Lara (Long-Fic Levihan | Armi...

By NathaliaCroft

Follow Lara's journey, an orphan girl of just ten years old, who joins the Survey Corps. Having Levi Ackerman... More

Important Notes (Please Read)
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Seven Days Before
Chapter 2 - A Child?!
Chapter 3 - Lara's Story
Chapter 4 - Tears
Chapter 5 - Responsibility
Chapter 6 - Nightmares
Chapter 07 - Experience
Chapter 8 - Affection
Chapter 9 - Lara's Plan That (Almost) Worked Out Well
Chapter 10 - Count on Me!
Chapter 11 - Return
Chapter 12 - New Life
Chapter 13 - Progress
Chapter 14 - Coward
Chapter 15 - Mother, Daughter
Chapter 16 - Denial
Chapter 17 - Rejection
Chapter 18 - Father, Daughter
Chapter 19 - No!
Chapter 20 - Pain
Chapter 21 - Shock
Chapter 22 - Recovery
Chapter 23 - Lara's Song
Chapter 25 - "Where Does it Hurt?"
Chapter 26 - I'm Back!
Chapter 27 - Year 850
Chapter 28 - You Guys?!
Chapter 29 - The Court
Chapter 30 - Fear
Chapter 31 - Invitation
Chapter 32 - In The Castle
Chapter 33 - Bad News
Chapter 34 - Levi, the Master of Investments
Chapter 35 - Female Titan
Chapter 36 - Losses
Chapter 37 - Trauma
Chapter 38 - Growing Up
Chapter 39 - Torture
Chapter 40 - Judgment
Chapter 41 - Mercy
Chapter 42 - Rescue
Chapter 43 - Family Name
Chapter 44 - Wait
Chapter 45 - Jealousy
Chapter 46 - Promoted
Chapter 47 - Counter Attack
Chapter 48 - Suture
Chapter 49 - Thunder Spear
Chapter 50 - Hero
Chapter 51 - Atomic Bomb
Chapter 52 - Memories
Chapter 53 - Panic
Chapter 54 - Bombardment
Chapter 55 - Improvisation
Chapter 56 - Massacre
Chapter 57 - Fury
Chapter 58 - Look Back
Chapter 59 - A True Friend
Chapter 60 - Torn
Chapter 61 - Levi's Decision
Chapter 62 - Grief
Chapter 63 - No More Waiting
Chapter 64 - Honeymoon
Chapter 65 - Vacation
Chapter 66 - Changes
Chapter 67 - The Ocean
Chapter 68 - Stay
Chapter 69 - Sorrows
Chapter 70 - Year 854
Chapter 71 - Accident
Chapter 72 - Care
Chapter 73 - New Chance
Chapter 74 - No Regrets
Chapter 75 - Gabi and Falco
Chapter 76 - Drawings
Chapter 77 - Engagement
Chapter 78 - Date
Chapter 79 - Family
Chapter 80 - Dedication
Chapter 81 - Attack
Chapter 82 - Meeting
Chapter 83 - Wine
Chapter 84 - Jaรซgerists
Chapter 85 - Dying
Chapter 86 - Blood
Chapter 87 - Rumbling
Chapter 88 - Repayment
Chapter 89 - Armin's Plan to Defeat Eren
Chapter 90 - A Different Proposal
Chapter 91 - Mikasa
Chapter 92 - Italy
Chapter 93 - Tiny-Human-Bean
Chapter 94 - Lots of News
Chapter 95 - Preparations and an Unexpected Proposal
Chapter 96 - Joined
Chapter 97 - Tuscany
Chapter 98 - Feeling
Chapter 99 - Love
Epilogue, by Levi Ackerman
Thank You

Chapter 24 - The Festival

427 15 7
By NathaliaCroft

In the seventh week of her treatment, Lara was discharged. The Survey Corps soldiers lined up in the corridor of the infirmary and Lara passed through them on Mike's piggyback, while receiving a round of applause for her excellent recovery.

To celebrate it, Lara asked Hange and Levi if they could take her to a festival that would take place in Trost District the next weekend. She had heard one of the nurses talk about it and got very excited, because the tutors of the orphanage had never taken her to a festival before, for the lack of money to pay for the food and games from the tents to all the children.

Hange and Levi agreed and on Saturday morning, they left in a carriage heading to Trost. It would take them about forty minutes to get to the festival and Lara was elated. She had only ridden a carriage once in her life, and now was loving the experience, going from one window to the other every five minutes, enjoying the landscape.

Levi and Hange sat one in front of the other, he in his typical black suit and white cravat around his neck, and Hange in a casual outfit: beige pants and white shirt. Lara wore a simple blue dress, which Levi had to buy recently, as some of the clothes they had bought when Lara came to live at the Survey Corps HQ were already starting to be too small for her.

At certain moments, Levi would block Lara's passage from one side of the carriage to the other, just for the simple pleasure of irritating her.

When they arrived at the festival, Lara never imagined that there could be so much fun happening in only one place, and just like she did when she saw Levi fight the Titans for the first time on the way to Shiganshina, when she spotted all the tents and toys, she clenched her fists, squeezing them and desperately waving her arms, in a sign of pure excitement.

If there is one word that would best describe the festival, it would be "colorful". Flags of different colors crossed the streets, above the tents, which were an exception themselves. In each one that Lara visited, she would find something new.

There was a section for food tents, another for games, and another for tents selling knick-knacks. In an open field, there was an area for outdoor games, such as sack races, tug of war, and dancing. In addition to also having a large stage in the center of the festival, where throughout the whole day, theater and music performances took place.

Hange, Levi, and Lara spent the morning exploring the game tents, such as ringtoss, pinning the tail on the donkey, and fishing. At a certain shooting game tent, Lara had hit the target, but the owner denied it, refusing to give the prize, which was a stuffed horse, like the one Lara rode in the Survey Corps.

Slowly, Levi took the shotgun toy from Lara's hands, put in some fake ammunition, and with an impassive look, hit not only Lara's target again, but all the other targets as well, leaving the owner with an expression of total bewilderment. Two minutes later, Lara was running through the row of tents, lifting her new stuffed horse above her head.

At lunchtime, they tried a variety of different foods and in Lara's opinion, her favorite dessert was chocolate-dipped strawberries.

After lunch, Lara wanted to participate in the games located in the open area of the festival. Excited, she joined one of the children's teams for a tug of war competition. Hange and Levi noticed that Lara had displayed a certain competitive behavior sometimes, but nothing too extreme. However, Lara became so immersed in the competitive spirit of the game, that you could see the veins in her eyes, so eager she was to win it.

With even a certain violence, Lara pulled the rope with all her strength and still glared at the children who, in her opinion, were too wimpy. Levi watched the scene with perplexity and, to his greatest surprise, by his side, Hange was shouting encouraging phrases to Lara, in the same intensity of euphoria as the girl.

At one point, if Levi didn't grab her, Hange herself would have joined the competition alongside Lara, for she also thought those other kids were very wimp. With a scream of fury, Lara gave a final tug that made nearly all the children on the other side of the rope fall flat on their faces.

By late afternoon, Lara was lying her head on a table, exhausted. They were seated at a small table for four. Hange and Levi sat side by side, while Lara sat next to her stuffed horse on the other, which occupied the remaining empty seat. Then, a young man approached Levi and Hange, offering a brochure. Lara watched the lad continue to hand out the brochures to people on other tables.

"What's this?" she asked, going around the table and wedging herself between her parents.

"It's an ad of a house for sale," replied Hange.

Lara took a good look at the brochure. On it, there was a drawing of a very beautiful country house, all made of wood and surrounded by pine trees. A pretty sunset appeared from behind the mountains and trees, giving a cozy look to the place.

"Wow!" exclaimed Lara, looking at the drawing more closely, "It's gorgeous! Hey, dad! Why don't you buy this house for us?"

Levi looked at the drawing on the brochure. Truly, it was a beautiful place.

"You have to be careful with these ads," he said, "they usually exaggerate a little in the aspects of the things they want to sell."

"I'm not so sure about it, Levi..." replied Hange, holding her chin while observing the drawing, "I've seen some houses in the countryside, and they are just like that." Hange brought the brochure closer so she could analyze the floor plan, drawn in one of the corners of the paper, "Wow, it's very large! It has... Four bedrooms!"

"We can even have that puppy you've been promising me, right, dad?" asked Lara, looking sarcastically at Levi.

"I really wanna see who's gonna clean the 'things' of this puppy you two talk about so much," said Hange, "In my opinion, a cat would be better."

"Well," Lara took her stuffed horse, "while you both decide it, I'll go get more strawberries, does anyone want some?"

They declined it and Lara asked Levi for money. He said that this would be her last dessert of the day and that when they got back to the HQ, she would have to brush her teeth. Grimacing, Lara headed towards her strawberries.

Hange and Levi remained silent for a while, analyzing the brochure. Hange noticed that Levi was glancing at her from time to time, and then she stared at him, as if asking what he wanted to say.

"What are you so thoughtful about?" Levi finally asked, pointing to the brochure with his head.

"Oh, right..." replied Hange, with a smile, "I'm just thinking about how we could do a lot of cool things in this house."

"Like what?"

Hange lifted the brochure in front of her eyes, analyzing it while holding her chin.

"As it has so many rooms, I thought that one of them could be my laboratory," she pointed to a specific part of the brochure. "Look at this kitchen, it's huge! We can make a big pantry for your teas, don't you think?" Hange leaned her elbow on the table, contemplative. "I imagine us on a Saturday like today, in a place like this..." she paused for a few seconds, and continued with a smile, "We could wake up at any time we wanted, and we would spend the whole day having fun in the yard... And at night, you would cook a nice meal, 'cause you know I'm a disaster on this matter... Then we could play some board games, and when Lara gets sleepy, we would put her in her bedroom, and then, because of your insomnia, you and I would spend the whole night making love and–"

Hange practically jumped on her chair, covering her mouth with both hands. Levi stared at her with the purest expression of perplexity.

"I-I-I..." stuttered Hange, drying her hands on her pants, "I-I mean..."

For her great relief, Lara came back with a bowl of chocolate-dipped strawberries. The girl sat down and looked at her parents, who were very red.

"Hmm, lemme guess..." said Lara, eating a strawberry, "Did one of you say something embarrassing?" she rested her wooden fork on her chin, "Look, I may have been your daughter for a short time, but I wasn't born yesterday. I bet it was mommy, am I right?"

Stuttering, Hange told her to eat the strawberries quietly and glanced at Levi, which only made them both blush even more. Lara finished eating her dessert chuckling softly.

Lara slept in the first five minutes of the way back to the HQ, in the carriage. Hange and Levi spent the entire ride feeling very tense, as the carriages' interiors were usually small and whenever they passed on an unevenness of the road, their legs would touch, making them blush.

It was late at night when they arrived at the girls' bedroom to put Lara to sleep. Just this once, Levi allowed her not to brush her teeth, but that tomorrow, she would have to brush them twice.

With Lara on her bed, Hange followed Levi to the door. Before heading out into the corridor, he suddenly turned around.

"Would you like to have tea with me?"

"Y-Yes..." replied Hange, faster than she should have.

They went down to the HQ kitchen in complete silence. While Levi served the tea, they would ask themselves a few questions about work, but both always replied with very short and objective answers.

Sitting at the table, Hange couldn't take her eyes off her teacup, staring at it as if it was the most interesting Titan in the world. Levi was watching her.

"So..." he started, taking a sip, "Did you like that house?"

Hange choked, but put herself together in a matter of a few seconds.

"Y-Yes!" she replied anxiously, "It seems to be... Airy."

"Airy?"

"Yes. The windows make it look very well ventilated," Hange waved her hands, as if simulating the wind.

Levi chuckled and in one gulp, drank all the tea that was left in his cup, standing up to wash it on the sink. Hange listened to the sounds of Levi washing the dishes behind her chair and clasped her hands so tightly, her knuckles turned white. With eyes wide opened, she kept staring at her cup of tea.

Suddenly, she felt a chill down her spine so intense, she thought someone had thrown cold water on her back. As if she was frozen, Hange noticed that Levi was leaning beside her, his mouth almost touching her ear.

"I'm gonna buy that house," whispered Levi.

Hange shivered all over as she felt his breath come into her ear. She turned suddenly to see him, but Levi was already walking casually towards the kitchen door, getting out of sight.

In a jump, she stood up from the chair, almost dropping it on the floor, and stopped in the doorway, looking for Levi. He was about to turn the corner when Hange exclaimed:

"Are you serious?!"

Levi just looked at her with a cheeky smile on his lips and disappeared through the corridors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 400 23
Yn Ln is a 30 years old girl that live in a apartment when one day a baby girl was left in her door step. Yn wanting to have a family in a long time...
323K 9.3K 47
๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด. ๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ...
532K 15.1K 35
๐™ก๐™š๐™ซ๐™ž ๐™–๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™ง๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ญ ๐™ค๐™˜ mae vogel is a strong, independent, and persistently stubborn girl, trying to free herself from an unforgiving past...
4.3K 150 33
Armin X OC After her traumatic experience from the first colossal titan attack of 845, 15-year-old Zaryia Whitlock decides to join the 104th cadet c...