ELUSIVE (Book 2)

hidden_1nk tarafından

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. Daha Fazla

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 74

70 11 14
hidden_1nk tarafından

"I'm sorry." Sawyer says. I sniffle into his chest and look up at him, confused.

I raise an eyebrow as he looks down at me.

"I'm sorry." He whispers again. "I'm so sorry." He says. We stay tightly help together for a while.

"You have to admit your life is pretty shitty." Sawyer whispers. I pull away from him, and wipe my eyes.

"What?" I ask and softly laugh to myself. "You're right." I cry and laugh at the same time. Sawyer pulls me into a hug again, trying to keep his laugh inside.

"I promise from here on out, I'll make it the best." He says.

"Pinky promise?" I stick out my pinky.

"Pinky." He says and as he's about to loop our pinkies I pull away.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I warn and he squints his eyes at me.

"I can keep this one." He nods. "Easily." He says cockily.

"Sawyer? Where the hell have you been?" We hear Avery barge through the door. I quickly pull away from Sawyer but Sawyer pulls me back to him and we're completely engulfed in darkness.

I immediately feel the heat. The brightness hurts my eyes and I hear Sawyer groan beside me.

"Somehow you always land on me." He says annoyed and I help him up.

"I'm sorry." I can't help but laugh at his pain. He breathes in holding his private part for a while. He places his arm around my shoulders as he balances.

"You're being dramatic." I roll my eyes. I can feel his glare.

"You try having a whole as human smash your balls." He breathes out.

"How about one smash your heart." I mutter but he doesn't hear.

I finally look around and notice we're in Whits and Sawyers backyard.

"Why are we here?" I question. It seems like it's the middle of summer. No one seems to be home. I stare down the house I thought was home and goosebumps raise on my arm.

Sawyer intertwines his fingers in mine and leads me to the woods.

"Treehouse." He smiles and I nod still confused.

I follow after him and climb.

"Why are we here?" I question and start to break a sweat.

"Couldn't stand to hear Averys voice." He shrugs.

"So out of all places, here?" I question. I spot a mini fridge and head for it. I can hear Sawyer softy chuckle behind me as he leans against the wall. He's only in his fancy pants, the heat getting to him. I don't blame him, that suit is hot and heavy.

I turn away, slightly uncomfortable and kind of feeling like I'm doing something wrong, but all I'm doing is getting a drink.

I quickly reach into the fridge and grab a cold soda.

"Sorry, but I'm really thirsty." I let him know. He smirks, not saying anything. He pushes himself away from the wall and stalks closer to me.

I feel like prey as he walks closer and I take a step back, bumping into the mini fridge. The treehouse grows smaller and smaller with every step he's taking. I freeze unable to move any further as he closes the last bit of distance between us. He has me caged in on both sides and I hold my breath. My breath hitches as I feel his arm slowly slide down my arm as he slowly lowers himself and grabs a soda from the fridge.

"This one is better." He says as he lifts up a dr. Pepper. I've never actually tried that drink before.

Without a word he offers it to me and I take it. I press the cold drink to my lips and take a small sip. I smile awkwardly up at him,

"Still thirsty?" He asks, holding my gaze. I shake my head no, forgetting all about the heat outside. He takes the drink from my hand and swallows the rest of the can.

"I don't miss the summers here." I look around and notice there's no engraving of our names on the tree branch I see out of the window.

Sawyer doesn't say anything, he watches me look around the tree house. I've never actually taken my time to admire anything inside. It's a fairly large tree house. Bean bags everywhere, a couple of rugs. It's clean in here. There are computers, and a tv and video game consoles. It looks something out of a spy-kids movie, just more homey and kid like.

I see a pocket knife on the table and start carving my name on the tree branch.

"What are you doing?" Sawyer asks as I grunt and struggle to carve out my name.

"Just leaving my mark." I breathe out.

I feel him right behind me and he snatches the knife from my hand.

"That's not how it's done." He says and he pushes me away with his hip and doesn't let me see.

"What are you doing?" I ask trying to sneak a peek but he pushes me away every time. He starts laughing at how hard I'm struggling and the more he laughs the more I laugh and the more weak I feel.

"Sawyer, come on. Let me see." I plea.

Sawyer bursts out laughing at his master piece and he finally moves away from it.

I stand in front of him and look at his carving.

It's both our names inside a large heart.

"Really? A heart?" I cross my arms. "I really thought you were drawing a penis or something like all middle schoolers do." I turn to him and he bursts into laughter again.

"It's funny." He says between laughs. So that's how the mark of our names got there.

"It's missing something, give me the knife." He eyes me suspiciously before handing me the knife.

Before I can carve something I feel the treehouse shake and then the sound of footsteps. I quickly turn to Sawyer and in comes Joseph. Younger Joseph, full set of hair Joseph.

"Sawyer? What the hell are you doing up here? I just saw you in the kitchen. You look different. Are you okay?" Jospeh eyes him suspiciously then his eyes move to me.

"Seriously Sawyer? You brought another one of your girls up here? Jesus. Will you ever learn?" Joseph angrily complains.

"Why are you up here?" Sawyer casually asks, unbothered by his brothers accusing tone.

"Hi. I'm sure you're a nice girl, but piece of advice stay away from him. He's an asshole."

"Hey. I'm Opal and we're just friends." I go in for a hug. I miss Joseph and knowing the time line I know we don't have much time with him.

"Friends?" Joseph laughs as he respectfully pushes me away from hugging him. "Sawyer doesn't have lady friends." He snorts and looks at Sawyer.

I turn to Sawyer who looks slightly amused by this situation.

"It's true. Strictly friends here." I let him know.

Joseph looks between the two of us before a mischievous expression graces his face.

"Is that so?" He gives Sawyer a challenging look. Joseph inches closer to me.

He pulls me into a tight hug and whispers into my ear "Play along." Loud enough for only me to hear. I give him a slight nod.

I miss his warm hugs.

"It feels like I've known you my whole life." He studies me and I turn to Sawyer, kind of panicked. Sawyer keeps an eye on Joseph.

Joseph lifts his hand up to my cheek and softly rubs his thumb back and forth. He stares deeply at me, as he looks into my soul. He lifts my head to look up at him.

"I know I know you from somewhere." He rasps, his voice deeper. I'm frozen in spot, my heart racing. He can't know.

"You do?" I whisper.

Joseph slowly lowers his head, nodding, his attention on my lips. "I'm sure I've dreamt of you." He says and I realize this is all a ploy and he doesn't actually know who I am. He actually thinks he's flirting with me and that I'm falling for it. I try not bursting into laughter.

Sawyer is in front of me in seconds, his lips softly kissing mine. My stomach sinks at the thought of Josephs baby inside of me and the guilt comes rushing in and I pull away.

Sawyer gives me a questioning look, he seems almost hurt.

"I never thought I'd see the day. Sawyer jealous." Joseph laughs. "So you do have a heart." He pats Sawyers back. Sawyer doesn't look at me, he only kissed me to mark his territory.

"What is Avery going to say about this. You two are destined to be together." Joseph plops down onto a bean bag and turns on the tv.

I feel the tree moving again and then footsteps.

"Speaking of the devil." Joseph says, his attention solely on the video game he's playing.

"Sawyer? What are you doing up here?" Avery asks and she sees me. Anger, hurt, annoyance crosses her features. I almost forgot Avery was such an evil and mean person. She's changed so much.

Sawyer groans and I laugh. He tried to get away from her and here she is.

"Who is she?" Avery's voice rises.

"Relax. She's with me." Joseph says, saving his brother from Avery's wrath I assume.

"When did you get those tattoos?" Avery notices every detail about Sawyer.

Sawyer intertwines his fingers in mine and once again we're engulfed in darkness.

We're back in the room at the banquet. I land on my feet this time and catch my balance on a near by table. My ankle rolls on itself and I hiss in pain.

"I've been looking everywhere for you two." Avery barges into the room.

"We were just talking." Sawyer puts his hands in his pockets before rudely excusing himself.

"What was that about?" Avery asks and I shrug.  If past Joseph is right, then Sawyer was jealous.

I rush out after Sawyer.

"Wait." I'm out of breath by the time I reach Sawyer. He side eyes me and continues walking.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask, and I debate making fun of him. He seems deep in thought.

"No." He quickly answers. I intertwine my fingers in his but he lets go.

"You're jealous." I say out loud. He stops and turns to me.

"Sawyer, there you are." Petra turns the long hallway and sees us. She walks toward us. Now is my chance.

I grab onto Sawyers arm and pull him into a different room and lock the door.

I push him to sit down and I sigh out. 

"I've been thinking." I start, "and I think us being friends isn't going to work out."

Sawyers eyebrows raise in surprise. He breathes out, hurt. "And why not?" He calmly asks.

"Because we're too different. You give such mixed signals. It's weird."

"You didn't think so before." He sounds defensive.

"Well, now I have had time to think about it." I shrug. He breathes out again shaking his head.

"I don't get it. What's wrong? Is this because of Joseph?" He seems angry but he seems calm. I don't know.

"No. No what? A lot of people stop being friends for reasons."

He clenches his jaw and nods agreeing, "Okay." He says. "We'll have to stop talking." He stares at me for one last time before walking off.

"You don't mind?" I question.

"Of course I mind, Opal." He slowly walks back over to me and I look at the ground. "How could I not mind? It bothers me a lot." He pinches the bridge of his nose, "but if that's what you want."

"It's just for a little while until everything goes back to normal."

Sawyer rolls his eyes. "Normal, okay." He sarcastically mutters. "And tell me, when are things going to go back to normal?"

I look away not answering. He angrily snorts at my non response. Petra knocks on the door but we both ignore it.

"You're not like you, Opal." My stomach sinks at his correct accusation.

"Why do you say that?" I casually ask and take a step back from him.

"Well, it's obvious."

He knows. He knows I'm pregnant. I feel my face burning up. What do I do?

"Comparing the Opal from before I left. The one who helped me when I was sick. The one who constantly reminded me how much of an asshole I was. The curious girl. The girl who doesn't care about anything but getting to the bottom of things and making sure everyone is safe." He takes a step closer to me. "You're not you, Opal."

"Well maybe I didn't like that Opal." I counter and that Opal isn't hiding a huge secret from the person they love. It's just better if I push him away.

"Well she was the one I...." He stops when Petra knocks on the door.

"You what?" I ask.

"Made me stop being an asshole." He says and this time I snort,

"Yeah right." I roll my eyes.

"It's true. You were the girl who knew what she wanted and didn't let anything stop her from that."

I get annoyed with his words.

"Maybe I'm just tired." I pause and look at the door. "Tired of you." I quickly say, and walk out. I can't bare see his hurt expression as he stands there alone. I open the door and Petra is standing there.

"Is everything fine?" She asks, looking behind me at Sawyer. I feel his warmth right behind me.

"It's fine. Weight lifted from my shoulders."I make another jab at him.

"You need to give a speech." Petra says and grabs his hand. He intertwines his fingers and I can't help but feel a pang of jealousy. I look away and walk ahead of them. I can't stand seeing them together.

I find my way back to Thomas.

"You okay?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, why?" I sit down beside him.

"Your face is flushed red and you were mumbling angrily to yourself." He says and I sheepishly smile.

"Someone took the last chocolate bar from the dessert table." I lie and he chuckles.

Sawyer gives his speech and before I know it, it's time to head home.

We all huddle in the middle of the banquet hall. People are still socializing. Some stop to say hi and a lot of them exit out.

Someone stands beside me and I realize it's Sawyer.

"Hey." He says and I feel trapped.

"What do you want?"

"I'm not done talking with you." He says, loud enough for only me to hear.

"I have to find Thomas." I try maneuvering around him, but he stops me.

"Opal, wait." I turn around and sigh.

"Why do you always do this to me?" He questions.

"Sawyer, it doesn't matter.."

He interrupts,

"No, it does matter." He says and I realize we're quietly arguing in front of other people. I don't say anything. "Will you give me a moment to explain myself?" He asks.

I shrug, "I don't know."

"Later tonight, my office." He says. "We can talk for a bit in private."

"About what?" I question. "It's just going to be more of the same thing, right?" I move away.

"I understand why you think that, but just let me explain."

I hear someone call my name and turn my attention to trying to find them.

Sawyer is still waiting for an answer and I look back at him.

"Look, whatever you have to say, you can say it right here." I let him know.

"Sure." Sawyer nods, agreeing.

"I've been thinking." He mocks my words from earlier. "And I think that what happened to us was because you and I are very different and maybe what we need is to adjust ourselves. Maybe find a happy middle ground." He suggests.

"Middle ground?" I question.

"I might not know a lot of shit, but I do know that I want to be with you." He says and my stomach sinks at his words. "But I already know what you think."

I breathe in, and look around. Avery smiles at me and I look up at Sawyer. "I know I haven't been home for long. I know you love me, what happened that you're acting so different?"
He asks and I frown.

"Hey, Sawyer, Opal. There you are. Sorry I'm late. I got held up." Thomas joins our group. Thomas grabs my hand and pulls me into a side hug. "Today was fun. Thanks for this." He says and kisses the side of my cheek. Sawyer looks between the both of us. I turn to him, my face apologetic. Sawyers jaw is clenched and he takes a few steps back.

I open my mouth to say something but Sawyer looks betrayed as he stares at Thomas.

Thomas looks between me and Sawyer. "Oh, sorry. I'll wait. Didn't mean to interrupt." Thomas lifts his hands up in surrender as he backs away.

"No. It's fine. We're done talking." Sawyer stares me down. "Bye." Sawyer says.

"Bye." Thomas happily says. "Wait, Sawyer is our ride." He turns to tell me and I frown.

"Assholes will always be assholes." I mutter.

"What?" Thomas says.

"Nothing. We will call an Uber." I tell him and walk out of the banquet hall. I see Sawyer driving off with Petra.

———————————————————————
Hey!! How is everyone?
I finally updated after a long time! 😭
Hope you guys enjoy! ❤️

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

38.9K 926 16
Random stories I wrote about twisted kind of love, jealousy, pain, and horror.
69.6K 1.5K 60
[18+] READ TO FIND OUT!
296K 12.7K 38
[ongoing revisions] Twisted Wonderland x male reader ━━━━━━━━━━━ "𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩...
106K 13.5K 101
Imagine being stranded in the middle of nowhere with no memory of who you are. You randomly walk into a coffee shop, clueless. You start questioning...