๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ...

Por midgefh

(slow ass updates ngl) Ivy, the girl who saw the glass half empty. River, the boy who saw the glass half ful... Mais

Author's note
Characters
Schizophrenia
Prologue
Playlist
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

6

4.6K 145 846
Por midgefh

Oblivion; the state of being unaware of what is happening around you

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

River's pov;

Did you know cats have 13 ribs instead of 12? No? Well now you do.

Did you also know cats have 230 bones, which is 24 more than we have? I'm not really sure how that makes much sense considering they are probably about 20 times smaller than us but it's true.

Not that that's anything important.

It's a Friday and I've done nothing but finish up one assignment and google interesting facts about cats.

Trust me, this isn't what I usually do but everyone's busy today so this is how it's going.

Although I'm not sure if Vee said no to hanging out because we scared her, she's busy, or she simply doesn't like us.

There's a possibility it's all three.

I'm not mad though, she has her own life, does her own things. I just thought that maybe if she wasn't busy or something I could show her around this town.

My parents are both gone, my dads having a guys night out or whatever they call it in their mid-40's and my mom is having a girls night out.

So all in all, I'm left with nothing to do and no one to bother.

*Ding*

I pull my phone out of my pocket, confused on who the fuck would be texting me. I mean I'm known and I like to think I'm somewhat cool but that's no reason to text me.

Imaginary friends

Fishy Finn: Someone come babysit for me.

Me: Why? Layla beating your ass?

Aspen Colorado: So what you're saying is you can't take care of a 5 year old who either eats, sleeps, or plays with toys 24/7?

Fishy Finn: That's exactly what I'm saying.

Me: Hold on.

*River added Vee to "Imaginary friends"*

Fishy Finn: Good idea, maybe she'll want to help.

Aspen Colorado: That's highly unlikely...

Fishy Finn: I don't care, can you guys like come over. I'm bored. We can even watch mean girls.

Poison Ivy: What the hell is this?

Me: A group-chat?

Poison Ivy: Yeah, but why is it called "Imaginary Friends"???

Fishy Finn: You're right, let me fix that.

*Fishy Finn changed "Imaginary Friends" to "River's Imaginary Friends👻"*

Fishy Finn: There, that's better.

Me: You guys need more help than me.

Poison Ivy: Stop it.
Get some help.😃.

Aspen Colorado: LMFAO

Poison Ivy: Hello?

Me:What?

Poison Ivy: Did you guys want something???

Fishy Finn: Oh yeah, all three of you should come over and help me. We can even watch mean girls and Ivy can meet Layla.

Poison Ivy: You're lucky my plans got cancelled.

Me: I'll go.

Poison Ivy: Now I'll go.

Aspen Colorado: Yeah I'll go.

Me: Vee, can you pick me up?

Poison Ivy: Yes.

Fishy Finn: Okay, well hurry because I can't deal with her much longer.

I shake my head even though he can't see me and ignore it, texting Vee my address before getting ready.

I guess this Friday won't be so bad after all.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

Vee: Here.

It has been about 20 minutes since I texted her and I just got done getting ready. I grab my wallet and keys off my night stand table, a blanket off my bed and slipped on my slippers on the way out, locking the door behind me.

"I brought a blanket because Finn doesn't have shit at his house." I tell her once I get into the car. Throwing the blanket in the back seat.

"Good because I only grabbed the movie." She says pulling out of my driveway and driving down the road.

Does she already know where to go?

"Do you need directions?"

"No, well yeah, but we're going to the store first."

Makes sense.

"Oh, okay. Good."

"I hope you know this song." I tell her, plugging my phone into the aux.

If she doesn't know it I might have to commit to a tuck and roll situation out of the car.

"Well you have to play it if you don't tell me the name."

"Oh right. Sorry." Careless Whisper by George Michael starts playing through the car.

"Wait, holy shit! You know this song??" She glances at me, quickly looking back at the road.

"No I'm playing it because I don't know it."

"Shut up." She shakes her head.

I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool

We both sing along. This song is so good and catchy for no reason.

We keep singing until it gets to the best part.

Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose this crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say

We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever
But no one's gonna dance with me
Please stay

She doesn't hold back and literally yells out the lyrics the same time as I do.

A big smile on my face as I watch her.

She's so pretty.

"I take it back." I blurt.

"Take what back?" She asks, turning the volume down a notch.

"When I said you were lucky to be my friend, I think it's the other way around." I admit.

"How so?"

"I don't know, you have good music taste, you're sarcastic, you can make jokes and take them. Plus we're both hot. We're pretty much in stoppable at this point." I rant.

It's true.

We're like those two people you see everywhere together but you won't approach them because you think they judge everyone and you end up being right.

Those people.

She turns her head slightly, thinking I don't notice the shade of pink her cheeks turn when I pretty much called her hot.

We eventually pull into the store parking lot and find a parking spot close to the back. The store is busier than I expected, although it is a Friday night.

"Why did you want me to pick you up, figured you would want to drive?" She asks me as we start to walk towards the store.

"I'm saving gas." I shrug.

"By using mine?"

"Yes."

"You're lucky I'm on the road to being a kinder person."

"You already seemed kind to me when I met you." I raise a brow.

"I barely even talked to you?" She narrows her eyebrows.

"You asked if someone was sitting next to me."

"Yeah and I wanted to leave the building when you said someone was."

"That was so funny."

"No it wasn't."

"Okay Debbie downer."

We make our way into the store and I grab a cart and follow her around.

"Was there Targets in Texas?" I ask.

"Yes."

Do people ride horses in Texas?

"Get in the cart, I want to do something." I tell her.

"I don't know if I should trust you." She raises an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

"Because you look like someone who would push me into an aisle and watch me crash." She deadpans.

Oh.

"I wasn't going to do that." I defend.

I was.

"Mhm." She mumbles and keeps walking towards the candy and snack aisle.

"Such a loser."

She puts a pack of peanut M&M's in the cart along with sour gummy worms. As we kept walking down the aisle she put different chocolates in the cart, and different gummies.

"You should text the groupchat and ask if they want anything." She says after a bit.

"Why?"

"Because I'm on my path to being nice."

I groan, "Fine."

River's imaginary friends👻

Me: Do you guys want any snacks from the store?

Aspen Colorado: Can you get me a blue Powerade and buy a box of microwaveable popcorn.

Me: No.

Aspen Colorado: Please.

Me: I guess🙄.

Fishy Finn: Can you get me a Sprite and some peach rings please?

Me: Yeah, sure.

"We need to grab a Sprite, blue Powerade, microwaveable popcorn, and peach rings." I read off from my phone.

She scrunches her face up, "Who likes peach rings?"

"Finn."

"Why am I not surprised." She shakes her head and goes back into the candy aisle to get the peach rings and then we walk to a different one to grab the popcorn.

After we make our way to the drink sections and I grab a propel as she grabs a tea.

Tea is so...

What do you think would happen if I hit her with the cart?

I don't know.

She's ahead of me while heading towards the other drinks and I start walking faster which causes the front of the cart to hit the back of her legs and her heels.

Oh wait, that hurts.

Dumbass.

"Oh my god! Wait, I didn't mean to do that." Why did I do that?

"Your done. Your done." She says aggressively and moves me out of the way to start pushing the cart instead.

"Yeah, whatever. It didn't even hurt." I mumble.

She grabs the Sprite and the blue Powerade and we start to walk around the store. She heads to the home section or whatever it's called.

Where they have pillows and like blankets.

Room decor?

I don't know.

She grabs a really soft blanket but makes sure it's cheap and puts it in the cart.

"Need anything else?" She asks me.

"Not that I can think of." I shrug.

"Okay let's go."

We start heading to the front and she picks a self checkout lane and starts checking out. I hand her items as she scans them and puts them in a bag.

Eventually everything is bagged and bag in the cart. Before she can pay I insert my card to which she glares at me for.

I don't know why she does that.

I'm not doing anything wrong.

Plus I like buying things.

"Too bad." I pull my card out and put it back in my wallet. I push the cart and follow her out of the store.

The later in the year it gets, the earlier it gets darker and it's almost dark out now and we weren't even in there for that long.

"You know you didn't have to come over to hang with us." I tell her. I don't want her to feel like we're pressuring her into hanging out with us.

I don't want to be like those people.

Plus she's a good friend.

"Don't worry, you aren't pressuring me, I wanted to." At the end she looked at me.

Eye contact.

Am I blushing?

No.

"Good, I see why you want to hang out with us." I smirk, trying to play it off.

I hope it's working.

"Don't flatter yourself." She scoffs and shuts the trunk. I push the cart back to the cart holder thing they have outside and head back towards her car.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"The favorite person has arrived!" I announce walking through Finns house.

It's oddly quiet for some reason. Especially for a 5 year old to be living here.

"Shhhh!" Finn aggressively tells us while coming down the stairs.

"Wha-"

"Sh."

I widen my eyes and put my hands up.

"After god knows how long, I finally got her to sleep." He explains.

"Is Aspen here yet?" I ask.

"Yeah he's in the kitchen."

Me and Vee head towards the kitchen, Aspen is standing there playing on his phone. I walk up next to him and place the bags on the counter.

"Finally, Y'all took forever."

He's dramatic.

"It wasn't even that long."

"It was like an hour."

Oh.

"Oh well, help me take everything out." All three of us start emptying the bags, separating the drinks and candy while Aspen starts making the popcorn.

I grab the blanket and take it to the couch as Finn grabs other blankets and pillows.

"I don't have a lot of room so two people are going to have to share the second couch." Finn says from in the living room.

"You two can share." Aspen tells us, winking at me as he walks out.

He's ruining my flirty reputation.

"I don't mind sharing, do you?" She asks, grabbing her snacks and drinks.

"No." I grab my snacks and drinks and we both head towards the living room.

Aspen and Finn are set on each side of the big couch while they gave us the small one.

I set our snacks and drinks on the table while unfolding the blanket as Vee puts the movie into the DVD player.

"Alright, no talking during this movie. Okay? Okay." She nods grabbing the remote and moving to sit down next to me.

"What is this even about?" Aspen asks, throwing a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"This girl goes to a school for the first time, makes friends with these two people who hate these three other girls. They convince her to like be friends with them to get dirt on them but she like slowly becomes one of them and it's drama filled but it's really interesting." She rambles.

"You aren't really selling me on this here." Finn speaks up.

"I don't have to because you're going to watch it anyway." She says, leaving no room for arguments.

She starts the movie as we all get situated. Opening our snacks and drinks and everything.

About half way through the movie she adjusts to lay down but she's curled up so she doesn't invade my space.

This couch is way too small and it isn't even comfortable.

It's giving me back problems.

I'll be the next grandpa.

Stop.

Vee seems to notice my discomfort as she lays on her back and puts her legs on either side of me and pats her stomach.

"Are you sure, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or get in your space or-" I ramble but she cuts me off.

"Just lay down." She whispers.

I sigh but rest my head on her stomach, laying in between her legs. Once I get situated enough she pulls the blanket up over us, just under my head and continues watching the movie.

I glance over at Finn and Aspen and see them intently watching the movie.

A few minutes later I feel her hand thread through my hair and start to massage my head.

I literally have to hold back a groan at how good this feels.

Jesus, this feels good.

After a few minutes she takes her hand out of my hair and I groan, reaching back up to grab her hand and place it through my hair.

"Keep doing that." I mumble.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

a/n; i posted what the ending would be on my message board if you want to check that out:)

sorry this took so long.

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

Still We Rise Por Izzy

Ficรงรฃo Adolescente

5.5K 155 41
She always made her life seem good to all her friends, so no one ever cared to take a deeper look into what it's liked behind closed doors. Everyday...
Confessions of a Queen Bee Por Charlotte

Ficรงรฃo Adolescente

1.7M 70.5K 53
STORY 1 Ivy James loved being top of the school; she could click her fingers and get anyone to fulfill whatever her heart desired. She was happy enou...
The Corner Store Por Sahar Ahmed๐ŸŒบ

Ficรงรฃo Adolescente

2.2K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
Dear you, Por malyka

Ficรงรฃo Adolescente

2.7K 446 35
STOP! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! DONT COME AFTER ME BECAUSE I WARNED YOU. BUT IF YOU IGNORE THIS AND PRESS 'READ' THEN MY FRIEND... GOOD LUCK. I would li...