The Promotion {Editing}

By _xxAMxx

Cover credit goes to @meha-k Banner credit goes to @sarcastic-mess ... More

Authors note + Achievements
Character Aesthetics
Playlist
Part 1: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Character Aesthetics: Updated
Part 2: Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Sixty-Two

350 17 17
By _xxAMxx

Louisa's POV

Darkness surrounded me. All my senses felt like they were awoken from a slumber. Pain pounded on my brain like a heavy rock. I had no energy to lift my head.

My body felt heavy, as if it was drugged. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. The last thing my brain can capture; was being in car, with an unknown man, and I knife was held towards me.

It slowly comes back to me; images dipping in and out of my brain. A cloth was put over my mouth and I lost all senses and was consumed by darkness.

It took all my strength to push my eyes open. When my vision slowly came back, I could feel a sting imbedded on my wrists. I move my eyes to my hands, and I note that I'm tied up.

I focus on my left hand, something seemed different, my mind couldn't comprehend what felt different. After a few seconds of deliberation, it drops to me that my engagement ring is missing.

My heart drops, it felt like my heart was sinking at the sight of my bare finger. My love, my symbol, my connection to Alexander was gone. Automatically, my head averts to my neck, where I notice the absence of my necklace.

Tears brimmed into my eyes, as a grave fear and sadness washed over me. I try to struggle out of this predicament, but the rope was engraved into my skin and each tiny movement caused me pain.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to wake up." A familiar voice captures my attention.

Pushing up my heavy head, I turn to where the voice echoed from. In the far corner, of the dimmed, dusty room was a face I never thought I'd see again.

There peering at me, was Viv. She slowly makes her way to me, with her arms crossed and a bitter look concealing her face.

"Viv?" I finally let out in a hushed voice. A cough ruptured from my mouth, the dryness was harsh in my throat, causing it to feel sore and itchy.

Viv offers some water; I back my head. There was no ounce of trust in me to accept anything from her. She shrugs and throws the bottle of water to the other side of the room.

"I bet you have so many questions." She asks in an ominous tone, whilst also sitting apposite me. I nod my head anticipation waiting for an answer.

"Well, let me give you the run down, we don't have a lot of time." She looks down at her watch and then proceeds to turn her head to me. "You see Louisa. The day you sent my husband to prison, that day I decided I was going rain hell on your life and get my revenge. I thought for a very long time, what can hurt the wonderful Miss Louisa Watts. And that's when it came to me, love. Your biggest weakness is love. After that the ideas came flooding to me. I contacted Lucinda and asked her how she would love to get back with her beloved Alexander, she jumped at the opportunity. And the rest is history."

I stare at Viv, who plastered a smile on, having no care in the world. A heavy dull feeling of sadness washed over me, like a tidal wave. Everything that led to me being here, was all calculated by Viv. She roped Lucinda to drive a wedge between us, she wanted Lucinda to rip Alexander away from me, and my fear and trust issues fed into Lucinda achieving her goal.

"So, what's your plan? Are you going to kill me?" I hiss back.

Viv let's out a slight chuckle. "Don't be silly, of course not. I'm just going to keep you away from Alexander. Lucinda will do her job in getting Alexander to fall back in love with her, and then you'll be a distant memory."

Her words stabbed into me, attacking me and causing sadness to consume me. Deep down I know Alexander will never forget about me. I know our connection is strong, and I feel that he will be looking for me.

"I'd love to stay here all night and chat, but we've got to get going." Viv says getting up from her chair.

She calls the unknown man. He comes into the room with heavy footsteps, untying me from the chair. I push and kick to get away, but the strong hold he had on me was no match for me.

Viv leads the way outside, I notice we're surrounded by nothing, but open fields. We were in a run-down house on the outskirts of the city. I could see the bright and shiny lights of the city. A tear pricked my eye and all I could think about was home. All I could think about was Alexander.

The driver pushes me into the car, before I could make any sudden movement, Viv sits next to me, holding a knife. I freeze at the sight of the sharp blade, remembering the time when Charles held it against my neck. Terror swelled up in me, I shook with fear of a steal blade so close to me.

The driver gets in to the start the car, but fails to do so as the engine splutters. After a few attempts, he still couldn't get the car to start.

"What the hell is happening?" Viv barks towards the driver.

He mumbles something about the engine, he plods out of the car, lifts the bonnet to check the problem. The driver was hidden behind the bonnet, but a loud thud shakes the car. My eyes dart from left to right, trying to get sight of what the sound was. It was late at night and dread was building up between Viv and I. Visibility was reduced, the only source of light was from the lamp situated outside the abandoned house.

Viv curses under her breath, and storms out of the car, dragging me with her. She grabs hold of my arm, twisting it behind me, whilst placing the knife close to my back. She edged to the front of the car, where we see the driver spiralled out on the floor, unconscious.

We both stop in our track, staring at the man on the floor. My eyes widened with alarm, the hairs on the back of my neck sprang up and a shiver cascaded down my spine.

Viv's hold on my arm got stronger, she jabbed her fingers into my skin, as I continued to wriggle my way out of her grasp. Our attention was caught by the rustling from the bushes, they start swaying side to side. I held my breath waiting for something or someone to appear.

Swiftly, I let out a long sigh, happiness floods into me as I see Alexander emerge from the bushes. I leap at the opportunity to run into his arms, but I'm held back Viv.

"Stop!" She screeches. "Stay where you are! Don't come closer or else I'll hurt her. I swear if you've called the police-"

"I haven't!" Alexander explains, holding up his hands. "It's just me. Look we can sort this out, just let Louisa go."

My ears dance at the soft, melodious tones of his voice. I longed to hear him again, and now that he's within reach, it pains me that I am not able to run into his arms.

"No!" Viv sneered, holding the knife close to me. "You need to pay for sending my husband to prison."

"Look at me Viv, you know he was a bad man. He did bad things; he deserves to be in prison. Put the knife away, we can go and co-operate with the police, we can sort this out." Alexander reassured. He slowly starts to edge closer to us.

Viv let's out an exasperated grunt. She slightly trembles, muttering under her breath, not knowing what to do.

I gaze deeply into Alexander's angelic eyes; he didn't need to say anything for me to understand how he was feeling right now. I plead with my eyes, showing him how much I need him right now.

"Come on. Put the knife away." Alexander resumes persuading Viv.

Just as she starts to take the knife away from me, just as it felt like she had her guard down, Alexander launches towards us. In an instant Viv let's out a deafening scream, turning me to face her, I see the knife come in my direction.

I froze in terror, waiting for the knife to plunge into me. Alexander extends his arm, seizing Viv to stop her. As Alexander and Viv get into a scuffle, tearing the knife away from each other, I'm pushed to the side. I land on my knees, rippling pain crumples into me. I wince at the pain shooting from my knee to my leg.

I'm forced to set my pain aside. Getting straight up, I run towards Alexander and Viv, who are still pushing and pulling each other, trying to get the knife.

"Let go of the knife!" Alexander yelled.

My fight or flight senses kicked in, panic detained my brain, as I try to get between Alexander and Viv. The knife was concealed between their hands. I had no vision of it. I latch on to them both, trying to pull them away.

Suddenly, the sound of the knife plunging into flesh ruptures into my ears. The three of us stopped, eyes widened in shock and terror.

Time around me had stopped when I saw Alexander grunt and fall to the floor, with the knife plunged into his abdomen.

I let out a terrifying screech, calling out Alexander. I land on to ground next to him, not noticing that Viv made her exit, running away.

In that moment, all I cared about was Alexander. The deep red colour of blood, oozed out. My fingers tremble in pure fear. Sobs escape my mouth; my chest shook at the sight of Alexander in pain.

"Ph.. Phone.. in.. P-pocket." Alexander stutters, with his chest heaving as he tries to steady his breathing.

Without delaying, I fish out his phone, and dial emergency services.

"Alexander, stay with me. I'm calling the ambulance. Stay with me, okay?" I sobbed. A dreaded fear ran down my spine.

"I.. I'm sorry.. I l-love.. y-you." Alexander let's out in a slurred tone; his eyes start to droop.

A heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach weighs me down. I let out sob after sob, shaking in terror.

"Baby, stay with me, okay? You're going to fine I promise. Stay with me." I pleaded.

I proceed to call the ambulance. I was instructed how to stop the bleeding, whilst waiting. But no matter how much I was reassured on the phone, my panic increased as each second passed.

I thought I was going to lose Alexander when Viv dragged me into the car. Then seeing him, in front of me, prepared to save me, I had a glimmer of hope. And now that was all snatched away from me.

It felt like I was balancing myself on a tight rope. My hope swayed side to side, I didn't want to fall, I didn't want to fall in to a world where there was no Alexander. He has to get through this.

No matter how much I swayed, I made sure I was standing still on the tightrope. I had to be strong.

"Stay with me, okay? You're going to be just fine." I repeated, with the words feeling like they were strangled in my throat.

I can't lose you.

***

A/N

That's a blast from the past!! It was Viv all along! Who guessed it was Viv behind all this meddling.

Alexander finally made it, he was so close... but it can't be that easy, I had to creat some drama! Don't hate me! It saddened me writing this.

Do you think Alexander will make it?

Share this story, comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote!

Love _xxAMxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
471K 28.1K 67
Book one in the trilogy. **** When Lizzie Cooper leaves her cheating husband behind and moves to London, she decides to reinvent herself to bury the...
39.8K 356 6
Morgan Cahill loved her job... that is, until her coworker-slash-cheating ex-boyfriend Justin was promoted to be her boss. All of a sudden Morgan's...
83.9K 4.4K 71
Anthony Lockwood. I gave myself to him 6 years ago, I thought we would be together forever. Things happened. We had to end our relationship. 6 year...