Frozen Flames ~ 1/3

By half-bad

Algebra and bagging groceries was Adara's life. A normal girl living a painfully normal life, until one day s... More

Frozen Flames
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
SECOND BOOK IS BETTER
Frozen Flames II - I SEE FIRE

XVII

129 2 0
By half-bad

Adara POV

Two large men were staring down at me and were speaking to one another, I couldn't really seem to make out any of the words because my head was pounding, when one man proceeded to grab my arm and the other tapped a large syringe I shook in fear attempting to thrash my body, but I couldn't move.

I opened mouth to scream and nothing came out the only thing I would do is cry, tears fell down the sides of my face and occasionally into my mouth the salty taste reminding me that I was still alive.

He entered the needle into my arm causing me clench my teeth in pain I looked down in horror as a thick red liquid entered my system burning as it made its way through my body, I strained against the chains in pain. My whole body felt like hot tar was poured on me.

I had never felt this hot in my life, my eyes burned and my hands clenched into fist wanting to grab my chest- my chest! It felt like it would concave into itself. The two men's eyes widened and I gasped to catch my breath.

My hands burned through the metal holding me down and red flashed before my eyes.

I couldn't remember what happened what was happening. I was off the table- how did I get out of the chains? I was running through the fire and surprisingly it wasn't hot at all, I was running out the burning building and into the woods panting and looking a round constantly, I looked back at the building, that was now engulfed in red flames, soon concaving into its self.

I pulled my gaze off the building and stared at my hands instead and when I heard sirens approaching in the distance my head shot up and I ran off again ignoring the pain of branches and rocks to my bare feet.

I ran into a empty diner and calmly went and took a seat a nice lady handing me some water which I gladly took a sip of.

She looked at me with a side ways glance but my calm smile seemed to pull away any doubt of why I looked the way I had.

I stood up and went into the bathroom as soon as the lady walked away, leaning over the sink and stared into the mirror looking down at my arm and running my finger around the bruise the needle had left, no trace of anything red.

I was startled when the door flew open and my body spun around in alarm then I saw Luke, Michael and Calum walking in and I let out a sigh in relief.

"Michael thank god you wouldn't believe what just-

I took a step towards them and I was in Luke and Calum's apartment, I took a step back in shock and my legs hit the soft bed behind me looking down to see myself in the sweat shirt and shorts I had slept in.

I clutched the sides of my head and shut my eyes, Holy shit- I was going insane.

I looked up confused to see the three boys standing there with there's eyes glazed over white, no.

"NO!", I cried I shriveled into myself like I had just watched them die in front of me, I turned to run but I was too slow.

A high pitched scream pierced my ears as Michael pinned me to the bed and then I realized it was me that was screaming. I struggled under his grip and screamed trying to kick him and hit him but he was unfazed by my hits.

I let out a sob my breath catching in my throat with each forceful fit of tears, he pinned me down and Calum came around to hold my arms and Luke came and held my legs.

"Not again", I cried out my voice cracking in defeat.

No matter how much I struggled I couldn't fight against their combined strength.

"Please", I begged pathetically when Michael pulled out a empty syringe.

"No"

"Michael, please"

"Michael this isn't you, look at me", I begged sobbing as he lined up the needle to my arm and I let the last sob my body could manage before I was just silently crying.

"no", I whispered holding myself still when I felt the cold metal of the needle against my skin making me turn my head and cringe.

"What the lord wants", they announced to the air, they weren't talking to me, or anyone, and once Michael had taken out my blood he pulled out a sword. I shut my eyes preparing for the blow that never came.

When I opened my eyes I was back in the lab, but the boys were no where to be found.

I sat up-

"Ow," I winced wrapping my hand around the device embedded in the back of my neck, I shut my eyes and sighed. I cringed while I wrapped my fingers around and pulled it out. I gasped and grunted in pain while I slid it out and I dropped it on the floor with shaky hands, trying my best not to look at it. Seeing would make it worse. I pressed my hand to my neck and sighed. It was over.

I pulled off all the things from my face and scratched my forehead while I jumped off the chair hesitantly walking out the room to be met with chaos.

People were fighting and many were already lying limp on the ground, several appeared to be injured and I found myself stuck in the door way hand on my neck and looking around

I let a horrified gasp when my pondering eyes landed on Calum's bloody body lying on the ground his chest rising and lowering slowly.

Was this the lord's workers? Did they find us?

"There she is!"

"Grab her!", a man shouted and fear shot through my veins as I prepared to defend myself.

My heart skipped a beat and I wanted to run back into the room, and stick the probe back into my neck, instead I faced him.

I wasn't about to go down without a fight.

One charged at me and I swung first burning the arm that came swinging at me and using his momentum against him and bending his body over hearing his spine crack, I grabbed another's arms and twisted it around his back, kicking him to the ground with his friend.

When I spun around I let out a sharp gasp, looking down at the the long sword that stabbed through my back and out my stomach, my hands went up to grab it but ended up just hovering over the piece of metal, I swallowed hard and struggled to take in a breath swallowing down a wad up phlegmy blood that rose in my throat. I went to move forward and chocked on the pain that followed- or was it blood?

My breaths were shallow and the sword was slowly pulled out my body the shifting I felt in my abdomen made me gag on blood,  I coughed and sputtered a mixer of vomit, bile and blood.

I waited for my body to fall over, but I just stayed frozen, the person who had stabbed me walked around coming into my view and stood in front of me.

My eyes slowly trailed up their body clutching my wound then my eyes met with Michael's, his pale hands holding a now bloody sword, a smirk on his face and his eyes glossed over white.

That took my last breath away.

I fell to the ground onto my side with a hollow thud a shiver a pain shooting through my legs, and I my breath faltered I never took my eyes off of him.

The shell of the man I was starting to fall for.

Michael's eyes seemed to return to normal and in two seconds he dropped the sword to the ground and leaned next to me in horror shaking my shoulder and yelling my name, but all I wanted was to close my eyes, so I did.

"Adara"

"ADARA", A different voice shook through my head causing my eyes to fly open, surprisingly I was met with Ashton's panicked eyes, I gave myself no time to process.

I sat up with a scream, I sat up with enough force that it caused the probe to rip out my neck- it felt like a chuck flesh was torn out with it, but I was too busy pushing Ashton away from me to bother. I struggled to swallow the thick saliva coating the inside of my mouth and I violently ripped off the cords connected to my face causing the machine next to me to rattle.

I was coated in a layer of sweat, Ashton forcefully pushed me back on the chair by my shoulders and I leaned back attempting catch my breath clawing at the hot chair my body was pressed against.

"It's okay", Ashton breathed out and the boys were all on their feet watching like they were too scared to get too close.

"It's okay", he said.

I breathed out rubbing sweat off my forehead and placing my hands on my stomach, but flinching when a sharp pain went through my body making me exhale harshly.

I brought my hand into my view and saw it glazed over red I quickly looked down to see my shirt soaked in blood and when I peeled back my blood soaked shirt I let a horrified scream of pure horror.

I clenched my teeth when the pain hit me in one foul swoop, gasping for air as it now felt like a elephant was sitting on my stomach reaching for Ashton's arm like it was my savior.

Ashton pressed his free hand firmly on the wound and I coughed trying to clear my throat.

"Oh my god", Michael said coming to my side taking Ashton's place and pushing both hands on my stomach.

"How is that possible?", Ashton said slipping himself away and opening shelves and grabbing multiply first aid items.

I watched him scatter around panicking.

I was bleeding and he was panicking.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed my head on the back of the chair wanting anything to happen to distract me from the pain.

"You're okay Adara", Michael said but his tone was as if he was telling himself that I was going to be okay but in reality, no one really knew if it was gonna be okay.

I wanted to tell him to shut up.

"Here", Michael said helping me remove my shirt and I groaned in pain as I lifted my arms above my head falling back onto the chair with a hiss.

The wound on my stomach was short but deep, my fat and muscle were expose and blood pumped out of it leaking down my sides and congealing when it rested on the chair.

If this was the wound I thought it was, this was only the exit wound, I arched my back signaling that this wasn't it.

"Her stomach is where the sword exited", Ashton remembered out loud pressing gauze down on it.

I forgot they were seeing in my head, that's actually pretty weird.

I clenched my teeth and squeezed Michael's hand bloody hand harder than ever when Ashton began cleaning it.

Michael tried to hide the pain as I began to burn the flesh of his hand, but he never let go.

"Fuck!", I spat when Ashton froze with his hands hovering over my stomach and I gave him a odd look.

I looked down at my stomach and watched as the wound began to heal itself, the blood soaking back into my skin, and my skin slowly started to close its self up.

What a sight to see.

I screamed in agony and this time all the boys had to come and hold me down as I thrashed and screamed and cursed.

I breathily moaned in pain the wound slowly healing itself up and my eyes slamming shut.

Was I still dreaming?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 6 55
Adalyn is on a journey to find someone, someone she didn't know would change the course of her life. Someone who would change the dynamic of her fami...
5.9K 296 32
How would you feel if you got lost in a storm and lost some of your memories. Well meet crystal she's a sweet girl who has special abilities like eve...
730 193 50
(Summary Under Construction) BOOK 5 OF EVENFALL SERIES Under the scrutiny of the Elder Conclave, Adara is on a time limit to master one of the most d...
299K 14.3K 27
Neve, a lonely girl surrounded by people, but no one knew the truth. The truth people have died to protect. It's too dangerous for them to know, and...