LOKI IMAGINES

By retrolokii

Title says it all. Requests are very much open just comment or dm pls and thanks ‹3 [ON GOING] May contain ot... More

Midsummer in Valhalla
Dance With Me
Call Me A Thief
Paper Rings
In The Wee Hours of the Morning
Oh Dearest, Your Fangs Are Showing.
Publicist Problems
Oh, Hello Doctor.
Where Am I? (Harry Potter x MCU AU)
England (Part 1)
England (Part 2)
England (Part 3)
Ghost Hunting (Unsolved x Crimson Peak)
Loki of Norway
Quarantine with Loki (Days 1-2)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 3-4)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 5-6)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 7-8)
Cabin in The Woods
Cabin in the Woods (Part 2)
So, We Meet Again...
Trickster's Surprise
Alfheim's Finest
Time Travelling's a Bitch
Hello, Neighbor!
Stay, You Fool.
Alfheim's Finest (Part 2): Picnic Day!
The Night Before
Ladies of The Court
Accidental Pen Pals
Dancing in the Moonlight
Emergency Healer
Heart of The Woods
Something New (Capt. James Conrad x Reader)
I Guess We're A Good Team After All
I'm Here.
Sleipnir's Arrival
Meeting The Family
Cold Mornings
Oh, Cupid.
You Wound Me
Perfectly Mischievous
Assumptions
Finally Free (Thomas Sharpe x Reader)
In Safe Hands
Come and Get Me
In Safe Hands (Part 2)
Secret Santa
Palace Libraries
Cheers to Victory
Run to Me, Baby.
Time Capsule
Did Somebody Call For Agent Loki? - Part 1
Did Someone Call For Agent Loki? - Part 2
Did Someone Call for Agent Loki? - Part 3
I'm Not Actually A Vampire!
Don't You Dare Die On Me
Bloodthirsty
Sinister Kid
Sparks Fly
Dead Men Tell No Tales (or do they?)
Halloween Special!
Royal Pain in The Ass
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 3
Nights are Better with You
You're Just as Strong as Me
I Love You (Against My Better Judgement)
Much Ado About Nothing
The Pirate and The Prince
Heaven Be Damned (I Have You)
Better Unknown
It Will Come Back
You're So Warm
I Can't Bear to Lose You
I Like You Better (Than Him)
Bets On. Clothes Off (Well, Almost).
Is This A Date?
My Love Mine All Mine
Hate It When You Do That
When Death Gives You An Out (You Take It)
Peace and Quiet, At Least For a Moment.
Peace and Quiet, Now Until Forever
What You Taste Like [SMUT]
What You See
A Ballad of Vicious Mockery
A Ballad of Reluctant Affections
A Ballad of Hope and Promises
At The End of Time
Until I Am Enough
Like Real People Do

Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 2

1.1K 36 31
By retrolokii

Since of yall wanted it so...

Here I am delivering 😌😌

This one is long btw, around 9k words bc I'm a mess for these two
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The handshake happened about a week ago, and you haven't had a proper talk with Loki ever since that night.

You've sparred with Thor, Sif, and the Warrior's Three but Loki was rarely ever with them. It's as if he knew what time you were going to arrive, and he would make his exit seconds before you could say hello.

You thought to yourself, "If he doesn't want to talk to me that's fine. I have no annoyances and I'm making good friendships and connections. I don't need him... yet."

The "yet" part always killed you.

However, it was necessary. You would do anything that would mean security and comfortability for your realm and even for yourself.

Nessa, Frigga's lady-in-waiting, your temporary servant, was slowly opening up herself to you. When she was hesitant and meek the first time you conversed with her, now she offers you insight without having the need to ask permission to speak "freely".

You disliked that part. Why must anyone ask to speak freely as if it's not a given right?

Well, when you are queen, you vow to give servants more freedom and higher pay. Progression is key, after all.

However, you also started bantering with Nessa as if she were a friend. She was a lovely girl. You could only hope she lands herself in a position where she is liberated and comfortable.

"Good morning, princess," she greeted you one day. This was the fifth day of your visit and frankly you were slowly getting bored of all the things you could do on Asgard without a chaperone.

"Good morning, Nessa," you smiled. "What news?"

"Not much. I feel as if it's still way too early for gossip, but I shall tell you what I could gather later on today."

"Oh," your eyes widened, remembering something your mother told you yesterday night at dinner. "Mother told me of a plan to bring the princes to Vanaheim later this year. Keep an eye out for that."

"Will do, Your Highness," Nessa smiled.

After Nessa left, you took it upon yourself to visit the Palace Library. It completely slipped your mind that you could visit the library without a chaperone, because like in your home, the library was in the palace.

You went to multiple servants and Einherjar to tell you the directions to the library. Most of them offered to walk you there but you declined, saying you want to explore the palace by yourself.

Upon walking halls and halls of gold and marble walkways, you finally noticed a large arcing door. It was of polished wood and was very distinguishable from meters away. The color pops out of the usual gold and cream walls of the palace.

You opened the door to the palace library. There were love seats and chairs scattered on the main floor where people could sit quietly and read with other strangers. There was a front desk for the head librarian but it seems to be empty. Then, you craned your head towards the ceiling to see a second floor filled with more rows of books.

There were large windows and even a large chandelier hung from the ceiling to add to the brightness of the place. The stairs from which you could climb to get to the second floor hugged the walls near the entrance with their ornate railings.

The doors behind you automatically closed, and it was just you inside the large Asgardian library.

At least, that's what you thought.

"You could have had a servant fetch you a book," said the raven-haired god you managed to secure an engagement to.

"Nessa's quite busy, I'm having her collect gossip I'm afraid," you answered nonchalantly, walking towards the tall aisles of bookshelves. Loki walked alongside you, his hands clasped behind his back.

"I didn't know you were one to dabble in rumours, princess," Loki smirked.

"I'm having her listen for plans, not petty rumours," you replied. "Besides, you would stop teasing when you realize it has something to do about you too."

"And that is?"

You stopped at a particular aisle, reaching for a book with an interesting spine.

"Mother plans to bring you and Thor to Vanaheim," you answered.

"Thank the Norns! Finally a trip!"

"I don't like how excited you are for this. Perhaps I should dissuade her..."

"I am to be your husband, I'm going to be paraded around your realm whether you like it or not."

"Why must you make it sound like a threat?"

Loki did not answer and instead gave you a cheeky smile as a reply. He glanced at the book you were holding in your hand.

"An Asgardian Classic?" he asked.

"Why not? I'm bored, I can't do much without a chaperone."

"Ask any Einherjar, they'd be happy to escort you."

"A slight problem there, I hate being chaperoned. I feel as if my privacy is being threatened."

Loki wanted to offer to escort you wherever you pleased, but he chose to hold his tongue.

"That is understandable. After all, us royals have been in the public eye since we were born."

"Tell me about it."

-

The sun bid its farewell and sunk further into the horizon. It was now dusk, hours after your encounter with Loki in the palace library. You had no idea where he headed off to after you left, and frankly you didn't want to know.

He was a lot pleasant today as opposed to the night of the handshake. Perhaps he wasn't teased by The Warrior's Three before you spoke to him, or perhaps he finally understood that in order for you and he to live comfortably after marriage, you're going to have to get along. You're just happy he's making an effort.

Nessa knocked on your door. You closed your book before opening it.

"Supper already?" you asked.

"In a few moments," she said. "But I did hear something about Loki and Thor."

You tilted your head inquisitively.

"Go on."

"It is confirmed. The Vanir Queen aims to bring Thor and Loki to Vanaheim later this season."

"I knew it," you said. "Thank you, Nessa. Perhaps mother will discuss it over supper with Queen Frigga present."

"You are most welcome, Your Highness. Shall I escort you now?"

"Of course," you said after smoothing your gown.

Upon entering the dining hall, only the princes and the queens were seated at the table. You wondered where your father was. This was the first time he didn't join you for dinner since your arrival.

You bowed to Frigga respectfully before sitting down beside Loki.

"Mother, where is father?" you asked once the first course was served.

"He and King Odin are having their kingly meetings. However, I suspect they're playing chess over hot tea," answered your mother, Alina.

"At this hour, I think it might be mead instead of tea," you added lightheartedly.

"We shall see," said Alina.

Frigga said your name kindly which made you glance in her direction. "How was your visit to the library today?" she asked.

"It was lovely," you answered with a smile. "I picked out Asgardian classics my tutors didn't bother to teach me."

"Well, how does our library compare to the one in the Vanir palace?" asked Loki.

"There's not much difference when it comes to content, more on the architecture."

"Are your bookshelves so futuristic that they float?" Thor added humorously.

"No floating bookshelves yet," you said. "However, we do have an elevator at the very center of the room that's surrounded by a circular tower of books."

"An elevator?" Thor asked, confused.

"It's sort of like a platform you stand on and it takes you to whatever level of the library you wish. It's safer than it sounds, I promise."

"Will I get to see it?" Loki butted in, he knew what he was doing. He knew that what he said was going to shift the topic of the conversation, and with that stupid smirk he had on his face, he's well pleased with himself.

You shrugged. "Perhaps-"

"Most definitely!" Alina perked up from her seat. "Your mother and I have been discussing and we thought it would be proper to have you princes visit Vanaheim later this season." She was grinning widely.

"I won't be able to come with you, boys. It will just be the two of you. I'm sure you'll behave, yes?" said Frigga, she threw a knowing look at her sons at the end.

"Of course, mother," said Thor. "I shall keep Loki in check."

"I think it's the other way around, brother," added Loki. "Still, I am excited."

"Truly?" asked Alina.

"Of course. It would be an honor to explore my partner's Motherland and be drenched in its culture," Loki said with a seriously set face. "And ride the library's elevator." That earned a quiet laugh from your mother.

"Then it shall be organized immediately so it'll go smoothly," Alina smiled.

"Lovely to hear, Your Majesty," replied Loki.

You could almost smell your doom knocking on your door.

-

It was now the end of the week, the date of your departure.

The servants have arranged your chambers to its original form, with little to no evidence of your short residence there. Your luggage has also been packed. You made a mental note to remember Frigga's priceless gift to you. You personally packed that necklace yourself because you wanted to ensure its safety.

Nessa stood at the entrance of your door as you looked upon your packed luggage. Almost a week and a half in a foreign realm, you mentally patted your back for not causing that much mayhem.

"Your Highness?" peeked Nessa.

"Nessa!" you greeted. "What brings you here? Do you carry news?"

She shook her head, playing with her hands nervously. "No, princess. I merely wanted to say thank you and goodbye."

You smiled softly while approaching her by the door. "This is not our last meeting, Nessa."

"I know, but, I would like to thank you for giving me hope and strength and determination to help other women who are not as fortunate as me. Thank you, truly. I cannot wait to see you as queen."

"Nessa, you're far too kind. Thank you as well for being a friend, at least for two weeks." You chuckled softly.

"Goodbye, Your Highness," she bowed.

"I shall see you soon, Nessa."

And she left.

You sighed and took a sip on your cold cup of tea before exiting your room to go to the throne room to say your final goodbyes to the Asgardian Royal Family.

Entering the giant room with your parents before you didn't feel as foreign as the first time you did it. You somehow accustomed yourself to the gold and cream walls and high ceilings of the palace within the short time you've wandered its halls.

Erik, your father, shook hands with Odin a final time before leaving. The men clutched each other by the shoulder.

"I shall try to visit you in your own office," said Odin.

"You should, so I could take your bishop with my queen." Your father smiled.

Frigga and Alina held each other's hands after embracing. "I shall see you soon," said Alina.

"You certainly shall," Frigga replied. "Tell me if the boys give you any problems."

"Of course," Alina chuckled.

You and the princes had a final chat away from your parents.

"Well," you started. "This visit was certainly something."

"Quite eventful, yes," Thor added, his hands clasped behind his back. "Hopefully our visit to Vanaheim is a little more tame."

"I have a feeling that it'll be a lot more chaotic," you replied.

"Of course," said Loki. "I'll be there, chaos follows me."

"Yes, I had the wits to put two and two together," you said. Loki smiled cheekily to himself.

When no other words were exchanged between the three of you, Thor excused himself to say good bye to your parents. It left you and Loki, face to face with each other.

"I think we've made some progress," said Loki.

"What?"

"You know, we wanted to tear each other's head off the first day you visited, and now we're betrothed. Quite a leap, don't you think?"

"What makes you think I don't want to tear your head off right now?"

"You need me," he said cockily.

"Good bye, Loki," you said, resigned. He took your hand and placed a kiss at the back of it unwarranted. You looked at him as if he grew another head on his shoulders.

"Come on, darling. They have to think we like each other," Loki said quietly.

"I don't think that's an issue anymore." You turned your head and Loki followed your eye line. It was Thor cheering you both on, mouthing encouragement.

"Ah," said Loki. "Nevertheless, good bye, princess." His smile was far too pleasant to be comforting.

"I'm dreading the time I get to see you again, Prince Loki," you said in a lighthearted tone.

"That's what they all say, dearest."

-

The lights of the Bifrost have disappeared, its only evidence was the large circular design it left in the smooth marble flooring of Vanaheim's observatory. It was different from Heimdall's golden one, although this one was also a dome and also used as a landing pad for Bifrost travel, the observatory housed many large telescopes from which astronomers and astrologers use.

It felt lovely to be back home, the air was a little bit cooler and the light was a little less harsh. If Asgard was golden and flashy, your home was more mellow and cool. Although, your fellow countrymen do have a rowdy side, they mostly minded their own business and set aside any hostility if there be any disagreements.

Kind of ironic for their future queen to be so hot headed, right?

Upon entering the palace, the familiarity of the gray granite walls set your mind to relax itself. No more Loki for a while, no more constantly dealing with a stressful and chaotic Trickster Prince.

You realized your married life would constantly be fussing about the Trickster Prince and that just made you internally groan like an edgy teen.

You have a month before the end of the season. A month before you see Loki and Thor again.

Your marriage would happen not long after their visit. Perhaps two more seasons to pass? Sometime in early spring?

Goodness.

Too fast.

You should have bought yourself more time for the marriage and heir part of your Queen-ship.

Alright, enough of that.

You're home and that's what matters right now. Your priority is to present yourself to court then take a very long and very deep nap.

-

This day would be eventful, you've decided.

A month has now passed since you returned from Asgard, and now it was the princes' turn to visit your homeland.

Your mother was the overseer of all the planning. Erik had a say in everything because he was king, but he chose to let his wife lead since he thought Alina was a genius at planning mass events. So, instead of sitting on the throne all day, hearing out the council and having meetings with ambassadors, he chose to follow Alina wherever she went, supporting her choices fully.

The feasts were planned, so was the parade, the rooms in which the princes will stay in are also getting arranged now, and so many more.

Now, it was time. The last moon of summer said its good bye, and the first Sun of fall has risen. The princes arrive today.

Oh, Norns.

-

"Mother, please, we're grown men. We don't need incessant reminders every hour," said Thor fondly.

"You become boys when you two are left alone to your own devices," said Frigga. "Now, I have told you everything you need to know and remember for when you arrive on Vanaheim. I trust that you know them all?"

Loki and Thor looked at each other, then at Frigga with a neutral face. Some brother telepathy happened, of course.

"Of course, mother," Loki smiled.

"Make me proud, boys," Frigga said before hugging and kissing her two sons on their cheeks. "I will see you soon."

Thor and Loki then began to straddle themselves on their respective horses.

"Good bye, mother!" waved Thor as he let his steed face the right direction of the Bifrost bridge. Loki remained silent but waved good bye to Frigga as well before riding across the Bifrost to go into Heimdall's observatory. From there, they shall travel through the Bifrost to get to Vanaheim.

-

As you perched yourself on your balcony window, you saw a bright flash of light strike the ground. You figured that it was the princes arriving in the observatory.

"They're here!" Alina called out as she passed your chambers.

With a final huff, you followed your mother downstairs and toward the entrance of the palace. Alina thought this would be a more proper greeting since the princes have never been in the Vanir palace yet.

You stood on the left side of your father, while your mother stood on his right. You all wore your royal robes with matching crowns and tiaras, however, nothing too flashy since this was only a greeting.

As the princes let their steeds go slowly at a trot, you straightened your back and began waving politely, especially in Loki's direction.

Your engagement is going to be announced soon during their visit, so you at least have to show your people that something sparked between you two during your visit in Asgard.

Well, something did spark... But it was more on the angry side.

"Welcome to Vanaheim, Prince Thor and Prince Loki!" Erik smiled as he gave them a firm handshake.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," said Thor. "Truly, it is an honor to be a guest in your realm." He looked around his surroundings and found it much relaxing and mellow than Asgard. He especially appreciated the cool shade that the ancient wisteria trees had to offer.

"I hope your trip to the Bifrost wasn't too stressful?" asked Alina, her hands folded before her body.

"Smooth as ever, Your Majesty," Loki poured all his charm into that one smile.

"Wonderful to hear. Now, Wylan and Floris shall show you your quarters for your stay. I hope it's perfectly cultivated for your liking," said Alina.

"I'm sure it is," said Thor pleasantly.

"We shall see you both at the feast," Erik said.

You and Loki shared a look before going different ways. His eyes always screamed mischief and bad ideas, but after meeting again, you couldn't quite tell what those eyes wanted to say. There was no hatred in them, only fair acknowledgement. But there was something else too. Something you couldn't quite place.

You stayed in your chambers for a few hours, preparing everything you needed for the feast. You could have your servants do it for you, but you were very particular and didn't want to burden them with your precise taste.

After choosing your gown, shoes, accessories, and style you would do for your hair, you set off and exited your chambers. The feast would not begin until at least after dusk, so you have plenty of spare time.

Upon walking the familiar corridors you grew up in, you saw the Trickster Prince making his way to you.

"Why are you here?" you asked. Those were the first words you exchanged after the princes had arrived.

"I'm returning to my chambers," said Loki. "And you?"

"This is the hallway of my chambers," you replied before internally groaning at your mother. She planned this.

The dangerous mirth became more prominent in Loki's eyes. He smirked. "Fantastic," he said before disappearing behind his own door.

This was going to be chaotic.

More chaotic than you initially expected.

May the Norns hear your prayers.

-

Thor and Loki were meant to make their entrances in a few moments.

The feasting hall of the Vanir palace was much more dome-like than the long rectangular hall of the Asgardian palace. It was as alabaster as the rest of the palace, however, it was decorated to look more lively and festive. After all, you weren't only celebrating the arrival of the princes but also the end of a fruitful Summer.

There were flowers everywhere. Ones that were saved from the slowly cooling winds of Autumn. There were massive crystal light fixtures that illuminated the room from the singular source. There was no need for sconces or torches when the crystal bulb was alight.

Musicians were settled on a loft above the dance floor, unlike in Asgard where musicians can mingle with the dancers on the floor. There were long banquet tables on either side of the room, contrasting the circular shape of the feasting hall.

Your family's table was elevated by a few steps of stairs, but not quite as dramatic as the placement in Asgard.

You stood alongside your parents when the woodwind and string musicians began playing a happy folk tune to welcome the princes. Everyone was on their feet and clapping along to the beat of the music.

Thor waved at the onlookers with a wide smile on his face. His brother, however, still held a smile on his face but was less interactive with the guests. Most probably because he was only looking at you.

When the princes took their seats beside your father, the music softened to let Erik's voice be heard.

"Good evening!" he projected. "The crown thanks you all for accepting our invitation for tonight's feast! We are celebrating a fruitful end of Summer and, of course, the arrival of our sister-realm's princes, Thor and Loki! May you all please give them a warm welcome!" The crowd clapped with small smiles on their faces. This was the first time Thor and Loki visited Vanaheim, the guests were intrigued.

"I will not rob you of a good time no longer. Let the feasting begin!" Erik continued before sitting on his own chair, waiting for the servants to serve the food.

Your mother picked the menu for tonight. Of course, she did a wonderful job catering to the traditional Vanir taste while also making the Asgardian princes comfortable.

Once the alcohol came out, the guests and musicians were getting a little more confident to dance freely on the floor.

"My lady," Thor made his way to your end of the table. "Will you do me the honors of teaching me this dance?"

"Of course," you answered, accepting his hand and standing from your seat. "You're lucky this is an easy one."

A lively tune began playing and you tried your best to guide Asgard's future king a traditional Vanir dance.

"Step, step, and turn-" you instructed.

"I think I've gotten it!" Thor said happily.

"You're definitely doing a dance!" you tried to stifle your laughter. Perhaps Thor is only suited for Asgardian choreography.

"See!"

Thor nearly wacked an Earl with his arm.

Luckily, he didn't though.

The music ended quite victoriously and Thor was trying to even out his breaths.

"Wonderfully done!" you said.

"You sound like mother," replied Thor.

"Of course, I sound like a queen," you joked.

Thor gave a chuckle before spotting his brother in the crowd. Loki abandoned his chair and was now grabbing a flute of champagne.

"Won't you join my brother?" Thor asked. Now you were both observing him from across the room.

"I might," you replied. "Dance all you want, Thor. I shall go and try to get your brother to participate."

"Best of luck, sister."

You made your way across the room to Loki without getting stopped or bumped. Thank the Norns. He was standing by the tower of champagne with an indifferent look on his face.

"Aren't you the life of the party?" you said sarcastically, grabbing a glass of flavoured wine.

"Princess," he greeted. He wore his usual Asgardian robes in black, green, and gold. He certainly stood out from the crowd of blues and other pastels. "What brings you here?"

"Thor recommended to join you, so I did. In your lonely little area."

"It's not lonely," said Loki.

"Sure." That earned you a snide look from Loki which made you smile annoyingly at him. "What do you think of my Motherland?"

"It's peaceful," he said truthfully. And I don't know how well I'll fit into this environment, but I will. "This realm washes you with a sense of calm."

"Then you look at their hotheaded soon-to-be queen," you chuckled at your own joke.

"Then you glance upon her chaos causing husband," Loki continued.

"The irony will keep me entertained for at least a hundred years."

Loki noticed a fine dressed man begin to approach the two of you from across the room. His posture was straight and yet his head was down.

"Princess," the man bowed to you. "Your Highness," he turned to bow to Loki.

"Good evening, Jarl," you greeted. He was one of your father's knights, and it confused you as to why he decided to make his presence known.

"Would the princess give me her good graces and accept my hand for a dance?" He had his hand out but his eyes were flicking around the room, unable to look in yours for more than a millisecond.

"I'm afraid I cannot accept your hand for a dance, Jarl. But I can give you my good graces."

"I understand. Good night, Your Highnesses." Loki swore he saw a bead of sweat appear on the man's temples when you began to speak.

Loki turned to you a little confused and a little amused.

"My my," Loki started. "You were scaring the poor lad."

"Nothing out of the ordinary," you replied. "However, it's peculiar that Jarl would ask me to dance tonight specifically."

"He wants your good graces," Loki chuckled to himself before taking a sip of his champagne. You gave him an annoyed look which only added to his joy.

"Funny," you said sarcastically.

Loki finished his glass of champagne and held his hand out to you quite dramatically.

"You're being cruel. I just turned down Jarl seconds ago," you said lightheartedly.

"It'll be a joyous time. Come on, now."

"Fine."

You accepted Loki's hand and he practically dragged you on the dance floor in record time.

You and Loki bowed at each other once the music began. It was a waltz this time. The one you actually liked because of its simplicity.

"You're lucky I like this dance," you mumbled.

"Stop grumbling your reluctance. I know it's false."

Okay, maybe he got you right.

"You're not making my willingness to dance with you easier, Loki."

He turned you in his arms. "Hush, now. And look at Jarl with a red face near the entrance."

You followed Loki's direction and it nearly got you to laugh. You couldn't tell if the man was fuming or was about to wet himself out of embarrassment.

"That's rude, Loki," you said, hiding your smile.

"Is it?" he asked sarcastically.

"Do you want me to call Frigga?"

"And tell her how well-behaved and prince-ly I am right now? By all means, princess."

The music ended and you finally got to leave the dance floor. However, Loki was still beside you.

Another man was approaching the two of you. This time, Loki noted, the man had no posture of a person in military. So this would most definitely be interesting.

"Good evening, princess. Good evening, Prince Loki." The man bowed to the two of you separately.

"Sir Fiske," you greeted. He was a son of a wealthy lord in a southern city of Vanaheim. "I hope you're not ill, Sir. You're as pale as a sheet." With his thin stature, you might almost be concerned.

"I am perfectly fine, Your Highness," Fiske fidgeted with his hands. "I merely wanted to ask you something."

"Go on."

"My father has had our estate be renovated," Fiske started to stutter nervously. "Catering to the more youthful and uh- modern architecture that I think you favor."

"You think?"

All life was drained from Fiske's face. You weren't even trying to be rude or intimidating. It was an honest question.

"Y-Yes? And uh- I was wondering if you'd want to visit the estate... with me."

You and Loki exchanged one quick look before you gave your answer.

"I'm sorry, Fiske. I don't think the responsibilities of the crown can allow me to do that this season," you replied.

"T-That is quite alright, Your Highness," Fiske said, slowly backing away from the two of you. "I bid you farewell." He nearly bumped into a servant holding drinks as he continued to back away from you while also facing you.

Loki slowly turned to you.

"That's another one to add to the list," said Loki.

"Two men from two powerful families," you turned to him. "I'm beginning to sense a theme here."

"Expect more men from more powerful families in the coming days until the engagement is announced."

"They're giving themselves heart attacks."

"If it means having a place beside you on the throne in the future, then I'm sure they'll be happy to endure two or more heart attacks."

You sighed heavily. "It's starting to get chaotic."

"Lovely," said Loki.

-

The feast was nearly over, most of the guests have left and the others who stayed were all knackered, drunk, or both.

Your parents retired themselves to bed, Loki was nowhere to be found, but Thor was sitting in his original seat. He was looking far into the distance, a half-filled cup of mead in his hands. He looked tired, but it seems like he doesn't want to rest yet.

"You should retire to bed," you said, sitting on a chair beside him.

"Princess!" Thor greeted, a little out of it. "I think you should retire to bed."

"I'm perfectly fine, Thor. You, however, look like all the misery in Hel was brought upon your shoulders. You should rest."

"Not with a busy mind, no."

"I'll carry that burden with you," you replied. "What's been bothering you?"

"The weight of the crown."

"You feel as if you're not ready?"

Thor shifted in his seat. "Precisely. I feel as if I've not enough experience to lead a whole realm and protect the Nine."

You sighed sympathetically. "I do have it easier than you, that is true."

"You'd still do a great job if you were in my place, sister."

Sister.

Touching.

"I'm not though," you said. "And you're the only one capable and eligible to lead your realm whilst protecting the Nine. The Norns wouldn't have placed this responsibility on you if they knew you'd lead everything into ruins,"

Thor remained silent.

"Thor, I am Vanir. I do not see the outcome of the future, but I can sense it clearly. And you are most definitely going to succeed in ruling as a benevolent and fair king. You are young. We are young, we're equipped to make mistakes."

"I've never had a sister before," Thor said softly.

"Sometimes you do," you said, referring to Loki's ever fluid gender.

Thor gave a chuckle, from which Loki saw from across the room as he entered the feasting hall again for one last drink.

"Yes, but Loki gets on my nerves," Thor said fondly.

"He gets on everyone's nerves and I'm stupid enough to choose him as my husband."

"No, sister. You chose well. He may be insufferable and annoying and quite frankly infuriating but his heart is full. He has love to give. He's only afraid to give it to anyone, even if it's someone he trusts."

You decided to not reply vocally, instead you patted Thor on the shoulder before standing from your seat.

"Good night, Thor."

"Good night, sister." He smiled at you as you left.

Coincidentally, Loki was also on his way to retire to his chambers. You remembered that Loki's rooms were in the same hallway as yours, so you had little to no choice but to join him.

"Stop looking at me like that, Loki. You're practically gawking," you said to him.

Loki smirked to himself. "I thought I was to be your husband," he said in a jesting tone.

"Whatever do you mean?" you replied. "I'm being a supportive sister-in-law." You had a downward smile on your face, pleased with your quip.

Loki rolled his eyes.

You finally reached your door. As you were about to open it, you looked back at him.

"Besides," you started. "I wouldn't replace you. Even if I could take back my word."

Loki let his eyes set on you for a moment or two, a ghost of a smile on his face. He was confused, but it was alright. You didn't despise him anymore.

"Good night, princess," he said finally.

"Good night, Loki." And you shut the door.

Loki wanted you to elaborate. He wanted to ask questions. But he let it hang in the air, thinking it's better that way.

You were thankful he didn't pry, out of fear of what you would have said.

-

The morning came sooner than you expected, even though the sun wasn't as harsh as its shine on Asgard, it was still pretty annoying, specially when the curtain's weren't closed.

Why weren't the curtains closed?

Were you that tired to forget?

Goodness.

You dragged yourself out of bed and began to dress yourself up for the day while eating the breakfast the servants left in your room. There were no big feasts or celebrations today, so something simple will do.

An ivory white dress with a lot of gentle gathers. Yes, that'll do. You then decided to add leather accessories to balance out the dress' delicate design. You left your quarters with your favorite leather bracers tied securely on your wrists.

As you were walking down the hallway for your trip to the library, Loki opened his door the moment you passed by it. He was also wearing something laid back, a white tunic under his green and black leather coat. He did not bother to wear his golden accessories today. It was as if he had the same agenda as you.

You both shared a look before he spoke. "Princess."

"Loki," you replied a little suspiciously. "What business?"

"A leisurely roam of the castle. And you?"

"A trip to library."

Loki's face suddenly became a lot more pleasant. "Nevermind my plans. I'm going with you."

You sighed and beckoned him to follow you. "Thor was right. You are insufferable."

He had his hands clasped behind his back as he walked beside you. "Was I the topic of discussion last night?"

"Primarily it was the burden of the crown, but yes, he did bring you up." You left out the part where Thor mentioned Loki was afraid to put his love and trust wholeheartedly to one person.

"And what slander did he tell you?"

You smirked happily to yourself. "That's between brother and sister, Loki."

"Now you're being insufferable."

"Am not."

"You are, actually."

"I'm so not insufferable. I'm very pleasant."

"Lying doesn't suit you, princess."

"That's because I'm not lying-"

"Good morning, Your Highnesses!" Brum, an unmarried man desperate to save his family's name and house greeted the two of you.

Loki was trying to bite back a smile.

"Good day, Sir Brum," you greeted. Loki tipped his head out of politeness because if he spoke he'd be chuckling.

"Wonderful day, isn't it?" Brum said awkwardly. Every ounce of confidence he had beforehand was now gone after you spoke.

"Fairly cloudy, but I suppose I do like a bit of shade."

"Say, my lady, would you like to enjoy the weather with me outside? Riding horses? Near the forest?"

"I apologize, Sir Brum. I am preoccupied at the moment. Prince Loki has asked me to tour him around the library and, of course, I cannot decline him. You know how we treat our guests."

"Some other day then, perhaps?"

You gave him a slight sneer. "You tell me, Sir. I will not be the one making plans."

"I- uh- uhm.. I-" Sir Brum blundered.

"Good day, Sir," you said with a smile. It confused and terrified the poor lord.

You and Loki walked silently moments after the encounter, both trying to suppress your laughter. Loki kept looking at you, amused. You shook your head at him in response.

"Was that three?" asked Loki in a teasing tone.

"You know it was," you replied before groaning in annoyance. "May the Norns bless me and not put blundering lords in my path for it is a challenge to suppress my laughter."

Loki chuckled.

"It's as if they suddenly gained courage after your arrival. It's ridiculous," you continued.

He shrugged. "You're going to deal with more blundering idiots when you're queen."

"Don't remind me." You approached a solid white door with an engraving of an ancient tree, its branches going wherever they please, and its vines are twisting and turning to create a beautiful pattern. "This is it," you said to him before pushing open the doors with two hands.

Upon seeing the library, Loki thought he had never seen anything like it. It had touches of a normal and large library, with rows upon rows of leather bound books by ancient and new authors. However, when Loki craned his neck up, he saw that the ceiling was pure glass, and that the room was being lit by natural light.

"The ceiling solidifies into artificial sources of light at night," you said when you felt the machines in his brain start to move around and think.

When he let his eyes scan the room, top to bottom, he couldn't miss the cylindrical stack of books in the middle of the room. Its books were placed precisely so that they would spiral upwards and not in a straight line.

You lead him to the cylindrical bookshelf and began feeling for books.

"You said you wanted to see the elevator," you yanked one book in and out of its place, it was followed by a click, then an area was open, kind of like a secret door. "Hop in," you said.

The room inside the cylindrical tower was enough to sustain two people comfortably, any more there would be squishing involved. Buttons revealed themselves when you closed the door. You pressed the first one at the very top of the set and it glowed gold. Then, you were off.

A very faint and slight buzz sounded in the little elevator but it wasn't distracting, it was actually calming.

You looked at Loki, waiting for a quip or a sarcastic remark.

"I've nothing rude to say you can stop prying answers with your eyes now," he said, crossing his arms in front of his chest. You smirked pleasantly to yourself. "I haven't seen anything like this," Loki continued, and that was probably him hating that indeed, the elevator was fascinating.

There was a ding, signifying that you've reached your destination. The third floor of the library. The door automatically opened by itself. You hopped out of it and Loki followed. Then, the doors closed by themselves, before it finally descended down again. Loki watched the whole process of the elevator closing and descending with pure curiosity.

"The Vanir loves their books, hm?" Loki commented, comparing the library sizes of the one on Asgard and here.

"Knowledge is our friend," you said. "It helps with foresight." You walked along the aisles, Loki trailing after you.

"This is truly expansive," he said.

You hummed. "And if you'd like to borrow a book, feel free to do so."

"Perhaps later."

"That's alright."

You approached the end of the room where there's only an engraved wall stopping your path. You placed your hand at the very center of the engraving and a golden gate revealed itself. You unlocked the gate and let Loki in.

This was a smaller library, but instead of rows and rows of bookshelves at the center of the room, they lined the walls here.

Loki assumed this was sacred and forbidden texts. "Princess, are you beginning to trust me?" he said sarcastically.

"There is no forbidden knowledge on Vanaheim, Loki. These books are ancient but they can be accessed by anyone."

"Then why-"

"All hidden things are eventually going to be uncovered, the Vanir learned that eons ago. So if we ever have a gut feeling that something shouldn't be known, we destroy it. And that has gotten us peace."

It made sense, and Loki understood.

"If only Asgard were the same," Loki said. "Odin's days of warfare are hidden from the public. Only telling them the good side of it."

"Hiding is lying. You should be happy about this, Loki, God of Lies." It was meant to be a jest, but it hit Loki somewhere sensitive.

"I don't encourage people to lie, princess. I uncover and reveal lies. There is a difference."

You wanted to apologize, but decided to stay silent. Loki found an original copy collection of Brim, a famous children's book author that everybody in the Nine would recognize. That seemed to lighten up his mood.

"Is that Brim's Collection of Fairy Tales?" you asked.

"It is," he said pleasantly. "I never knew his hand writing was this neat. Are there anymore original copies in here?"

"Most probably, yes," you answered. "Be gentle with them though."

"I know how to handle delicate texts."

"Sure," you said a little teasingly which made Loki shake his head.

Your time with Loki in the library was somehow peaceful. Once you arrived in the royal archives of first editions and ancient copies, Loki dropped his playful exterior and instead became seriously engrossed in some of the books.

"This spine doesn't look eons of years old," he said, pointing to a rich navy blue book spine with gold accents.

"It's actively being taken care off," you answered and gently took the book from the shelf. There was not one speck of dust on it. "Since its one of the first accounts of Vanir history with words from witnesses as well as her own perspective."

"It's almost like a journal, yes?"

"Sort of, but she kept the facts and discarded the feelings and opinions of herself and others. It's not an uncommon book, but this copy is. It's an original."

"Quite fascinating how the ink also seems brand new," Loki gently hovered his hand over the written words.

"That's Vanir magic, for you."

There was a small pause, and it was just Loki looking incredibly pleased with the books that surrounded him, then he sighed.

"Well, princess, you've managed to pique my interest with these special archives. But Thor has invited me to explore the outskirts of the castle earlier, so I have to cut our little adventure short."

"Oh dear, Loki. What has gotten into you? You feel reluctant to leave me? May the Norns help you," you replied sarcastically.

"You're making it so easy to leave you alone right now."

"In all seriousness, go to Thor. You're in need of having a brotherly bonding time," you folded your hands in front of you.

"Will you be going too?" Loki asked.

You shook your head calmly. "I'll be here reading. Just please, don't burn anything within the premises of the palace."

"Tell that to Thor, not to me."

"I find that it's good to always warn you, whether it be the most mundane task."

"You don't have to worry, I have my mother's sermons to fear."

Loki turned his back to you after that exchange, secretly smiling.

-

Loki spent the rest of his day outside with Thor, freely walking around the premises of the palace. Thor was being far more sociable than he was, of course. Always chatting up the next vacant person he ever saw. The Golden Prince probably gave a few unsuspecting servants a mini-heart attack as to how casual he was talking to them.

When the sun was inching towards the horizon, a member of the palace guards informed them of a dinner with the royal family and important members of the court later that evening.

With that, Loki chose to head inside and ready himself for dinner. Thor lingered outside a little longer, but returned to his chambers just before darkness fell.

Loki used his seidr to aid him in changing to better clothing. Instead of wearing a tunic and leather coat, he completely changed his outfit and put on something a little bit more formal. This time, he did not disregard his golden accessories. With slicked back hair, he was ready to make his appearance to the Vanir court.

He figured it was still too early for dinner. Additionally, no servant or guard knocked to fetch him. So, he decided he wanted to explore the interior of the castle this time.

However, the moment he left his chambers, he overheard two servants speaking in hushed but hurried voices.

"The dinner is in two hours and the princess is nowhere to be found," said the younger of the two. "They'll have my head for this!"

"Calm down, child," said the older lady. "The princess is most probably still in the palace, she won't be difficult to find."

You weren't in your chambers, Loki thought.

He approached the two servants and they immediately straightened their backs before bowing deeply.

"I can't help but overhear your conversation," he said calmly.

"Our deepest apologies, Your Highness," said the younger one. "We shall take our conversation elsewhere for we do not want to disturb you any longer."

"It's quite alright," Loki reassured the two. "I know where the princess is. You don't have to worry."

"If I may ask, Your Highness. Where is she?" asked the elder.

"She is in the library, I shall fetch her myself."

"You needn't do a servant's job, my lord. It would be highly disrespectful for us to let you do that," replied the younger.

"Tell you what," said Loki. "This remains our secret, yes? I shall fetch the princess and no one says a word about our exchange. Is that fine?"

"If that is what you want, Your Highness, then it is alright with us," answered the elder.

"Perfect," said Loki with a comforting smile. "We never met." He winked at the two cheekily before leaving.

-

Upon entering the library again, he finally saw the bright ceiling lights activate during the night instead of a pure glass ceiling. It was magnificent to look at, he thought. But what's more magnificent was seeing you sleep away peacefully in one of the library sofas, a book draped across your chest.

Loki never thought he'd ever see you like this, even in the days of your marriage. And yet, here you are, sleeping. Without any sarcastic look or reply to keep him challenged. It was only you.

He kneeled in front of your form, and paused. He did not move, did not think, did not speak, he only saw. And what he saw was ethereal. Loki felt like he was betraying something or someone when waking you up, but it had to be done. You had an important dinner to attend to.

Loki gently shook your shoulder. "Princess," he whispered. "It's dusk. You need to wake up now."

You groaned in annoyance.

"It's important," he continued whispering. "You need to get ready."

"Loki-" you grumbled.

"Wake up!" He was shouting in whispers. "It's an important dinner and you're expected to be there."

Finally, you opened your eyes. Loki found it peculiar how you didn't need to let it readjust to the bright light of the room. You only saw seafoam green eyes, and they were enough to send you to peaceful slumber, until you remembered who they belong to.

"I'm awake," you grumbled. "Are you happy now?"

"Perfect," said Loki. "You need to ready yourself within two hours. We're attending a dinner with your parents and special members of the court."

You groaned and picked off the book on your chest.

"They're going to announce our engagement. I'm sure of it." You began to drag yourself from the sofa, slowly standing up.

"Then you must make yourself look presentable and not like you just had a long nap. Come on," Loki beckoned you to follow him.

Your grogginess slowly disappeared as he practically pulled you through the hallways of the palace. Luckily, your chambers weren't very far from the library, so not many people saw you struggling through the halls.

"I can take it from here," you said upon arriving at your door.

"Alright," Loki begin to turn to leave but smirked to himself. "No 'thank you', princess?"

You sighed heavily to yourself out of exasperation. "Thank you, oh kind Prince Loki for waking me from my slumber," you said sarcastically. "Begone before I throw a lamp at you."

"I do so adore your violence," Loki squinted.

"Loki."

"I shall see you later," he smiled to himself.

-

All of the members of court stood up upon your family's entrance, and remained standing until you've all sat in your seats.

Everyone was seated on a long banquet table, with your father at the very head of it. You were sat on his left while your mother was sat on his right. Loki was, of course, sat next to you, while Thor sat beside your mother. Royal advisers, secretaries, ambassadors, and other members of the court all followed after that, with no particular order to their seating.

This was a formal dinner but not a formal meeting, so everybody was polite but not too uptight. You wouldn't say you thrived in this sort of atmosphere, but Loki definitely did. He has never felt more comfortable in meeting new people on Vanaheim. Loki wanted to make an impression, and he was going to get a good one.

The meal was nice as usual. The royal chefs were the best at their craft in serving Vanir delicacies everyone enjoys. However, when the desserts were being brought out, Erik began to tap his silver spoon on his wine glass. He wanted everyone's attention.

This is it.

"You may return to your usual conversation after my not-so-small announcement, ladies and gentlemen," said your father. "For my daughter, my heir, your future queen, has chosen a partner- a fine partner at that. Which is why I give my daughter and Prince Loki my blessing to be wed. Cheers to the future rulers of Vanaheim!"

Everybody began to clap. Thor's smile was as wide as ever, and Loki took it as a teasing jab. You were smiling widely at all of the people who were gazing upon you.

Then, everybody began tapping their spoons on their glasses repeatedly. You knew what it meant, but Loki didn't.

"Why must they do that? It's quite annoying," Loki whispered to you while smiling at others.

"They want us to kiss," you said, mimicking his actions.

You two shared a "Are you sure? Is it alright with you" sort of look before slowly leaning into each other. Loki stopped for a split second, about hair's breath away to gaze upon your eyes before letting your lips crash for the very first time.

The kiss was brief, but it didn't feel like it. It felt like the world spun around, and it was just you getting slapped hard by the fact that Loki wasn't the easy option. He was the right one.

You realized that the petty squabbles you had on Asgard was nothing but a bad first impression. You both had your bad assets pushed forward that first night at the feast. And that the two of you were both so incredibly stupid.

You shared a brief look after parting. That meaningful look that no one is able to dictate, only feel.

But being the stubborn person that you are, you made the irritable and spiteful facade return. You cleared you throat quietly.

"Nicely done," you whispered to him.

"I do my best," replied Loki. You fought back a chuckle.

-

The dinner ended quite early, so you and Loki found yourselves in the library once again. This time, you stayed at the area with couches and sofas.

"Good night, Sigfrid," you greeted the head librarian as she left the library to your and Loki's care. You did say you would be the one to lock up.

You sighed. "Rather eventful. Don't you think?" asked Loki.

"Quite," you agreed. "I have not been rushed in a while."

"That's what happens when you nap in an empty library, princess."

"It's comfortable here, Loki."

He chuckled and sat on the very sofa you slept in earlier. "I will not lie. It is quite soft." You rolled your eyes in reply.

Loki paused, not saying anything. You took this as a cue that he was done socializing for the night, but really, he was debating something over in his head. The usual "Should I say it or should I keep quiet?", while staring at your standing form, just a few feet away from him.

You were collecting books that you took out before you napped, and is now in the process of returning them to their respective shelves.

"Princess," Loki called out.

"You're going to call me 'Queen' one of these days," you replied lightheartedly but still with a tinge of sarcasm.

"Let us be friends," he said, now hopping from his seat. That made you pause from organizing your books on the shelves.

"Was the truce not good enough for you?" you meant it as a jest.

"It would suffice if we were to rule as politicians for the same realm, but we are not. We're expected to marry and produce an heir. We cannot do that on a flimsy truce. So, what do you say?"

"I feel that you're providing good insight as to what our situation may turn out to be in the future," you replied.

"And?"

"Fine," you held out your hands. "Friends?"

"The bestest of friends." Loki shook your hand.

When Loki saw the look on your face, probably imagining a life when you're finally a parent, his demeanor changed.

"You don't have to love me, princess," he said. "I've told you that before."

"And you don't have to love me, Loki. It's better to not force it."

Loki's face softened. "I know, but I will certainly try."

That made you smile just the tiniest bit. "Tell me if there's any progress, husband dearest. Who knows? Maybe I'll follow suit."

"If it ever happens, I shall wait for you. Happily."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Part 3 Coming Soon 👀👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 92K 77
Marvel Fanfic Awards Winner: -Best Plot -Best Loki -Best Male Villain -Toughest Character (Anna) BOOK ONE. The world has changed. After alien...
9.3K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...
73.3K 1.6K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
2.5M 81.8K 114
Highest Rankings: 1st in Tom Hiddleston Imagines, 3rd in Loki Imagines, 8th in Loki, 130th in Marvel || Just a writing outlet for one of my favorite...