Chapter 29

Naomi's P. O. V:

I sit, slumped, next to Tengen. My crystallisation has been lost since Tengen dragged me to safety. There was such destruction as I feel my body going numb from the poison.

"At this rate, I don't think I'll..." I think as I trail off.

"Nooooo!" Suma cries, tears flying from her eyes as snot hangs from her nose. She, Makio and Hinatsuru are gathered around Tengen and I. "Please don't die! Please don't die on us, Tengen-sama! Not after you managed to survive! Not after you won! I can't take it! I can't take it! How are we supposed to deal with demon poison? The antidote's not working! The gods are so cruel! So cruel!"

Suma, Hinatsuru and Makio have tried to cure the demon poison, but none of the antidote has worked. Makio and Hinatsuru are also in tears.

Tengen, blood over his s left eye, mouth and head, parts of his body blotched with purple like mine is, says stiffly, "I have some last words to leave you. My life until now—"

"If you let Tengen-sama die, I'm never going to pray to you again!" Suma cuts in angrily. "No way will I ever forgive you, you hear me?"

She is oblivious to Makio who is glaring with animated, whited triangles in her eyes, a tick mark on her right temple, and body trembling violently. The black and blonde haired girl bursts out, "Shut the hell up! Can't you hear Tengen-sama talking? I'm so going to stuff your mouth with rocks, you moron!"

Makio grabs the top of Suma's head and proceeds to shove rocks in her mouth.

"Both of you, quiet down!" Hinatsuru tries to say.

Holding back Makio's hand, Suma cries, "Makio's tormenting me!"

"Shut up, dumbass!" Makio snaps as Suma throws the rocks away.

I close my eyes as I smile slightly. "I'm sorry, Yu-kun, but it looks like I'm not going to make it home, after all..." I think, hearing the girls arguing.

"You really put them in my mouth!" Suma complains.

"Listen, cut it out, I said!" Makio snaps as I feel my tongue going stiff. "Cut it out, I said! Don't spit them out!"

I open my eyes when the arguing stops to see Nezuko in her child form, a new gag around her mouth, patting Hinatsuru's arm to get the brunette's attention.

"What?" Hinatsuru utters as Nezuko steps over to the Sound Hashira. She places her hand on his arm...

... and his body is literally set on fire.

We all gape as Suma screams fearfully, the pink flames swirling around Tengen's body.

The flames continue to swirl even as Suma snatches Nezuko and drags her away from Tengen.

"What do you think you're doing? Who are you, anyway? It's way too soon to be cremating him! How can you burn him already when he's not even dead yet?" Suma yells, tears still falling from her eyes. "I'm going to spank you! I'm very angry with you, young lady!"

"Hold up a second," Says Tengen, gaining his wives' attention. The pink flames have now vanished. But he appears to be unharmed by them. He sits up a little straighter, shock and confusion on his features. "How do you explain this?" A smile settles on Tengen's lips as he puts his hand to his head. "The poison's left my body!"

 "The poison's left my body!"