Chapter 18

Giyu's P. O. V:

I raise my katana to block Naomi's as she brings hers down on me. A loud clang rings out as I hiss in anger.

Naomi and I exchange a few more swift blows before I jump back a safe distance, gripping my hilt in both hands. So the demon only released me just so it could get to Naomi. Not good. I have to get her back.

I can't afford to let Naomi land a hit on me, or I'll be crystallised.

"Naomi, snap out of it! Don't let it control you! You're stronger than that!" I urge the pinkette. Silently, though hesitantly, the Suishou runs straight for me with her sword held backwards, something I haven't seen her do in a long while.

Naomi's strokes seem to be even faster now. I could never keep up with Naomi's speed—she's too fast—she's probably even faster than Kocho.

Naomi aims a slash for my chest but I deflect it. I keep on the defence as she aims another swing for me but I deflect it too. And another, and another, and another.

Our swords were quicksilver as we fight.

I deflect a couple more blows before I knock Naomi's sword away and slip past her guard. I wrap my free arm tightly around Naomi's waist, pinning her arms to her sides against me.

"Naomi-chan, please, I don't want to hurt you," I tell her gently yet firmly, even as she struggles. Hearing my voice causes Naomi to pause. I feel hope glisten in my eyes as I think I may have my Naomi back. However, there's a pop, and something comes whizzing through the air towards me, from the ground.

I look just in time to see Naomi's left heel shooting for my chest, the small hidden blade now glinting in the moonlight.

Mentally cursing I block the blade with my nichirin katana as I shove my girlfriend away from me. She forward flips and spins to face me, sword back in hand, as I jump back again.

"Naomi!" I call desperately. The demon laughs as I growl in anger. I notice that Naomi hasn't used one of her Crystal Breathing techniques. Which means, she's trying to fight the Blood Demon Art.

I whirl and race for the demon, preparing to use one of my techniques to behead it. "Water Breathing, Fourth Form...!" As I go to bring my sword through the demon's neck to sever it, there's a pink blur and I stop short as Naomi appears between me and the demon, looking ready to block or take my attack.

Gritting my teeth in frustration, I stop short, skidding along the ground and leap backwards once. The demon lets out another laugh.

"Damn you...! Let her go!" I yell, even as I try to contain my anger.

"I'll have some fun first!" The demon says. My blue eyes jerk wide when I see Naomi hold her katana to her throat.

"No, don't...!" I gasp, throwing out my free hand.

The demon sneers as it makes Naomi pause. I could practically see fear in her pink and purple orbs. "First, I'll make her kill you, then I'll kill the woman! It will be a feast tonight!"

I gasp again when the demon suddenly disappears, with my girlfriend following it.

"Naomi!! Give her back to me, you bastard!" I scream, but they were already gone.

This mission has already gone very wrong.

Gritting my teeth hard, I call my Kusagai crow and give him an urgent message for Kagaya-sama.

The crow caws as it flaps away. I decide to follow the demon's scent before it fades entirely. I couldn't risk losing it, and my Naomi-chan.

🗡🗡🗡