Crystal Hearts (Kimetsu No Ya...

By Silver-Tigress

Naomi Suishou Homura is the only survivor of her family's massacre by a demon. After spending two years train... More

Cast
Character Profile
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 1
Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 2
Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 3
Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 4
Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 5
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
New Book!!

Chapter 29

236 6 5
By Silver-Tigress

Naomi's P. O. V:

I sit, slumped, next to Tengen. My crystallisation has been lost since Tengen dragged me to safety. There was such destruction as I feel my body going numb from the poison.

"At this rate, I don't think I'll..." I think as I trail off.

"Nooooo!" Suma cries, tears flying from her eyes as snot hangs from her nose. She, Makio and Hinatsuru are gathered around Tengen and I. "Please don't die! Please don't die on us, Tengen-sama! Not after you managed to survive! Not after you won! I can't take it! I can't take it! How are we supposed to deal with demon poison? The antidote's not working! The gods are so cruel! So cruel!"

Suma, Hinatsuru and Makio have tried to cure the demon poison, but none of the antidote has worked. Makio and Hinatsuru are also in tears.

Tengen, blood over his s left eye, mouth and head, parts of his body blotched with purple like mine is, says stiffly, "I have some last words to leave you. My life until now—"

"If you let Tengen-sama die, I'm never going to pray to you again!" Suma cuts in angrily. "No way will I ever forgive you, you hear me?"

She is oblivious to Makio who is glaring with animated, whited triangles in her eyes, a tick mark on her right temple, and body trembling violently. The black and blonde haired girl bursts out, "Shut the hell up! Can't you hear Tengen-sama talking? I'm so going to stuff your mouth with rocks, you moron!"

Makio grabs the top of Suma's head and proceeds to shove rocks in her mouth.

"Both of you, quiet down!" Hinatsuru tries to say.

Holding back Makio's hand, Suma cries, "Makio's tormenting me!"

"Shut up, dumbass!" Makio snaps as Suma throws the rocks away.

I close my eyes as I smile slightly. "I'm sorry, Yu-kun, but it looks like I'm not going to make it home, after all..." I think, hearing the girls arguing.

"You really put them in my mouth!" Suma complains.

"Listen, cut it out, I said!" Makio snaps as I feel my tongue going stiff. "Cut it out, I said! Don't spit them out!"

I open my eyes when the arguing stops to see Nezuko in her child form, a new gag around her mouth, patting Hinatsuru's arm to get the brunette's attention.

"What?" Hinatsuru utters as Nezuko steps over to the Sound Hashira. She places her hand on his arm...

... and his body is literally set on fire.

We all gape as Suma screams fearfully, the pink flames swirling around Tengen's body.

The flames continue to swirl even as Suma snatches Nezuko and drags her away from Tengen.

"What do you think you're doing? Who are you, anyway? It's way too soon to be cremating him! How can you burn him already when he's not even dead yet?" Suma yells, tears still falling from her eyes. "I'm going to spank you! I'm very angry with you, young lady!"

"Hold up a second," Says Tengen, gaining his wives' attention. The pink flames have now vanished. But he appears to be unharmed by them. He sits up a little straighter, shock and confusion on his features. "How do you explain this?" A smile settles on Tengen's lips as he puts his hand to his head. "The poison's left my body!"

"Tengen-sama!" Suma, Hinatsuru and Makio cry happily as they hug him.

"I'm so relieved! Truly!" Sobs Makio.

"You three..." Tengen smiles. "Sorry to make you worry."

I say with a flat expression, still slumped beside the Sound Hashira, sarcasm dripping in my voice, "Oh, sure, go ahead and celebrate, guys. Don't mind me, I'm just slowly being consumed by demon poison, along with my baby! You just keep celebrating while I die here... without getting to see my Giyu-kun again!"

This makes everyone form a large sweat drop. Nezuko stares at me with wide, fearful eyes. She gasps as she dashes up to me and places her hand on my arm, just as Nezuko had done to Tengen. I don't flinch as the pink flames swirl around me.

I feel amazement bubble within me as the demon poison is being burned away. After a heartbeat or two, the flames die down. I gaze down at my hand in shock, before I look back up at the fuschia eyed girl.

I smile softly at her as I say, "You're really something else, Nezuko-chan. I really don't feel the poison now. Thank you."

With crushing relief swimming in her eyes, Nezuko throws herself on me in a fierce hug. I chuckle softly as I hug her back.

Tanjiro smiles softly at us as he explains, "I think that Nezuko's Blood Demon Art ignited the poison, burning it away. Not that I'm really sure how it works." The ravenette nods her head, steam puffing from her nose. "But, please, stay still, or wounds won't heal. I'm so glad that you survived, especially you, Naomi. Gyutaro was going to torture you when we fell from the roof, but I stopped him before he could harm the baby."

I stare at Tanjiro in shock before a grateful smile crosses my lips. "Thank you, Tanjiro-kun."

Tengen says as Nezuko goes back to her brother, "How can this even be possible? It's all so confusing."

Suma cries to Nezuko, "Thank you!"

I tell Tanjiro, "Hey, you better not move either, or you'll die!"

"Thank you!" Suma repeats tearfully.

"I'm going to look for the demon's heads," Tanjiro tells us seriously. He furrows his brows. "I can't rest easy until I find them."

"Be careful, Tanjiro-kun," I say. He nods and sits on Nezuko's shoulders. The demon girl then leaves with Tanjiro to search for the demon sibling's heads, leaving me with Tengen and his wives while we wait for backup.

🗡🗡🗡

"I see. Six, huh," Obanai Iguro muses as his white snake slithers around his neck, the Serpent Hashira standing before us. "That would be the lowest of the Upper Ranks. Well, Six or not, you still defeated an Upper Rank, so yes, congratulations are in order. Right, Six or not." My gaze is glued into a death glare at him. I don't know what it is, but I could never stand the Serpent Hashira. He always grates at my nerves. "I don't mind offering you my praise."

Tengen responds, "Well, not that your pride will do anything for me."

"That's right!" Suma snaps.

I tell Obanai flatly, unimpressed, "You sure took your time getting here!"

Suma stutters, scooting forwards while jabbing a finger at Obanai, "Y-Y-You took too long to get here! Way too long!" The white snake around Obanai's neck lets out a vicious hiss. Suma jumps back and hugs her husband, a scared expression on her face. "Scary!"

Obanai questions, pointing at him, "What are you going to do now that you've lost your left hand and left eye? How long will it take you to return to duty after battling this lowly Upper Six? Who's going to fill in for you until then?"

Suma hisses as she hugs Tengen and replies, eyes closed, "I'm retiring. There's just no way I can still fight. I'm sure the Master will accept that."

"Don't be ridiculous," Says Obanai. "I refuse to accept that. As it is, too many of the youngsters are dying on us before reaching their potential. There's still a vacant Hashira spot now that Rengoku's gone. Even someone as uninspiring as you would be better than nothing at all. Battle on until you die."

As Hinatsuru tries to shove Sumaoff of Tengen, he retorts, "Nope, there is a youngster who's about to reach his potential for sure." Hinatsuru finally manages to throw Suma away, making me sweat drop a little.

I add knowingly, "That young guy you hate." This makes Obanai's yellow snd blue eyes widen with disbelief.

"Hey... no way. Then, he survived? This battle? That Tanjiro Kamado?"

I nod my head with a smile.

After the Serpent Hashira leaves to report to the Master, Suma, Hinatsuru and Makio help their husband to their feet before Hinatsuru comes over to me to offer to help me up.

I gratefully accept and she supports me with an arm over her shoulders, one of her arms around my waist, and the five of us start to leave the demolished Yoshiwara District, my nichirin sword back in its sheath.

I hiss as the girls help Tengen and I walk, "Oh, damn! This hurts like hell!" I add to Hinatsuru, a sheepish smile on my face, "Listen, Hina-chan, I'm sorry to be such a bother like this. You'd probably want to be helping your husband a lot more, huh?"

"No, no! Don't be silly! You're not only injured like Tengen-sama, but pregnant, too! I don't mind helping you walk, Naomi-chan," The pretty brunette replies with a closed eye smile.

I return it with my own grateful one.

Suma says, tears still leaking down her face, as she has one of his arms over her shoulders, "But thank goodness, Tengen-sama!"

Makio adds, supporting Tengen's other arm, "Really. Thank goodness you're alive."

"So, it will be all five of us returning intact, right?" Hinatsuru asks in her soft voice.

Tengen says as he smiles, "Yeah. First we'll drop Nao off at the Butterfly Estate. Then let's go home to a hero's welcome." Tengen raises his head. "And be flashy about it!"

I say, "I'm really going to miss you, Tengen-kun. Things will be different without you around."

Tengen replies flippantly, "I'm sure you'll find some way to be flashy without me, Nao."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.4K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | slow...
187K 7.4K 21
He remembered the day he first saw her. She was breathtaking. He felt as if his worries were all gone. It was as if he was living in a peaceful world...
2K 64 14
In this alternate universe, two rivaling clans agree to make peace to fight of a political leader trying to take over their land. However, during the...
58.9K 2.6K 12
She was bright, cheerful, kind. Patient and understanding. Those were the traits that got everybody loved about her. But little did they knew, the se...