Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, Part 5

Naomi's P. O. V:

After getting home, I immediately go and sit on the porch facing the pond to sing to myself while I wait for Giyu to return.

By now, news of Kyojurou's death has reached the other Hashira and the Master. An aura of sadness settles over both the Master's estate and the Butterfly Estate.

I've been singing to myself for hours, waiting for Giyu to return, and by now, the moon has risen and it was well past midnight.

"Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da-da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da-da-da
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray
Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed (I would pray)
I could breakaway
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da-da-da
Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
I won't forget all the ones that I love
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me, but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway
I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Breakaway
Breakaway"

I finish singing and close my eyes, feeling tears break free from under my eyelids. I feel like all I've done since getting back is crying, but losing Kyojurou just reminded me of my brother's death...

"Naomi-chan," Says a soft male voice. I turn my head to see Giyu standing behind me, his features illuminated by the moonlight shining down on the yard. There's a knowing look in his blue eyes, and I knew he'd received news of Kyojurou's death as well.

Feeling immense relief at the sight of my boyfriend, I jump to my feet and throw myself against Giyu's chest in a hug

Feeling immense relief at the sight of my boyfriend, I jump to my feet and throw myself against Giyu's chest in a hug. He immediately wraps his arms around me and lets me cry into his chest. I let out all the sadness, pain and frustration from last night's mission, but Giyu continues to hold me and stroke my hair soothingly, gently shushing me as he does. My body quivers as I cry into Giyu's chest, as I was shaken up by my friend's death this morning.

"I couldn't... I couldn't save him..." I sob as Giyu strokes my long pink hair soothingly. He gently shushes me but I go on. "It's just like with Mamoru-nii-san. I couldn't save him, and now I couldn't save Kyo-kun! Some Hashira I am. I'm so weak...."

"Hey," Giyu says gently, looking down at me. "Look at me, Naomi." Giyu cups my chin and gently tilts my head up to meet his gaze. "You're not weak. You may not be the strongest, but what you lack in strength, you make up for in speed. You're even faster than Shinobu, and that's something you should be proud of. So, don't beat yourself up over what happened with Rengoku, okay? It wasn't your fault, and no one here blames you."

As I gaze up at him, Giyu wipes the tears away from my face. I nod my head in agreement and Giyu cups my cheek before he leans toward me. I close my eyes as our lips meet in a deep but sweet kiss, warmth flooding my body.

Giyu continues to kiss me softly under the moonlit porch as his arm comes around my waist and I feel his fingers pressing my tailbone, bringing me closer and deepening the kiss.

We continue to kiss softly under the moonlight, even as I feel more tears leaking down my cheeks.

We soon had to break for air and Giyu holds me against him, hand stroking my hair again. Giyu asks me, "Do you feel better now?"

"A little..." I sniffle once more before I flick my gaze up to Giyu's. "Giyu-kun, on the mission, we encountered an Upper Rank Moon demon. It not only wanted to turn Kyo-kun into a demon, but me as well." Giyu gasps as his eyes widen slightly. "He said that if I did, then Kibujutsi would likely spare my life. The demon also wanted to... to make me his once I turned. But I... But I refused! Because I only belong to you, Yu-kun. No one else."

I shake my head as I hug him again, and I feel Giyu tighten his arms around me protectively

"I'm glad you told me, Naomi-chan. I promise you, that for as long as I live, I'll protect you. I won't let any demon take you away from me, because you're mine. I love you, and I refuse to let you go," Giyu says firmly, burying his face in my hair and inhaling my scent.

"Thank you... Yu-kun," I whisper.

Giyu and I remain like this under the moonlit porch for a long while, enjoying the warmth of each other's arms.

As I stay like this, I feel as though nothing in the whole world could hurt me.

Not even that demon.