Chapter 23

Naomi's P. O. V:

"Hm. It's not too bad if I do say so myself!" I chime as I finish the three Mizunoto's disguises and set down the paint brush. I wasn't the best at painting or drawing, and my art on the boys does look messy, but probably better than what Tengen could've done.

"Wow. You boys look beautiful!" I chime, clapping my hands together.

"It's not bad," Zenitsu says with a sheepish glance at Tanjiro.

Tanjiro says, "You're not that great at art, are you, Naomi?"

"Hey!" I say, startling them as I puff my cheeks. "I did my best, okay?"

Just then, the door cracks open and a tall, muscular man with unbound shoulder length white hair enters the room.

"What's all this about?" He grumbles, before taking in the sight of the Mizunotos. "Not bad, Nao, but you could've done better."

"Huh?! Don't tell me you're that weirdo from before!" Zenitsu exclaims, pointing at him. For it was Tengen Uzui.

I watch as he kneels before Tanjiro and takes up the brush I'd been using, before he starts to paint over my art. My pink orbs jerk wide as I realise Tengen was making my art worse than it already was.

"Wh-What are you doing?! You're making it worse!" I exclaim, flailing my arms.

"We can risk drawing too much unwanted attention, and while your art is terrible, Nao, it's not terrible enough. There," Tengen states as he finishes. I pout at how ugly Tanjiro looks now. Tengen swivels his head to me pointedly. "Why don't you go get yourself ready? I'll finish up here."

"You don't get to boss me around," I grumble but climb to my feet and take some of the supplies with me to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

I quickly shower and wash my hair before I don my elegant kimono, which has three layers—a white one underneath, then a red one with white flowers on it, and then a pink kimono with sakuras on it.

I then scoop my hair up into an elaborate bun that ties to the back of my head, and a gold headpiece sits at the front, three large gold pins with pink tassels on either side, and roses decorate the headpiece. My bangs across my forehead had been pinned back by the headpiece and shoulder length hime bangs are left to frame my face beautifully.

 My bangs across my forehead had been pinned back by the headpiece and shoulder length hime bangs are left to frame my face beautifully

I make sure that my growing belly is concealed and when I'm satisfied, I start painting my face white. Then I put red eyeshadow around my eyes and paint my lips red.

Once I was finish and slip my shoes on, I exit the bathroom to return to our room. I slide open the door just as I hear Tengen complain, "What's taking her so long?"

I clear my throat pointedly, and all eyes snap to me, with Tanjiro's, Zenitsu's, and Inosuke's practically bursting from their sockets while Tengen's fill with awe as they roam my body.