Chasing Tide (A Merman's Tale...

By AlphaKelly

One of the most painful things on earth is to lose a loved one. Whether in death or heartbreak. It's a pain d... More

COVERS.
PROLOGUE.
WRONG FOR LOVE.
FLASHBACK AND HEARTACHE.
SEPARATION
A FRIEND.
INVITE ME IN.
THE GREAT CITY OF AQUARIAL.
TIDEIAN'S TROUBLE.
PLOT AGAINST TIDE.
BIRTHDAY GIRL.
MOUNTAIN TEARS.
MISLED
NAGA.
LOVE DOOMED TO FAIL.
HI, DADDY.
STORYLINE GONE WRONG.
HEART ACHES FOR XANDER.
WANDERING SOULPEARL.
WHITE PRINCE.
MADDENINGLY ALLURING.
NOT GAY.
DIONDRA.
DEATH OF A TIDEIAN.
MON FRÈRE.
STILL WATERS, UNDISTURBED.
JE T'AIME.
HELL OR HEAVEN.
IT COULD BE BOTH.
A FATAL COLLISION.
STUTTERING LASHES.
SEXY MOTHERFUCKER.
ENOUGH PLAYTIME.
A KING'S WRATH.
DUMB KIDS.
HIS MERMAN.
IDIOT XANDER.
CONCEAL A DEAD BODY.
NOT A MERMAID.
WANNA HANG AROUND AND FIND OUT?
CHASING TIGER.
WAITING. WATCHING. FEELINGS.
HE MELTED MY HOUSE!
ATANA'S LINK.
KISSING A MERMAN VERSION OF MATTHEW.
DRUNK MATTHEW.
TALES OF UNKNOWN.
TREASURES FROM SEA.
ATANA'S TIDEIAN.
THAW HIS ICY HEART.
TO MATE A HUMAN.
HOW WICKED.
UNINVITED GUEST.
UNDRESS ME.
UNWELL.
ONLY MATTHEW.
MARIA.
DISTRACTION.
SHARING HIS ESSENCE.
GET THE JOB.
MEETING FALCON.
INNOCENT ALEXANDER.
MISSING FALCON.
OBEY.
HURTING FROM BOTH ENDS.
LUNCH DATE.
MR. BLABBERMOUTH.
LET'S PLAY A GAME.
NOW YOU UNDERSTAND.
HE IS FALCON.
BE MY SUBMISSIVE.
DAZZLE ME.
SUGAR DADDY.
ALEXANDRE.
CLOTHES OFF.
ANIMALISTIC CRAVINGS.
MON ALEXANDRE.
PROSTHETIC BUMP.
EPIC SHTUP.
MURDEROUS INTENT.
TROPHY BODY.
LOST YOU ONCE.
LOVERS QUARREL.
SEARING JEALOUSY.
YOUR LINK.
ALMOST.
STRANGER'S FLAME.
EAGER FOR MORE.
SLUT.
LITTLE ALLISON.
MICHAEL AND EASTON.
KISSES AND PASSION.
SO FUCKING DANGEROUS.
UNCHARTED TERRITORY.
DEAD HEART.
EXPOSED.
GIFT BAG.
COLLAR ME.
KNEEL.
COME UNDONE.
MAKE A MESS OF YOU.
HARDER TIDE.
MEMORIES.
CURIOSITY BLINDS THE MERMAN.
PEARLMATE.
CHASING TIDE.
TREATS FOR HIS SOULPEARL.
RUNNING AFTER HIM.
HIS LOVE FOR THE HUMANS.
MERDRAGON'S WORDS.
SOUL BONDING.
DEATH OF ALEXANDER.
FIGHTS AND VICTORY.
SOULSPLIT.
INVITATION.
GETTING TO KNOW HIM.
THE WINERY.
SURPRISE PICNIC.
SUNSET AND DINNER.
WAKING UP BESIDE HIM.
HUNGRY FOR HIM.
NO MORE CHASING.
YOU'RE KILLING ME.
LYING LOVER.
CHEATER CHEATED.
THAT ONE FRIEND.
SHE KNOWS.
THE PERFECT ANNIHILATION.
NAGA'S VISIT.
KIDNAPPED.
GRUDGE.
TRAGEDY.
SOULMATES.
BAD JOKE.
A BIT OF HER OWN MEDICINE.
SWEET KARMA.
SHOT.
WALKING WITH HIM.
PROPOSAL.
HAUNTED BY THE TRUTH.
THE POINT WHERE I LOVE AND HATE YOU.
FUNERAL.
WORLDS AWAY.
OSMOTIC EXPLOSION.
TIDEIAN'S RETURN.
GRADUATION.
MATTHEW IS MISSING.
PROPOSAL.
VISITING THE PARENTS.
I DO.
DEVOUR HIM.
SÜPERORGASM.
HOME, AT LAST, MY LOVE.

FALCON.

276 48 60
By AlphaKelly

Chapter: 26.
*********

"Are you ready?" Easton asked, peeking into the room to find Alexander pushing his left foot into his shoe.

"So?" He asked, standing while adjusting his belt. "Do I look presentable?" He inquired.

"Wow, don't think I have seen you in corporate wear before," Easton replied, it was clear he liked what he was seeing. "You look more than presentable."

Alexander smiled, brushing his hands on his shirt. "Thanks, man."

Looking around as if he was searching for something, Easton moved closer until he was standing face to face with the other. He stood in front of him and just admired him for a while then gently raised both hands to Alexander's tie and began strengthening it. "You still didn't learn how to knot a tie, did you?" He was amused.

"The last time I was in a tie was on my wedding day-"

"Shhh!" Easton whispered, one finger pressed into Alexander's lips cutting his words off. "No bad memories today, big boy, it will jinx the day." He reprimanded and Alexander just laughed.

"You idiot." He shoved him playfully but the other didn't budge, his hands still gripped the tie he worked on.

"Everyone is an idiot." Easton snorted then patted his chest. "All set." He muttered. "Let's go, we are already running late."

The drive to Falcon was a peaceful one. They barely shared a few chats, asking about random things and laughing. Once they parked in the parking lot made for employees of the Falcon, Easton got out and so did Alexander.

"Man, I didn't realize this place was this big." He yelled looking around in administration.

Easton chuckled, "You haven't even been here before." He remembered and Alexander just shrugged and began walking towards the sliding glass doors. They barely talk about work, it could be to the fact that since he was jobless Easton wouldn't want to rub work in his face all the time knowing he doesn't have a job. Understanding Easton and how his mind worked, Alexander knew he purposely skipped any conversation about work.

Pushing into the first floor he swirled around, mouth agape as he took in the magnificent space.

"Whoever owns this place sure loves their gold, don't they?" He muttered, the huge chandelier was made of gold, the curtains, tiles, front desk down to the many sofas in the waiting areas. "They're obsessed with the color." He mumbled.

"You wouldn't believe how much of those are actual real gold." Easton disclosed coming to stand beside him.

"Well, it is the largest Automotive Industry in the world so I wouldn't be very surprised." Alexander let out, picking a seat and relaxing his ass. "I'm glad you finished school. If not, how would you have landed a job in a place like this, huh!" He tossed about on the sofa, feeling up the layers and smiling up at Easton. "I think the materials are made of gold-" the rest of his words faded when a beautiful little lady came bouncing towards them.

"Good morning, Team Leader." Both Alexander and Easton looked at the approaching lady. She was neatly dressed in her formal wear, her shirt smoothly tucked into her skirt, a pair of black stilettos on her feet, a file was pressed into her bosom and she wore round glasses.

"Sally," Easton smiled at the lady. "Good morning. You seem distressed?" He observed. "Is anything the matter?" He was starting to worry.

"Mr. Falcon suddenly showed up this morning and he is requesting all leaders in the boardroom for an important briefing which he will be overseeing!" She reported and immediately, Easton turned towards Alexander. "I really have to go" he whispered apologetically and Alexander nodded in understanding. "Sally, please, take my friend to HR. Tell her he is the one I told her about, thank you." He said, moving past her with purpose. It's almost his second year in Falcon and not once has the man visited whatever it was that had brought him must be overly important.

Alexander watched his friend hurry away and disappeared into a nearby elevator.

"Please, follow me." She offered and Alexander rose with a nod.

"So, Mr. Falcon, the owner of FAI?" He interrogated as he trailed behind.

"Yes, Sir, it's a sudden visit, he is usually never here. I have been an employee for four years and I have only met him twice, whatever he needed to deliver himself must be very important." She told him and he nodded. "Wait here, sir." She implored and proceeded to knock once at a gold door.

Really obsessed with that color.

What Easton said about most of them being real gold came to his mind and he wondered if the doors too were made out of gold. The thought made him chuckle sheepishly but he quickly smothered the expression when Sally addressed him.

"She is ready to see you." She ushered him in and turned to leave. "Good luck, sir."

Alexander made his way into the elegant-looking space and immediately spotted the lady behind her desk, files and papers crammed her desk; it looked as though she was lost amongst paperwork.

"I'm sorry, it's a busy day around here today, please, have a seat, I will attend to you shortly." She spoke without looking away from her computer.

He nodded and spotted a nice armchair by the glass walls. Once he had sat down, he picked up a magazine resting on the table right in front of him. Flipping through, it was filled with pictures of cars, trucks, buses, industrial machineries, electric motors, robotic cars, their numerous parts, and prices. He was amazed at each chapter he uncovers, the more beauty he reveals. He was impressed with Falcon and it would feel amazing to be employed here. Two pages to the end of the magazine he spotted a robotic car. It was sheer beauty but what had him gasping was when he spotted the name of the car.

White Prince.

That had him in shock for obvious reasons. But before he could dwell on the thought the lady addressed him.

"Yes, I will see you now." He snapped his eyes forward to the lady already walking towards him. "I'm Luciana Perris," she extended her hand and he stood on his feet before taking her hand gently into his.

"Alexander Rodriguez." He returned with a quick bow and she smiled slightly.

"Please," she gestured to his seat and he waited for her to sit before taking his own seat. "Mr. Easton, has assured me of your capacity and he didn't wish that I trouble you too much, so just tell me when you think would be convenient enough to resume." She offered gently and he gawked at her confused.

"Um...," he swallowed. "Is that it?" He asked with uncertainty, lacing each word.

"Yes, that will be all." She stated, paying little to no interest in his shocked expression. "Do you want Sally to show you to your department? She will give you first pointers for the next two weeks and report back to me." She explained further and Alexander could feel tears starting to burn at the corners of his eyes. "Despite Easton's vote of confidence I would still place you on a two weeks probation and at the end of the two weeks, whatever good reports Sally serves would determine a permanent employment."

"Yes!" He nodded eagerly.

"Good luck with your training and please, be on your best behavior Mr. Alexander, Easton had said so much about you, you wouldn't want to disappoint him."

"Yes!" He nodded again.

"If that would be all-"

"Um, please, one moment." He started and she paused midway from getting out of her chair.

"What is it, Mr. Alexander?" She asked and watched him grab the magazine and flipped to the page then carefully handed it over to her while pointing to the White Prince. "Yes, Mr. Easton is a very talented young man, this was his most recent presentation and the scientists ate it up, it hasn't been commissioned yet but it could be made official by the end of today's meeting with Falcon."

"Wow!" Alexander breathed out in both pride and amazement. This would be a big breakthrough for Easton.

"You are his friend, yes." She asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Yes, and I know where you're going, we don't often talk about his work but he had mentioned a few weeks ago about this project he named White Prince." He chuckled softly, remembering why he had called it white prince. Damn, he should have asked further questions.

"I see." She rose and turned towards her table. "That would be all." She dismissed and sauntered down to her working desk.

Alexander sat back down and eyed the futuristic car, he couldn't wait to see Easton and ask him how he had come about this idea. This was beyond amazing.

Back to his interview that had gone a lot better than he had imagined, he didn't even give his file to be examined. This had to be the easiest interview he has been to and in such an establishment no less. He owes Easton so much. What had he said to her that she didn't even bother to interview him? He must be respected in this place if what he told her carried this much weight. Of course, he had to be respected, he could be the creator of White Prince! Once he gets permanent employment, he sure will start working towards getting back to school.

It's never too late.

His attention returned to the woman who was speaking into the smart device on her desk.

"Yes, Sally, he's all yours."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488 38 16
In the ominous depths of darkness, his words echoed like a sinister melody. "You don't even know why you're here. Escape is futile. Pain will be your...
239K 17.8K 21
Book 3 of Beneath the Waves Being left alone for days on end was never something Fri looked forward to. After having just gotten back his one true fr...
8.8K 1K 24
A prisoner to a pack of monsters for nearly a month now, I've been biding my time for the perfect moment to escape. Because I only get one attempt to...
755 32 29
COMPLETED I was caught in the net, with no hope of escape. As the net broke the surface, four men shouted in alarm. One called for someone to come up...