Soon You'll Get Better

Por xokayylaa_

โ›๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š'๐“๐“ ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰ ๐’ท๐‘’๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡... ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ โ™ฅ โ†  Percy Jackson is Goode High... Mรกs

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
Epilogue
Alternate Ending
Bonus Chapter - Hannah POV
Bonus Chapter - Silena POV
Author's Note

13.

1.5K 45 148
Por xokayylaa_

13. 

November 17th & The Promise

-⁛- 

Percy POV 

"What?" I yelled. 

"Yes. I'm sorry, Percy. It's lung cancer," 

My mind swirled with a million questions. "How?" 

"Either you smoke, which I'm pretty sure you do not, or it's been in the family," Dr. Solace explained. 

"But, I don't smoke, and neither does anyone in my family," I said. 

Dr. Solace looked at my mom. "You didn't tell him?" 

My mom shook her head. 

"Tell me what?!" I asked. 

"Someone in our family did have lung cancer. Your father did," she explained quietly. 

I was in shock, but I recovered and I yelled. "WHAT?? YOU TOLD ME HE DIED IN A CAR CRASH!"  (A/N Can anyone guess where this line came from?)

My mom shook her head. "I didn't want you to worry." 

I was frustrated. I didn't know but my doctor did? 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" I yelled. 

"I told you, Percy, I didn't want you to worry." 

I scoffed. "So lying to me is better?" 

My mom blew out a breath. "I didn't lie. I withheld. Your father did technically get in a car crash. But he didn't die from it." 

Yeah right. I thought. 

I must've voiced that out because my mom turned and sighed. "Look, sweetie, I didn't mean to lie to you. You've had a lot on your plate." 

"Yeah. But that doesn't mean you can hide things from me," I countered. 

She sighed. "You're right." 

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Can I go home now?" 

"Son, don't rush it," Paul chided. 

I rolled my eyes again. "Don't tell me what to do." 

My mom got mad. "Percy. Apologize to Paul right now!" 

"Or else what?" 

She couldn't really stop me from doing anything. Or so I thought. "Or else, you are not going to swim practice." 

I froze. I loved swimming and I would do anything for it. 

I opened my mouth to apologize when Dr. Solace said, "Actually, you can't go to swim practice." 

"What?!" I shouted. 

"Percy, how do you expect to hold your breath for more than 10 seconds?" she asked. 

I looked at my mom. She just shrugged. "Can I at least help kids? I'm captain, even if I can't swim, I can at least teach them, right?" 

"I suppose, if you don't go in." She smiled at me. 

I faked a smile. What was the point of smiling anymore? 

"Great," I said miserably. "Can I leave now?" 

"Not yet, you have to have chemo to cure it. I want you to come here starting next week. The average cycle is 4-6," she ordered. 

I groaned. "Why?" 

"If you want it to be gone, then you have to." 

I opened my mouth to argue, when my mom decided to respond for me. "Yes, of course, thank you doctor." 

She smiled and we left. 

***

During the car ride home, I didn't talk. I ignored everyone and was just in my own little world. 

What would happen if it didn't cure it all? What would happen if someone knew? I didn't want to be treated differently. I didn't want everyone to know. I didn't want anyone to know. I would get better. Right? Would I? What if people knew? What would I do? Why? Why? Why? Why did it have to be me? Why? Just why? 

I was mad. Mad at my mom for not telling me about my dad. Mad at Paul for trying to help me. Mad at Dr. Solace for giving me the diagnosis. Mad at Drew for cheating on me. Mad at my friends for not helping me. But mostly? I was mad at myself for feeling bad about it. I was mad at myself for making dumb choices. Mad at myself for crying. Mad at myself for breaking down. Mad at myself for getting sick. Just mad at the whole world. 

What would happen if I di-

"Percy?" My mom asked, concerned. 

"What," I asked harshly. 

My mom frowned. "Don't talk to me like that." 

"Don't pretend like you care," I countered. 

"Percy! Don't talk to your mother like that," Paul said angrily. 

I laughed. "You rather me do it to you?" 

"That's it! Perseus Jackson! What has gotten into you?" My mom yelled. 

I laughed again. I felt the pain in my chest, but I ignored it. "What has gotten into me? Well. Let's see. This whole month has been crap. I found out my so called girlfriend cheated on me. I found out my friends don't care. I found out I have cancer. I have to do chemo. And my own mother has been lying to me. So. You tell me. Am I the problem? What's gotten into everyone else?" 

I expected her to yell. To say something, but all she just sighed and turned back around. 

Paul spoke up. "Percy, I understand your mad, but your mom was trying to hel-" 

I cut him off. "You think I'm mad? I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed. Disappointed in you. In my mom. In my so called girlfriend. In my friends. In my dad. In the whole fricking universe. But mostly?" My voice quivered and it turned into a whisper. "I'm disappointed in myself." 

"Why are you disappointed in yourself? You've done nothing wrong," my mom said. 

By that time, we had already arrived home. This was the last thing I had to say to them at this moment. 

"I haven't. You have. Everyone has. I'm disappointed because I convinced myself that you wouldn't lie to me. I'm disappointed in myself because I actually convinced myself that Drew actually loved me. I'm disappointed in myself because I convinced myself my friends were supportive. I'm disappointed that I didn't figure this out earlier. I'm disappointed that I actually fell for all your lies. All the crap I've been believing in. I'm disappointed that I believed that all you guys cared. But honestly? I'm disappointed in myself that didn't do anything about it." 

And with that, I opened the car door, got that, and slammed the door shut, walking to my bedroom. 

When I got there, I instantly broke down. 

I take pride in saying that I don't cry and I don't get upset easily. But this? This was a whole other level. 

I cried and cried and cried. Eventually, I stopped. 

I didn't go down for dinner that night. I wasn't hungry anyways. 

I took out my calendar and a pen. I put a star right on today's date. 

November 17th. 

The worst day of my life. 

Annabeth POV

The next day at school, we were all gathered around the courtyard, waiting for Percy. 

When we finally spotted him, he didn't even look at us. He walked straight into the school. 

"What's up with him?" Leo asked. 

I shrugged. "I don't know." 

The bell rang, and we went to class. 

Throughout the day, everywhere Percy went, the girls all followed. It seemed word got out that Percy was now single and everyone was trying to get him. 

I rolled my eyes. Love sick teenagers. 

Finally, Percy snapped. "Look, I don't know what has gotten into you guys, but it has to stop. I don't need a fan club. I don't need you guys to follow me around everywhere I go, asking for me to date you or for my autograph. I'm not interested. Please just leave me alone. I want to be alone." The last part turned into a whisper. 

I don't know what happened this week, but it must've been bad, because the Percy we knew, was always funny and constantly teasing everyone. 

Now? He kept to himself. He didn't eat lunch. 

He just ignored everyone, like he was in his own little world. 

***

Today was Wednesday, which meant, 'Workout Wednesday'. We were to run laps around the field for warm up. Jason was in my PE class, and so was Percy. 

Percy still refused to talk to us, and ignored us when we talked to him. 

Percy looked a little reluctant about running the field. Normally, he was all for it. 

Nonetheless, he ran. After about 2 laps, he clutched his chest, groaned and collapsed onto the field. 

I screamed. Jason heard and rushed over. Coach Hedge shouted. "Okay Cupcakes! Keep going. He's okay!" 

Wow. Great teacher. One of his students had fainted and he just said he was okay. 

Anyways, he carried Percy to the nurses office and set him down. The nurse called Percy's mom and she was on the way. 

After a few minutes, Percy stirred. He refused to look at me, but instead, he looked at the nurse. "What happened?" 

"You fainted, honey. Is everything all right?" she asked. 

He nodded, not that any of us believed him. 

Soon, his mom came, and he left, still not saying a word to me or Jason. 

There was something wrong with our friend. 

Percy POV

Stupid. I can't believe I actually ran. I knew I couldn't, yet I still did. 

I remember it. I was reluctant about running, but I still ran. 

After my first lap, I was getting tired, but I kept going. 

Pathetic, I thought. I can't even run now? 

So I kept going, by then, I was starting to struggle to get air into my lungs. 

After the second lap, I couldn't do it anymore. I was struggling to breath and keep myself together. I collapsed after that. 

When I woke up, I was in the nurses office. I saw that Annabeth and Jason were there. I ignored them, and spoke only to the nurse. 

When my mom came, she bombarded me with a billion questions. None of which I answered. 

When I got home, I went straight to my room and locked myself in. 

I cried. 

I thought I could fit in and still do the same thing I've been doing. 

I couldn't. It changed me. 

I was mad and angry. I had to take it out on someone. I trashed my room. 

I threw everything and destroyed everything. 

I was so mad. And so sad at the same time. 

There was school tomorrow again. 

How was I supposed to deal with all this? 

How was I supposed to survive? 

How was I supposed to live? 

Because, while no one knew my secret, keeping it to myself was hard. 

I was breaking. 

And no one was there to help me. 

I had decided that night. 

I would never trust anyone every again. 

And that was a promise I would keep. 

Another chapter done!!! So proud of myself. 3 updates in a week!!! You guys are so, so amazing. Thanks for all the reads on it!!! I can't believe we have over 620 reads on it and 87 votes!!! You guys are the best!! Another chapter will be out soon!!! Stay safe and healthy!!!

Word count: 1803 words 

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

156K 2.5K 63
The kings and queens of the coming age, under lockdown They're expected to find a soulmate Will they though? Or rather,will they even survive ? Love...
78.8K 1.3K 103
What if Sophie grew up in the Neverseen? Four organizations. A century-long war. The girl who holds the key to it all. *************************** Jo...
504K 10.7K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.2M 112K 63
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...