Chapter 8

Naomi's P. O. V:

Three days pass by and Shinobu had finally released me from the hospital, saying I'm in the clear now.

In the bathroom, I change into a casual pink kimono with only the left sleeve and a bow around my waist, tied at the back, while leaving my hair down, as I wasn't on a mission, and decide to go train for awhile. I went to go look for Giyu but I couldn't find him.

As I was walking outside the house, in the garden, I bump into a familiar spiky white haired man with scars decorating his face

"Sanemi!" I greet, smiling.

He blinks his coal eyes for a minute before smirking back at me. "Naomi-chan! It's good to see you. I'd heard you'd gotten injured on your recent mission."

"Yup! But I'm all better now, and I was going to train with Giyu-kun. I just can't seem to find him," I reply.

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere. But, in the meantime, why don't I help you train?" Sanemi offers, shrugging.

"Really? Thanks, Sanemi-kun!" I say as we head to the training area out back.

Sanemi and I face off against each other while gripping our nichirin katanas. Behind us is Kanao Tsuyuri, Shinobu's younger adoptive sister. She doesn't talk, but around me, she does. She'd said it's because she feels safe around me enough to talk. While my katana is rainbow, his is green, as he's the Wind Hashira. I wouldn't be able to beat him if he uses his full strength, so I have to make sure he stays on the defensive.

 I wouldn't be able to beat him if he uses his full strength, so I have to make sure he stays on the defensive

I take a deep breath before Sanemi and I launch ourselves at each other, swords pulled back.

"Wind Breathing, First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter," Sanemi says before launching himself at me.

"Crystal Breathing, Fourth Form: Crystal Dust," I say before a coat of crystal dust appears over my body. I move and vanish from his sight in the blink of an eye.

Sanemi gasps just as I reappear behind him. He whirls as I bring my sword towards him in a vicious swing, but Sanemi blocks it with his own.

I pull back and aim another swing for the white haired male, aiming at his right side. Sanemi blocks that too. We pull back and exchange incredibly fast blows, our swords appearing as quicksilver as they glint in the sunlight.