Chapter 9

Naomi's P. O. V:

I sit next to Giyu in our shared room after dinner as he gently kisses me, hand cupping my right cheek as I rest my hands against his chest.

We soon break apart, however, at a knock on the door.

Giyu looks annoyed at the interruption but he gets to his feet and goes to open the door. I turn my head to see the Insect Pillar.

"Oh. Did I come at a bad time?" She inquires, a teasing smirk coming to her lips. Heat rises to my face.

"No. What is it, Shinobu?" Giyu asks in a serious tone.

Shinobu responds, "We're being summoned—me, you snd Naomi-nee-chan."

"The three of us? Right now?" I question.

Shinobu's grin turns devious as she adds, "Unless you want me to tell the Master you're too busy...?"

Giyu's and I both stiffen before he says hurriedly, "We'll be there! Go ahead without us."

"Okay!" Shinobu chirps as she turns to walk down the hall.

Giyu lets out a sigh of annoyance. "I hate that she's always teasing us. We should get going..."

Giyu trails off as I go up to him and wrap my arms around him from behind, making the blue eyed male pause as I rest my head against his back.

Giyu relaxes as I murmur, "I hate that we have to leave, but we can continue this later, right?"

I hear a smile in his voice as Giyu responds, "Right."

We stay like that for two more minutes before Giyu gently grips my hands and removes them from around his waist. He keeps my right hand in his and casts me a soft smile.

"We should get going. We don't want to be late," Giyu tells me, and I nod my head.

He leads me from our room while shutting the door behind us and we make our way to the Master's mansion, next to the Butterfly Mansion.

In the room, I sit on Giyu's left with Shinobu on his right, the three of us sitting back on our heels, as the Master sits in the sliding door doorway, two white haired girls with violet eyes with him.

"You did well to return," Master says as he holds the Kusagai crow that had flown with a message and is now out of breath in his lap. Poor thing. "It would appear that... most of my children have been killed. We may very well find the Twelve Kizuki there. It will seem I'll have to send in some Hashira." The two white haired girls turn their heads to look back at us. "Giyu, Naomi, and Shinobu."

The three of us say in unison, "Understood."

Shinobu says, "If only humans and demons could get along with each other. Wouldn't you agree, Tomioka, Homura?"

 Wouldn't you agree, Tomioka, Homura?"