Chapter 19

Naomi's P. O. V:

"Naomi!" I hear Giyu and Sanemi exclaim worriedly as they run towards my prostrate form, covered in bloody cuts and my uniform torn in certain areas.

I see Giyu's face as he reaches me first and he drops down to his knees beside me. His beautiful blue orbs widen as follows with worry as he carefully pulls me into his arms. "Naomi-chan... are you alright? Talk to me."

Sanemi appears beside the ravenette and he swears aloud, taking in my battered state.

"G-Giyu-kun... S-Sanemi-kun..." I manage to utter, relief swimming in the former's eyes.

Giyu hugs me close to him as he murmurs, "You're alive! You're going to be okay, Naomi-chan. We'll get you out of here."

"No... go... you have to leave me," I stammer, causing both males to gaze at me in confusion.

"I won't leave you!" Giyu snsps. "You're coming home with us, understand?"

I gaze up at Giyu's blue orbs, burning with life. Then, I feel a strange sensation come over me, my body stiffening as a thought enters my head.

"Naomi?" Sanemi mutters. I grip my sword hilt and, despite the pain dancing through my body, I swing my katana for my boyfriend. Gasping, he releases me and jumps away with Sanemi. "What the bloody hell was that?!"

"It must be the demon's Blood Demon Art!" Giyu says wearily as I slid back to stand beside said demon, having emerged from the shadows of the cave.

"Reinforcements? This woman must be a weak Hashira, then," Says the demon, and I feel my blood boil in anger at that. I would've glared dangerously at it were it not for the fact I was under its mind control.

It did not just call me weak!

"Say hello to my new pet!" The demon says, patting my head.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Sanemi roars just as Giyu does.

"If you really want her back, you'll have to kill me. But I highly doubt that."

I try to fight the power coursing through me but my body faces towards the Tomioka. He gazes back at me before I dash towards him and Sanemi. I swing my blade but they each deflect it.

"This is that demon's Blood Demon Art?" Sanemi asks Giyu. He nods his head.

"Yes, so try not to hurt her. This isn't Naomi's doing." I try to slice the white haired male. He may be my friend and I could go all out, but I still didn't want to hurt him.

"Crystal Breathing, First Form: Quartz Slash," I murmur. I swing my sword for the shocked Shinazugawa who deflects it with his own sword.

"Pull yourself together, Suishou!" Sanemi snaps. We exchange more blows before I notice Giyu about to attack the demon controlling me.

Much to Sanemi's surprise, I leap between them and land a powerful roundhouse kick that knocks the Water Hashira away. I didn't want to protect the demon, but my body was forcing me to.

I run at Giyu and continually swing my sword. He dodges it each time as he calls to Sanemi, "Sanemi! Take care of the demon! I'll handle Naomi!"

"Right. Bring your girl back to us, Tomioka," Sanemi says before he goes to attack the demon.

I go to follow to protect it, but then Giyu hooks his foot around my ankles and I start to fall forward as he trips me up. Giyu grabs me and I end up on my back with the blue eyed man straddling my hips, his legs overlapping mine. I try to keep my grip on my sword but Giyu pulls it out of my hand, before he grabs both of my wrists and pins them above my head.