Chapter 30

Naomi's P. O. V:

I sit in the infirmary in the Butterfly Estate after having been escorted back by Tengen and his three wives. The Sound Hashira himself, along with an unconscious Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu sit in the bed next to mine as Shinobu examines my wounds.

"Well, I'd say, thanks to that amazing crystallisation ability of yours, and Nezuko's healing flames, the baby is safe," Shinobu says.

"It's all thanks to her that we survived," I say gratefully. The next time I see Nezuko, I'm gonna hug the life out of her.

"Alright. Well, I'll go and get medicine for you and the others," Says Shinobu, heading for the door.

Tengen asks me as he glances to me, "Hey, Naomi-chan, do you think Giyu will kill me when he arrives? Or do you think he'll be so relieved that he'll brush it off—for now?"

I giggle as I hear the door being thrown open, "I don't think you have anything to worry about—"

"Where is she?! Kocho—I was told Naomi-chan is back. Is she okay?!" Asks a frantic voice, gaining our attention. Giyu stands in the doorway, looking out of breath.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Shinobu asks, turning to me. I smile and wave towards my husband the second his eyes land on me.

"Hey, Giyu-kun."

In an instant, Giyu is striding across the room and has reached my bed. I blink my eyes when he envelopes me in a fierce hug, arms wrapping around my head protectively.

"I'm so glad you're back," He says as the others smile softly at us. I hug him back as I bury my face in Giyu's shoulder. "I thought... I thought..."

"Ssshhh," I murmur as I hear Shinobu leave, closing the door behind her. "I'm here. Tengen protected us, just like he said he would."

Giyu continues to hold me for another few moments. When he pulls back, Giyu snaps at Tengen, breaking his cool demeanour.

"This is why I didn't want you take her with you! I knew it would be dangerous! You could've gotten her and the baby killed!" Giyu was berating Tengen so harshly, his eyes animated white triangles, that the force behind the shouting causes Tengen's white hair to get blown back.

I gape at my husband in shock.

"Don't yell at Tengen-sama!" Suma snaps back, making Giyu blink his eyes rapidly. "He did protect Naomi! Just like he'd promised you!"

"G-Guys! Let's not shout, okay? We're in the infirmary," I try to say, holding up my hands placatingly.

Giyu calms down almost immediately and glares at the sheepish Sound Hashira. "You're just lucky you brought her back alive, Uzui."

Tengen forms a large sweat drop as Giyu turns and hugs me protectively. I pat his arm comfortingly.

Giyu rests a hand on my belly and says, "I'm glad you made it back, too." Pulling back the sheets, Giyu affectionately kisses my growing belly, making me smile softly at him.

Giyu then perches on the chair beside my bed and holds my hand in both of his.

I lean forwards and kiss his lips sweetly, having missed him so much during my mission.

Then Giyu and I chat while we wait for Shinobu to return with the antidote.

🗡🗡🗡

Two months has passed and Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu have returned from their mission to the Hidden Swordsmith Village, along with Sanemi's younger brother, Genya—Sanemi's younger brother—Muichiro and Mitsuri. Muichiro had wanted to bring me with him but after receiving the deadliest glare possible from my husband, the Mist Hashira had decided not to argue or persuade him further.