The Love Song (GXG)

Por xSRwritesx

Ayleen made the decision to relocate from her tranquil country life to attend Berklee College of Music. To su... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Part Two - Chapter 1
Part Two- Chapter 2
Part two - Chapter 3
Part two - Chapter 4
Part two - Chapter 5
Part two - Chapter 6
Part two - Chapter 7
Part two - Chapter 8
Part two - Chapter 9
Part two - Chapter 10
Part two - Chapter 11
Part two - Chapter 12
Part two - Chapter 13
Part two - Chapter 14
Part two - Chapter 15
Bonus chapter

Chapter 3

6.3K 217 71
Por xSRwritesx

It was Sunday morning. Lying in bed staring blankly at the ceiling I couldn't think of anything else than those eyes, the color of honey, and how they unexpectedly shifted from lust and playfulness into pain and sadness.

I dragged myself out of bed determined to spend my day practicing, maybe asking Serena to join wouldn't be a bad thing, it's always better to play in groups.

I knocked on her door but received no answer, I opened the door softly and frowned. It was empty, the bed was made, looked like she didn't come home for the night.

I gave George a quick call to ask if he saw her after I left the other night, to which he clarified seeing her leaving with Edward. I was happy for her but I really hoped she wouldn't forget the reason why we came from Utah.

We've been friends for as long as I can remember and I know for a fact she would lose her focus if she were to get in a serious relationship, especially that fast. To say the least, her parents won't be pleased.

I sat on the old beat up keyboard I bought for practice since I decided to leave the new one with George. Clara said it was a gift for the band which meant its not mine to keep, and I rather not keep something this expensive around.

A few hours went by when I heard the intercom ringing, Serena must have forgotten her keys and expected me to let her in. With a heavy sigh, I got up and walked up to the front door.

"Serena?"

"Uh.. hey Ayleen, it's me, Clara," that definitely caught me off guard.

I didn't have time to answer as she spoke. "Can I come up for a second?" She wants to come to the apartment... I looked around, it wasn't too messy so I buzzed her in still taken aback.

After a few minutes I heard graceful knocks on the door, I quickly fixed my hair and took a quick look at myself in the mirror, why? Did I care about how she sees me?

Taking in a deep breath I opened the door. She was wearing a basic black shirt and jeans, very different from the formal outfits I usually saw her in.

"Wow, you have no elevator here. I should go to the gym more often, I am out of shape," she finally said sounding a little out of breath, which made me giggle.

"Nonsense, you look amazing," I reassured truthfully. "Get in and make yourself comfortable."

"Sorry for coming by unannounced," I saw her discreetly scanning the apartment with her eyes as I shamelessly scanned her body but luckily she didn't notice.

"I like your place, it's cozy."

"It's nothing much, but enough for me and Serena," I shrugged.

"Where is your room?" she asked while walking towards the bedrooms, not waiting for my answer. I followed behind her in a hurry and pointed to my door, didn't want her entering Serena's without permission.

My room was very simple, I wasn't comfortable with her seeing it but she didn't give me much choice, it had a small bed against the wall, looked more like a couch with a small wardrobe beside it and on the other side, there was the keyboard accompanied by scattered musical sheets.

"Were you studying?" she asked while pointing at the keyboard. "Where is the new one?" She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration when looking at the cheap one I kept.

"I left it with George since it's the band's property," I explained, she didn't seem too pleased with my answer.

She walked to my bed and sat on it, legs crossed she rested her elbow on her knee and chin on her palm.

"Go on then, play something for me," she asked so casually, this woman had no shame.

"I study classical music."

"What makes u think I don't like classical music? Go ahead."

For some reason, I did as asked. I wanted to play for her. Sitting down I passed my fingers on the keys for a few seconds before they started to dance on keys creating the most beautiful sound.

A/N: Music she played in the video above 😊

I closed my eyes as I let the music take over my thoughts, that's how I always felt when I played, musicians would call it a frisson or an atheistic chills.. it's definitely my favorite part.

When the music faded around me, I opened my eyes and found Clara's honey eyes staring straight into mine, her posture was more relaxed like her guard has been taken down.

"Was it this bad? Left you speechless?" I chuckled feeling nervous, somehow having her watch me play this closely, alone, made me shy.

"N..no.. ofcourse not, don't be silly, it's just that, you play with so much passion, felt like I could see your soul.. I don't know how to explain, it's silly I guess," she cleared her throat and sat up straight again putting her playful expression back on.

"It's not silly, actually.. I am very happy you said that. I always try to show how the music makes me feel, you are the first person to notice that.. made me feel like I am closer to achieving my goal as a musician," I smiled.

"Simply mesmerizing, Ayleen" she whispered so low, I could barely make sense of it.. but I did and it made me blush.

"Ah, I almost forgot. I came here to take u out for dinner, as we agreed the other day."

"I thought you gave me your card and asked me to call you, what was the point if you were gonna drop by and drag me to lunch," I asked finding her entitled behavior annoyingly adorable.

"Come oooon, Ayleen, join me please," she made a small pout making my heart flutter, that woman knew how to use her cards.

"Clara... I do not know, I don't think I can," I muttered, wishing I could but being aware of my current financial situation.

"Ayleen, please, get dressed, I invited you, I am paying, nothing fancy, just lunch," she got up and went to the door already deciding for me.

"Do you want me to help you change?" she asked with a raised brow, quickly closing the door, dodging the pillow I threw at her with warm cheeks.

"Unbelievable," I huffed and tried to fight the smile that was involuntarily appearing on my lips.

I put on an outfit similar to hers, if she was dressed this casually, I guess we were going to a normal restaurant. Once I left my apartment, I looked around for her car but couldn't find it. Preparing to ask her if she walked there, I heard a car beep, she got in a convertible chrysler.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes not even surprised.

"It's just this one and the other car, please don't think I have a fleet of them," she defended with a pout.

"Oh no, of course not, why would I think that.. you ONLY have two fancy cars, understandable," I said in the most sarcastic tone I could manage.

"Silly.. but cute," she pinched my cheek and proudly opened the roof, she put in her sunglasses and drove off. Beautiful.. is all I could think to myself.

To my surprise, she did take me to a simple restaurant, we picked a table outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.

"It's a nice restaurant," I said breaking the silence that lasted the entire ride.

"I like it here, it's calm," she said and took off her sunglasses. Her gaze fixed on me, her honey-colored eyes enough to make my head spin, she made it mushy.

"So, did u manage to explore NY yet?"

"Not really."

"That won't work, let's go for a walk later."

"Actually, I would love that.. I enjoy walks," I smiled at her, I enjoyed simple things.

"Your smile is beautiful, you should smile more," she said while tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Uh.. I smile.. I smile alot, don't I?" I tried to not sound too affected by the intimate gesture.. her game was good, too good.

"You do but when you are playing you look so serious, so focused like you are in another world."

"It's because I am scared to make mistakes.. I try to visualize the music notes in front of me, but I will try to smile more."

"You look beautiful either way." Okay, she has no shame in flirting, she was attacking me from all directions, and it was working.

"But I may look creepy if I smile while playing for no reason," I tried to look for an excuse.

"Better than not smiling, when I walk in the courtroom, I always have a very serious face, I think the devil sometimes complains that I am stealing his scary expression," she grinned.

"I find that hard to believe." Did I just.. flirt back? Maybe, who cares.. she raised her eyebrows at me, and a playful smile spread on her lips.

"I mean.. you don't seem scary to me, you seem like a good person, you seem like a fun person even," I quickly tried to correct the situation.

"Only with few people, I allow myself to be."

"So I am privileged," I joked but her answer surprised me.

"I would definitely say so, now let's order. I didn't bring you here to starve you."

She was kind enough to help me place my order by recommending her favorite dish, she asked if I drink and I said I will if she will, so we got a bottle of red wine.

"So I know you are from Utah, your family owns a farm, you have a brother, you are 19, what else?" She said as she cut into her steak.

"Wow, and I know nothing about you except that you are a lawyer and have two fancy cars."

"I asked first, tell me."

"My brother is married, he has a little girl, Lily."

"How cute.. do you like being an aunt?"

"She is my little angel," I smiled when I thought of her.

"I will never be an aunt."

"Oh.. why?"

"Because I am an only child, silly."

"Oh right, you did mention its only you and your mother.

"My mother raised me on her own after my father bailed on us, we moved to Greenport. It's on the outskirts of NY, that's where her family lives, Marcus's mom. She had to work a lot to provide for us, so when I got older, I worked so hard, studied a lot, and became a lawyer. That's when I worked even harder, I wanted to compensate her for everything she did for me as a child, and give her a better life." She opened up with sincere sad eyes, she seemed a bit surprised how she just told me all of that.

I found myself reaching for her hand and caressing it softly, she allowed for the gesture.

"She must be very proud of you, I am really happy you managed to give yourself a better life, Clara," I told her meaning every word.

She smiled softly and shifted in her seat, I could tell she was slightly uncomfortable by the intimate conversation.

"Well, I miss my family, but I can't see them a lot. I can't afford plane tickets that much and my family can't help."

We finished our dinner while talking more about our lives, my new job, and my future dreams.

Clara insisted we go for the walk, she also promised to get ice cream, which I found adorable. After that, we drove back to my apartment, she parked in front of the building, and I moved in my seat to face her.

"Clara.. can I ask you something?" I asked with a shy tone.

"Ask, Angel." Did she just call me angel? She didn't seem to notice the nickname.. but I sure have, the butterflies were impossible to miss.

"Why did you get me the keyboard...? and don't say it was a gift for the band. Why did you come to my apartment and take me out for lunch ?" I felt conflicted.

"It wasn't, it was a gift for you.. when I saw you play, I was enchanted. You seemed so innocent, yet so beautiful, when we talked, I found that you are also a kind and sweet girl, I wanted to help."

"That easily? So you just get out of your way, buy a stranger a gift, and take her for lunch?" Maybe I was looking for another reason.. for something more. Did I want it to mean more?

"Why complicate things, Ayleen? I did what my heart told me to do, it's not like I could not afford it, and that's me being honest."

"I appreciate your honesty, even if I don't understand your reason..."

"I don't understand it either, I just felt like it," she shrugged nonchalantly.

"It's just that, I am very different from you, Clara.. you have your life figured out, a successful lawyer, I am just a lost college student."

"Hey hey, are you calling me old?, I am 27."

"I didn't mean you are old.. you are just.. in a different place than I am."

"Different is good sometimes," she whispered and held my chin, coming closer to my face my heart momentarily stopped.

"I want to give you a kiss," she husked. My stomach dropped at her honesty, she was already too close.

"I don't think that's a good idea," my voice weak, finding it hard to refuse.

"Let me kiss you so you keep me in your mind," she told me and didnt wait for my response.

She pressed her lips on mine, they were soft, they felt warm, she had too much confidence, I was already overwhelmed.. she took my bottom lip between hers, before breaking the kiss for a split of a second and catching them again.. I gasped softly when I felt her tongue already invading my mouth searching for mine, the kiss didn't feel forced, her hand remained on my chin the entire time and as quickly as the kiss happened it ended.

I opened my eyes slowly and found a pair of honey eyes staring at me, her pupils were dilated and filled with emotions I couldn't understand.

"I.. I should.. I need to uh.. yes bye," I said and quickly got out of the car trying hard not to trip this time.

How the fuck did that kiss feel so amazing?!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

407K 20.5K 102
It's been a few years since Ani and Cassie have gotten married and been raising their children. The family is filled with love and laughter. Cassie...
998K 34.8K 50
Clara Chelten West. A CEO. Untouchable. Unlikeable. Dangerous. Tyler Jasmine Brooks. A Former Mechanic. Intersex. Charming. Dedicated. An adventure o...
659K 32.4K 45
In a world where nothing is freely given, how much can they give when there may be nothing for them in return? Heartbreaks... Love... Everything in b...
695 36 7
Mercedes joined the United States Army, after long procrastinating. She took the career seriously, even joining the Special Forces. With the seriousn...