Chapter 22

Naomi's P. O. V:

Four months have passed since Kyojurou's death, and during those four months, I'd discovered I was pregnant—with Giyu's child.

Ever since that discovery, Giyu has become even more protective of me. He'd almost argued with Tengen when he came to me about this mission, but Giyu had threatened him into protecting me with his life, otherwise he'd have my newly wedded husband to deal with.

I remember exactly how it happened, and it makes me flushed everytime I do. But neither Giyu nor I could be happier.

"Let me go...!" Naho yells as she's held under Tengen Uzui's left arm, with Aoi thrown over his shoulder. "I said...!"

Tengen says unvaryingly, "You're noisy, so shut up."

I watch with a flat expression as Kiyo begs, "Stop! Please!"

Sumi adds, "Please, let her go!"

Aoi reaches out a hand for me and Kanao, standing silently beside me, and gasps, "K... Kanao! N-Naomi...!"

"Kanao...! Naomi...!" Both Aoi and Naho shout desperately.

I say sternly, causing the white haired man to freeze, "Tengen Uzui, put those girls down this instant! You're being too rough, and I already told you that they're not coming with us on this mission—it's too dangerous."

Getting over his initial fear, Tengen turns his head to look at me as he says, "Awe, come on, Nao! You've got no flare at all! We need these girls! It took me a whole lot of convincing to get Tomioka to let you to come with me."

"And that's why we don't need these girls. Put them down, now!" I say, my voice beginning to rise, but I see more fear enter his gaze. The other girls gaze nervously at us. Even Tengen starts getting nervous by my death glare.

"What are you doing to those girls?! Let them go!" A male voice screams, causing us to whirl around. Tanjiro stands before us, taking in the sight of the Sound Hashira holding the two girls.

Naho cries, "Kidnapper! Help us!!"

Tengen hisses in annoyance, "You little brat!"

Just then, Tanjiro appears above Tengen and pulls his head back. I watch in anticipation as Tanjiro thrusts his head forwards, aiming to head hurt Tengen. However, with his ninja speed, the Sound Hashira was able to avoid the head butt, causing Tanjiro to connect his forehead with the stones.

"Are you okay?!" I gasp, my pink/purple eyes widening, as Kiyo runs up to him.

"Yeah!" Tanjiro says assuringly.

"Idiot!" Tengen mocks, causing all of us to whip our heads to the roof, where he's crouching with Aoi and Naho. "I am Tengen Uzui, a former ninja. I'm well known in that world. Do you think I'd let you hit me with a snotty head butt?!"

Kiyo demands, "Let go of Aoi and Naho, you kidnapper!"

"Yeah, yeah!!" Tanjiro chimes. "What's the big idea?!"

"Pervert!" Sumi exclaims.

"Why you...! Grrr! You talking to me?!" Tengen growls angrily. "I'm your superior officer! Imma Hashira, you jerk!"

"I don't recognise you as a Hashira! Hmph!" Tanjiro huffs.

This just infuriates the Sound Hashira further. "Don't you "Hmph!" me!! So what if you don't recognise me?! You're just an underling! Has your brain exploded?! I need a Corps member for a mission, so I'm taking her! She isn't a Tsukugo, so I don't need Kocho's permission!"