practice Makes Perfect
Ch.27:Interruption After Interruption
ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future
29. Graduation Day
ch.30 Loving Brother
Ch.31: Newborn 101
Ch.32: Monster I Can Become
Ch.33: Meetings and Greetings
ch. 34: Do You Love Me?
ch. 35: Good Morning? More Like Excellent!
Ch.36: Cold
Ch.37: Feeling Better?
ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye
Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions
ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride
Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy
chapter 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems
ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War
chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?
chapter 45: Happy Birthday
ch.46: Vamps Out of the Bag
Ch. 47: bleed it out
Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed
Ch. 49: Potatoes
Ch. 50 Thump
Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues
Chapter 52: Showered with Love
Chapter 53 - Happier than Ever
Chapter 54 - The Ivory Keys.
Ch 56: Time
Chapter 57 - Welcome
Chapter 58 - Well Fed
Chapter 59 - Misdirected
Chapter 60 - See You Later
Ch 61 - The Collector
Chapter 62 - The Witnesses
Chapter 63 - Shocking
Chapter 64 - Be Prepared
Chapter 65 - Together
Ch 66 Rising Tension
Chapter 67 - Prospect of War
Chapter 68 - Ex's and Woes
Something Blue - The End

Chapter 55 - The Left Behind

218 9 0
By X0starstruckgurlX0

AN Sorry guys but I've been having to look for a new job and things have been hectic. Will have another chapter out this week.... maybe another 2 :) 

Chapter 55 – The Left Behind

*Violet's POV*

It didn't take long for our plans to quickly unravel. After the revelation that the Volturi were, in fact, planning to make their way here to terminate us, my family quickly came up with a plan to round up friends who could witness and testify on our behalf. The details of this plan were left foremost to my brother, father and mate, while I continued to get sick. This horrible news had clearly resulted in a severely stressful environment, which resulted in my health's decline. Jacob had insisted that I "relax' while they went over the details, leaving me severely upset. As a result, I childishly ignored him when it came for him and I to sleep.

There was so much I could do to help. Preventatively, I could find people faster than they ever could. If more dire measures were needed, offensively, I knew I was more than just formidable in a fight. However, none of that mattered while I was pregnant. I placed my hand over my belly, partially wishing my children would come sooner, and yet wishing I could take them far, far away.

Today, Jacob and some of my family were going to split up to round up our known comrades to persuade them in helping us detour the Volturi. Everyone was busy going over the plan they formulated just yesterday while I helped pack Jacob's bag and handed it to him. I looked up into his eyes as he took the pack from me and slung it on. My hand over my belly, I leaned forward to bring him down to my height and give him a kiss.

"Please," I begged him, sorrow and worry evident in my voice. "Please be careful, Jacob." I heard him gulp, his own worry and hurt wafting over me. "I can't lose you," I sniffled. He dropped the backpack and pulled me in as hard as he could without harming our kids.

"It's going to be okay, you'll see." I just nodded, not leaving his embrace, and taking a big whiff to memorize his scent. "I'll be back as soon as I can. I'll be here before this kids. I'm not missing their birth, I promise." I just nodded again, knowing that if I spoke, I'd burst into tears and beg him to just stay by my side.

"Carlisle... are you sure I'm the one that should stay with them?" Jacob and I turned to look at Bella inquietly. Bella and Rosalie were dubbed the ones to stay behind with me and Renesmee. "What if she goes into premature labor?" I hadn't thought of that. I'd seen that Rose couldn't perform an emergency C-section if needed, must less Bella with the smell of blood going to be literally pouring out of me.

"Sshe, she's right... I don't know if I can be of help..." I felt Jacob tense at their words, I tore my gaze away from my sisters to stare at him and found him looking at me worriedly.

"We won't be long. Three days at most is planned before Esme and I return back home. Violet," he signaled for me and I basically had to drag Jacob along with me, from how tensely he held onto me. "How are you feeling?" I just shrugged and muttered a small 'fine,' not wanting to worry them.

"She kept waking up last night to puke." Jacob spoke behind me. I just looked down.

"Yes, I heard that, but at this moment, how are you feeling?" I let out a loud sigh.

"I don't know, as expected? I feel angry, I feel frustrated, tired, worried."

"Irritable." I shot Emmette a look, watching as his smirk fell before clearing his throat and going back to packing his own knapsack.

"I'll go ask Jasper if he can help with your moods." I rolled my eyes at Carlisle's comment, regretting the attitude I was showing him instantly, yet still feeling it justified. "I'd like to perform one last checkup before I leave, but I'm certain we'll be back before anything happens. We have Alice after all. Excuse me." He patted my head and went to walk around me to look for Jasper. I felt hands wrap around my legs and I saw a sad Renesmee look up at me.

"Come here, sweet." I told her, holding out my arms which she soon jumped into.

"Baby, are you sure that's okay." I just nodded my head to Jacob, soothing the little girl's back as I held her. Admittedly, it was hard, not because of her weight, but with her size, given how enormous my stomach was. She was growing so rapidly, it frightened me, wanting all the time with the little girl. I would be lying if I didn't admit that watching her grow, scared me for the fate of my own children, frightened that I'd have doomed them to a similar fate. I looked up, seeing my brother staring at me intently, realizing he must have heard my thoughts. I cleared my head and went to let Nessie down.

"Why don't you go check on your momma, hmm?" I smiled to her and she nodded, running off to find Bella.

"It'll be okay. We'll make sure it's okay." Edward spoke lightly from across the room. I didn't respond and he let out a sigh before zipping up his backpack and slinging it on. He signaled for Jacob and I tensed, looking back at him. I felt him grab my hand, fiddling with the ring on my ring finger. He brought it to his lips, kissing the ring and then squatting down to kiss my belly.

"I love you," he whispered to them. "Be good for mommy and wait for me to get back, okay?" I fought back the tears and worry as he gave them another kiss and stood back up. I did a poor job, and felt as he ran his thumb under my eyes to catch the traitorous tears that slipped by. "I won't be gone long...just... stay close to Blondie and Bella... please... I'll call one of the guys to make extra rounds around here... just in case." I nodded to him, and felt him take my face in his hands, my own going to hold onto his wrists as he did.

"I love you." He kissed my forehead and then my cheeks, before going to kiss my lips.

"I love you, Violet." I smiled lightly and patted his arms when I could see Edward just waiting on Jacob. He pulled back with a sigh, grabbing his pack with one hand and mine with the other as we made our way back towards my family.

"Jasper!" Emmette's voice boomed from the backway, catching my attention, but Jacob ignored it and continued to lead me to my family.

"All right. I can't keep my preggo fiancé waiting for long so let's get this show on the road," his voice trailed off and I stopped trying to look back for Emmette and Jasper to focus on what caught Jacob's attention. I followed his line of sight and spotted Sam making his way up the drive.

"I can't find em." Emmett's voice came next from behind us, but we paid him no mind, too focused on the clearly uncomfortable wolf outside our home. "That doesn't look good." I nodded to him, agreeing. Jacob gave my hand a squeeze before letting go and going down to go meet him.

I waddled my way to them as the boys all rushed to go meet Sam. Esme slowing down to help me, which I thanked her for. I hadn't caught the beginning of the conversation, but by the time I got there, the others all had grave looks on their faces. "What's... going on?" I asked, seeing them all pass a note around.

"Alice asked me to give you guys that." I looked at Sam as now Carlisle had the note, reading it over as Esme rushed to his side to peak over his shoulder. "She and Jasper crossed out lands to the ocean last night." My eyes widened a bit at that.

"Carlisle?" Esme stared at him worriedly as Emmette and Rose waited to know what was on the letter.

"They've left us." I inhaled and stepped away, Jacob going on alert and prepared to come towards me but I stopped him, not trying to draw attention to me and just wanting to ground myself. I wanted nothing more than to be able to just stop and try to look into the future to try and catch a glimpse of Alice and Jasper, but knew it would be futile. There were several powers that just took too much out of me, Alice's being one of them.

"Why?" asked Rosalie, clearly upset and hurt.

"She didn't say." I groaned at the news. This caused Jacob to come rushing to me and hold meanwhile I just shook in his hold.

"No, there's no way." I muttered against his chest, trying to break free. I wanted to see the note.

"Can I see that?" I heard Bella ask first. I turned to look at her. She inspected the note, her face remaining grim. I reached my hand out for her it, she passed it to me, grunting in exasperation before running a hand roughly through her hair. She's left instructions, letting us know when the Volturi were expected to arrive.

N-no. She, they wouldn't just..." I groaned, tossing the paper at whomever would catch it before trying to make my way back into the house.

"I'll get her, Jacob." I heard Bella say. I leaned against the kitchen counter, just staring. I refused to believe they would just abandon us like this. We were family. We had been through tough trials before, sure nothing like this, but we fought together always. I let out a yell, tossing the cup of water at the wall, expecting to hear it crash. Instead, I saw Bella zoom forward to catch it on instinct. The glass shattered anyway against her hard skin. "Didn't think that through." I sighed, feeling guilty for my outburst.

"Bells, I'm sorry. I just... I can't." I groaned. Clammy palm to my forehead before going to my chest as the heartburn kicked in, warning me to calm myself. I settled my hand on my belly and took deep breaths. "This isn't like them..." I whispered. I heard Bella quickly clean the glass. "I'm sorry, Bella. You must be just as worried and I'm being a brat, I-" she stopped me, a sad smile on her face as she held me at arms length.

"Hey, I was pregnant before, too... I can kind of imagine what you're going through, sort of?" She did her best to smile, but we both knew it was forced. She just let out a sigh, knowing it was futile. "I agree... the Alice I know wouldn't just.... leave." I nodded, catching the tears going down my cheeks. I felt her bring me in for a hug.

"I'm scared, Bella. I don't know how to help.... I feel so utterly... so..."

"Useless?" I groaned.

"God, yes!" I whipped at my angry tears. "What is wrong with me, I can't stop fucking crying." I grunted, tired suddenly.

"It's... the hormones.... the stress... I'm sure.... It's not good for them, you know." I nodded.

"I'm already a piss poor mom, damn it." I cried some more and she pulled away again.

"No, you're not. You're reacting to the events going on right now. I don't blame you. But I kn ow what that can do to you, feeling useless. We just... need to find our strength. We need to all work together. Smarter, not necessarily harder, okay?" I nodded knowing she was right. "And you need to focus on making this the best environment that you can for them," she emphasized as he placed her palm over my stomach. "Or as best as you can, given all this..." she sighed and I did too, putting my palm over hers in gratitude and comfort.

"Knock, knoc." we both turned to look at Jake in the kitchen doorway as he knocked on the wooden frame.

"Now no more tears...please. Nessie will worry if she sees her favorite aunt crying." I nodded again, giving her a hug before she walked off. I looked up at Jacob as he came over to me, smiling to Bella in appreciation briefly before he was right in front of me.

"I'm not going to ask if you're okay...." I sighed in relief, honestly tired of that question. "But I do need to know if you think you can stomach something? You haven't ate..." I wanted to deny whatever he was going to offer but I thought back to my talk with Bella and decided to eat. For them. I nodded my head to him and he let out a relieved sigh. He was clearly prepared for me to be difficult and I suddenly felt guilty. "Okay, good. Ugh... Sam also came bearing some food... Emily apparently made some banana muffins and breakfast burritos... she sent him over with some for us." I smiled at him and took the bag that was extended out to me.

"For us, huh?" I asked and his cheeks reddened.

"I mean, I'd hope you'd share..." I chuckled looking inside and seeing the generous amount of food that Emily had sent over.

"I think we can spare a muffin or two." I took his hand, pecking his palm. We had sat down to eat and was nearly full when I heard one of the cars drive away from us. More talking outside before another car drove off. I looked at Jacob. "They're leaving." I noted, he nodded, swallowing the last bite that remained of his burrito.

"Yeah... they'll each go... and I'm staying here with you....make sure you're calm and that these two," he placed his palms over my stomach, "don't come earlier than necessary." I just nodded. We were quiet for a while, both lost in our own thoughts.

"Jacob?" he hummed in response, still somewhat distracted. "What....will... we say to the others?" I voiced my thoughts.

"About Nessie?" I shook my head.

"No, about.... them." I smoothed my hand over my stomach, a frown on my face. He looked confused before it registered. "We're asking them to accept Renesmee and mine's kind, but...."

"They'll both be something different from you both." he finalized and I nodded.

"What if... they aren't okay with that?" he stood quiet, worry clearly marred his features.

"It doesn't matter, they'll just have to accept it. That's that." he said, getting upset as he violently pushed away from the table and forcefully tossed the trash into the bin. "These people your family is brining, they're friends and family of yours, right? They're people you trust?" he asked, his voice straining with worry despite the anger that was evident.

"I... for the most part? I don't really know all the people they all mentioned I... Carlisle was going to find Gen and the others for me, but... I think I'm going to give them a call." I said standing up and preparing to make my way back upstairs to my room.

"They'd be understanding of everything. If your other friends are like them, it shouldn't be a problem, right?" He asked hopefully.

"Truthfully... are we in a position to be picking on what we would call friend?" I asked him, my phone in my hand. "We need all the help we can get and honestly... other than the French clan and the Denali Coven, I don't know many of Carlisle's other friends.... or what friends he had before me, Jacob." I was the one that knew Carlisle the longest before Edward became an immortal, but not by much. I hope we all had enough connections in our world to aid in our cause and like Jacob said, I hope they were all true friends of ours.

"Oui, oui! How is our favorite furry?" I heard Jacob scoff at Jen's poor joke. "Ello? Violette?"

"Ah, bonjour Jenevive. Comme ca va?" I responded.

"Ca va. Mon amis, is there something the matter, you sound.... how do I say... troubled."

"Is that our favorite wolf girl?" I heard an American accent ask, his voice recognizable from wherever he was.

"Calmer, Vance." I heard Jen scold him. "Pardon, Violette. Qu'est-ce ne va pas, mon cher?" she asked me what was wrong and a hiccup on my end allerted me to the newest onslaught of tears.

"Jen.. I really need you all.... hear... now." I told her, Jacob now hugging me from behind, head on my shoulder as he tried to comfort me.

"What's going on?"

"Everything ok?"

"Que esta pasando? Que tiene la nena?"

"Is it the children?" I heard several voices on the other line, most likely having either heard the tone of Jen's worried voice, or the sorrow in my own.

"Violette you are worrying us, what is the matter?"

"Please... allow me to explain in person. Can you come to Forks? To my coven's home?"

"But of coarse! We will be there on the next flight, mon cheri. S'il vous plait.... Violette. You worry me, darling. Calm yourself. Is your Loup not there with you?" I couldn't respond, my tears clogging up my throat as I passed the phone to Jake who looked at me worriedly.

"Hey Frenchie.... gonna need you all to get here fast... fast, fast. Things are bad." It was quiet for a couple of minutes.

"We will do what we must. An hour or two, give us and I will be able to get us back to her home. Loup... our dear Violette... are she and the children okay?"

"For now, yeah."

"I see.... we will see you soon." I saw Jacob put the phone down before coming to hold me.

"How about a warm bath and nap before they get here, yeah?" he rubbed my back, waiting for me to nod before hoisting me up and making his way to our bathroom. I didn't last long in the shower before the soothing scents of the water and Jacob's warmth along with the rollercoaster of emotions and worries, lulled me to sleep leaving against his bare chest.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.1K 26
Just when Alex thought things were beginning to heal between her boyfriend, Jake and her....her sister is thrown into another dangerous situation tha...
627K 30.8K 26
"๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ž๐™–๐™ง" you say ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—„ing ๐—๐—‚๐—† ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐–ผ๐–พ "๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—บ๐—ฒ" "๐—ถ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ?"...
108K 2.2K 22
The Big Three gods, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, swore an oath to not create any more half-blood children, as they were to become far too powerful. Unf...
640K 25.1K 103
Previously titled: My Captain and I ๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™† ๐™„ ๐™Š๐™ ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐™†๐˜ผ๐™„๐™•๐™Š๐™†๐™ ๐™Ž๐˜ผ๐™‚๐˜ผ If you were given a chance to wish for something, what would it b...