The Dragon Witch (The Owl Hou...

Autorstwa WordsByNico

Y/N Najera always was an outsider. He was obsessed with fantasy, writing and especially videogames and he had... Więcej

Bio.
Welcome to the boiling Isles
Prison Riot and Important Decisions
There's Work To Be Done
A Weird Dream
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #1
Abominations seem fun
Well, that was a mistake.
Boiling Storm
What the curse?!
Co(n)vention?
You did what now?
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #2
Getting a House to move.
Demon Hunters are annoying
"What am I?"
Let's go to the library!
Nightly Bonding Over Danger
The Owl House Shorts#3: The Last Apple Blood
A Completely Normal Day
Yn's totally fun day
Helping Out A Friend
Lies and Detention
Let's go watch some Sports!
The Bat Queen's Trials
A short hang out with the Blights
A conversation with Nhil
A book fair!
King the Author
Luz needs a new spell.
New Spells
The Common Mold Is No Joke.
New Life, New School
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes#3
Getting Luz Out of Detention...Again.
A Carnival
Being shrunk sucks
Burning Memories
Memory Deepdiving
It's time for prom!
School Dance of Horrors
It's Sports Season!
Oh, wow. Sports.
A field trip to the Emperor
Things just got worse
We need to get them back
The Emperor
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #4
Getting used to the new Life
Selkidomus and a new acquaintance
We're getting expelled?!
We're getting back into school.
Let's learn something about the past.
New informations
Sparring Match
Meeting Momma Clawthorne
Two Cursed Beasts
Let's Go to the library!...The second.
Ruins and Diaries
Nightly Training
Palisman Adoption Day
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #5
Allies for a moment
Almost Alone Day
Meeting an Old Friend
Owl Mama adopts weird demon
Hooty's helping out
New Relationships
Luz is sick, let's get some Titan's Blood
My First QnA! So ask away, my friends!
The Lake is a Lie
QnA Answers!
Two Dragons
The Owl House Shorts: Incorrect Quotes #6
Getting Back Home...Well kinda
Helping Out some new Friends
Coven Parade!
A Failed Plan
you know what time it is? A little QnA!
QnA Answers the Second!
His own little Training Arc
Time Travel is real!
Dragons and Betrayal
Owl Mama's Advice
A step into the right direction
New Friends
How to wake him up
The Ashen Hollow
Little Questions for y'all
Authors Note - About the state of my Stories
You know what time it is? QNA! QNA!
You know what time it is? QNA! QNA! (answers)
Facts about the Characters

A Fake Quest

4.1K 118 110
Autorstwa WordsByNico

Witches before Wizards pt2.

◈◈◈

Luz sheathed the toy sword from earlier and placed it down as YN pulled out his carving knife. The girl continued to pack for her quest, while Yn sat down next to her. He looked at it with a raised brow and put it to the side. This knife probably won't help, if they get into danger.

Quickly he grabbed his backbag and opened it to pull out the little dagger he found together with the wristband. He looked at the dagger. It had a slightly curved blade and the handle had a little dragon head and the same black crystals as his wristband.

King sat on top of the sleeping bags. The demon and the dagger wielding boy looked up as Luz spoke.

"So King, what Kind of chosen one should I be?" She asked as she palced her hands on her cheeks.

"Huh? What?" King yawned and lied down as Luz grabbed her book and held it up.

"Should I be a full of optimism and goodness, like the Good Witch Azura?" She moved the book to the left. "Or should I be like a bad girl Chosen one with black nail polish and a mysteriously withdran attitude?" She put on a sassy expression with an eyebrow raised as she talked. She opened her book and made it looke like it talked. "I act like I don't care, but I secretely do"

"Why do I feel like we will soon encounter this trope?" YN snorted as he put down his dagger, when Eda came into the room with a severed hand.

"Oh, you guys talking about bad girls?" Eda asked as she waved the hand around.

Yn stared at it in confusion. 'Where'd she get that? And what does she need that for?'

"Wait, whats going on?" The older witch walked into the room and put the hand on her shoulder.

"Eda, tell Luz how dumb wizards are." King stood up as he put a hand on his hip.

"Urgh! Wizards are the worst. Never trust a man in casual drapery. Why." She looked at King with a questioning look. The demon started laughing and tried to explain everything.

"Your wizard client told Luz that she's a chosen one" He laughs as he pounds his fist into the sleeping bag.

"Wait, wait! Luz?" Eda started to snicker and soon it tunred into full blown laughter. YN frowned at them.

"He even gave her a map!" King said in between his laughs.Embarassed Luz hid her face behind her book as she leaned against YN. He glanced at her with a worried look, before wrapping an arm around her.

"Let me see this map" Eda said as she walked towards them. Yn grabbed the scroll and handed it over to the older witch. She inspected it for a few seconds before a smirk formed on her lips as she looked back at the teens. "You didnt think this was realn did you?"

"What?!" Luz said as she stood up in shock. YN sighed and rubbed his head. He had a headache since they left the castle.

"This map is bunk. There's no lake with a celestial staff on the boiling isles. I would have stolen it ages ago." She explained as Luz looked down. She noticed Luz' frown and handed her back the map with a small smile. "Ah, dont worry. Couple more months here and you won't look like such a mark." She ruffled Luz' hair.

The teen breathed in deeply and gently pushed her hand away. "Can I have some alone time please?" She sadly looked at the map.

Eda shrugged and looked at King before leaving the room. King jumped down and followed her as they closed the door.

YN stood next to Luz and put a hand on her shoulder, only for her to swat it away and turn around to hug him tightly. He frowned as he heard her sniffles and softly patted her back. Luz pulled away as she whiped a tear from her eye, while YN looked at her with a soft smile.

"Maybe they were right." She sighed as she leaned against the wall before sliding to the floor.

"I mean... they DID grow up he" He sat down next to Luz and shrugged. "And you know... Maybe it's for the better. Who knows what could've happened if we went on that quest?"

"Wait we?" Luz looked at him with a questioning look.

"Of course. You think I'd let you go alone?" He smiled as he lifted his arm and Luz leaned onto him.

"Thank you" She said as she looked down at the map and saw something written on it. "Huh?"

YN looked at her with a scowl before he noticed the message as well. He tilted his head.

"The path will only appear to the worthy..." Luz read outloud together as YN moved closer to Luz. She gasped and turned to him.

"That's why Eda couldn't see it" She murmured. "But I can.

She looked at her friend with a hopeful smile. He smiled at her with a little doubt in his eyes. Her face fell as she realized something. "But... am I worthy...?"

YN sighed and wrapped his arm around her her shoulder. "Luz..."

Suddenly the window opened and let the wind fly into the room. The map flew out of Luz' grasp and landed next to her books as it flipped over a page of her book to a picture of Azura holding up her staff.

"We'll never know unless we try!" She exclaimed as she stood up and pumped her fist into the air. Yn stood up and crossed his arms before tilting his head as Luz tunred to him. "YN, our first adventure together in this world!...You are still coming with...right?"

YN raised an eybrow and picked up his dagger and went past Luz. She looked after him with a frown and hugged herself before sighing deeply.

"You coming or what?"

Luz turned to YN with a shocked expression to see him sheathing his dagger into a provisional sword sheath.

"I thought you didn't wanna come" She mumbled

"Well, and I said, that won't let you do this alone. You are stuck with me now Lu" He smirked as he put a hand on his hip. Luz beamed as she grabbed his hand and pulle him with her.

He sighed softly. 'I'm way to soft. But this would be a great opportunity to find out what exactly this bracelet and dagger are...'

◈◈◈

"Finally. All that mean-spirited laughter made me sleepy" King yawnd as he laid down on the couch and closed his eyes as Eda walked closer to him.

"Crony, wake up." She said, putting her hands on her hips. "You said the wizard was one of my clients?" She looked out the window.

"Yes now go away!" King quickly replied as he opened one eye to looke at her.

"I dont know him that well. And I dont trust the itch he is scratching in the human." She sat down next to the small demon.

"Less talky, more nappy." King groaned, burrying his face into a pillow. Eda got up with a sigh and went to Luz' and YNs room.

"Hey Luz, YN?" She called out as she opened the door, only to find it to be empty and the window open. "Aww nuts... Hooty! Where'd they go?" She shouted.

"Hoot Hoot!" Hooty came up to the window. "If you want the answer that you seek, solve my riddle in a week-" Eda punched the wall the wall with an unimpressed look, causing the whole building to shake. "Ow, okay okay! They went into the forest towards Bonesborough. Sheesh" Hooty whined as he retreated to the door.

"Ugh.." Eda groaned and rolled her eyes.

◈◈◈

The teens stood at the city limits of Bonesborough as they look at the forest in front of them. Luz took a deep breath and clutched the strap of her sword.

YN stretched his arms out and groaned. They looked at eachother and nodded.

"Our first magical adventure!" Luz exclaimed as she grabbed her friends hand before they slid down a hill. They walked into the forest and looked around. YN grabbed his dagger as a thick fog started to appear as the walked deeper into the forest.

"Okay, got my scroll, got my youthful optimism, got my trusty weapon" Luz pulled out the toy sword from her back before looking at YN and grabbing his hand. "And my loyal friend and companion"

YN rolled his eyes and grinned at her. Luz grinned back and pressed the swords button.

"By the power of Skullgar, I am out of batTeRy"

The teens looked at eachother and chuckled slightly as they continued to walk through the woods.

They ducked under a branch as Luz began to speak again. "You know.. I wonder if I made the right choice by coming here.." She said with a sigh as she looked down. YN patted her back slightly.

"Who knows?" He said with a shrug. "You probably will find that out when we finish all of that." He nervously fidgeted with his dagger as he looked down. "Though one thing is for certain; Eda is definetly looking for us... since we sneaked out and stuff."

Luz looked up at him and smiled. "I'm glad you are here with me, YN"

"Well, who else would make sure that you are not eaten." YN smirked.

"I'm pretty sure, that you would get eaten before me. I never fell into a crocodile enclosure." Luz replied with a smug face.

◈◈◈

Flashback

YN and Luz were on a school trip to the zoo. The teen boy had his hands in his pockets and looked around unimpressed all while Luz squeeked at almost every cute looking animals.

YN rolled his eyes in boredom until he spotted the crocodile enclosure. With sparkling eyes he ran up to it and leaned on the railing. "Luz look!" He said jumping up and down. "Reptiles!" He exclaimed.

On his last jump however he slipped over the railing and fell right into the enclosure. Everyone around started to scream, as he just sat in the water with a confused look.

◈◈◈

"....touché" YN gave up.

Luz looked forward with a triumphant smile, before she gasped, grabbing YNs attention. With wide eyes they both looked at the cat-filled village in front of them. All of the cats were wearing clothes and walked around on two legs. "Woah..." The girl said as she looked around in amazement.

"Hm..." YN made as he narrowed his eyes a little. "Seems like it wasn't fully fake..." He grumbled. The walked up to the fountain in the middle of a square, He looked into it with a raised eyebrow, before a young, muscular witch emerged from the water, flipping his wet hair out of his face. He wore an eyepatch and had a sword strapped to his waist. He turned his gaze to the two teens in front of him.

"I see. So you are the chosen one." He scoffed at Luz as he got out of the fountain. The brunette stared at him with wide eyes as YN raised an eyebrow at him and crossed his arms. "The staff should've picked me, Nevareth Bladestrife, Teen Prince of Angstmore"

Luz smiled widely. "Yes. Yes, I did make the right choice." She said as she turned to YN.

◈◈◈

Eda followed King through an alleyway, looking around suspiciously. "This is where we met the scones. I mean wizard." King pointed down to the alleyway. Together they went up to the tarp, that covered the entrance and pushed it aside. "Woah! It wasn't like this before!" King looked around.

The once beautiful castle was now completely ruined with crumbling walls and faded banners. The walls were covered in vines. They walked into the castle grounds to see dead and dried up plants all around them.

"I don't like this." Eda said as they entered through the broken doors of the castle. She opened the door to the library. It was a mess with broken shelves and debris all around the room, She walked forward and stepped on abundle of scrolls. She picked them up with a raised eyebrow, to see that they were just like the map Luz had. The words Chosen One were written on it in bright blue letters.

"I really don't like this."

◈◈◈

"Nevareth, your vengeful backstory is so compelling!" Luz said as she walked closer to N'the witch, while YN walked behing them. "And I am loving your animal sidekick" She gestured to the small flying onion with batwings.

"After my village was consumed, my heart has known nothing but vengeance.." He said turning away from them. Luz looked at him with teary eyes, while YN raised an eyebrow. He didnt know how to feel. His bracelet started to slightly blink again but he chose to ignore it, since he didn't really know what that meant...

"Nevarat..." Luz said softly. The witch stopped and turned around to her.

"Lady Luz.." Nevarath held onto Luz' hand as he spoke. "Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?"

YN shook his head as Luz turned away from the witch quietly laughed to herself. "This quest is questing in all the right ways."

"Anyway, let's get going." YN just pushed pass the two and walked ahead of them.

Luz frowned slightly, before following after him with the witch in tow.

◈◈◈

The group stopped at a bridge. YN looked at it with a raised eyebrow as he grabbed his dagger. Luz confusedly looked at him before she noticed a cat-like creature dancing in the middle of the bridge.

"Ew." Nevareth and YN said, looking at it. The lattert clutched his dagger with squinted eyes.

"Hum-di-diddle, to pass the bridge, you must first solve my riddle" It spoke, looking at the trio.

"Hit me little furry man." Luz said, pointing at the cat.

"Your quest shall stop if you fail this game. So tell me, my dear, what is my name?"

Luz hummed and bent down to inspect the nametag on it's chest, while YN just sighed at it. 

"Uh.." She squinted her eyes at the nametag. "Chris?"

"That's it!" Chris said in joy "You may cross the bridge. And please take this, Chosen One. It shall help you on your journey." He held out a blue ring to Luz.

"Wow, this is amazing! Thank you!" Luz smiled as she put the ring on.

"Hey Luz..." YN leaned to her "Maybe you shouldn't wear stuff random strangers give you. Especially from...things like that" He pointed at Chris. "No offense tho"

"None taken" Chris joyfully replied as he continued dancing.

"Aw, calm down YN. You're just jealous, that you didn't get a ring." Lut smirked.

"No. I'm actually pretty serious this time."

"Whatever" Luz continued walking.

Nevarath walked up to her. "Do you need a cape?"

"Nah, I think I'm goo--"

"You can use my shirt." Nevarath took off his shirt and tied it around her neck.

Luz looked at him dumbfounded, before blushing slightly. "Yes! I need a cape!"

"Three cheers for the chosen one!" Nevarath and Chris started to cheer and Luz looked at them with a blush on her face. 

YN sighed softly and looked at nearby bushes and squinted his eyes at it. He felt something was wrong with this whole situation. He shook his head and quickly 

◈◈◈

"Oh no.." Eda mumbled. She and King walked through an abandoned village. Dark Clouds hung in the sky and a deep fog clouds laid hung over the city. "Are you sure they came here?" She looked at King. The demon crawled around and sniffed the ground.

"Can't mistake their smell. Like lemons and young, naive confidence." He answered with narrowed eyes before sneezing. "Oh, and.. I actually don't know what YN smells like. Is it weirdness? Bitterness?"

"Hmm..." Eda walked up to the fountain to find a cat tangled in the vines. She looked closely at it and noticed it was a puppet. "Hey! Wake up, you." She flicked the cats head. "What have you done to Luz and YN?"

"To find your pupils and still your wrath, look ahead and follow the path" The cat let out a whistle and disintegrated in Eda's hands.

"Ah! The cat man melted!" King screamed as he put his hands up to his cheeks.

"It's a trap." Eda sighed and stood up. "They want me to follow the Kids." She whiped off the remains of the cat puppet off of her hand.

"So, what do we do?" King looked at Eda. She hummed and looked of to the side.

◈◈◈

The group walked through the woods, now accompanied by a fairy much more passive the the one they met before.

"Thank you for inviting us to your feast Princess. All your food was so tiny and cute" Luz said

"And actually delicious too!" Yn piped up, pumping his fist in the air. He seemed to have forgotten his distrust in the whole situation. His wristband however continued blinking. The fairy princess twirled her hands around and created two bracelets.

"For you chosen one" She held them up to Luz. The brunette immediatly put them on. 

"Thank you!" She smiled at the fairy. YN just smiled at them. "You have all been so kind and thoughtful. I hope this quest never ends!" She jumped and striked a pose. YN rolled his eyes with a soft smile.

"Your quest will soon come to an end, for the staff you seek is around the bend." The mangled cat spoke.

'Finally. I'm tired.' YN thought with a sigh.

Luz' face dropped and her shoulders slumped. "Thanks for ruining the mood, Chris."

"Go on chosen one. The celestial staff is yours" Nevarath said. "You've earned it."

Luz perked back up and looked at YN, who just nodded his head. They walked down the path, while their companions said their farewell.

YN yawned and looked at his dargon bracelet.. "I cant wait to get back to the owl house."

"Oh come one now" Luz slighlty punched him. "You had fun as well!" She gestured to their surroundings. "Just look at all this!"

YN chuckled and rolled his eyes. "I guess it was fun." He admitted

"See? and besides, we're almost done" The two teens smiled at eachother.

They continued to walk, as birds flew away into the sky. YN looked after them with a slight frown. His bad feeling was back.

Luz suddenly came to a halt and YN accidantly bumped into her. "Oh sorry" He muttered as he looked over her head to see something that made them both gasp in wonder.

"No way..." The boy mutter. As they approached the edge of the lake, the water started glowing, followed by a stone walkway that built a bridge between the edge of the lake and the central plattform.

"I knew this world wasn't all gloom and doom like Eda and King said!" She grabbed YNs hand as they started to walk towards the staff. "There is wondere here!" She twirled around, with YN as the boy tried to keep balance.

He chuckled, when Luz finally let him go and smiled softly at her.

"And I...I think we came here for a reason.."

They stood of the staff as it glowed brightly. The two teens looked at eachother. "Okay. This is the moment of truth." YN said as he took Luz hand and squeezed it. "Take it." He said with a smile and took a few steps back.

Luz nodded and began to reach out for the staff. The moment she touched it, blue swirls started to come out of it, creating waves in the water as the crystal on top of the staff glowed brightly. She pulled it out of the ground and held it abover her head triumphantly. "Yes! I am the chosen one!" She smiled excitedly at YN who smiled back. "I knew it! I always suspected there was a reason nobody understood my wacky antics back home!... Well except for you." 

"Yeah..I guess" YN said with a soft smile, as he looked at his bracelet. The blinking turned into full on glowing. Confused he looked at it before raising his head to look at the staff.  His smile faded fully, when he noticed that the staff began to fade away and turn into dust. "Luz!" He yelled as she looked down at her hands.

"No!" She tried to grab the dust. Yn looked around to see the plants around them die and everything turning turning darker. He pulled his dagger out and clutched it as he stood protectively in front of Luz.

"What?" she mumbled as she looked around. YNs glowing bracelet got brighter each second.

◈◈◈

"I know this guy. He's no wizard. He's what'd you call a puppeteer, a demon who specializes in scamming and manipulating people. He's trying to use Luz and YN to get to me." Eda explained as she and King flew through te woods. King clinging onto her staff.

"Yeah and we're flying directly into his trap. Hurray!" King said sarcastically.

"Well, if you have a better plan, I'd LOVE to hear it." Eda retorted. "Hey faster you!" She smacked owlbert, who then shot forward and flew faster.

◈◈◈

A thick fog surrounded the teens as they looked around warily. Luz held the toy sword and backe up into YN, who nervously twirled his dagger around. Luz whimpered softly causing Yn to tighting his grip around his dagger.

"Luz and YN, the humans." A voice called out to them. They turned their heads to see Adegast coming from the fog.

"You.." YN squinted his eyes at the wizard as his bracelet began to let out a soft whisper.

"Magical Wizard?" Luz hesitantly said as the wizard stepped out of the fog.

"Your hubris has failed you, witch apprentices" He yelled before his body went limp and his eyes popped out of their sockets. He jerked back to reveal the large form of an octopus.like creature puppeteering the wizard. It giggled maniacally as it moved closer ro them.

The duo backed up a little. "I knew it..." YN looked at his bracelet and smiled a little. "You warned us didn't you?"

"Seriously? Talking to a bracelet? Now?!" Luz asked panically.

"Right, I dont know why I did that. Sorry Luz. But I still was right..." He looked back up at the octopus creature. They heard the ground beginning to crack.

They looked down to see their previous travelling companions and the cats from the village rose up from the ground, a tentacle in each of their backs. They are lifted in the air and began to surron the two teens.

"Okay Luz. Don't panic" The girl mumbled to herself. "This is classic chosen one biz. You just have to rescue everybody and defeat the final boss."

YN stiffened up and looked at her. "Luz..This isn't"

"I am everybody!" The monster yelled as the teens backed up. "You fool, don't you see? I'm no wizard. And you're no chosen one. I've tricked you!... Well, the boy didn't fully buy it. But I know how to deal with the likes of you!" A tentacle suddenly rised from the ground and grabbed YN, catching him by surprise. The demon tightened  his grip around the boy, causing him to drop his knife. He glared darkly at Adegast, while his bracelet shined through the little gabs in the tentacle.

"Yn!" Luz turned to help her friend, but her cape floated up and wrapped around her body, before turning into chains. She fell onto her knees with a grunt.

"Luz!" YN struggled and tried to get out, while Luz' bracelet turned into handcuffs and the ring became chains, locking her hands together. 

"Nooo! Betrayed by my own cool accesories." She glanced at her hands before looking at the monster. "Why are you doing this?"

"Your mentor has been stealing customers from my potions business for years. She must be destroyed."

"God fucking damnit! Why does literally everyone here have beef with Eda?!" YN yelled, as the grip around him got tighter. He groaned. His bracelet started to get hotter.

"And you lured her right into my trap. All because you wanted to think you were special!" 

Luz looked down in guilt before looking up at him. "No. Jokes on you, 'cause Eda isn't stupid enough to fall for your trap"

"Yeah!" YN yelled.

"Adegast!" Eda called out as she and King came flying. 

"Aw come on now!" YN groaned.

"Eda, I have you know!" He pointed at her as two puppets emerged from the ground and grabbed them.

"Thats right. You have me. Now release them."

"I didnt have to be part of this!" King whined.

"Oh she can leave... If she wants to." The octopus turned to Luz with a grin. "But I sense she wants a real fantasy" A puppet breathed a cloud around Luz, until she wasn't visible anymore.

"Luz!" YN exclamied as he struggled to escape from Adegast's grip. He glared at him. "I swear to go. If anything happenes to her, I will rip yoo to pieces with my own to hands!"

"Oh, keep talking boy." The tentacle tightened around the teen. His body started to hurt as he faintly heard cracking. The teen screamed out in pain, as the light from his bracelet got brighter.

◈◈◈

Luz opened her eyes and found herself in the middle of a dark void. She looked around to notice all the people she and YN met on their journey started to appear around her.

"Stay with us Luz. Stay with Adegast. We nedd you here." Nevarath said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "You could be our chosen one."

"Yeah, you can eat our tiny foods forever." The fairy said as a small smile formed on Luz lips- She turned to Nevarath.

"Luz, why would you want to live in a world where people laugh at you?"

"It's beautiful here..." Luz mumured as the fairy loomed over her shoulder with a creppy smile.

"Luz!" Eda yelled, trying to get the brunette to snap out of it. She worriedly looked over to the messy haired teen, who bretah in sharply in pain, as a light started to shine brightly through the tentacle that held him.

"And you guys think I'm special..." Luz mumbled while looking down.

"No! Ugh..." Eda groaned as the three of them started to get tangled into more tantacles.

The puppets began to crowd Luz with fake smiles and dead eyes.

"But it's not real!" Luz yelled as she ran out of the fog, grabbing her sword in the process. "I am a witch's apprentice!" She held up the sword with a determined look. "And I am gonna earn my magic staff the hard way!" She squinted her eyes. "I beleived you Magic man! Now feel my wrath!" She charged towards him with a glare and stabbed the wizard puppet, causing it it to disappear with a poof.

Adegast screamed, while shaking. Eda, King and Yn used their chance to break free and jump down.

YN needed a moment to regain his balance. He bretahed deeply and shook his head before picking up his dagger and getting into a fighting position.

Luz slashed the fairy puppet, while burned cat villagers with her magic. One of the puppet tried to blindside Luz, but got tackled by YN, who stabbed it into the throath.

The Nevarath puppet used his chance to attack him. The teen tunred around and held up his arms to protect himself. Nevaraths slashed down and didn't hit YN.

The boy opened his eyes again to see a small purple shield, that formed in front of his bracelet blocked the attacke. "Woah.." He quietly said as Luz thrusted her swird through Nevaraths chest. 

"ooh~ what's that?" She asked looking down at YN.

"I have no idea... But nice save Luz!" He said as the puppet Luz' stabbed disappeared with a poof. The shield disappeared as well. "Huh...Looks like I need to study soon." He said looking as his wrist.

"Seems like it" Luz smiled. Eda smirked at the.

"Back off! Or the dog get's it!" Adegast held up King in one of his tentacles.

"I am not a-" The small demon got cut off by a tentacle covering his mouth. They all dropped their weapons and held up their hands in surrender.

"I will kill you." YN declared with a darkl glare

"King, I'm sorry. I should've listened to you and never trusted that wizard" Luz began to apologize and tunred to her friend. "And to you too YN. I'm sorry. You were right with your distrust... He isn't mystical or magical. He's just a big slimy jerk!" She kicked the sword, sending it flying into the demons head.

He screamed in pain and dropped King, who got caught by YN as they watched the octopus demon shrink. They walked towards him as Eda picked him up.

"Well, that's the last time I take an outside referral." Eda said in annoyance before eating him. She tunred around to the other three. "mhh. Oh, did you want some of that?" She asked. YN slowly shook his face with a disgusted face and hugged King like a stuffed toy..

"No. I'm just confused" Luz grumbled. Yn put an arm around her while holding King in the other. She sighed softly and leaned against him.

"Thinking of calling it quits, huh?" Eda smirked with her arms crossed

"This place is just nothing I imagined..." Luz said, looking down at the ground in disappointment. YN sighed softly and squeezed her shoulder.

"hmm.." Eda looked around. "Maybe not here. But come with me. I got something to show you." She walked over to her staff as they followed here.

◈◈◈

All four of them are on Edas staff as it flew up in the sky. Luz held onto YNs arm as King clutched onto the front of his jacket. Both teens wore the blindfolds Eda gave them.

"Okay, you can look now." Eda said softly. The teens took it off and were awestruck by the scenery. In front of them laid the decomposing remaines of a huge monster. It's body overidden with trees and rivers, while the skull was illuminated by the setting sun. Eda looked at them before she spoke. "The bones of the Isles. Up close, the Isles can be slimy--"

"And stinky." King added

"And gross" Eda finished "But if you look at it from a different perspective.."  She gazed at the night sky with a soft smile. They all looked up to see a shooting star crossing the sky.

"It's beautiful" Luz whispers and YN smiled.

"Yeah." He mumbled. King yawned and curled up in his lap.

"Eda..How did you know that wizard was lying?" Lus asked, looking at her with a slight frown.

Eda frowned and glanced at her before answering. "Look kid, everyone wants to believe they're "Chosen". But if we all waited around for a prophecy to make us special." She chuckled slightly "We'd die waiting. And that's why you need to choose yourself." She smiled softly at them.

"Does that mean you'll give us a magic staff of our own?" Luz asked as YN chuckled slightly.

"Not yet. But someday." She said. They all watched the sun to continue to set. Eda put her arm around the shoulder of the teens. All them enjoyed the peaceful moment.

◈◈◈

YN sat on the window sill and wrote into his notebook. He drew a little doodle of himself with the dagger in one hand and a little shield, based on the one he had earlier, in the other. Next to it he wrote little notes like 'Magic?' and 'What is this'. 

He looked down at the sleeping Luz with a curled up King beside her. He slightly smiled as he put his notebook to the side and pulled out his phone to see no new messages. With a sigh he put his phone away and looked outside. 

He slowly fell asleep on the sill.

End of chapter 2...

◈◈◈

AN: Yes! Another chapter done! I hope you all had fun reading! I definetly had fun writing :)

Until the next chapter all of you:)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

374 32 16
Just a random fem y/n X Hunter story Feel free to judge Y/N l/N is all alone the she stumbles across eda the owl lady and her apprentice luz the hum...
10.1K 286 22
*not my art found on google* *not my characters they belong to Dana and the crew* Luz and Amity are leaving for the holidays and Gus has been chosen...
13.8K 325 11
Luz had to go home at the end of summer, excited to come back to the Boiling Isles next summer... But things back in the human realm don't go as plan...
21.6K 712 33
She came from almost nothing and ended up with everything. You'd think he had everything, but it was practically nothing. Two teenagers with big repu...