Chapter 5

I've gone back and edited Chapter 1!

Naomi's P. O. V:

It took me until the following day to reach the next town. The sun starts setting as I look around for my teammates.

"Naomi-chaaann!" I turn just as someone glomps me from behind, surprising me a little.

"Sh-Shinobu?!" I stutter in surprise, turning my head to see it was the Insect Hashira hugging me.

"The one and only! It's so good to see you again, Naomi-chan," She says as Shinobu releases me, only to hug me tightly from the front.

"It's good to see you too, Shinobu. It has been awhile since we last teamed up, huh?" I say, the black and purple haired girl hugging me. She's younger than me and Giyu by three years.

"I was so disappointed when you didn't come with Giyu on our recent mission, but I knew you could handle yourself," Shinobu says.

"Speaking of, where is Giyu-kun?" I ask.

"Leave her be, Shinobu," Comes Giyu's cold tone. We turn to see my boyfriend having approached us. When his striking eyes meet mine, immense relief washes over him.

"Awe, come on, Giyu! You know we're like sisters, and I'm just really happy to see Naomi-chan!" Shinobu says, pouting, as she gazes back at Giyu, but she releases me anyway.

Giyu says as he steps closer to me, a soft smile gracing his features, "I'm glad you're here, Naomi-chan, though I knew you could do it."

"I'm glad you have so much faith in me, Yu-kun," I reply, giving him a closed eye smile. I reopen my eyes, I see a light blush in his cheeks just before it fades away. Shinobu must've noticed it, too, because she gives him a teasing grin.

"Though I'm surprised you haven't scared Naomi-chan off yet, Giyu, you two are just so cute together!" She gushes. "You're so close, the two of you could probably be seen as a married couple." This makes us both blush in embarrassment, but then, Giyu gives the Insect Hashira an annoyed glance.

"Giyu-kun isn't scary," I say, hugging his arm. "He's just serious, that's all."

"Well, I think the two of you do make a great couple," Shinobu says with a closed eye smile.

Giyu says with his usual stoic expression, "Anyway, we should go in search of the demon. It's getting dark out."

"Why don't we split up? That way, we can cover more ground," I suggest, pulling away from Giyu.

"Good idea," Shinobu agrees.

"I'll go with Naomi. That just leaves you, Shinobu," Giyu says, making us nod our heads.

"Right," Shinobu says before vanishing from our sights.

Giyu and I pick a certain street and start our search for the demon.

"What do you suppose it's capable of?" I murmur as we walk.

"We won't know for sure until we find it," Says Giyu. "Our crows have said it's been killing civilians for the past few days."

"Let's hope we find it soon," I say, my pink and purple eyes narrowed. "So, how did your last mission with Shinobu go?" I inquire.

Deadpanning, Giyu replies, "She was annoying me, as usual." I let out a giggle at this. Shinobu is always teasing my boyfriend. "She kept asking me after you, since you didn't come with me. I just told her that you're doing as fine as ever."

"That would be just like Shinobu to tease you," I say, seeing him let out a sigh. When Giyu meets my gaze with a soft smile, I return it with a light blush. Then, we look away, remembering what Shinobu had said about us being a married couple.

Nods not really the time to be thinking that. We need to stay focused on mission.

Giyu and I search around for another hour or two, but we still see no sign of the demon.

"Where could it be...?" I wonder aloud.

Just then, we hear the sound of a door crashing down accompanied by a female scream. Giyu and I whirl towards a house near us, and race toward the house. We get there just in time to see a talk demon, about seven feet tall, standing before a dark haired girl who had fallen back on the ground.

The demon whirls to us and growls. "A couple of demon slayers, huh? This will be fun," It says.

"Step away from that girl!" I say harshly as Giyu and I unsheath our nichirin swords, our faces instantly turning cold.

The demon laughs before leaping up through the roof, making a hole. Civilians scream at the sight of the demon. Giyu and I exchange a brief glance with each other before we follow right after demon.

"Let's have some fun since you two interrupted my meal! Though, I get the feeling there's another demon slayer in this town," The demon says.

It launches itself at Giyu and I and swings its claw like hands at us. Giyu and I dodge them with ease. As the demon goes to slash at me, I spin around in a roundhouse kick while unsheathing a small blade in my right pink zori sandal.

The demon lets out a surprised grunt as the blade grazes across its shoulder. I land near Giyu as the demon says, "Heh. It's just a little scratch. See? I'm already healed!"

The cut heals on its shoulder.

Giyu says as he focuses, "Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash!" Giyu runs at the demon and swings his blade in a single, vicious strike. The demon narrowly avoids it, however and charges for me next.

"Crystal Breathing, Sixth Form, Flame, Ruby: Rising Scorching Sun!" I slash my blade upwards in an arch, emitting fire from it.

"Water Breathing: Constant Flux," Giyu says as he thrusts his sword forward. The water takes on the form of a dragon that launches for the demon. It manages to hit it, knocking the demon back.

"Crystal Breathing, Second Form: Shard Wave," I say before flicking my sword towards the demon. Shards of rose quartz crystal fly through the air for the demon. Its eyes widen and it tries to dodge the attack. Most of the shards manage to strike it, leaving deep cuts.

I lung for the demon and slash with my rainbow nichirin katana. He dances out of the way even as Giyu joins me, swinging his own sword for the demon. We keep up this dance until the demon jumps out of range, recognition in its dilated eyes.

"Now I know who you two are. You're the Crystal and Water Hashira duo! You're pretty well-known amongst us demons, and a lot of us even fear you when you fight together like this. Oh, well, at least I'll be able to kill you both!"

The demon lunges at us and appears right in front of me. I cry out when it slashes my left arm.

"Naomi!" Giyu gasps worriedly as I stagger back.

"I'm okay. I can still fight," I reply.

"And that rainbow katana of yours," The demon goes on, gaining our attention. "It doesn't really matter what happens to your friend here, but we demons are told to eliminate you on sight, Crystal Hashira!"

Both Giyu and I were surprised, though this wasn't the first time a demon had said such a thing.

The demon sneers before it charges straight for me.