Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black...

By X0starstruckgurlX0

"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is pla... More

Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black Love Story*
Family Reunion
Bella this...Bella that
Jealousy isn't pretty
Reminiscing
School?!
Pine or Ocean Breeze
The 'Other' Cullen
Carpe Diem, live for the present!
Regret
No! But Why?!
Lifting of the Dark Veil
Getting Along I See
The Wolves
Ch. 14: Devoted
15. Not a Date
CH. 16 Great Heights
Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True
ch. 18: My Boyfriend
19. Trust
ch. 20 Loyalties, Decisions, & Hostility
21. Secrets & Truths
ch.22 Knock, Knock! Who's There?
ch.23: Tall Tales
ch.24: Imprint
ch.25: Lost Then Found
ch. 26:Practice Makes Perfect
Ch.27:Interruption After Interruption
ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future
29. Graduation Day
ch.30 Loving Brother
Ch.31: Newborn 101
Ch.32: Monster I Can Become
Ch.33: Meetings and Greetings
ch. 34: Do You Love Me?
ch. 35: Good Morning? More Like Excellent!
Ch.36: Cold
Ch.37: Feeling Better?
ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye
Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions
ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride
Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy
chapter 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems
ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War
chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?
chapter 45: Happy Birthday
ch.46: Vamps Out of the Bag
Ch. 47: bleed it out
Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed
Ch. 49: Potatoes
Ch. 50 Thump
Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues
Chapter 53 - Happier than Ever
Chapter 54 - The Ivory Keys.
Chapter 55 - The Left Behind
Ch 56: Time
Chapter 57 - Welcome
Chapter 58 - Well Fed
Chapter 59 - Misdirected
Chapter 60 - See You Later
Ch 61 - The Collector
Chapter 62 - The Witnesses
Chapter 63 - Shocking
Chapter 64 - Be Prepared
Chapter 65 - Together
Ch 66 Rising Tension
Chapter 67 - Prospect of War
Chapter 68 - Ex's and Woes
Something Blue - The End

Chapter 52: Showered with Love

348 13 6
By X0starstruckgurlX0

A/N Sorry for the delay guys. It finally got me. COVID paid me a visit and I was knocked on my ass, let me tell you. Anyways this was finished since last week, but just forgot all about it. I'm sorry.  Finally starting to feel better! So here you are, an extra long chapter. If things feel overly happy and maybe a little slow, it is the calm before the storm. So enjoy you it while its here! lol And thank you to the people that just started following and ran through this book super quick! And to the People that voted/comment in the last chapter. This ones for you! I promise to release the next one sooner with y'all in mind. Much love! <3

Chapter 52: Showered with Love

*Jacob's POV*

Things had been getting better since we found out that Violet was expecting. Every day that passed, she had started looking better and better. Her cheeks had a healthy Rosie hue to them. Her hair, her eyes, her smile were all as vibrant and beautiful as always. Her appetite had become much more veracious, including her want of blood. Her family claimed she was more indulging in her thirst than before now that she was pregnant; which made since given that Bella had craved it too while she was a human carrying Renesmee. Another weird thing, she was constantly craving meat. Rare. For the first few days of us finding out what she was craving, it was Hell to convince her that it was okay for her to eat as she was. She apparently always felt bad for the animals.

Along with her appetite, came a few new changes. Carlisle hadn't been sure if it was because I was around and her pregnancy started progressing as normal, or if it was some other weird reason. None of us were exactly experts on our kids' combined gene pool. A part of me was worried, but seeing her look so happy as she constantly cooed at her belly, made me bury that nagging voice away. She looked nothing like Bella had. She was so lively now. Her belly had grown a lot in the past couple of weeks, Carlisle stated she was at a healthy weight for where she was in her pregnancy.

The other coven from who knows where had left shortly after Carlisle and Violet assured everyone that she was fine and healthy. Frenchie wanted to stay, but apparently, she was head honcho of their little pack, or coven. Violet had cried when they all left, but they promised to visit sometime after things settled after the big move. I remember looking at them all funny when they said that.

I nearly lost it when I found out Edward and his family had planned to "kill off" Bella by claiming a disease had killed her so they could move on and let Charlie forget about her. I might have freaked. Just a little. In my head, I didn't want to risk any chance of them trying to convince Violet to move. I mean rationally, it would make since she would need to go with the paranormal Doc if anything, but I couldn't have that. But my plan worked! As unorthodox as it had been, it worked! Charlie knew the truth about me now. I laid it out for him in a way that would stop him from outright asking any questions that he shouldn't. Everyone had been upset, at first. Violet thought it was pretty brilliant and that was more than enough for me.

Speaking of truth though, my pack and family all knew about Violet being pregnant. A lot of them were pretty freaked out themselves. My dad's eyes looked like they were going to burst out of his head and Sam looked like he was going to kill me himself. Paul went nuts on me, but Rachelle was thankfully able to calm him down. She and Kim had been the most excited of everyone there. I had wanted to tell them before I even brought Violet over. I'd wanted to make it perfectly clear there was to be no hostility directed towards her.

When she did come around finally, we made sure my dad's was the first stop. Violet had been nervously wringing her hands the whole drive there, clearly scared out of her mind. My dad however, had been quick to congratulate her, but made sure to publicly scold me in front of everyone present. That being him, Rachelle, Sue, Old Quil and Sam. They wanted to speak to us as the chief elders regarding what our kids meant for the pack and the tribe's best interest. They were obviously wary, the only one showing any real content being my dad. Even Sue showed some obvious reservations, and she loved Violet before the whole "vampire" crap came out.

That talk hadn't been anything other than a hostile and intense "be careful" from them though, with Sam opting to stay quiet and tell me that I needed to get my Alpha training started. Not that I really needed it, most of it all came naturally to me, whether I wanted it to or not. It was literally second nature and the reason I was constantly defying Sam before.

Sue had just smiled sadly at Violet before walking off, it had been a little off-putting. Something told me it had, had something to do with Seth, who had been making himself scarce. I wanted to feel bad, but truthfully, I didn't. It was more like I wanted to make it as clear to him as possible that she was mine. Secrets don't last when you're a part of the pack, and after finding out about how deep his romantic feelings went for Violet, I just couldn't see him the same as I had before.

The girls were a different story when they got their turn to be around Vie. They had all fawned over Violet, glad to have her back. I wasn't sure what they were more excited over, Violet being back or news of the baby. I don't think the girls, save for Leah, understood the severity of our kids' potential differences. With that in mind, I had expected at least one argument to breakout, but was glad when none had. Sam had even approached me when I was alone and finally gave his congratulations.

"Jake! I need at least a hint! Please?" shouted Violet from her room as she huffed at not being allowed to know where I was taking her to. Today was supposed to be her secret shower with my family. Carlisle and Sam had approached me with an idea a week ago. They wanted to build a cottage similar to Edward and Bella's on the treaty line. They thought Violet would love to be close enough to both her families. I thought it was an awesome idea and couldn't believe the work they were putting into this. She of coarse didn't know, and I wasn't about to ruin the surprise. They had only just started construction when they told me and had another month or so to go before it'd be ready.

Regardless, we would use the land to host the shower. The little one was planning the decorations and Emily had food under control. I was nervous as to how things would go, but was glad they were all putting in the effort to try for me and Violet and our little family. The vampires said they would get there after the sun set, just to be safe. The sun was surprisingly out today and they were sure that wouldn't help make things less awkward if they were all glittery and shit at the shower. They were trying to keep things peaceful and worry free for the expecting mom. Speaking of which, she was currently trying to get her left sandal from under the bed that she just kicked under while trying to pick up the other sandal with her foot.

"I got it!" I told her, running to her when I saw her get ready to squat down to try to look under the bed. She's definitely gotten bigger now, Carlisle said she looked to be about 7 months now according to all the tests they'd done. She still didn't look like she was carrying twins, but she definitely looked havily pregnant. I still thought she looked gorgeous, but she'd complain every now and again about her insecurities. It just meant I had to spoil her more to make her see what I saw when I looked at her. The most beautiful woman alive.

"Thanks, babe." she sighed as I handed her the slipper and she slid it on. "Am I dressed okay for... wherever we're going?" I let out a short laugh.

"You'd look great in a knapsack, baby." I kissed her cheek. "But yes, you're dressed perfectly." I admired the cute little white dress she had on, with scattered sunflowers on it. Her belly with our babies protruding from under the material. "You look good enough to eat." I growled out jokingly as I embraced her and brought her closed to me carefully. She giggled and I plopped a wet his on her cheek after I pecked her lips.

"Eww, Jake!" she laughed as she went to wipe her wet cheek. I just pouted and peppered more kisses around her face. "Jacob!" she squealed happily and I stopped to admire her once again. Her laughter stopped when she noticed I was looking at her, she smiled at me, going on her tippy toes to kiss my lips.

"I love you." We both fell silent for a second before laughing after we had spoke at the same time.

"Come on, lets go." I held her hand as I led her downstairs and towards Bella's parked truck. We needed something that could get us as close as possible through the forest. I would need to carry her most of the way, but this just helped throw her off as to what was going on.

"So if we aren't going to Emily's and we aren't going to your dads', where are we going?" I just laughed as I kept my eyes focused on the road.

"Not saying." I sung out and she pouted again.

"You know, if I wanted to, I could just read your mind." she huffed. I turned to look at her as I parked. She turned to look around at where we were, near a grove of trees that prevented the tree from moving forward.

"Do you do that often?" I suddenly asked her, curious. I couldn't be mad, not like there wasn't a bunch of guys that did that on a regular basis while I was patroling, but I was curious. She turned to me.

"Do what often? Jake, why are we stopped here?"

"Do you read my mind often?" I asked her, I took her hand when I saw her let out a sigh and try to scoot away.

"I've ... done it." she bit her lip, she was obviously worried and I was about to tell her it was fine, but she stopped me by grabbing onto my arm and looking at me with teary eyes. "But not on purpose! Edward's ability is.... hard to control if I'm being honest. He can't shut his off, it's always on." she grumbled. I brought my hand to her eyes, whipping a tear before it could start rolling down her cheek.

"Hey, it's okay if you do or had. You forget, the guys constantly hear my thoughts." I smiled at her, hoping to cheer her up.

"But I know how much even that annoys you...." she sniffled. I unbuckled my seat belt, undoing hers and scooting over towards her a little to bring her to my chest.

"No, maybe your brother hearing my thoughts is annoying, especially when I'm trying really hard not to let my mind drift to how sexy you look in the mornings when you're in nothing but my shirt." I grinned at her and she scrunched her nose, grossed out before laughing. "And I especially don't want the guys to get to picture that.... now that pisses me off." I groan, tossing my head back on the seat. Her laughter stops and she's suddenly read face.

"Ewww I forget they can see what you see if you're thinking about it." she groaned and now it was my turn to laugh.

"Yeah! Now you see my struggle!" I joke, glad she wasn't sad anymore. I went to get out the car. "Wait right there!" I called to her, closing my door.

"Jake! Where even are we?!" she called back as I made my way around to her side of the door. I opened it and extended my hand out in an exaggerated manner.

"My lady." I say, waiting for her to place her hand in mine, which she soon does.

"And they say chivalry is dead," she smiles at me as she gingerly makes her way off of the truck. I quickly pick her up in my arms. "Jake!" she laughs, clutching my bicep.

"Relax! I got you." I smile at her, pecking her lips. "Comfy?" I grin at her as I begin to walk towards the woods.

"Jacob, where on Earth are you taking me?" she asks as she rests her head on my shoulder, face buried in my neck. I felt myself shiver as I felt her even breaths brush against my skin. I quickly clear my throat before speaking.

"I wanted to show you a nice picnic spot." I said, shrugging.

"In the woods?" she laughs, picking up her head to peer at me. "In the woods while I'm pregnant?" she chuckles now, eyebrow raised as she stares at me. I gulp, afraid she was possibly going to try to look into my mind. I try to think of things to occupy my thoughts, but only come up with the image of her in my shirt again.

"Please stop. She can't read your mind right now, but I still can." We both turn to look straight ahead, a little shocked to see Edward in front of us. I'd been so preoccupied with keeping my thoughts clear of things that I hadn't noticed their present. Not good on my part, but things had been relatively calm as of late.

"Eddie?" asked Violet, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

'Good question,' I think to him. 'What ARE you doing here?' I glare at him now. 'You're ruining the surprise.'

"Aunty Violet! Uncle Jacob!" Nessie quickly bursts out of the thickets with a sparkly Bella on her tale. It was still unsettling to see sometimes, my best friend all glittery and sparkly in the sun. I quickly got over it though and my mind was back to Renesmee. The little girl quickly stops in front of us, staring up at us. "Are you guys looking for deer too?" I let out a breath of air.

"Oh, you guys take her hunting now?" asks Violet, concerned.

"No, there was a heard with several young deer, we wanted to show Renesmee before they move onto the other clearing on the east for winter." smiled Bella, winking at me while Violet looked down at Renesmee.

"Oh! Did you manage to see any sweetie?" Beamed my imprint at the other little hybrid who nodded her head excited.

"Yes! Do you want to see?" she smiled up at us, extending her hand out. I was worried now. She had seen the others carrying the decorations out the back while Violet took a nap last night. Violet was already nodding her head and reaching out to the little brunette, when Edward stopped her.

"Some other time sweetheart. Aunty Violette and Jacob look like they were on their way somewhere. Jacob. Violet." He nodded to us before leading his child and Bella away. Edward turned to me, subtly nodding to me and then Bella giving me a thumbs up, excited. Looks like we were just in time. I saw them speed off quickly, probably getting ready to regroup with the others.

"Well, that was cute. Wish I could have seen the deer with her." she pouted.

"Maybe we can go after. Next year. Without our kids and her to help." I smiled down at her and her pout quickly disappeared. She just nodded at me, smiling before nuzzling her head into my chest. I heard her yawn as I started walking back. "Tired already?" I chuckled.

"No." she said bashfully. She yawned again. "Okay, maybe a little." she pouted again. "I think I'm mostly hungry though," she sighed and I looked down at her. I don't think blood was on the menu at the shower. The others were coming around more and more, with Violet anyways. But I didn't think they'd be too keen on seeing her guzzle down a pint of Bambi blood. Thankfully our kid wasn't as picky as Bella's had been when she was pregnant.

"Well we can eat when she get there, okay?" she just stifled another yawn as she nodded her head.

"Hey Jake?" I hummed to let her know I was listening. "The names.... are you okay with those?" I looked ahead, a little shocked. I made my way over a fallen rock, being extra careful with Vie in my arms before looking down at her.

"I think the names are awesome." I grinned at her. "Kind of a nerd for that comic stuff, ya know?" I cheesed at her and she giggled in response.

"You are such a weirdo." She said with no malice in her voice as she grinned against my clothed chest. She "Not too hot with a shirt on, are you?" I wrinkled my nose. I'd been having to wear them while around her family, which was often. I'd gotten so used to shorts and maybe the occasional muscle around my own family. Nudity wasn't really an issue around the guys, we barely even noticed that kind of thing. We only opted to wear shorts around the girls out of respect for them. Her family however was so prim and proper, I was constantly in a tee-shirt and jeans usually. I wonder if she preferred me all dressed up, too. "I miss you without the shirt," she grinned mischievously at me. I laughed out loud, my chest shaking with the effort.

"You horn dog." I grinned down at her, kissing her cheek sloppily. We hadn't really been doing anything since Violet was in a delicate state, but it didn't mean either of us didn't want to and I know for a fact I was struggling. Although her family an earshot away was cooldown enough when it would dawn on us. I was really looking forward to this house being finished as soon as possible. Privacy was the gift I was looking forward to the most.

"Look who's talking! If anyone's the horn dog, it's you," she said back cheekily.

"Never said I wasn't." I teased back at her. I felt the ground beneath us shift, more gravel like. We were almost there; it'd be within view soon. She noticed the shift in the floor with the crunch of the stones.

"We aren't near the beach... the lake?" I put her down carefully, grabbing her hand. "We're ... here?" she kept inquiring. I just chuckled and reached into my pocket.

"I know you recognize this." I grinned mischievously at her. I only chuckled and kissed her cheek when I saw the adorable blush bloom on her cheeks when she saw the sash I pulled out.

"Jacob! We are not doing that here!" she chastised me and I only laughed harder when I heard her mutter about how her belly wouldn't let her.

"Relax! Just trust me." I peppered her face in kisses while she relaxed. "You'll like this surprise, I promise." I tied the black sash around her eyes and placed my hands on her shoulders. "You... think you could go full human for me? Just while we get there? Don't want your nose giving it away," I grinned, even though she couldn't see it. She stiffened. "Only if you think you can. If you feel woozy or nauseous, it's okay."

Lately it'd been harder for her to stay as only one half of herself. Whatever changes this pregnancy was having on her was forcing her into her hybrid form more and more. Carlisle theorized it'd soon be impossible for her to shift between the 2. Only good thing from this was that her two halves were more harmonious now. Her eyes stayed that pretty bluish green, her skin wasn't as pale anymore, and she was able to use her abilities a lot better. Well, the ones she was allowed to practice. I was told some were pretty dangerous or took a bigger tole on her to use.

"Mmm, I think I could do it for a good 30 minutes tops." she smiled as she reached out to grab my hand. I knew she could tell where I was even with the sash on, and spotting the others would be way too easy for her.

"I'll be sure to run!" I told her laughing. "Whenever you're ready." She bit her lip and I saw her forehead crease in concentration a little. "You good?" I asked and I saw her nod after a bit.

"Kay, 30 minutes tops might be a stretch." I nodded, quickly lifting her up. Guess I really was going to have to run the rest of the way, not that it was much farther as it was. I felt her flail a little and grip onto me.

"Easy there, I got you." I kissed her forehead before taking off with her in my arms. We quickly neared the spot, already littered in twinkly lights that started to illuminate against the Twilight sky. Shorty had really outdone herself this time. There were pink and blue balloons and banners everywhere. Several color-coordinated flowers on every table inside delicately carved crystal vases. A table with a giant cake littered in tiny painted baby handprints and foot prints with ducks, bears, binkies, and bottles on it. It reminded me of that movie Violet liked so much. The one with the sleeping princess, the scene where those munchkins fight over the color of the cake, but more pastel.

I could see the pack and the tribe people that made up our family all coming out of their spots, doing last minute decorations. They noted Violet and some of the girls started giggling. "Ugh... Jake?" She laughed, "did you just giggle?" I heard one of the guys snort before I even could. I shot them all a look and they shushed one another.

"Where did this go again?" I could have slapped myself, or Paul. Everyone turned to glare at him and he shot Rachelle a look after she smacked him. He looked at her sheepishly after she pointed us out. I saw him mouth 'sorry' to her.

"Kay.... was that... Paul? Jacob, what's going on?" I put her on her feet after. I started to guide her towards the center after spotting her family make their way towards the seats. Wolves on one side, vamps on the other, but it was still a huge improvement. We'd take it. "Jake... I'm starting to get a little dizzy here." she chuckled nervously and I watched as one hand went to her back and the other to cradle her stomach. I lifted a hand to start counting. "Jake?" she asked again, the hand on her back now moving to reach out to touch my arm. I moved to remove the sash and I saw her smile and sigh in relief.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted when her eyes adjusted fully. I saw them instantly widen as she took in her surroundings and looked at everyone present.

"Oh my, Jacob!" she playfully smacked me before she went to wipe at her eyes. "You guys...." she trailed off as I saw her grow emotional. I saw her instantly relax before she looked around confused, "Jasper?" She called out before she looked to the side, now spotting her family as well. I went and hugged her from behind, kissing her temple as I saw her get all sentimental.

"Surprise baby." I whispered into her ear as I lulled her from side to side while I could. The others were already making their way towards her and eager to sweep her away from me to shower her with attention.

*Violet's POV*

This was amazing. I'd have never thought I'd see the day when we could all be together like this so civilly. Sure, Bella's wedding was a surprise given those that made an appearance, but this blew my expectations of anything I thought possible. I'd honestly thought I'd have to organize dual birthday parties and gatherings to not force the others into something they didn't want to do. But yet, here they were, all together. That was the best gift. Not to say that the lot didn't look beautiful. I peered to the side just beyond the trees I could see where we came from, the lake in that direction.

"Best to save that for later, Violet." Edward spoke up redirecting my attention to the attendees. I was confused, I don't recall this empty lot with tables here the first time, but let it slide and opted to enjoy those present.

I was instantly removed from Jacob's embrace and passed around among the attendees, each giving me a careful hug, the women opting to give their palms a pass at my belly. That part took some getting used to, but after many examines later, I was used to someone trying to touch my stomach. I thanked everyone for being here and organizing this. It all looked so beautiful. Apparently, Emily and Alice were at the forefront of this and they most definitely out did themselves. Emily and Alice smiling content at each other, despite a still tense Sam behind her, his arm around her shoulders.

"Sorry about big mouth here, Jake. Nearly ruined the surprise, Paul!" scolded Rachelle as she made her way to me. "Oh, Violet you look so pretty! Twinies!" She gushed as she went to rub at my belly, leaning down to give them an air kiss. "I told Becca about today and she demands lots of pictures! I know we couldn't exactly invite her or tell her given the situation, but she's super excited!" I looked at Jacob as he groaned. "What?"

"Chelle... we don't want her randomly popping in yet, we don't-" Jake was cut off by Billy as Embry wheeled him over, Sue right beside him. I noted Seth wasn't present and I tried not to let the disappointment show, opting to smile at his mother instead as Billy spoke.

"Relax Jake! She's in Hawaii, not the city over! You'll find out soon enough how hard it is to wrangle a couple kids into a car, much less a plane." Joked Billy. Jacob and I gave each other a nervous glance. We didn't dwell on it before Billy was right in front of and I bent forward as best as I could to hug him. "Good thing you two clearly have a lot of... people to help you out with them, right?" He smiled to the side of us, Carlisle and Esme now making their way to us.

"Oh they'll be spoiled as much as their cousin." Esme smiled at Billy before coming to me to engulf me in a tight but careful hug. On that topic, I looked around trying to find my adorable little niece. I know I'd spotted Edward, but he too was now gone.

"They'll have all the help they could want between all of us, I'm sure." smiled Carlisle at Billy.

"Dang kids went and did the impossible, made us grandparents!" Scoffed Billy, clearly joking and all of us couldn't help but laugh and chuckle. "Can you believe this kid, Sue?" motioned Billy to her. She smiled at me.

"They've survived through worse, this will only vond them together.... you just don't want to admit you're old." She quickly joked at the end.

"Old?! I'm hip! I don't know what you're talking about!" scoffed Billy.

"Dad...." Both Rachelle and Jacob trailed off, embarrassed by that.

"Oh, I think we have you won there." Esme tried to joke and everyone fell silent for a second. We could suddenly hear the birds chirping grow silent too. Suddenly there was a loud laugh, Paul cackling hysterically. Soon, the rest of us began to join.

"Best not to get into technicalities or we'll be here forever." joked Alice as she came back to me. "I think now that all the hellos are out of the way, it's time for games!" she smiled happily, leading me over to Emily. "Emily, if you would do the honors." I was suddenly in front of Emily, as she grinned at me evilly, Kim behind her with a role of toilet paper. I was both intregued and nervous. I looked behind me to look at Jacob who left the group of Emmett, Embry, Quil, and Jasper to come over to me.

"Are you guys'... turning my baby momma into a ...mummy?" chuckled an equally confused Jake.

"Eww, Jacob. Not baby momma. Mother of your child, girlfriend, anything but baby momma." Joked Kim. I saw Emily eyeball Jacob who looked away, cheeks pink as he chugged whatever was in his cup. Looked like orange soda. "This is for one of the games!"

"Um.. Won't we be waiting for my brother and Bella?" I asked confused.

"They'll be here soon, don't worry!" chirped Alice beside me. "Now, whoever is participating come on over! There are some great prizes for the winners!"

And that was how I became the center of the next couple of games. Whether being an instrument in the game, or refereeing or judging the contest. The first game involved people guessing the length of my belly using the squares of the tissue paper. Carlisle was not allowed to participate, and neither was Jacob who they felt had the advantage. In the end it was Billy who won since he was used to hugging around my belly by now, given his seated position. The wolf boys called a revote, claiming that was cheating, but it was all in jest.

"Normally, I would let you choose between the gifts, but I already saw which you'll choose! Charlie and you are going to have so much fun!" Grinned Alice, handing over the envelope to Billy. Billy was confused, taking it and thanking her before looking inside.

"Oh!" Both Sue and he looked shocked.

"What is it!" I recognized two of the wolves that joined while I was away ask. Pete and Daniel were the same age as Brady and Collin, who I'd only just met before the fight with Victoria, although they hadn't participated.

"Winner's eyes only, kids," grinned Billy, sparking more interest in the four youngest for the games.

The next game involved trying to collect plastic binkies from the floor, blindfolded while using BBQ tongs. It was obvious the more human girls were interested in participating than the older boys as they barely put any effort if they played at all. It was actually Brady who helped his mom when making fried chicken that won the contest, eager to receive his gift. Alice approached him sheepishly.

"Sorry, but I can't see your kind so these are your options!" She showed the kid the paper and his eyes bulged out of his head.

"Are you freaking serious?!" He shouted, gripping his hair, mouth ajar. Alice just hesitantly nodded. "I'll take the Disney tickets, please!" he shouted, grinning from ear to ear.

"What?!" Most of the pack rushed the kid as Alice glided away from the people that tried to see her list of prizes.

"To quote Billy, Winner's eyes only, kids." Billy looked impressed at Alice who just smirked at herself. It was clear there was a new determination in the eyes of the wolves as they saw an overly excited Brady stare in awe at his 4 tickets.

The third game had all the rowdy boys at odds with one another, those that could eat human food anyways. The girls having opted out of participating in this one, saying it'd be more fun to watch their men try at this. Even Sam was participating at Emily's behest. For this game, each participant was given a blindfold and was guided to a table. In front of them were different mushy foods. Their job was to taste each item blindfolded and guess what it was they were eating. I suddenly understood why the girls weren't playing. I had encouraged Jake to participate, but he insisted that watching them make fools of themselves was way better. In the end, it'd surprisingly been the hesitant Sam that won.

"Wait, Emily made the food, of course he won! That's cheating!" shouted Paul.

"Wait, he's got a point, ref! Where you at?!" Called an indignant Jared.

"Sore losers! We helped her too! And neither of you could get it right!" humped Kim.

"Babe, what the heck, I thought you said you loved my cooking!" shouted an annoyed Rachelle, to which Paul just sputtered.

"He got it all fair and square! Card says cooked sweet potato, mango and kiwi puree, mashed Potatoe and gravy, mashed spiced squash, banana and strawberry puree, pumpkin, and pea puree." listed of Rosalie.

"Eww! No wonder I couldn't get it! I fucking hate pees!" shouted a grossed-out Embry. We all laughed.

"Bro, even Claire eats her peas. I can't even-" Quil just smacked his own forehead, shaking his head, causing us to laugh harder.

"Okay Mr. Ulley," Alice approached him, trying to relax her tense shoulders. "Pick a prize, any prize." She smiled at him. "But might I recommend, number 7." She turned to Emily, winking at her as she looked back confused. I saw Sam's eyes widen before nodding to her.

"What did you pick?" Asked Emily excitedly.

"Skii trip, honeymoon package at the slopes in Colorado." smiled Sam as he walked towards Emily. Her eyes widened as she stared at Alice.

"I only mentioned that to you once, how did you know he would even win? I thought you couldn't see them?" Alice just grinned and zipped her mouth with her hand.

"She can't, but Vie can." smiled Jacob who was seated next to me, rubbing my back with his arm. "Sometimes they're not dreams and she mentioned it in passing having dreamt you two went to Colorado. She mentioned it and Alice figured it was a vision and took care of the rest." Emily looked like she was going to start crying and instead opted to

"Onto the next round!" Shouted both Kim and Rachelle, eager to win now.

"I want to play one." I mumbled. "But these guys are currently on my lower back." I whinned.

"Yeah? I can play a round for you, if you want." I beamed at Jacob, nodding my head. He looked nervously at Alice.

"Okay, but no prize for you if you win, Mister!"

"Aww that's no fair!" I whined. "He's playing for me."

"Oh no! You two sit these out! Let us win these! I feel like I'm in a game show!" Joked Sue next to Billy. "Let's go sweetheart! Win something for mom!" She shouted towards Leah whose eyes widened and cheeks reddened as she looked away embarrassed.

"Mom..." she grumbled as the boys clowned on her. I just laughed and suddenly paused, holding Jake's hand.

"You okay?" asked Jacob in a soft whisper as I let go I just smiled at him and leaned into him.

"She's bout to tie this one." I spoke into his neck so only he'd hear.

"Did you have a," he trailed off. I nodded, knowing he meant vision. "You okay?" I nodded.

"Surprisingly no headache... but I am getting kinda hungry." I whispered to him. We had been snacking between games and eating some of the delicious food Emily had made.

"Like food hungry or..." I chuckled softly; he still felt a little uneasy about the blood but was clearly trying. I made hand gestures for food and he relaxed a little.

"Want more of the brisket or more of the Tri Tip?" he asked. My eyes roamed to the bones of the BBQ ribs he had been eating before. He looked towards where I was looking and he laughed, kissing my cheek before getting up to get me a plate.

"Tie? How is it fair! She's a girl, she's got the clear advantage These things are freakin little!" Paul complained, holding his baby bottle up. Rachelle smacked him with her own bottle. "Ow! Babe!"

"I so won you. They're being nice by letting second place win! Your big mouth was finally good for something!" Leah countered. This contest consisted of seeing who could drink all the contents in the bottles without biting holes into the tips of the nipples.

"Yes, tie. Come on! Leah you can choose first." Alice smiled, the same prize list in her hand as she showed it to Leah.

"I'll take the Elite Spa package for 2 please." I heard Sue whoop not far from me.

"That's my girl!" Sue came over to hug Leah who just groaned in embarrassment.

"Okay, your turn." smiled Alice at Paul who just jutted his chin towards his imprint.

"Let her choose." Rachelle squealed as she bounced up to the tiny Alice.

"Oh my god! New York Trip! New York Trip!" Paul groaned, but forced a smile as Rachelle hugged him.

"Can you just picture that? Paul around so many people, that just sounds like a bad idea." chuckled Jared.

"Oh shut up, you're just mad I won." growled Paul.

"Sure, bro. Good job sucking the life out that bottle." jested back Jared.

"Burn!" laughed Embry as he high fived Jared. Quil cackling next to the two.

"Oh stop it, Jared! We're the only couple who hasn't won anything." hmphed Kim.

"Hey! We're in the running too!" whined one of the younger boys, Donny I think his name was.

"Brady won, Donny! Don't complain." Brady, who was currently stuffing his face with food looked up at his name, murmuring a 'what' with his mouth fool, causing me to chuckle between him and Kim's dismay.

The games continued, with everyone having won some sort of prize. I was glad everyone was happy conversating amongst one another. I could see lots of the boys, in particular the younger ones being entertained by Emmette's antics. The girls talking to Alice and Rosalie. It was all so wonderful and inclusive. All except for my brother and his family still missing.

"Hey look up." I felt the brush of Jacob's lips against my ear as he spoke, looking up. I was distracted from him when I noticed Nessie with a big smile on her face, wearing a fluffy white dress with flowers in her pretty hair. She looked to be bouncing in place as she forced herself to walk towards me slowly, a small basket in her hands as she poured out flowers and walked towards me. I noticed everyone had suddenly gone quiet, all looking at me.

"Hi Aunty Violette." beamed the little girl at me once she was right in front of me, her flowers all gone. "We finally came!" she suddenly reached over to hug me, careful with her basket.

"Easy, Renesmee." warned Bella who was soon before me taking her turn to scoop me into a hug. "Sorry we took so long. Wanted to be sure we were both good." she peered down at Nessie and I suddenly understood what she meant. The deer, the hunt.

"Jacob." I heard Edward, watching him nod to my lover before turning to look at me. His eyes looked so sad, but nevertheless he tried to smile at me. "Violette, you're glowing."

"I'll say, look a lot better than I did, that's for sure." joked Bella and I heard my family laugh, now able to, now that the risk was gone.

"We have a surprise for you, Aunty!" Shouted little Nessie, eagerly swaying in her dress. "You have to follow the flowers!" I smiled at the little girl, reaching out my hand for her to take.

"The let's go follow the flowers, huh?" I smiled to her. Jacob appeared beside me, quick to stand close by incase I tripped. "You in on this?" Jacob remained tightlipped, but I could see a smile trying to break free.

"Wait and see." he said quietly, hand now on the small of my back. "Come on." And wit that, I slowly followed the trail of pink and white petals with Nessie and Jacob at my side, and the rest of the party not far behind.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 2.4K 35
It's been a year since Tatum and her family moved to Forks and the only way to celebrate it is with a whole bunch of unneeded drama. But then again...
666K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
48.3K 1.1K 19
Everything was so...unexpected. Melody wasn't expecting to move to Forks, not when she hadn't been back there in years. She wasn't expecting to meet...
112K 2.1K 26
Just when Alex thought things were beginning to heal between her boyfriend, Jake and her....her sister is thrown into another dangerous situation tha...