Honkai impact The Battle Of H...

By ken-reader

Kaylord was a valkyrie who studies at St freya's along with his friends trying to improve to everyone he can... More

Introduction
The rise of the unexpected
Preparation for the future
Library Rush
unexpected encounters
Examination day
The feeling of warmth
Surpassing Limits
Clash of The valkyrie's
There are Three things wise men fear...
A new place, A lost friend
An old reunion
Jailbreak
The surprise
The Ritual Of the.....Gods?
Broken hero
The Homu Amusment Park
The calm before the storm
Awakening of the silent one
Going out with a Herrecsher
A new threat
Unexpected newcomers
Beggining of the storm
How to (not) tame your dragon
The unfolding chains of events
Bond between a human and a Dragon
Valkyries VS Dragons: Battle of eternity
The aftermath
Nightmare
Unexpected surprises
Arise Of The Void Queen
Pawns of the unknown
Arise of the hidden shadows
Crossway Of Fate
Arc City, Here we come!!
Shadow's serpent
A twist of Fate
Scars of the Past.
Conflicts And consequences
Memories
Return of a Valkyrie
Secrets of the Honkai
Valkyrie's Limits
Beggining of the end (Pt?)
New year's resolution
A new type of evil
Showdown against the strongest
Beggining of the end Pt2
The Final test
Lightning Cries, a void rekindled
Towards the uncertain Future

Let the Exams Begin!

398 19 7
By ken-reader

Pov at History class

Mr.Steven: Now when did the first honkai eruption occur? You, Failure Kaslana.

Kiana: I'm not a f-

And she got slapped hard with a slipper. She scratched her now red chin trying to figure out an answer. She looked behind her to see Mei very very slowly edging a peice of paper to her. Just as Kiana was about to say the answer she barely dodged another attack.

Mr.Steven: OH YOU CHEATING TOO?! CANT EVEN ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION- Oh my god....you know what, I quit.

The teacher banged his ruler hard on the table, sat and looked at all the students angrily.

Mr.steven: Everyone has 0. Except Bronya and Fu-haii.

Fu-hua: Its Fu-Hua actually.

Kaylord: WHAT EVERYONE GETS ZERO?! WH-

SLAP

And he got attacked by another one as he sat back to his seat rubbing his chin too, muttering curses under his breath. Mei tried to reassure the two but she couldnt do much.

Mr.steven: This class is full of failures, I will report all of you to Principle theresa. Students these days.....

Random classmate: Welp bye bye being a doctor...

Suddenly the teacher stopped and looked at her shocked.

Mr.steven: You want to be a doctor?

Random classmate: Uh yeah?

Mr.steven: You have a f****ing 100.

Everyone immediately started complaining, throwing fits and yelling at the teacher being unfair.

Kiana: If I said i wanted to be a doctor-

Kaylord: wont work. At this point our classmates are making a rebellion. *sigh* wake me up when it's over.

He placed his head on his arms and tried to sleep through the chaos. Kiana happily did the same since she havent got enough sleep while Mei gave up trying to calm down the chaos and eventually joined the two in their own napping corner while everyone were yelling at the teacher.

*RING RING RING*

After some time, the chaos eventually slowly subsided,and soon the class emptied, leaving Kaylord and Kiana sleeping while Mei simply got lost reading a book.

Kiana: No chicken come back~ lemme eat you~~

Kaylord grumpily woke up disappointed that his nap was interrupted. But he was surprised to see the class was pretty much empty. Except for him, and his two friends Kiana and Mei. Kiana was sleeping while Mei was reading a book.

Kaylord: Oi tuna head, wake up.

Kiana: Nooo I wanna eat my chocolate......stop poking me Zzzzzz....

And she started drooling. Kaylord shook her a bit firmly, but she only didnt budge. He pinched her cheeks which to his surprise were soft, and made her drool even more.

Kiana: Mmm....stop waking me up dad......I wanna sleeep~

Kaylord: I'm not your dad idiot wake up.

Kiana: Stop.....lemme sleep....please.....

Kaylord, who was trying really hard to control himself, was about to give up until he got an idea. He whispered very slowly in her ear something Mei-related and just like that, her eyes shot wide open.

Kiana: MEI-SENPAI IS GOING TO MAKE ME DOUBLE DINNER?!

Mei: No. Unless you get good grades. Took you long enough to wake up.

She closed her book with a sigh as she started collecting her stuff. Kiana, a bit teary eyed her dream didnt come true, collected her stuff pouting. Kaylord was done packing and was waiting for them at the door of the classroom playing with his sliver ring, tossing it in the air and grabbing it.

Kiana: Oi Kaylord.

Kaylord: What

Kiana: You have chocolate?

Kaylord: No. You forgot you ate all my stash?

Kiana: Then buy some more!

Kaylord: Do I look like I'm a billionaire? I barely have 10 coins now that Theresa bankrupted me.

They soon started walking back to their dorm. The sun was slowly starting to set giving off a stunning view. The trio walked silently, Kiana every once in a while flirting with Mei, Mei Scolding Kiana and telling her to focus on her studies, and Kaylord who's completely lost in his thoughts replaying the day he payed back the bullies in full with sirin. Boy was that a good memory.

Kiana: Hey Mei-senpai can I have you for dinner?

Mei: K-kiana please behave.....your making me flustered.

Kiana: then let's make a bet! If I get a good grade, can i-

Mei: No.

Kiana: But I havent even said what I-

Mei: If you stay quiet I will cook you extra.

Kiana: YAAAAY! YOUR THE BEST MEI!!

And she hugged her friend, refusing to let go of her until eventually Mei had to convince Kaylord to try and unplug Kiana from her.

Mei: uh Kaylord....help please?

Kaylord: Well I got a crowbar at home....if that helps.

Kiana: I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TOUCH ME KAYLORD I WILL KILL YOU!

Kaylord: You wont.

Kiana: And why's that huh?!

Kaylord: You forgot you killed Ai? And also broke my wardrobe?

Kiana: Oh come on it's not my fault!

Kaylord: It is actually. Now get off her.

Kiana only hugged Mei tightlier.

Kiana: No.

Mei: Kiana it kinda hurts....

Kaylord: Welp sorry Mei.

And for a few minutes, Kaylord had to wrap his arms around kiana's waist so he could use most of his strength and pulled hard. The result? He managed to send Kiana flying headfirst into the bushes, and With Mei falling onto him

CRASH

Kaylord:.......

Mei:........

Both faces were red as Mei quickly stood up and dusted off her clothes. Kiana managed to pull herself out and spat some leaves out of her mouth while Kaylord just had his hand on his head dizzy.

Kaylord: Oof my head.....jesus Mei your head is like steel.

Mei: I-uh sorry- terribly sorry.....you ok?

Kaylord: Well I'm still alive ain't I? That counts as something.

He stood up and dusted himself off to, before looking at Kiana and completely losing it as half her clothes were covered in dirt.

Kaylord: Pffff Look at you Kiana you look like some crappy cosplayer of Gaia or something-and your hair I cant-

And he started laughing. Which got him a punch on the face as he got thrown to the ground again. He could even feel sirin inside of him having a laugh.

Kiana: that's what you get for flinging me into a friggin garden!

Sirin: * Enjoyed those moments human?~~~*

Kaylord: Oh shut up not you too....

He grumpily stood up. Eventually everyone made a truce and finally managed to reach home, with Mei being the only one who came back in one peice. Kaylord and Kiana were a mess. Hua immediately noticed that and her face wasnt really happy.

Fu hua: Oh you guys are ba- dont tell me you two fought again.

Kiana: Uh well....I uh fell on the gardens.

Fu-hua:.....Its obvious you two fought didnt you?

Kaylord:....I just tripped.

Kiana: really hard.

Kaylord: and I accidentally Pushed Kiana while carrying stuff.

Kiana: Yeah it was lots of stuff. Hit my head. Books.

Kaylord: my bag was torn so we had to carry the stuff.

Fu-Hua was astonished that those two who clearly sucked at lying and fought with each other, were trying to cover up for each other. She only sighed before telling them to go wash themselves.

Mei: Thank you for not putting them into trouble.

Fu-hua: That's the thing: THEY ARE the trouble. But I suppose I can overlook it this once since you were along.

Mei: Thank you. I hope nothing goes wrong now.

Unfortunately, they started to hear Theresa upstairs scolding Kiana and Kaylord for their actions

Theresa: IRRESPONSIBLE! AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE RESPONSIBLE ONE KAYLORD! I TRUSTED YOU!

Kaylord: I'm sorry I really am....

Theresa: NO EXCUSES! BOTH ARE GROUNDED! NOW GO TO YOUR ROOMS! AND GIVE ME YOUR PHONES!

Kaylord: Oh now you became mom now? Jesus fine here.

He unwillingly gave up his phone. Theresa looked at Kiana extending her hand. She sighed and gave up her phone as well.

Theresa: Good! Now Kiana, you will continue studying with Kaylord, since Mei's busy with Hua.

Kiana: Why the hell do I have to study with him.....

Kaylord: Excuse me?

Kaylord nudged her a bit but was surprised to see that she for a moment winked at him, before pulling her worst I-dont-want-to-do-this look. Following the idea, he decided to go with the flow.

Kaylord: Why the hell do I have to teach her?! I'm already having a headache.

Theresa: Stop complaining and start studying. Oh and you now the drill Kaylord, less than 70% and your kicked out of the school.

Kaylord:.....no pressure huh.

Theresa: now go. To the room. NOW!

And eventually, they entered Kaylord's room and Theresa herself locked the door. As soon as she did they silently made a high-five.

Kiana: We deserve an oscar honestly.

Kaylord: Haha maybe....but uh....there's a teeny tiny problem.

Kiana: What is-

She noticed she was still covered slightly in mud, and made a silent "oh".

Kiana: Uh theresa locked us in.

Kaylord: Then you can use one of my hoodies.

Kiana: Wait really?!

Kaylord: Yeah here. I have got this white one recently, knowing how well it will suit you. Here try this on.

He threw her the hoodie. She caught it, then went to his small cabinet/room that leads to his workshop. After some time, she came back wearing his hoodie, and the dirty t-shirt was folded in her hands.

Kiana: it's soo comfy! Thank you!

Kaylord: Haha no probs. Also, you might want to check the middle pocket of the shirt.

She did, and her hand wrapped itself around a chocolate bar. Her eyes shone brightly as she held the item like some divine key.

Kiana: wait a minute....this is one of the expensive types....but you said that you were poor...

Kaylord: Iam....AFTER I bought all of this again.

He went to his wardrobe and pulled up a small box of new brightly coloured sweets. Just looking at them made the girl drool. But....it also gave her the butterflies feeling in her stomach.

Kaylord: I know I uh....havent said nice things to you recently. So I wanted to make up to you for that. You deserve better after all, and so I decided that after the exams, I would give you all this.

Kiana:.....i-im speechless-

Kaylord: And of course, We have to go through all this-

He brought out a huge folder of math equations and slapped it on his table. Kiana groaned and started banging on his door trying to escape.

Kiana: THERESA!!! *heavy bangs* MEI-SENPAI!!! *heavy bangs* SOMEONE GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!

Kaylord: Theresa literally locked us In. So no.

Kiana: I dont wanna study........

She sinked into the floor like a sad tuna-head folding her arms pouting while Kaylord only arranged his papers and revision notes.

Kaylord: Exams freaking starts tommorow. And first one's math.

Kiana: were not getting out of this alive are we?

Kaylord: Nope. It's only you who's in trouble. You have to at least be able to do these equations.

He showed her a few papers that frankly were quite simple, but for an idiot like Kiana is basically torture.

Kiana: I'm not doing math!

Kaylord:......you dont have a choice.

Kiana: I dont care! I'm not doing it! I- HEY WHAT THE HELL PUT ME DOWN!?

Eventually Kaylord got tired of her stubborn self so he picked/dragged her onto a seat, and forced her to sit on it. Eventually she gave in and sat while she now had to deal with math.

Kiana: I hate you.

Kaylord: Yeah I know get in line. The class doesn't like me either. Anyways start. You got an hour.

And he himself started cracking a small quiz for himself. Kiana looked at the paper again and to her surprise she remembered how to be able to solve them. She could remember how Mei taught her how this and that fused and became somewhat a letter and so on. Picking up her pencil, she started to solve the problems. She was slow, but managed to make decent progress. After some time she heared Kaylord mutter that only 5 minutes left and she started to panic. She still havent even touched the half of the second page. But thankfully the one in front of her was multiple choices.

Kiana: *closes eyes and mutters* O mighty pencil, please choose the right answer!

And she landed her pencil on B. So without thinking she kept repeating the same strategy until suddenly as soon as she circled the last one Kaylord shouted time's up.

Kaylord: Phew....right then, let's see how ya did shall we?

Kiana: *gulps* uh.....can I use the restroom?

Kaylord: Well if you want to jump off the window and break your leg go ahead.

He started correcting her sheet while she simply started to gaze around his room. She was surprised when she first saw his room it wasnt as "nerd-ish" as she thought all those years ago. He rarely put posters, had like two huge corners with boxes filled to the brim with machines and materials. Lupa was sleeping on his bed while a honkai generator was active charging his battlesuit's power cells. His TV layed as blackish as ever on front of his bed, and there were plenty of DVD's in his nightstand she remembered ( there was once they watched one of Himeko's old shows. They pretty much threw up at it and made fun of the couple)

Then Kiana landed her eyes on Kaylord who had his pencil on his mouth as he tapped his foot quickly checking her answers. She noticed the silver ring on his hand was shinier than before, but she ignored that. What she didnt ignore, is their crazy adventures....and that vision with amber eyes.

Kiana: hey Kaylord?

Kaylord: Mhm?

Kiana: Have you had any dreams that are.....amber-eyes related?

He immediately stopped whatever he was doing and put the paper down looking at her worryingly.

Kaylord: Nightmare?

Kiana: No. Which bothers me. One moment I thought I was a messed up herrescher but....I dunno. I feel like most of my dreams scream there's a storm approaching.

Kaylord didnt like that at all. As crazy as it might sound he believed every word. It's True so far nobody knows he was running low on time, but with sirin he wasnt really worried much. His waist seemed more normal now, which he took as a good sign, and since sirin didnt show up in his dreams recently, he decided to think his death thing is slowing down.

Kaylord: Look....I just want to let ya know, you ain't a messed up herrescher. If ya ask me, your more like a messed up tuna-head

She gave him a glare as he chuckled. One thing she liked about the boy was that he always looks for ways to cheer her up. Never asks lots of questions and always looks out for her. But of course she still didnt forgive him for flinging her into the gardens separating her from Mei.

Kaylord: Anyways....I got some news about your test.

Kiana: Uh-oh.....

Kaylord: And would ya look at that you actually managed to pass! What makes me stunned, is how you answered the last question all correct! Heck I got stuck middle way!

Kiana couldnt believe her luck that her trick actually worked and used this chance to mock Kaylord about it because why not annoy the hell outta him? After a few arguments and whatnot Theresa banged the door open.

Theresa: Dinner's-

Kiana: FREEDOOM!!

Kaylord: ho boi.....

And away the Kaslana girl went, leaving theresa a bit stunned.

Theresa:....ready.

Kaylord: thanks.

Theresa: so is she ready?

Kaylord: Well.....I would say yes, but iam afraid I will let your expectations exceed you, so no.

Theresa: Thought so. Cmon, lets go.

Soon enough everyone gathered at the dining table. As usual Kiana digged in like an animal while Mei as usual tried to teach her proper eating manners. Kaylord was about to pour himself some tuna in his salad before he got an idea.

Kaylord: Hey kiana?

Kiana: Hnph?

Kaylord: I found your family!

And he showed her the can of tuna in his hand, which he then started to bust laughing from her expressions. Heck even Himeko cracked up at the joke and laughed hard too. Eventually as soon as he collected himself he dodged a plate that crashed at the wall.

Kiana: HEY! DONT YOU DARE EAT MY FAMILY!

Kaylord:.....*takes a bite*

Himeko: *laughs harder banging the table* why is this so funny I cant-

Kiana: YOU SON OF A B***! HOW DARE YOU?!

Kiana stood up and was about to go to him and punch him straight in the face only for him to manage to shove some tuna in front of her.

Kaylord: Cmon its food. You ate it a billion times.

Kiana: That's not funny......

Kaylord: Ok fine by me.

And he ate it. Which drived Kiana nuts. Which made Himeko laugh as Kiana now started to chase him around the house wielding her guns.

Theresa: STOP! *tries hard not to laugh* STOP IT YOU TWO!

Kaylord: STOP IT! HAVE MERCY I GIVE UP!

Kiana: THATS WHAT YOU GET FROM MOCKING THE LEGENDARY KASLANA CLAN YOU *****!

Bronya: Subject Kaylord is having fun. Can Bronya join too?

Fu hua: Uh.....it you can stop them sure.

Suddenly project bunny appeared and managed to catch both valkyries. It put Kaylord back to his seat while it threw Kiana hard onto the floor.

Kiana: Hey! That's no fair!

Bronya: *sips soda* The Bronya missed the part where that's her problem.

Kaylord: GODDAMN WE GOT ROASTED TUNA NOW-

And he got hit by the back of a gun being thrown into his face. Kiana had a victory smile on her face as Kaylord scratched his red nose glaring at her.

Kaylord: Ouch.....that hurts.....

Kiana: That's what ya get! Now where were we.....

Himeko: Ya know Kaylord, I havent had a good laugh in a while. You might make a good stand-up comedian.

Kaylord: Yeah no it ain't gonna work. Besides I got freaking exams remember?

Mei: Oh that reminds me, how did the revision go?

Kaylord: so far so good. But pray she doesn't screw up because I ain't helping her in the exam.

Kiana: Dont worry Mei-senpai! I got like 100 IQ!

Bronya: May subject Bronya ask if there is anyone more stupid than idiotka?

Kaylord: Probably that C-rank girl I got into a fight with. Or those three punks that locked me in the girls toilet.

Theresa: Oh yeah.....they stopped coming to school those three. What happened to them?

Kaylord: *sweats* uh maybe there sick?

Mei: Last time I saw them was in class when you werent feeling ok. Did they bully you again?

Kaylord: Quite the opposite. I did.

And he looked happy about it too. Which made Mei shocked while Kiana slowly loaded her gun under the table.

Theresa: what have you done?

Kaylord: Payback. You expect me to stay silent after they screw me with a knife and almost killing me?!

Kiana: Arent boys supposed to not hit girls?

Kaylord: That's the stupidest thing I have ever heared all day.

Kiana only sticked out her tongue. Himeko was listening to the conversation deeply interested while hua ignored everyone reading a book.

Mei: So what did you do?

Kaylord: Lets say....I gave them a taste of their own medicine.

He could even feel a bit of Sirin's prescence at the back of his mind probably jealous he is hogging the spotlight. Mei didnt look pleased at all, while Kiana and Theresa were shocked.

Theresa: Did you hurt them?

Kaylord: Nope.

Kiana: Then what did you do?!

Kaylord: Illusion drugged. Made them go mad. End of story.

Obviously he did much worse. But hey if Theresa knows he hurt a student it's a straight suspension. So he made a desperate dodge hoping he wasnt too obvious.

Theresa: Well knowing you and your crazy ideas.....I wouldnt completely not believe that, but you better not be lying to me Kaylord.

Realising he dodged suspension AND suspicion, he couldnt help but feel relieved. However He started to be on guard again seeing Himeko's gazing at him.

Kaylord: Dont you even THINK of trying to get me in your room.

Himeko: Too bad. I was hoping to make a deal with you.

Kaylord: Do I look like a businessman like those dudes you go out with?! I'm a freaking student!

Himeko: But pretty much I end up ditching all of them. *sigh* I can't find a good one can I....

Fu hua: They do say nice people finish last, so maybe you should have a bit more patience major.

Himeko: But I dont want to be patient!

Theresa: That's a you problem. Anyways I'm tired. Good luck you all.

Theresa left. Soon enough everyone left too except for Kaylord who stayed behind helping Mei to clean up.

Mei: You dont have to help.

Kaylord: Nah it's fine. My brain's overheated as it is. Doing anything beside studying will probably help calm my nerves.

Mei was more than glad to get assistance from him. She started doing the dishes while he placed the dirty ones beside her and clean up the table. As soon as he was done, he would join her so they could be done more quickly while also talk.

Mei: How's Kiana with math?

Kaylord: Better. Which Frankly I'm defenitly surprised. She's getting better for sure.

Mei: I see....I'm glad. Thank you Kaylord.

Kaylord: Nah if anything thank Theresa for locking us up in my room. Had to go through the usual annoying fights, ya know. But all's well that ends well I guess.

Mei wasnt bothered much by the fact Theresa locked him up with Kiana, knowing she will escape the first chance she gets. She's also happy that Kaylord's helping out teaching Kiana while she managed to revise in peace for some time. It helped her greatly. She couldnt stop beaming, which made Kaylord unconsciously smile too.

Kaylord: So what's the good news? Your beaming.

Mei: Nothing really. Things are looking up slowly....I'm afraid something is gonna come crashing down on us.

Kaylord: Considering honkai is a B*** it definitely can come ruin pretty much our lives as usual. But hey, at least we can tackle it right?

Mei dried off her hands as she made a smoll nod to him. When they finished Kaylord was about to fetch food for lupa until Mei slipped something in his hand.

Mei: *whispers* open it when no one's looking k?

Kaylord: uh...sure.

With a assured smile she left. A bit confused, he shoved the small paper in his pocket and got some meat for his pet. The moment he closed the fridge he found her waiting for him allright, tail wagging and tongue sticking out of her mouth.

Kaylord: You hungry little- here enjoy.

Again, he was surprised how quickly she crushed the bones and ate them as if they were gum. He left her eating while he was going to go upstairs to his room.

Fu hua: Kaylord. A moment please.

Kaylord: Yea sure whaddya need?

He approached the couch in the living room where hua made herself comfortable reading...something. Maybe revision?

Fu hua: How's your waist?

Kaylord: More normal and less vibrations. That a good sign?

Fu hua: More or less. Keep an eye out and tell me whenever you don't feel well ok?

Kaylord: Sure thing.

5 minutes later, he was on his table playing with Mk 1's core as he tried uploading, or pretty much resurrecting Ai. He missed him and his jokes so much. He was making decent progress thanks to AI-chan and managed to even make good progress on a THIRD armour he is working on. After leaving the system to update, he fetched his pockets for his phone only to remember Mei's paper. He brought it out and quickly read it.

It read: 11:30. Walk like last time?

Kaylord: Yea I can use a walk. It's a bit late.....but I guess Mei might detonate herself from stress If i dont do anything....heck, we both could use a break from stress.

Returning the slip back to his pocket with his spirits happy, he decided to check out the sword with the runes and setted it on the table.

Kaylord: Last I used this thing was when I was battling Issei....it managed to pierce through his armour even better than my sword sharpened with Benreas's scales....and it managed to protect me and Kiana from something....what Is this thing?

He placed the sword, well a part of it, in front of a scanner. This scanner basically was a bendable stick with a camera on one end and was connected to his PC. It emitted a green light scanning the sword as the Computer tried to decrypt the runes. To Kaylord's disappointment, it only showed the bits he got from the "ritual" where Lily tried to chop off kiana's head.

Kaylord: I need a more powerful means of research....but seeing I'm poor as hell I will leave it for another day. *sigh* being poor sure sucks huh.

He stretched a bit, then he dragged his Mk 1 core and made himself comfortable in bed as he tinkered with it. Pretty soon he found lupa rushing to him and he had to set aside his machine for now and played with his pet a bit. She was wagging her tail way fast and would lick his face every chance she got. Eventually he managed to calm the super-hyper wolf by scratching her behind the ears. It simply melted and rested on his lap as he kept petting her. Heck he started to love the thing more and more.

Kaylord: You are defenitly my child! You are lupa.....Hm what's my surname.....Welp I cant remember it.....F you chip in my head. Oh well....

After revising a bit and also giving lupa a time of her life, soon enough 11:30 came by and he decided, just to be safe, wear light armour under his jacket and his new Laser gun that's cleverly hidden in his watch. Though it's a one time use since it gets overheated very quickly.

Soon enough he was outside and noticed Mei was waiting for him eagerly. She had her hair tied to a ponytail and she wore a black jacket while also having packed something in her backpack. She couldn't help but smile seeing him arrive.

Kaylord: Let me guess, I'm late?

Mei: Haha not really. I was simply too eager to get out of the house and stretch a bit. Revision has been stressing me out....I decided to take upon your advice and cool down.

They started to walk together. The weather could not have been more perfect, with a half-moon shining brightly along with its many stars in the dark sky, they walked the path that lead to the middle of everything, which also had a lot of gardens with pretty flowers and a fountain in the middle. Kaylord remembered fighting some dude who tried to steal his blueprints. Didnt end well for them huh.

He shook his head. No bad thoughts. Just a walk with his best friend, who he just noticed, looked like a moon goddess. Her hair seemed to reflect the moonlight perfectly, and her calm pace and gently muttering to herself, he couldnt help but smile. He was lucky he got such a cool and strong friend. Not to forget her legendary cooking skills of course.

Soon enough they reached that one bench they last sat on when he was still in a wheelchair. They sat on it and started to stargaze.

Mei: Remember when you were in that wheelchair?

Kaylord: Dont remind me...worst month of my life. I hated the fact my legs were useless. Glad that there back though.

He patted his legs. Mei only gazed at the sky lost in her thoughts. She hugged her backpack tightly as she seemed worried about something.

Mei: Hey Kaylord....

Kaylord: Mhm?

Mei: Do you think that.....I'm not doing enough or strong enough for everyone? I feel like iam left out....

Kaylord was shocked. Mei admitting she wasn't enough was something he never though he would hear. Sensing he was going to say otherwise, she raised a hand so she could continue.

Mei: I know you think opposite of that...but really, if you see the results....last time I was easily captured by that Issei dude and almost died out of frostbite if Durandal didnt find me. I feel like I'm somehow not strong enough....that everyone's improving in their own way and I'm left behind.....

Kaylord was silent. The one thing both had and was grateful for, they understood each other better than anyone else. So obviously he understood her perfectly. Heck he was feeling that hopelessness when he first came to this school and got his a**beaten every time by even C-ranks. Imagine how he felt being beaten by the weakest valkyries. It drived him nuts.

Kaylord: Well....how about after we finish the practical tests we train together?

Mei: Are you sure? I thought Hua was the one going to train you.

Kaylord: Well I was going to ask her out for a fight to see my skills....but to tell you the truth, Hua's speciality is hand-to hand combat. I wanted to test my skills with the sword, and your the best person I can think of who's good with a sword.

A small blush appeared on Mei's face. Truthfully she always doubted her skills In combat, despite Everyone else trying to prove her wrong. Heck, even Hua had to show her she can easily and unconsciously spot weak points in the Honkai bear's armour and kill them.

Mei: I'm glad you think so. I wouldnt mind training with you.

She stood up, placed her bag on the floor, and tossed Kaylord a sword with its seath, which to his surprise only now noticed Mei had also another sword beside her waist.

Mei: Let's try sparring now. I feel like I can take you down without the armour.

Kaylord: my my someone's confident~

He played with the blade a bit to see how fast and hard it was. Not too shabby, bit light. He gotta be careful with his strikes. Both got into position as Mei unseathed her sword.

Mei: Ready?

Kaylord: Ready when you are.

And here, we realise Kaylord clearly underestimated her. She went for a quick charged attack from the front, which Kaylord easily blocked, but Mei anticipated that and used his block as a momentum boost to strike at where his guard was down. She was close too, Kaylord barely dodged the strike which tore slightly his jacket and shirt.

Kaylord: Jeez your fast....

Mei: Are you Allright? Did I hurt you?

Kaylord: Nah I'm fine. But damn Mei you might just make me end up in the hospital again haha....

Both advanced and clashed again, this time Kaylord was on guard and prepared himself if she would try and attack beside his legs. Eventually she did try and aim for them but he managed to deflect the hit. He tried for a counter attack thinking he managed to score a hit but to his surprise she managed to jump over his attack and use the handle part of the sword to attack his head, which knocked him on the ground. Before he could stand up A sword was pointed between his eyes.

Mei: I win.

Kaylord: and you say your being left behind eh? Jeez you went overkill haha.....

She offered a hand. He accepted and eventually stood up dusting off his torn jacket.

Mei: I hope it didnt hurt too much.

Kaylord: Nah. If anything I can tell your holding back. I gotta hand it to ya your quick and strong. In fact, without the armour you can easily beat me in sword play.

Mei: Stop it I'm not that strong....

He knitted his eyebrows and pointed at his head and torn clothes.

Kaylord: I couldn't get a single hit at you and look what you managed to do while holding back. You aimed at my waist by instinct knowing it was my weak point didnt you?

Mei:....ok I admit that I'm decent enough. Happy?

Kaylord: Yep. Now can we call it a truce? I cant feel my legs....

Soon enough they sat back on the bench eating snacks and talking whatever that came through their heads. Revision, About shicksal, about school,....

Mei: Oh that reminds me...I never asked about how you got the ring. Planning for something already?

He immediately blushed. It was obvious Mei was implying if he had already someone in mind to propose to in the future, which frankly Kaylord would rather take his chances with sirin than do that.

Kaylord: Uh no dont get the wrong idea....its just-I tried to forge steel and enchant it using honkai energy. It turned out to be more durable than I thought, so I styled it and kept it.

His emotions was a mess. Well he obviously never really thought of "the future" and if there's ever someone to propose too. His mind was too preoccupied with the weird stuff going around here.

But he also knew.....that he wont be proposing to anyone anytime. He still needed to find the secrets of the honkai. Seele and lily were clearly in trouble somewhere.....but clearly he cant do anything about it.

Seeing his expression harden all of a sudden, Mei got worried.

Mei: Everything Ok?

Kaylord:.....I just forgot what the flip (×-y)² does! I'm screwed!

Mei: Oh it's easy I brought revision papers-

Kaylord: I knew you would bring them here....

Mei:.....hahaha....you got me red-handed I suppose.

Kaylord: Its getting late. Wanna call it a night and walk back?

Mei: Yeah sure.

They stood up and collected their stuff. As soon as they were done Kaylord noticed Mei was in happy spirits again.

Kaylord: What is it?

Mei: No. I just wanna say, I'm waiting.

Kaylord: For what?

Mei: You will find out eventually. Now let's go. Last thing we need is for hua to catch us now.

A bit sceptical about the last part, he ignored it and decided to simply enjoy this walk as much as he could. Because you never know when it might be the last time they could do their own little walk ever again.

***********************************
Soon they reached the dorm. They sneakily entered and made their way upstairs, soon to stop in front of Mei's room.

Mei: So see you tomorrow?

Kaylord: Yeah. Good night. And please dont revise. Sleep.

Mei: haha...yeah we both know I wont sleep till maybe 5am. I'm too worried I might forget something.

Kaylord: Oh you know what I'm done with you come here.

He entered her room, which she was a bit surprised about and found him looking through all their reversion papers. He brought out a few questions he knew were tricky and asked Mei how she can tackle them. After 20 minutes of making sure she knew everything Kaylord only folded his arms while Mei only scratched her head smiling.

Mei: haha sorry. I guess I do know everything. I'm just stressed out.

Kaylord: We all are. Now sleep. And dont you dare touch those papers.

Mei: Ok fine....

Kaylord: Promise me.

Mei: That's not fair you know very well I cant stop myself.

Kaylord: We just saw through literally everything! What is there more to revise?! You need rest! Dont force me to drug you.

Mei: Ok ok I will rest....on one condition.

Kaylord: Which is?

Mei: Whoever scores lowest has to pay the other dinner.

Kaylord: Deal. Now go to sleep. I'm burned out myself. Night.

He walked to the door and was about to leave until he heared a faint "thank you". Smiling, he answered back with a faint "your welcome" and closed the door. Yawning, he made his way to his room, put lips aside, and jumped to his bed only to pass out instantly.

TIMESKIP MORNING, 6PM

???: Wake up man!

Kaylord: Zzz....five more minutes....

???: Cmon man you resurrect me only to find myself in a half naked battlesuit and trying to wake you up?! WAKE UP!

With a cold hard slap Kaylord snapped back to reality. And to his surprise....

Ai: you stupid or what?! You gonna miss your exa-

Without words Kaylord hugged his battlesuit tightly. Ai made a small coughed laugh since his voice settings werent fully restored and patted Kaylord on the back.

Ai: Yea yea I missed ya too. Now dont cry and give me that stupid movie speeches about friendship.

Kaylord: I wont. I missed you man...dont delete yourself ever again.

Ai: But I got you a date with Kiana didnt I?

Kaylord: well more or less yes.

That's when the battlesuit started to literally dance. Of course since it wasnt in 100 percent capability, some parts flew off of it.

Ai: FINALLY! THIS DENSE MOTHER F****ER GOT HIMSELF A DATE!

Kaylord: yea before that...you still need to update. So up ya go. Update.

Ai: Fine. Tell me all the juicy stuff when I'm done ok? I wanna know how you convinced her

Kaylord: sure man. Now get some rest k man?

As soon as Kaylord left the battlesuit made a somewhat of a sigh.

Ai: He changed didnt he....guess I need now to really stop trying to delete myself.....anyways before I update, lets watch some p**** shall we?

Author:.......*facepalms* the f****.....

TIMESKIP, 7:10, BREAKFAST

Mei: Kiana how much do you get if you multiply these two?

Kiana: 5?

Mei: No its 50. You forgot to multiply here.

Kaylord: Mei stop it I dont wanna drag a roasted tuna head to the class.

He made a small chuckle at his joke while Kiana only sticked out her tongue at him. Everyone was having breakfast except for Theresa and Himeko who were preparing for the exams.

Fu hua: I start at 8. Which of you are in the same group as me?

Kaylord: It says in my time table I take my exam at 8.

Kiana: Mine says 8 too!

Mei: mine says 8 too....

Bronya: Bronya is taking her exam at 8 also.

Fu hua: In this case lets go everyone. We must arrive early.

And so everyone packed and started moving to school. Everyone was silent at first and the tension in the air was unbearable. Kaylord was lost in his thoughts while Kiana and Mei were discussing about math and revising. Bronya, apparently tired of floating with her robotic legs, used P.B to float in luxury while drinking a small juice box.

TIMESKIP, 8:00, CLASS

Teacher: allright everyone, The test shall begin now. Remember, no cheating.

And everyone began cracking at the tests. Kaylord managed to encounter a bit of difficulties but managed to eventually find his way through. Mei, hua and Bronya obviously encountered little to no problem at all, which left Kiana to herself and the test.

Kiana: *Sh**! I forgot about this one!.....come on how did I do this one....I literally did this with a FREAKING idiot!......*

She dared to take a peek beside her, which happened to be no one. This time every student had a table to her/his own so students cant cheat. The only thing Kiana can do is either pray to the wall or poke Kaylord in front of her.

Kiana: *I dont want to screw up! Mei-senpai worked really hard to support me! I dont want to see her sad because of me! Ok focus.....you can do this. I did something like this....easy does it....so first as Mei said, I see what I have....*

And she started tackling the questions. She was slow at first, but managed to pick up the pace slowly. Soon enough only 10 minutes were left, and she pretty much was screwed.

Teacher: 10 minutes left!

Kaylord: *come on.....hits himself on the head 10 freaking minutes!! I gotta be faster!*

Mei: *I hope Kiana manages to pass....I did everything good....I hope*

Kiana: *I'm screwed....I'm defenitly screwed.....*

END OF EXAM

As soon as everyone gave away their papers Kiana wasnt in high spirits. They still had also the whole week too, which wasnt really promising.

Mei: Kiana! How did it go?

Kiana: Ahaha....I managed to do well. Dont sweat it Mei! I'm good!

Kaylord: ho boi my brain's fried....good thing the next exams arent as intense as this one.

Kiana: wait there's MORE?!

Kaylord: uh yeah, we got English history physics science....did I miss something?

Fu hua: The most important, P.E. It's to determine our physical strengths and combat.

Kiana:....oh man....

Mei: That aside, I think everyone deserves a nice lunch. Math did really fry us all. I will even make u extra Kiana.

Kiana: Really?! Thank you Mei!

And just like that, our valkyries headed home, without even the slightest worry of what will happen to the future......

However as Theresa gazed onto a message she received from otto In her office, she was terrified and shocked to the bone.

Theresa: What in the name of the seven Homu sins IS HE THINKING?!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

IM BACK! BARELY!!!

ho boi it feels so damn nice being able to come back. And what's more!

I UPLOADED A NEW STORY!! You can check it out through my profile. Hope yall gonna like it!

Updates are very slow sorry about that haha.....but I'm trying my best. Life ain't exactly a softie XD

But anyways! I hope yall are safe and defenitly not hit by trucks, and for my sake if yall have a friend who is stupid enough to text their ex in the dark while crossing, turn a blind eye and pray she/he got isakied into a bad place XD

That's all for now folks! See ya soon! (I hope XD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 1.9K 22
[REWRITE] St. Freya Academy, a school built to help train Valkyries; girls who can wield extraordinary powers. This girls are humanity's answer to a...
4.2K 105 12
This story takes place in the Honkai universe, during Kiana's journey to find her father. all images do not belong to me.
2.7K 58 18
She want's to see them again That's what Kiana said, The Herrscher of Flamescion, and the one that sealed the Honkai in the moon It has been 8 years...
26.3K 440 11
Also.... Reader will X Honkai Impact 3. Don't ask me why, or the council of Water Sheep will angry. Description : Y/n L/n was one of the survivor fro...