Chapter 32

Naomi's P. O. V:

A month has passed since the battle with th 12 Kizuki and Muzan Kibutsuji. My husband, as well as Sanemi and Tanjiro, ended up in a coma for a whole month. I'd given birth to a healthy baby girl on February 28, while my husband was still unconscious.

It was a bit stressful, without him there, but I'd had help during the birth from Nezuko, Aoi, Sumi, Kiyo and Naho.

I'd named my daughter Kimiko, and she looks just like me, with her pink hair and pink/purple eyes.

As of right now, one month later after the battle, I'm sitting on a chair with Kimiko in my arms as I watch over my husband. I'm wearing a long sleeved purple kimono with my hair in twin ponytails thrown over my shoulders. I'm also hugging his newly mended haori to my chest for comfort. It was so badly damaged during the fighting, but thanks to Nezuko's sewing skills, she was able to mend it.

I'm eternally grateful to her, and I know Giyu will be, too—when he wakes up

I murmur as I gaze sadly down at the sleeping Tomioka, "Please wake up, dear. I need you. Please, wake up... please..."

I fall silent as I sob and hold my daughter tighter.

"Hey. What's with the long face, Naomi-chan?" Comes a certain voice, causing me to look up with a gasp. Giyu's eyes are open and staring right at me—and our baby. Kimiko makes a happy sound as tears of joy spill from my eyes. A smile tugs at Giyu's lips. "Naomi-chan, why are you—"

I cut him off as I carefully throw myself forward and latch my free arm around Giyu's neck, hugging him as he sits up. Giyu pauses as I continue to cry out of pure joy.

"I'm just so, so relieved that you're awake! We both are, dear! I missed you so much, and I was so worried when they brought you back unconscious... I came everyday and had trouble eating and sleeping, but Nezuko-chan and Aoi made sure I did..." I trail off as another loud cry wrenches out of me.

Giyu smiles softly as he returns my embrace with his good left arm, the other having been torn off by Tanjiro when he'd been turned into a demon. I wasn't mad at him. I'm just eternally grateful that my husband made it back alive.

"Heeeyyy, what's all the ruckus about?" Grumbles an annoyed voice. "I'm trying to sleep, y' know..." I kiss Giyu's cheek, letting my lips linger for a couple more heartbeats, before I pull back and turn to Sanemi, sitting up in the bed next to the Water Hashira. He was frowning at me until I throw myself on him in fierce hug, too, startling him. "What the—?! Hey!"

"I'm so glad you're awake, too, Sanemi-kun!!" I cry. Eventually, he relaxes and returns my embrace. Hmmm, something's different about him... I won't ask Sanemi about it, though. He must've just changed since the battle.

We break the hug after a long moment and I wipe the tears from my eyes. Sanemi's eyes jerk wide the second he takes in the sight of my daughter. "It's a mini Naomi!" The white haired male gasps, eyes wide. It doesn't deter Kimiko's smile, though.