LOKI IMAGINES

Par retrolokii

Title says it all. Requests are very much open just comment or dm pls and thanks ‹3 [ON GOING] May contain ot... Plus

Midsummer in Valhalla
Dance With Me
Call Me A Thief
Paper Rings
In The Wee Hours of the Morning
Oh Dearest, Your Fangs Are Showing.
Publicist Problems
Oh, Hello Doctor.
Where Am I? (Harry Potter x MCU AU)
England (Part 1)
England (Part 2)
England (Part 3)
Ghost Hunting (Unsolved x Crimson Peak)
Loki of Norway
Quarantine with Loki (Days 1-2)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 3-4)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 5-6)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 7-8)
Cabin in The Woods
Cabin in the Woods (Part 2)
So, We Meet Again...
Trickster's Surprise
Alfheim's Finest
Time Travelling's a Bitch
Hello, Neighbor!
Stay, You Fool.
Alfheim's Finest (Part 2): Picnic Day!
The Night Before
Ladies of The Court
Accidental Pen Pals
Dancing in the Moonlight
Emergency Healer
Heart of The Woods
Something New (Capt. James Conrad x Reader)
I Guess We're A Good Team After All
I'm Here.
Sleipnir's Arrival
Meeting The Family
Cold Mornings
Oh, Cupid.
You Wound Me
Perfectly Mischievous
Assumptions
Finally Free (Thomas Sharpe x Reader)
In Safe Hands
Come and Get Me
In Safe Hands (Part 2)
Secret Santa
Palace Libraries
Cheers to Victory
Run to Me, Baby.
Time Capsule
Did Somebody Call For Agent Loki? - Part 1
Did Someone Call For Agent Loki? - Part 2
Did Someone Call for Agent Loki? - Part 3
I'm Not Actually A Vampire!
Don't You Dare Die On Me
Bloodthirsty
Sinister Kid
Sparks Fly
Dead Men Tell No Tales (or do they?)
Halloween Special!
Royal Pain in The Ass
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 2
Nights are Better with You
You're Just as Strong as Me
I Love You (Against My Better Judgement)
Much Ado About Nothing
The Pirate and The Prince
Heaven Be Damned (I Have You)
Better Unknown
It Will Come Back
You're So Warm
I Can't Bear to Lose You
I Like You Better (Than Him)
Bets On. Clothes Off (Well, Almost).
Is This A Date?
My Love Mine All Mine
Hate It When You Do That
When Death Gives You An Out (You Take It)
Peace and Quiet, At Least For a Moment.
Peace and Quiet, Now Until Forever
What You Taste Like [SMUT]
What You See
A Ballad of Vicious Mockery
A Ballad of Reluctant Affections
A Ballad of Hope and Promises
At The End of Time
Until I Am Enough
Like Real People Do

Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 3

1.1K 43 27
Par retrolokii

Part 3 is here BABEYYY!!!!

9k words.. damn :'))

No promises, but I might write a Part 4 👀👀

The Odinsons were meant to stay in your home realm for about a month. It already seems like a lengthy stay but with Loki being constantly followed by chaos, it feels longer.

Loki asked to be your friend in the library about a week ago. And you still can't get rid of that image of Loki drenched in the lovely crystal lighting of the room, his eyes filled with hope as he asked to be your friend.

You also can't rid of yourself from the feel of Loki's lips touching yours. It was supposed to be an act, to convince your people and your parents that what you had was true love and not a tactical move. But it did not feel that way.

It felt real.

Too real.

You do not have to love me.

Your way of saying you have one foot out of the door at all times, even if he allowed you to enter. But what if that was a farce? What if you wanted to enter fully without remorse?

Now you were scaring yourself. Why were you on this train of thought? If it keeps going you might as well decide you love him until the end of days.

But you won't.

Not yet, at least.

At least.

You shook your head. It's been a week. You should be over this already.

But you're not.

And that's the problem.

-

"What are we to do again?" Loki asked. You, Loki, and Thor had just come out of a meeting with your mother and a few royal advisers. It seemed Loki was not paying attention.

You sighed before turning to him. "A parade." You were both in the lounge area of your chambers. You had invited him in for a casual chat after that dreadful and boring meeting.

"Ah, yes," replied Loki. "We must present ourselves to the masses as the newly engaged royal couple of Vanaheim. Lovely."

"Thor will be there too," you added. "Since he will be king of Vanaheim's sister-kingdom."

"I must warn you," said Loki. "People will throw themselves at Thor. I've seen it happen so many times."

"We're on our horses. It'll be fine."

Loki stood up when he spotted your chess set. "Whatever you say, dearest fiancee." You had rolled your eyes, both at his statement and at the very moment he managed to wrench out your chess set from your book case.

He returned to his seat and began opening the box, taking out various chess pieces. "Now, onto something more important," Loki said.

"Chess?"

"Black or white, princess?"

You stared at him for a moment before answering. "I'll play black."

"Confident, are you?"

"Most definitely," you smiled, fixing your pieces on your side of the board.

"Let us see how well you hold," replied Loki lightheartedly. He finished fixing his side of the board, and so he moved a pawn forward since he was playing white, he was meant to go first.

You also placed a pawn forward. "Better than you, I reckon." You smirked.

Loki had taken out one of his knights.

"You predict wrong, princess."

-

"That is checkmate," you replied, hiding a smirk. "For the second time."

"Perhaps you predicted correctly."

It has been over an hour and a half since you and Loki started playing chess over tea. To summarize, Loki proved himself to be a worthy opponent but still, you always managed to catch him off guard which became his downfall during the endgame.

You saw him pull a daring trick in which you had little to no chance of recovering from, and Loki felt victorious. However, you had done something far more daring, and that made Loki stumble.

As he let his king fall for the second time in a row, he sighed deeply. He accepted his fate that perhaps beating you in chess was a lot more difficult quest than he initially thought. But beating you in a game wasn't his goal when he brought out the set from your book case.

He was buying time. He wanted to spend time with you.

"Perhaps I did," you said with a small triumphant smile. "Or perhaps it's a bad day for you."

"That could also be a reason, yes," replied Loki, as he helped you put the pieces back in the box. "Nevertheless, it was great game, princess." He held out his hand, you shook it out of respect. It was only good sportsmanship.

Loki began standing up from his seat while finishing his cup of tea.

"Are you off then?" you asked.

"Afraid so," he replied. "I promised Thor I would choose a horse with him."

You smiled at the thought. "I'd recommend Arian and Grimma."

"Are you fond of horses?" Loki asked.

"Sort of. I just thought they'd suit your character. Arian is very fast but also very picky, and Grimma is almost always grumpy. You'll get along really well."

"We shall see, princess," replied Loki. "We shall see."

-

When Loki entered the stables, Thor was already talking to the stable boys there. He wasn't asking them about horses, he was talking to them about their experiences with their job. This made the stable boys' day go by easier, it seems.

"Ah, brother," Thor greeted. "Took you a while."

"You mean 'fashionably late'?"

"Whatever you say, Loki. Now, come on, we must choose our rides for the parade." Thor beckoned Loki to follow him and the stable boys, who lead them towards the end of the stables. There, four horses were housed next to each other. Two were spotty, one had accents of ginger hair, and one was pure darkness.

"Percy is her royal highness' chosen steed, Your Highnesses," the stable boy who Thor knew as Finn, said to the both of them. Finn pointed to the blonde horse with ginger accents on its body as he spoke.

Thor tried to pet the spotty black horse but it quickly turned its nose up, not wanting the Golden Prince to pet it.

"Arian is very... picky, Prince Thor," said Karl, Finn's friend and fellow stable hand.

Loki turned to Karl, "Which one is Grimma?" he asked, hands folded behind his back.

Karl's eyebrows raised by the tiniest bit, not expecting Loki to actually know any of the horses' names. "The pure black one, Your Highness."

Loki slowly approached Grimma. At first, the dark horse didn't want anything to do with Loki, but as he placed his hand upon Grimma's nose, it seemed to accept Loki's presence. He did not make any sudden movement, only petted Grimma slowly as to not surprise or scare away the already picky and quiet horse.

After Grimma released a few unapproving to approving huffs, Loki has made his decision.

"I shall take Grimma to the parade," he said, and the horse seem to nod at his decision. "Thor?"

His older brother was making kissy faces at the other spotty horse, the one decorated with brown spots instead of black this time. "I'm taking this lovely creature," Thor cooed. "Yes you are! You are wonderful! Indeed, indeed!"

The stable boys nodded amongst themselves and mentally planned on how these horses shall be groomed for the parade.

"Would the princes like to ride their steeds?" asked Finn.

"Why not?" replied Loki.

Finn and Karl collected the proper gear for Thor and Loki to have a quick riding session with their chosen steeds, so that when the day of the parade comes, the horses would already be used to them.

Once the stable boys had secured all the straps necessary for a safe ride, Thor immediately mounted his ride. Florian, his chosen horse, gave a soft and happy whinny as Thor settled himself.

"Just around the palace, yes?" Thor said to Loki.

"It sounds reasonable," replied Loki as he mounted Grimma, who gave no reply whatsoever. Loki might have heard an annoyed huff but he was going to deny that. Grimma tolerated Loki and that was enough.

"We won't be long," Thor nodded at Karl and Finn.

"Thank you," said Loki.

As the brothers let Florian and Grimma to a sensible trot around the palace gardens, they were as good as alone and free to talk freely amongst themselves without any eavesdroppers.

"In all seriousness, Loki. What took you so long?" Thor asked.

"The princess invited me for tea," replied Loki.

"I know that."

"I asked her to play chess with me."

Thor tried to hide a smile. "Of course, you did." He added teasingly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Thor shrugged, a knowing smile now spreading across his face. If older brothers were given the opportunity to tease their little siblings, they would never cease to take that chance. Thor was no different.

"Well, it's just that you've spending quite a lot of time with the princess," said Thor, almost in a mumbling way.

"You do understand that she's to be my wife, right?" replied Loki a little too sharply. Thor was getting to him now.

"But I do remember you saying back home that you were not fond of the princess?"

"I never said I was fond of the princess, brother."

"I don't need to hear you say that to prove it. You're beginning to like her."

It has already begun, long before you said it.

Loki sighed deeply and shot his brother a smile that could only signify his was coming to Thor soon. The Golden Prince had slightly widened eyes upon seeing that familiar smile, and decided to stop.

Loki let Grimma go into a quicker trot, leaving Thor behind by a few meters. "Come on, Thor! We wouldn't want to hassle the stable boys now, do we?"

Thor exhaled. "Coming!"

-

Loki immediately marched to his room after having Grimma and Florian returned to Karl and Finn to be groomed. He has had enough questions, enough prodding. As harmless as Thor thought they were, they simply made Loki's brain go a hundred miles per minute, with one question echoing over and over.

"What do you really feel about her?"

And everytime, Loki would answer something different.

"I feel content around her."

"I feel happy around her."

"I feel at peace when I am with her."

He couldn't find an answer that was remotely neutral or negative.

He simply enjoyed your presence, even when he's not taunting you.

And that sent alarms off in his brain.

What he was feeling wasn't fabricated at all.

As he passed your shared hallway, Loki heard something peculiar in your room. The doors were closed shut, but the lovely chords you played on the guitar pushed through the walls.

Of course she knows how to play an instrument. Loki's voice echoed through his own head.

He paced the hallway so that he could hear you play. He was entirely sure you'd stop playing if he entered your chambers. And when the piece ended, Loki debated with himself.

Should he let it go or should he enter?

He didn't bother to choose an option as his feet carried him towards your chambers, with the door unlocked he went in unannounced and clapped with every essence of sarcasm he could muster.

It was difficult when the awe was genuine.

"Did Queen Frigga not teach you about eavesdropping?" you asked without looking at him.

"She taught me a lot of things," Loki replied, shutting the door behind him.

"Even entering your fiancee's chambers unannounced?"

"No," Loki had a ridiculous smile on his face. It was charming but infuriating. "That I did on my own volition." He had his hands folded in front of him like a behaved child. He was anything but.

You set your guitar gently on your sofa. "What do you want, Loki?"

"Nothing at first but an idea came to mind," he replied. "What if you taught me how to play the guitar?"

You hummed. "No."

"And why not?"

"Because you annoy me."

"Aren't we friends?"

"Yes," you tutted. "And still, you annoy me."

"Come on, princess," Loki said deeply.

You never knew how easily a voice could distract you. Now you do. You snapped your eyes at him, he was smirking like he knew you were going to cave. But really, he was only hoping you would.

"What do I get out of this?" you asked.

"Quality time with the Trickster Prince."

"Something better, please."

"Rude," said Loki.

"If I teach you a singular chord will you be less annoying?"

"I shall put in all my efforts into doing such," Loki smiled goofily.

"Then fine," you caved. "Pick up the guitar, I assume you know how it's held."

Loki picked up the guitar from the sofa carefully and placed the curve across his thigh so it's nestled comfortably. He had his left arm around the neck and his right arm around the body.

"Now, these metal marks on the fingerboard are called frets. And for the chord I'm going to teach you, you'll need to put your pointer finger on this string at the first fret," you said while pointing at the string. You gently adjusted his finger so it was slightly curved and not touching any other string.

"Then, your middle finger to this string at the second fret," you adjusted his finger again. "And lastly, your ring finger on this string at the third fret."

Loki followed your instructions perfectly, but he couldn't help but stare at you while you gently guided his fingers to be placed properly on the fingerboard. He was almost mesmerized.

"Now, strum down but only the last 5 strings. Discard the thickest string on top." He did as you said and strummed the strings delicately. It rang out a beautiful C major chord.

"Nicely done," you said to him. Loki tried his hardest not to look extremely pleased with himself.

"Not too difficult as I expected," he said cockily.

"It was one chord, Loki."

"Then I suppose you'll have to teach me everything so I can gauge how difficult or easy it truly is."

The nerve and smoothness of this irritating Asgardian prince.

"Smooth," you said. "But I'll have to decline. Mother wants me to sort out the parade organization with her."

"Right," replied Loki. "When was it again?"

"In a few days."

Loki sighed, resigned.

"Have you chosen a horse yet?" you asked while picking a jacket to meet your mother, Alina with.

"Yes," answered Loki.

"Who did you end up choosing?"

"Grimma."

You smiled cheekily at him.

"Ha! I was right."

"You always are."

-

A week has passed, and it was now the day of the parade.

Your mother, Alina, had been unsurprisingly clever and wise with the planning. She had hired performers to lead the parade, including musicians, dancers, and world-class circus performers to serve as entertainment.

You were meant to ride alongside Loki at the center of the parade, between the lively band and dancers, with Thor not far behind. Actually, he was placed literally behind the two of you.

"Is everything ready?" Alina peeked in your chambers. You were tying your boots on when she spoke. Her eyes sparkled with joy when she saw your riding gear.

(basically arwen's riding outfit)

"Yes, mother," you answered.

"What of the princes?"

"I'm sure they're ready as well, mother."

"If that is the case," she said. "Then I hope the parade goes well. Be safe, my sweet love."

You let out a soft chuckle. "Mother, you planned this event. There is very little room for error," you said fondly. "And yes, I shall stay safe. I'll protect the princes if the royal guards are too slow."

Alina smiled. "I shall be watching from the courtyard and wait for your return, alright?"

You nodded and fetched your favorite dagger. It wasn't decorative or ceremonial, it was just a precaution. You never know what people are up to nowadays.

"You should get going," said Alina.

"I should," you said before walking up to her by your door. "I'll see you later, mother."

The parade was meant to begin from the palace courtyard, so, of course, everybody was gathered there. All of the circus performers had their equipment set up, the musicians were tuning their instruments, and the dancers were either stretching or making sure their ribbons didn't tangle while being transported.

The royal guard present there were mingling with each other, some were even taming their horses. They were wearing their usual uniform with your family's crest, with additional metal plates on their shoulders. A silver spear was also meant to be carried in order to show their rank and responsibility to the crown.

"Sister!" Thor called when he saw your figure entering the courtyard. He was cooped up to the side with Loki.

Your eyebrows raised in pleasant surprise. It took you a moment to find the princes but eventually, you saw Grimma and Florian off to one side and figured that they would be near.

"You look excited," you said to Thor.

"I am!" beamed Thor.

"You don't," you turned to Loki.

The Trickster Prince smiled sarcastically. "You always doubt me, princess."

"If you wipe that grimace off your face then I might just believe you're looking forward to be paraded around the city."

"I'm not grimacing."

"You're kind of grimacing, brother." Thor piped in.

"See," you pointed at Thor. "He agrees."

Loki sighed exasperatedly then proceeded to give you a "Really?" look. You smirked in return, glad to annoy him.

"Wow," said Loki with absolutely no enthusiasm. "Look at you two. Siblings-in-law already."

"Thor already calls me sister. I cannot resist."

Thor nodded along, now grateful to have someone tease Loki alongside him.

"You cannot resist?"

"Sometimes, my nerves of steel have limits, dearest fiancee."

The sound of loud horns rang out in the courtyard, calling everybody's attention.

The parade was about to begin.

Almost immediately, the royal guards marched into place with their spears, some were on horses while the higher ranking officials were on horses.

Next were the first batch of musicians. They followed their conductor, the one at the very front of their group.

You nodded at both of the princes, signalling them to ready themselves and hop on their horses. A servant came up to you with Percy, your beloved steed. You also hopped on your horse and rode alongside the princes, finding you place right in the middle.

"Brother!" said Thor happily. "Finally, you are before me!"

That rubbed an invisible wound in Loki, but decided to ignore that tingling pain. He knew Thor meant no harm. "About time," he replied with a small smile.

Still, you couldn't miss the sudden droop of his eyes when Thor reminded him of the fact he was always second, always in his older brother's shadow.

"Chin up, Loki," you said.

"I'll have you know that my posture is perfectly straight," Loki replied.

You hummed. "But your collar isn't."

Loki looked down and tried to straighten his clothing but you nudged his hand away.

"Let me," you said softly, that way only he would be able to hear it. You reached over effortlessly and set his collar right. Loki wanted to lie and tell himself you were being rough with his collar because he couldn't breathe.

Loki cleared his throat. "Thank you." He did not know you would do that with a busy crowd in the background.

You both shared a look before realizing the parade was beginning. The royal guard began to march at a steady pace, then the musicians began playing lively music as more and more participants of the parade exited the palace.

Onlookers beyond the castle walls began cheering and clapping along to the music, some people even brought flowers, ribbons, and confetti to contribute to the happy atmosphere.

Everybody looked at you with smiles on their faces. It has never felt this relieving than before. They accept you, they love you, they trust you to be their future queen. The smiling faces you were looking at right now, are the faces you will not disappoint. You made a vow to never turn your back against them, to always put the people's need first.

A young boy who was being carried by his father reached out to you, a flower in his hand. You accepted it and clutched it to your chest, muttering a "thank you." The boy giggled to himself and looked proudly at his father.

You now know what sort of leader you were going to be.

"Smile, Loki," you said to him. He was busy observing your interactions with your people to engage with them himself.

Loki dipped his head, reminding himself there was a crowd watching him too and not just you.

He then whipped out his award-winning charming smirk and began waving at the people cheering him on.

"I am smiling," he replied.

"Sure you were," you teased. You took one of the flowers the young boy handed to you earlier and gave it to Loki. People saw this and, of course, they cheered giddily.

He gave you a small smile in reply.

"Put it in your hair if it makes you happy," you said. "It doesn't matter, because this is how my people will remember you. This is their first impression of you. A charming, well-mannered, and loving fiancèe. Not a trickster or a liar."

Thor was too busy playing with Mjolnir in the air to hear what you told Loki. The Vanir people yelled in excitement every time he was about to catch it.

"This is your new start," you continued.

"I should thank you," said Loki.

"You should," you chuckled. "But I won't accept your gratitude. You deserve this, Loki."

He nodded to himself.

"As much as I hate to admit it." Loki laughed when you spoke.

You smiled. "That little girl wants to give you a gift." You pointed at a young girl in the crowd, raised above the people by her tall father. A flower bracelet in her hand.

Loki gave her a small smile before gently accepting her small gift. He put it on his wrist almost immediately.

This was the first gift he has received from the masses in a while.

He looked back at Thor once he secure the little bracelet on his wrist, and found his brother adorned with a flower crown on his head.

"It suits you, Thor," said Loki.

"It matches my hair, yes?" replied Thor.

"You look gorgeous, Thor," you piped in.

"Thank you," Thor said, fixing the flowers on his head sort of like a peacock ruffling its feathers.

"His ego is big enough already," said Loki.

"And yours isn't?" You raised a brow, and when Loki couldn't respond with a quick enough quip, a smirk began spreading on your face.

"You are enjoying yourself," Loki pointed out.

You hummed.

"I'm glad," he replied with a sardonic drip in his tone.

By now, you have circled the entire capital, and so it was time to turn around and return to the palace courtyard.

The people were still loud and cheerful, and surprisingly they were still the same amount when you were passing by then again. There were less confetti now, though. Most of the colorful pieces of paper were now littered on the ground, stuck in the rocky pavement.

"Did you enjoy it?" you asked Loki when nearing the entrance of the castle. "Be serious."

"I did," he said simply. And that was enough.

Upon entering the courtyard, your mother and father were still standing on the balcony overlooking the wide space. You waved to them when you returned.

"She's beaming," said Erik.

"Something must have happened," replied Alina.

"We can only guess, dearest. But I do have an inkling."

"And that would be?"

"Now, that would be telling, dearest. I don't want to betray our princess. She'd have my head!" Erik replied humorously.

"As long as she's happy. Yes?"

"Absolutely."

-

Nothing exciting happened after the parade. It seemed that many of the participants and organizers were too tired to continue celebrating after marching a few kilometers around the city. Instead of hosting a feast, your mother ordered for the performers to be given extra incentives and special delicacies to take home after that wonderful show.

Everybody was essentially given a day off after the big parade.

This meant that the palace was mostly quiet, less busy. The perfect time to roam without running into busy servants, chatty noblemen, and nosy officials.

You had made a mental note to knock on Loki's door directly after you have finished eating supper.

You made sure to wear something inconspicuous. Something that matched the color of the palace walls or the clothes of a servant.

You wore a simple white dress which definitely matched the colors of the walls, and its clean and matte fabric did not grab much attention when its been hit by light.

This would do, you've decided.

After supper, you got up from your seat and marched over to Loki's side of the hallway. You straightened your posture and your dress before knocking.

Loki didn't answer.

So you knocked louder.

And louder.

And-

"What is it?" The door abruptly opened and out came a disheveled Loki with wrinkled eyebrows. He was only in a tunic, loose trousers, and a robe. His agenda today was definitely not to roam the palace and explore all of the secret passages.

His demeanor immediately softened when he found out it was your incessant knocking. "Princess," he blinked, a little confused.

"Are you busy?" you asked.

Loki looked down on his own outfit. "Evidently not," he stepped out of the way, letting you enter his chambers. Your mother really did cater it to his taste. What once was a pale lavender room became a forest green wonderland with dark wood accents and golden furnishings. "What business?" Loki asked.

"I figured now would be the best time to tour you around the castle," you answered. "The servants are mostly with their families, the guards are off-duty, and the noblemen aren't roaming the halls during these hours. So, what do you say?"

Loki leaned on his sturdy bookshelf, his arms crossed in front of his chest. He looked down on his form, raised his hand, made a twisting motion with his fingers, and suddenly his simple lounge clothes turned into his usual dark green, black, and gold ensemble.

"Do you have something less conspicuous?" you asked.

Loki rolled his eyes and made the same action with his hands. From green and black, the fabric changed into a light cream and dark blue, matching the color pallet of a Vanir lieutenant.

"Perfect," you said. "Now, follow me."

Loki complied and followed your steps soundlessly. You led him to the servants' wing of the palace, and began descending into a spiral staircase.

"Servants used to use these stairs," you explained. "But ever since the renovations made a few centuries ago, they opted to use the ones overlooking the courtyard. More ergonomic and practical, I suppose."

As you spoke, you came nearer and nearer to an underground system in the palace. The water systems were much lower than where you are now, so the space was barren. There were only thick stone columns which served as the foundations of the castle.

"If this is all an elaborate way to get me lost and murder me, you could have just said so," muttered Loki.

"I'm not going to murder you, Loki," you replied.

"Not yet, you mean?"

You walked towards an empty, pale colored wall, which served as a division of some sort from one wing to another wing of the palace. Loki followed you until you were face-to-face with the wall. You observed it thoroughly, looking for any signs of tampering or damage.

"Are we going to stare at a wall all day?" asked Loki, his arms crossed in front of him.

"It would do you good to have some patience," you replied, now feeling the wall for any foreign textures. You grinned when you felt the weight change. "It looks barren to you, but to me it's a gateway to many hidden tunnels in the palace."

You backed off the wall. "Push your hand there, palm out." You pointed at the exact part of where he needs to put his hand. Loki followed your instructions and he was surprised to find his hand sink into the wall.

"Now," you continued. "Your going to feel your hand stop sinking, and when you do, turn your hand to the right and back. Kind of like you're locking a door."

Loki sank his hands into the seemingly concrete wall until he felt his palm hit a solid wall. He turned his hand to the right and back. Lo and behold, the wall opened like a door fit for three people. What was most peculiar about it, was how seamless and quiet the entrance was revealed.

"Seidr and engineering?" asked Loki, impressed.

"That's the Vanir way," you shrugged proudly.

You and Loki went through the door which hid a long cozily decorated room with 5 identical looking doors. The wall sealed itself up again once you and Loki stepped foot into the room.

"Surely now's the time you murder me," said Loki.

"I wouldn't want to get your blood on the carpet," you replied.

"Smother me, perhaps. There's a pillow right there." Loki pointed at one of the two love seats at the center of the room.

You rolled your eyes exasperatedly. He began to smile when he noticed you were getting fondly tired of his antics.

You sighed and moved on. "Now, these doors have elevators behind them, and those elevators lead to seamless walls around the palace as well."

"If they're scattered around the palace, how come I've never noticed a person use it before?"

"Because they don't know how to use it," you replied. "It's not secret knowledge on where these passages are. However, not everybody knows how to use them. Even my parents."

"There's no written manuals of this?"

"None. It was all in the palace architect's head."

"Interesting." Loki hummed. “Well, how did you figure them out?”

“Boredom and a lot of tinkering,”  you said plainly.

You beckoned him to follow you to the nearest door on your right. You opened the door and the gate of the elevator. It immediately elevated the moment the gate closed once more. Loki remained surprisingly quiet in the elevator.

A soft 'ding' rang out in the small elevator, signalling that you've arrived at your destination. The elevator gate opened, then the door.

To Loki's surprise, you were in your bedroom. Not your lounge or study or receiving area, you were in your bedroom.

"Princess, if you wanted me in your bedroom, you could have just asked." Loki said cockily, masking his awe. "It's dusk too. Scandalous!"

"Shut up, Loki," You sighed before sitting on your bed. "Do you want me to show you the rest of the doors or shall we play more games of chess?"

Loki shrugged his shoulders, a wave of green light washed over him, making the usual shades of his clothes return. "I suppose we could play chess," he answered. "After all, I have my whole life to wander these halls."

"You also have your whole life to play chess with me."

"Yes, but I might get tired of losing."

You dipped your head, smiling softly. "Alright." You opened the doors which divided your bedroom from your lounge and desk area. Loki trailed after you as you fetched the chess set and set it up on the coffee table in your lounge.

Loki presented you the pieces of both kings in both of his hands. "Black or white, princess?" He asked.

"I think I'll play white this time," you answered, grabbing the white piece out of his hand.

"White it is."

You placed the piece into its final spot before moving a pawn forward. The game had begun.

"I really thought you'd show me the entire palace grounds," said Loki after he moved his Bishop. You were now in the middle of the game, pieces were scattered around the board and some were already discarded.

"Would you rather I did?"

Loki shook his head. You moved a Knight, replacing his pawn. "Not really," Loki tsked as he figured out his Queen was trapped. "Complicated and hidden doorways are much more entertaining than gazing at sculptures and paintings of your ancestors."

"Fair point," You interchanged your King and Rook. "Perhaps, it was my mistake to show you the shortcut to my bedroom."

Loki chuckled. "I may be mischievous but I have manners, princess. I shall only use it to annoy you."

"That makes me feel at ease," you said sarcastically. You moved a seemingly nonthreatening pawn into position which caught Loki off guard. "Checkmate."

"I did not see that coming," Loki admitted.

"At least your Queen still stands," you commented.

"Right," he muttered. "Playing sober is a burden. Do you have any wine?"

Your lips turned up into a knowing smile. "As a matter of fact, I do." You stood from your seat and disappeared to your mini bar, situated near your wardrobe.

You returned with two glasses and a bottle of wine.

"Fermented for at least a decade," you said.

"This better be good, princess," said Loki as he poured himself a glass. He smelled it before taking a hearty swig. "Norns. That is good."

"Now, can you win?" you asked with a small taunting smile.

"I might just."

A couple of matches laced with glasses of wine passed, and the two of you were knackered.

You were rearranging your pieces back to their original form after Loki finally won his first game, and you were already thinking of packing it all up and retreating for bed.

"Come on, princess," slurred Loki. "Just one more game and I'll let you sleep."

You chuckled. "It seems to me that you might pass out first."

Loki scoffed. His movements now slower and more dramatic. Vanir wine really hit him hard. "I don't believe that for a second."

"Alright, then. One more game." You took the last sip from your glass of wine before pushing forward a pawn. Everything moved slower while intoxicated, and you weren't sure if this was the best state to play chess in. Perhaps earlier when there was only a slight buzz.

A few moves later, you already had your cheek resting on your palm, and Loki was trying his best to shake himself awake.

"It's your turn," you said to him, yawning.

Loki hummed. "Right."

Little did he know, it was the last pawn he would push forward before falling asleep face first on your coffee table.

When Loki advanced his pawn, you were already snoring away in your own palm. You didn't even have the chance to slip out of your outer dress to sleep more comfortably in a chemise.

You two passed out playing chess across each other, purely out of competitiveness, fondness, and stubbornness. Tomorrow you would wake up peacefully, but you had no idea what the morning would bring.

For now, you dozed quietly across Loki in your white dress. Its mini cape acting as your blanket as you sprawled yourself on the sofa sometime in the middle of the night, too groggy to notice Loki in your chambers.

-

Knock. Knock.

Knock. Knock.

"Your Highness?" A servant called out. "Breakfast is here!"

Broken out of your slumber, your back bounced up from the sofa. You rubbed your eyes groggily while yawning, and very much dazed and fuzzy, you said: "Yes! Come in! Please just leave it on my tray!" You were trying not to yawn in between words.

The door creaked open and shut twice as fast. The servant really didn't linger after placing your breakfast on the receiving tray. They probably saw Loki sprawled across the floor and was terrified at the thought of secrecy or interrogation, so they decided to do their job quickly.

You could barely open your eyes. It seems that the wine proved to be stronger than you both initially thought. With a final back stretch, you squinted before slowly opening your eyes, letting it adjust to the morning sun.

As you observed your seemingly normal and peaceful room, your eyes landed on the sleeping Trickster Prince on your floor.

Right.

You let a servant in while Loki's in your room.

And you didn't recognize the voice of the servant.

Fantastic.

You quietly groaned frustratingly to yourself before dragging your legs towards the hot tray of breakfast near your door.

Immediately, you poured yourself a cup of tea and grabbed a biscuit to go with it. Then, decided to return the biscuit to its plate and just bring the whole tray to your little coffee table, so you can sit peacefully while waiting for Loki to wake.

That surprised you.

You didn't want to wake him.

The thought of disturbing his rest and sending him back to his quarters didn't even cross your mind. You chewed on your biscuit while you let that thought simmer in your head.

With Loki's soft snores, you figured he wasn't going to wake up any time soon. So, you propped yourself on your feet and decided to continue on with your usual morning routine, occasionally checking on the Trickster Prince on your floor.

After relieving yourself from last night's dress, now replaced with a respectable sleeping gown and a robe, you then turned to your vanity to free your hair from any clips or ties you used the previous night. You set your hair loose so that your locks can have the break they were deprived from last night.

You returned to your spot at the sofa and continued sipping on your tea.

When you leaned over to fetch a pastry on the breakfast tray, you saw that Loki had been trying to ease his eyes to the morning light.

You smirked to yourself, biting the little pastry in your hand. "Good morning," you said.

Loki grunted.

"Not a morning person?" you asked.

"You're far too loud," said Loki. His voice was tired and a little hoarse.

"That's not me, Loki. That's the wine."

Loki looked at you from the floor, annoyed and hating his chosen position for sleeping. He gradually brought himself up to a sitting position, feeling his back crack is many ways. Slightly squinted, he noticed the breakfast tray as well as the cup of tea on the coffee table.

"Well," he started. "At least there's tea."

"Here." You handed him a tea cup you had fetched from your bar. Odd place for a tea cup to be placed but convenient for today. "Knock yourself out."

"I think I already did," he said, pouring himself a cup of tea.

You watched him soundlessly, choosing silence to encompass you both rather than awkward small talk.

"A servant must've brought these in," said Loki, picking up a biscuit from the platter. "Gossip travels quickly within palace walls."

You sighed. "Let them gossip. The court already knows we're engaged," you picked up your cup. "Besides, we weren't in a compromising position so-"

Knock knock knock

"Yes?" you called out.

"An invitation, Your Highness! From the Prince of Asgard himself!" said the servant.

Your eyebrows knitted and glanced at Loki.

"That's not me," he said quietly.

You went to open the door to receive the invitation from the servant.

"Is this from Thor?" you asked them, examining the beautiful calligraphy in your hands. It was an invitation for a private picnic at the White Plains near the Stagnant Hills not too far from the palace.

"Yes, princess. He instructed me to give these to you and the younger Asgardian Prince."

"I see. And this is later today?"

"I believe so, Your Highness. At tea time to be precise."

You shot the servant a soft smile. "Tell Thor Loki and I will be there. No need to give Prince Loki his invitation. I shall inform him myself."

"Of course, Your Highness. Good day!" They bowed before leaving.

Once you shut the door closed, Loki piped up.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Thor has invited us for a picnic," you handed him the invitation and returned to your seat at the sofa. "I said we'd both be there."

"We?"

"Yes, Loki. We." Loki rolled his eyes in reply.

"It'll be fun. I'm sure you'll love the scenery. The White Plains is situated near the Stagnant Hills and it's usually covered with silvery vines and greenery during this time of year."

"How about we make a deal?" He asked.

"And what is the deal?" You squinted your eyes at him, speculating what offer he's going to make you now.

Loki tilted his head as if he was deep in thought, when really, he already knows what he wants. "Bring me to the observatory after the picnic. It would be dusk when we finish, yes?"

"Yes..." you answered, a little suspicious. "That's all?"

"Yes."

"No other tools for absolute chaos?"

Loki smiled charmingly. "None, my precious fiancèe."

You squinted at him one last time before holding out your hand. "Alright then. That's a deal."

Loki smirked to himself as he shook your hand.

Tonight was going to be something.

-

(the outfit)

"Come on, sister! Loki! We're nearly there!"

Thor was overly excited to bring you and Loki along the plains. He had brought Florian along, his chosen spotty steed for this picnic.

The sun was nearer to the horizon than its peak, so its shine was mellow rather than harsh. You all have only been travelling for less than an hour, but you were already near your destination.

"When did you have the time to explore this area, Thor?" you asked, trailing behind him with Percy.

"I had some of your knights chaperone me here during the first days of our arrival," answered Thor.

"And I didn't know?" You shook your head fondly. "You're a slick one, Thor."

"Ah," Thor started with a smile. "I'm not sneaky, sister. It's just that you focus all your time on Loki that you forget to ask me about my own expeditions."

You gasped humorously at that while Loki's eyes widened as he gave you a glance.

"I never knew you make quips like that," said Loki from his steed, Grimma.

"I've learned, Loki. I've learned."

Loki shook his head.

"Ha ha! We're here!" Thor announced. He was beaming with pride when he presented the little open picnic area he managed to arrange all by himself. The baskets of food were all there as well as decorative flowers to make the scenery more beautiful.

"You did this?" Loki asked in disbelief.

"You doubt me too much, Loki."

"This looks lovely, Thor," you commented once you've safely secured Percy on a nearby tree along a small river.

"I have to admit," said Loki. "I'm impressed."

Thor smiled at Loki, a joyful sparkle in his eye, before approaching the large picnic blanket. "Shall we?"

You and Loki followed Thor towards the blanket and took your respective seats. Almost immediately, you made yourself a cup of tea and took a scone from its tiered platters.

Loki spotted some fruit in a wicker basket and indulged in those. He noted that the berries were smaller here, but sweeter and less tart.

Thor took one of many wrapped sandwiches with cured meat in them, saying that some of the fillings were his own inventions. You only hoped that the Golden Prince knew what he was doing with those combinations.

You saw Thor bring out a bottle of something that looked sickly sweet and honey-like in color. He poured it into a goblet and offered it to you.

"What is this?" You didn't wait for Thor's answer before taking a sip.

Your eyes slightly widened when the flavour touched your tongue.

"It's cider, sister." Thor answered pleasantly.

You turned to the princes, a little confused. "What's cider? Is it alcoholic? It tastes alcoholic."

"Is there no cider here in Vanaheim?" asked Loki.

"Evidently not," you replied.

"It's alcoholic yes, but weaker than mead," answered Thor.

You pursed your lips approvingly while nodding your head. "I like it. It's sweet and mellow."

"And, it goes perfectly well-" Loki reached over you and grabbed himself a slice of gingerbread off of the tiered platters. "-with gingerbread." He said before popping a crumbled piece into his mouth, maintaining eye contact with you.

"I see," you replied.

Thor saw the whole exchange and chose to not comment on it.

"Sister," he started. "I hear you play chess with Loki. How does he fair?" He asked, drinking his cider.

Loki rolled his eyes because he already knows what you were going to say.

"A worthy opponent, I'd say." Well, he was not expecting that. "He keeps me on my toes and I find it difficult to find moves or loopholes when playing with him," you continued.

Loki let out a soft chuckle. "Your loopholes are something."

"I've used most of my tricks on him." You shrugged.

Thor nodded and smiled at your responses. He figured that a healthy competition would keep you two happy in each other's company, because that is your true nature. Loki is cunning and sly and calculating, you're practically the same but with a bit more aggression.

"I shall go and check on the horses," said Thor while standing up. "Behave." He pointed at Loki.

"The princess is here how can I misbehave?" returned Loki.

"You always find a way, brother," Thor patted Loki on the shoulder before leaving.

The two of you stayed silent for a little while, enjoying the scenery. The sun slowly falling towards the horizon, the soft birdsong that keeps the swaying trees company, the still and stoic hills that surround you- it was serene.

You shifted from your perfectly poised sitting position to lying on your side, you elbow supporting your weight. Loki was beside you, as always, and he chose to copy your actions.

"Now," you started. "Why the observatory?" You popped a berry in your mouth.

Loki took a deep breath in, buying time. "I want to see it in full detail. I merely took a glance at it when we first arrived."

"So is this not your way of escaping Vanaheim?" You asked sarcastically. Loki laughed in reply. "Will you not call for Heimdall when we're in there?"

"I promise I won't," he replied. You gave him a doubtful look. "I like it here. It's peaceful unlike Asgard."

"I thought you were the Chaos God?"

"When you've been bringing chaos everywhere with you since your childhood, a little peace isn't so bad every now and again."

"I was jesting but thank you for the honest answer, anyway," you replied to which Loki groaned frustratingly. It was still out of lightheartedness though.

"What happens after we wed?" Loki asked.

"I get crowned as Queen of Vanaheim less than a decade after our marriage. You get crowned as King Consort not long after." and have an heir.

But you didn't want to say that.

Not in that way, Loki thought. But he didn't prod any further.

"Sounds alright."

"More agreeable than you initially thought?" you asked.

"Perhaps it's because we're not fighting every time we see each other."

"Astute observation, Loki. Well done," you joked. The two of you shared a soft laugh before Thor came back around, he had three horses on a lead behind him.

"I know, I look ridiculous." Thor announced his presence.

"Are we going home?" you asked him.

Thor was meant to say 'yes', but seeing as how you and his little brother were enjoying the atmosphere, he decided to prolong the stay a little longer.

"After the sun sets, then we shall ride home. Is that alright?"

"Perfect," you replied with a smile.

And that was exactly what you did. The three of you sat around the picnic blanket, chatting and eating while waiting for the sun to sink into the horizon.

When it was time, the sun had sunk halfway into the horizon. Unlike sunsets in Asgard where it was more golden, this was cooler and more colorful. The pink and blue hues in the sky danced together to make a lovely purple in between, accented by the orange and yellow rays of the sinking sun.

Loki never thought he'd love a sunset as much as this one. He argued that it was because of the different colors melting into each other. But another voice in his head- a rather loud and incessant one- screamed that it was because the sky reflected in your eyes so perfectly.

He let his thoughts mix and fight in his head. He was too distracted by you anyway.

As Loki closed his eyes to soak up the remaining rays of the sun, you turned to him and whispered in a jesting tone: "I never knew the sun suited you, Loki."

-

The ride home was fairly peaceful- externally that is- for Loki's mind has been running relentlessly ever since you hopped on your horses.

He was starting to regret his plan.

Why the observatory? There were many other locations that were better than that.

Why after the picnic? He could've chosen a better time.

He was thinking of backing out. He was so close to backing out.

But Frigga's voice rang loudly in his mind.

You can do it, my son. Propose to her with a true and honest heart. That is what you want, yes?

Yes. Loki wanted to propose to you in the observatory. And he worries that you might find it ridiculous because, of course, you were already engaged.

Well, that was only his worries. He may never find out if you found it ridiculous or not if he didn't try.

You and Loki stopped in your tracks once the observatory was near. Thor kept moving forward though.

"Are you not coming?" Thor asked.

"I asked the princess for a tour of the observatory tonight," answered Loki.

"We won't be long, Thor," you replied. "I promise."

"Alright! Stay safe!" Thor waved at the two of you. You returned the sentiment and waved goodbye before guiding your horses to the direction of the observatory.

It wasn't that far from the palace, so returning would be quick and easy. The ride lasted ten minutes before you and Loki entered the large dome-shaped facility, telescopes of different sizes pointed in different directions. And there was an empty space at the center of it all, for other-worldly visitors to land in after travelling via the Bifrost.

"This is it," you said to Loki, presenting the stark white observatory with open arms.

"Is it always this empty?" Loki asked.

You shook your head. "I sent them home for tonight, and for those who needed to work were given permission to use the telescopes within the palace."

Loki looked at you, a little surprised. You merely shrugged in reply.

"Less shiny than Asgard, that I'll say." He was scrambling for topics to talk about to stall, and he was having trouble.

"Less harsh on the eye, I hope?"

"Definitely." Loki smiled as he gazed upon the glass roof of the observatory from the center of the room. That glass roof can open anytime if there's a traveller coming to land.

You beckoned him to follow you up some stairs that hugged the wall. There was no second floor, only a small lip that distinguished the divisions.

You led him through an archway which leads to an open balcony to freely gaze upon the starry night sky.

"I always went here as a child," you said, reminiscing the days where your tutors would teach you about certain stars. "Lady Serena loved constellations and she taught me about them weekly."

You leaned on the railing and admired the shining stars and planets of the Nine, happy just to see them sparkle.

Loki took a deep breath. This was the perfect spot.

"Can you point out a constellation to me?" Loki asked politely.

You pointed East which contains the larger constellations. "There's always that one flickering star, and it's part of the constellation The Eldring. It's a man seemingly trekking while holding a torch. That star symbolizes the fire of the torch."

When Loki didn't reply, you turned to him. But found him on his knee, presenting a gold wired ring with a lavender colored gem on it that was native to Asgard.

Well, you certainly weren't expecting this.

You left out a soft chuckle. "Loki. What is this?" Your tone was still light and easy, Loki knew you weren't upset.

"It's a proposal, cant you see? I thought it would be my turn to surprise you with the prospect of marriage," replied Loki.

"Stand up, Loki."

His face visibly dropped his signature smirk. "Come on, princess. Let me have this. Humor me?"

You merely smiled at him. He did not know this particular Vanir custom. "We don't kneel in Vanaheim, Loki." You were beginning to laugh. Loki began to stand, the box of the ring still opened in his hand, still presenting to you.

"Well, there goes our wedding night."

You rolled your eyes. Must he always ruin things like these with jests?

Well, you do too, but that's besides the point.

"I was about to say yes. You ruined it." There was a sparkle of mischief in your eye, and Loki, of course, noticed it. A winning smirk began spreading across his face.

"Have I really?"

You shook your head. "No, Loki Odinson. My answer is yes. I shall be your wife."

Loki sighed and felt as if tons of weight were lifted from his shoulders.

"May I?" he asked, his palm open for your hand. You nodded soundlessly and let him slide the beautiful ring onto your finger. It matches your wardrobe. He paid attention.

"These gems aren't native in Vanaheim... You brought these from-"

"From Asgard, yes." Loki cut you off.

You two stared into each other's eyes, now completely understanding. He got these before he arrived on Vanaheim. Loki spent time thinking about this.

Now you know, he never truly hated you for asking him to be betrothed to you. He never did.

Without another word, you hugged him tightly. So much that it surprised him and knocked some wind out of his chest.

Slowly, Loki wrapped his arms around your form as well. He closed his eyes, savoring this moment.

"I was needlessly rude to you. I apologize." Your voice was muffled against his chest.

"Don't worry, princess. I've forgiven you a long time ago," said Loki. "Because if I were in your position, I would be needlessly rude to myself too."

You chuckled softly before letting go off Loki.

Loki slowly brought his hand up to your face, tracing your cheekbones to your jaw before pushing pieces of your hair away from your face. His eyes would flick to your lips then to your eyes.

"May I?" asked Loki softly.

You smiled before doing the honor of colliding your lips together.

This was only the second time you've kissed- the first time on your own volition.

And Norns it felt so right.

"Nevermind," you said after parting. "You look much better in the moonlight."

.

.

.

.

Update - January 14, 2022

Happy New Year everybody!!! I hope your 2022 started on a positive note!

Little update so you guys are aware but the second semester of my school year just started so updates will be back to 3-4 week intervals.

I'm terribly sorry to keep you all waiting because I do really like writing for y'all about our favorite mischief causer, but I need to set my priorities straight since I'm getting closer and closer to finishing high school!

I hope you all understand

You all mean the world to me

Thank you so much for enjoying the content I put out

I love you all <33

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.8K 50 16
Loki X reader Y/n is an asgardian who was living an amazing life far away from the city of Asgard with her mother. Her mother was the head of the ser...
10.7K 251 25
Warning : If you're homophobic skip ... If you're not +18 skip ... If you're uncomfortable with self harm skip ... If you're uncomfortable with menta...
3.3K 294 16
Driven by an insatiable yearning for personal happiness, Loki succumbed to the depths of his desires and set in motion a plan to reclaim what he beli...
9.3K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...