The Breaking ➝ Isaac Lahey

By Emerald_Diaz

Aspen Juniper Veata has only ever known Beacon Hills to be a quiet and dainty town. Herself, along with her b... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Part II
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Moodboards
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
! New Cover !
! Announcement !
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-two
Chapter Seventy-three
Chapter Seventy-four
Chapter Seventy-five
"what the pack's photo dump looks like"
Chapter Seventy-seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety -One

Chapter Seventy-six

2.5K 107 41
By Emerald_Diaz

_____<•>_____

While Aspen wished her days with Danny could extend for eternity, it was only a dream. At the last bell, Scott was jumping into the backseat of Stiles' jeep with Aspen in the passenger.

"Okay first stop, I think we should scout around town--" Scott's plan was cut off swiftly by Stiles' other plan.

"Hospital first," he said, starting the engine.

Aspen turned her body, pausing midway to fasten her seatbelt. "The hospital? Why would Jackson be there?" she asked.

"He's not. I just gotta make a quick stop." Stiles answered quietly, not letting them have enough clarity to object to his reasoning.

"For what?"

Scott sat forward, hands bracing on either front seat. "Are you seriously thinking of visiting Charlie again? Now?" he snapped.

Aspen's lips fell open, brows raising a fraction with surprise. "How many times have you gone to see her?"

Stiles looked utterly offended by Scott's betrayal with a dramatic scoff. "I'll have you know, what I do in my free time does not concern you in the least." he sassed with a twitch of his head.

"How many times Stiles?" Aspen repeated sternly, sending a chill throughout the car that made both boys freeze.

"A couple of times," he exasperated, dropping his hands in his lap, finally facing Aspen. Scott cleared his throat, once again exposing his lie. But there was no need. Aspen could hear his heartbeat just as well. Stiles looked between the two, seeing he did not have them the least bit convinced. "Okay, fine, like five times. Well, now would be six. Six at the most. Fine well, now would be seven, but I swear that's all!"

"Seven times, and I couldn't even see her once?" Aspen nearly shouted in disbelief, sitting back in her seat and pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Oh, come on, seven is my lucky number. I couldn't leave it at a measly six!"

"Shut up," Aspen vexed darkly.

"Shutting up." Stiles squeaked quickly, opening his overhead in search of something. He paused for a moment, padding down his body and opening every compartment in the car.

"Dude, did you lose your phone? We gotta go," Scott rushed.

"Aspen, where are my sunglasses?" Stiles asked in a panic.

Aspen's lips fell agape with disbelief before clamping them shut and staring at Stiles. "How the hell am I supposed to know?" she asked agitatedly, entertaining his stupidity.

"I specifically told you to watch my sunglasses!"

"I'm not your mother!"

"Fine, I'll just squint!"

Scott slumped in his seat. This would be a long night.

<•>

Aspen and Scott nearly lashed their supernatural fiery on Stiles when he made a stop at a Chinese restaurant, But he claimed it was his car, so what he says goes. That earned him a slap across the head from Aspen and a kick from the back seat from Scott.

"If you lost your virginity before I did, I'm gonna kill you!" Aspen hissed as he stepped out of the car.

Stiles gesticulates violently with his hands, silencing her as he looks around, hoping nobody heard her. "I am not sleeping with your cousin!"

"Yeah, but you want to," Scott murmured, a laugh cracking from his lips that he made no attempt in hiding. Aspen cringed.

"Do you?" Aspen inquired as if daring him to say yes.

Stiles' lips opened a fraction, words suddenly foreign to him. "She is a relatively attractive female, so hypothetically--"

"You stink of hormones, man--"

"Scott, I swear to god I'm gonna shove wolfsbane up your ass!--"

"What happened to Lydia? You were disturbingly obsessed with her a couple of weeks ago." Aspen snapped.

Stiles shook his head, trying to grasp his thoughts. "No, I'm still in love with her. But You know--okay, see it like this. I don't feel like butterflies with Charlie. I feel hornet! A whole damn nest, but yet it's so addicting."

Aspen only stared in astonishment and disbelief, and Scott snorted once again. "Dude, you're just horny for her."

"Just hurry up!" Aspen demanded, eyeing the both of them to shut up.

Now, Stiles stood before Charlie's hospital room door, Chinese food tight in his grip.
But it's been a few days since he'd seen Charlie, and he didn't want her to think she had forgotten entirely about her. How could he? She had entranced him as soon as she walked into the school. Was she coy? Yes. Flirtatious and manipulative? Absolutely. Did Stiles heart rip from his chest seeing her lifeless on the ground that night? Sure as hell did.

He could still feel how cold she was against him, how her body shook as he tried performing CPR. He still recalls his relief when he felt her pulse against his thumb.

Since then, he kept tabs on her. When she was released from ICU. When she was given a proper bed. When she was allowed visitors, he was second in line from her mother. While she tried scaring him away, Charlie had caught a glimpse of him, and she called him inside.

"I really must have you whipped to be visiting my death bed, Stiles." she had teased. Stiles ignred her comment. He was just impressed how she could joke like that when she had actually died for a moment, how she could smile like that even though she was pale and fragile. Red bruising rings the base of her neck, and she would subconsciously rub her sore skin.

Stiles became 'Mother Stiles' when he figured out her schedule for the time she would be staying at the hospital. He organized all her pills, made sure she was consuming all her liquid despite her saying she wasn't thirsty. But everyone knew all the sodium in Chinese food made you parched. So thanks to Stiles bringing it on every visit, it became her favorite, and she was downing gallons of liquids.

While Mellisa thought it sweet that he had a crush on the girl, she had to pull him by the ear or threaten that he couldn't see Scott for a week if he didn't leave. But he always came back, sneaking her a slushie, some blankets, a board game he had to teach her how to play. He learned she was way too competitive in CandyLand, so he stopped bringing that one despite her "loving it."

When it came time for her to walk, she confessed one night that she was scared. He saw her vulnerable side the more he visited. The side where he would catch her blush at a backhanded compliment he would throw her way. Sometimes he didn't notice himself effortlessly flirting, and he impressed himself. Her compliments made him feel confident that he was doing something right for once.

She was willing to listen to him ramble about his days at school, his theories. He even brought his whole crime board in the room once, red string still lost in the room.

Before the day she would start walking therapy, Stiles kept a firm grip around her waist while her arm hooked over his shoulders. He assisted her while she did a few laps around the room. She was weak at first, but then they took to the halls. First, Stiles showed her the "old lady speed walk," and she had to hold in her laugh all the while watching Stiles dramatically sway his hips and arms as he strides down the silent halls.

Soon speed walking turned into sprints, and Charlie was good as new. They even slid in socks down the empty halls, nearly crashing into a wall before they caught each other.

"Shall we pramenade, Miss Salzbach?" Stiles said one night, offering his hand to her.

Charlie took it with a questionable expression. "What the hell does that mean?"

Stiles shrugged as they walked along the halls. "Pretty sure it means walk? Aspen would make me watch regency shows."

Charlie had laughed, and she quieted soon after at the mention of her cousin. "How is she?" she asked solemnly.

Stiles looked down at her, frowning at how fragile she appeared. Though she had her own clothes now, wearing sweatpants and a white v-neck, he could still see her collarbone piercing out from her skin. Her eyes were sunken, and her cheekbones were sharp. He knew it wasn't a matter of eating but treatment from Deaton and her mother. It was exhausting for her.

Nevertheless, he would do anything to feel as if he was helping.

"She'll be okay. You both will," Stiles assured, his hand reaching for hers. He was pleased to feel her grip his hand back.

"Gosh, I was such a bitch," she breathed with a laugh. She shook her head, itching a spot on her hairline. "I treated her like shit the day I got here. And the time I lose control trying to protect her, it looks like it did it to spite her more than I already have."

"Charlie, she doesn't hate you," he said, words desperate to assure that he was honest. But she continued shaking her head, trying to walk faster.

Stiles halted in front of a vending machine, hand-holding hers tight enough to pull her back in front of him. She turned her head, eyes shining from the light of the vending machine. "C'mon, Charlie, look at me," he whispered, thumb grazing over her hands.

"I should probably say thank you," she rasped with a sniffle hidden by a pitiful laugh. "I don't deserve you being here these last few days. I know you're doing it because Aspen sent you--"

"She doesn't know."

Charlie's eyes darted up, brows pinching. Stile's brown eyes were so close she forgot how to breathe. Tiny chocolate chips, she thought. "What?"

Stiles licked his lips, stitching weight on his feet. "Well, you know she wants to, really. She's super worried, but I came here because I want to." Stiles swallowed hard, glancing down at Charlie for a moment to see her still staring up at him, a smirk now forming on her lips. She hasn't smiled like that in days. "You just--I just don't think you should be alone right now. You were both hurt, and both need the equal support. So, just know... I'm here. Kay?"

Stiles' red cheeks could not stay hidden from Charlie, but neither could hers. She nodded, biting down a smile and turning toward the vending machine. "Uh, well, if I remember correctly, I was an ass to you too, so, expired hospital vending machine treat on me. As an apology," she said quickly as if she spoke any slower, she would fumble over in a flustered mess. She wondered how a boy like Stiles would make her unfold like this.

Stiles grinned, eyes filled with satisfaction that he once again pulled a genuine reaction out of her. Charlie gambled a glance up at him before catching him staring at her with those eyes of his. "Today Stilinski. Don't have all night." she snapped playfully.

Stiles chuckled, tucking his hands in his pockets as he turned to the machine, eyes grazing over the horrible options.

"Uh, let's go with the snickers bar," he said.

Charlie wrinkled her nose. "Gross," she murmured, opening her palm in front of him. "Can I borrow a dollar?"

Stiles' smile faded, turning to face her with both hands on his hips. Charlie looked at him with mock innocence open hand, still awaiting his money.

"I hate you," he grumbled, yanking his wallet from his pocket and slapping a wrinkled dollar into her hand.

"No, you don't."

Stiles slipped from his stupor when he saw Charlie's eyes peeking from the door's little window. He chuckled at her cheeky smile before beckoning her to open the door. She let him in with greedy hands, snatching the Chinese food before bothering to greet him.

"Did you not get spring rolls?" Charlie asked, voice in a panic as she let her fingers dig through the bag.

"Are they in the bag?" Stiles queried, eyes trailing from the tube attached to her arm leading to the bag filled with swirls of dark brown liquid.

Charlie jutted a lip in disappointment. "No," she murmured.

Stiles tilted his head down at her, rolling on his heels. "Then that should be the answer to your question."

"Who gets Chinese food and doesn't get spring rolls?"

Stiles scoffed, settling himself at the edge of the bed. "I'm sure lots of people get Chinese food and don't spring rolls, Charlie, spring rolls are like the staple of Chinese food."

Charlie shrugged in defeat, sitting back against her pillow with her legs folded under her. "Well, they kinda are; that's like not getting any fortune cookies." she debated.

"Oh, I didn't get any of those either." Stiles winced.

"What?!" Charlie's eyes blazed, jerking forward to fish violently through the bag.

Stiles cracked a grin, wiggling his finger at the bag. "I'm kidding, they're at the bottom of the bag,"

Charlie passed him a dull glance before tearing open the plastic package. As she cracked open the cookie, tossing the paper in the bag, Stiles gestured to the bag with the brown liquid.

"What's that for? I thought you didn't need that anymore," he asked.

Charlie was now shoveling fried rice in her mouth, leaving her hand to hover over her mouth from the extensive heat. "Deaton," she breathed, chewing quickly, "just some herbs he crushed up. Said it should help me get out of the hospital sooner."

"Well, you definitely look better," Stiles said, gesturing to the color coming back in her cheeks, "does this mean you'll be out soon?"

Aspen breathed a scoff, "I hope not. This is my little getaway from my mother's expectations." Stiles passed her a grave look. Aspen caught his eyes, and she shook her head. "No, don't go giving me that brown eyed stare of yours."

Stiles shrugged with a goofy grin. "Does it bother you?"

"No, it just turns me on a bit." Stiles went red, nodded, and looked down at his hands. Charlie was amused by his flustered state and continued eating.

"You know genuine concern shouldn't be a turn-on for you."

"It is when no one is concerned for me." Stiles side-eyes her, keeping his mouth shut, or else he would go on a rant about how she would be surprised at how many people care for her. "You know for a while, I thought you forgot about me," Charlie teased.

Stiles noticed her liveliness this afternoon. She was filling out more, and the bruising around her neck was fading purple now. Still, the sight unsettled him. "Sorta impossible since you keep blowing up my phone to remember to pack duck sauce."

Charlie pulled out the packets of orange sauce and held them lovingly o her cheek. "They make everything taste so much better," she sighed before pouring it over her chicken.

"We found out who the kanima is," Stile informed her, watching as her eyes slowly met his, still slurping ramen into her mouth.

"For real? Who is it?"

Stiles' legs shook as his hands clasped together. "It's Jackson."

Charlie's brows rise, not precisely surprised considering she and Aspen suspected there was something wrong with him that night. "Shit," she sighs. "It explains a lot. How is Lydia?"

Stiles shrugs, grabbing another fortune cookie to munch on. Charlie would have protested if he didn't look so troubled. "Haven't seen her yet, so I can't say. We're not even sure what she saw."

"Well, if you know it's him, why haven't you caught him yet?"

"That's the plan tonight. Get him before he can cause any more trouble.

"How's that going?"

"Not well. No."

Charlie let out a short laugh, stabbing her race with her plastic fork. "You know, I could help," she said hopefully, eyes peeking up to meet Stiles, who was already shaking his head in objections. "Come on, just sneak me out. The kanima hates water. If I can corner him, you guys will have Jackson by the end of the night."

"You're still healing, Charlie," Stiles explained. "Look what happened to Aspen when she didn't let herself heal? She's losing control, and the same can happen to you."

Charlie grumbled with a scoff, the air conditioning stretching the silence. "Well, have you tried following Danny?" she asked.

Stiles perked up, brows quirked. "What about him?"

Charlei shurgged, biting into her chiekcn. "Jackson seems familiar enough with Lydia not to hurt her. And if you say he's only looking for a friend, who's his closest one?"

Stiles' eyes ignited with understanding, getting to his feet quickly. "Danny," he mumbled, grabbing his bag and heading for the door. He stopped short, looking back at Charlie, who smiled with victory, awaiting an award. Stiles took wide steps before grabbing Charlie's face in his hand, planting a kiss on the crown of her head.

She blushed relentlessly when he pulled away. "Thank you," he beamed before scrambling out the door, nearly tripping on the door frame. She hoped he would give her a dollar for the vending machine, but she wasn't complaining anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 4.1K 26
I'm the other Argent...yes I am the little sister of Allison Argent. I'm also apart of Scott's pack...which is stressful when you're the youngest out...
13K 441 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
5.9K 166 21
Katherine Lightwood the girl who left Beacon Hills a year ago with her family try to control her powers. She left her best friends Scott Mccall and...
1.4M 42.3K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...