๐น๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘š๐‘Žโšก๏ธ

By rahja_

๐—™๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—บ๐—ฎ Sage Athena Ferrari Her mom helped her get kidnapped by her fathers rivals, The Russians. K... More

characters pt.1
Tattos and Piercings
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
characters pt.2
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four pt.1
chapter twenty-four pt.2
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
Family Tree
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter sixty
chapter sixty-one
chapter sixty-two
chapter sixty-three
chapter sixty-four
chapter sixty-five
chapter sixty-six
chapter sixty-seven
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Marco's Story

chapter fifty-nine

7.9K 202 214
By rahja_

•SIX MONTHS LATER•

For the first time in six months we enter the United States again. Maya sat next to me in the car with the same sun glasses I had on. We even had on the same outfit. She wanted to match with me, which I had no problem with.

We both had on a turtleneck sweater since it was cooler than it was in Rio, black low rise jeans, and black combat boots. We both had our hair out. I had mine in an afro and she just had a half up half down style.

These last six months has been tougher than I ever thought it was going to be. I was basically taught how to fight all over. The first month was frustrating as fuck.

Going from always winning a fight to always loosing had a big impact on me because I never like to loose. I worked hard on my training. I still can't beat Lola though, but I don't think I ever will, which surprised me. For being over fifty she definitely can move like a teenager.

The upper side of the hard training is that my body has gotten in the best shape it has ever been in.

Maya and I definitely stick together like glue. I teach her gymnastics ever since she walked in on me doing a tumbling routine five months ago. We sleep in the same bed, we eat together, train together, and I help her with her studies.

I've kind of gotten used to being a mom now, but sometimes it still takes me by surprise.

I've learned to trust my mother a little. I'm still not all the way there and neither is she, but we trust each other enough.

I held Maya's hand as always as she looked out the window at times square. "Wow, Mommy look," She said and pointed at a man breathing out fire.

"I see baby." I say.

"We'll come here later. First we have to go to the house and get settled it." I say.

She looks out the window while I play with a necklace I had on.

We're here to bring down Annika and her operation. Lola says it's getting bad. More girls have been disappearing off the street without a trace and the Russian's are really the only ones who do sex trafficking.

Lola says I should be ready, but in all reality i'm nervous. Lola says we've held it off long enough and it's time to retaliate, but my nerves are everywhere.

I'm nervous about seeing my family and Lee. Maybe they think i'm still with Annika. I mean I disappeared before and everything was fine so do I really need to be nervous? Probably.

Suddenly the driver swerved and hit hard on the breaks. I put my arm over Maya's chest to stop her from lurching forward. Lola tightly grips the head rest and grits her teeth.

We suddenly drive back and then come to a halt. I look to see at least eight black suvs surrounding us.

"I thought you said no one knew where we were." I say through gritted teeth.

"I did." Lola responded.

"Well clearly you were fucking wrong." I hissed.

"No shit Sage." She gritted back.

"What the fuck is happening?" I ask and pull out my gun.

"That's a bad word Mommy." Maya said with a giggle.

"I know baby, sorry."

I driver opens his door and gets out the car, then I hear it.

"Where the fuck is Sage?" Lee asked through gritted teeth.

"Ms. Ferrari isn't your concern." The driver same in a clipped tone.

Lola turned to me, "Your fucking prince charming is messing up the entire operation." She said over the loud yelling outside the car.

"Let me handle it." I say.

I throw open the door and get out the car.

I've been searching for Sage for six months.

Six fucking long ass months.

Four months ago there was an article and a picture of Sage being in Brazil, but it got quickly taken down, but not quick enough.

Since then I've tracked down where she was and sent an agent over there that has been giving me updates for the last four months. Every Friday Sage goes out to the city and go shopping and then go back in and the process repeats.

Today I was informed that there were three people in the car this time and they left to the airport. I had my agent tail them on the first class flight they took and follow them wherever they went.

We all geared up and waited for them to turn down the street. "Is that them?" I ask into my phone.

"That's them boss."

I hang up the phone and accelerate on the gas, her family following after me. I block them from behind, Ace from the front, Alessandro from the right, and My parents from the left. Everyone else fills in till we have a circle.

The driver tries to back out but there's no escape. Once he realizes it he steps out with his gun already aimed at me.

I point mine at his head, "Where the fuck is Sage?" I grit out.

"Ms. Ferrari isn't your concern." He replied.

The door opens and out emerges Sage, but a different one, at least from six months ago.

"Stand down." She ordered the driver.

"Ms—"

With one look over over shoulder he shut up.

She held her gun down at her side and looked at all of us around her with no emotions on her face. Her eyes were just as dead as her face, this is the best poker face i've seen. Way too good, something is definitely wrong or something happened.

Her body look more fit than i've seen her. She looked like she lost a couple pounds, her stomach now flat with an outline of abs. Her hair looked longer, more fuller, like life has been treating her well.

"Listen I don't have time for this. Can we do this another day? I need to do something that can't involve any of you." She said in a clipped tone, like we were annoying.

It made me irritated.

"Get in the car Sage." I order.

"I told you I need to do something." She said through gritted teeth.

"For Annika?" I questioned.

She held my blank stare, "No."

The door opened again and a red bottom stiletto was placed on the ground. The woman got out of the car still facing the driver. She turned around and stood next to Sage and took off her sun glasses.

We all point our guns at Lola, "You're doing something for a traitor?" I asked through gritted teeth.

Sage raised her gun at me, "Put your weapons down." Sage ordered. No one moved.

She shot at me, missing me by just a mere inch. "Down now!" Sage ordered.

One by one we slowly put down our weapons.

"Mommy?" A little voice called out.

A little girl appeared out the car door and stood beside Sage. She tugged on her shirt, "Mommy is everything okay?"

She turned around towards me and I was star struck by how much she looked like me. Sage mumbled a curse and the little girl giggled. "Mommy that's a bad word."

Sage made eye contact with me and I glared at her. "Sage get the hell in the car. Now." I snarled.

Sage turned to the little girl and went down on one knee. The little girl looked around, "Why are they surrounding us Mommy?"

"I'll explain later okay? But for right now I need you to get back in the car with your Noni and wait for me okay?"

She nodded, "Promise you won't leave me here?"

They linked pinkies and kissed their hands, "I would never leave you. You're my other half, now up in the car you go."

The little girl giggled when Sage picked her up under her underarms, "Mommy that tickles!" She giggled.

Sage placed her in the car before turning to Lola. Without a problem Lola climbed in the car and shut the door.

Sage tucked her gun in her back pocket and walked in confident strides towards me.

I open the door to the back seat and she climbs in and I climb in after her and slam the door shut.

His hand glides over his clenched jaw.

Well fuck me. Why the hell didn't Maya stay in damn car?

"She's mine?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Yes." I answer without hesitation.

"How old is she?" He asked.

"She'll be five in two weeks." I answer.

His body shook with rage, suddenly he punched the window. "You kept my fucking child from me for five fucking years." He shouted in outrage.

I looked forward as he took out his anger. "Is that why you always wanted to leave? To go back to our fucking child who was waiting for you? What where you going to do at after the wedding? Keep her god knows where? God, don't just sit there and fucking look stupid answer me!" He bellowed.

I press my lips in a thin line, trying my hardest not to find his yelling funny. I never did do well when people yelled at me.

"And you left her with fucking Lola? That bitch? That fucking traitor? Who even the fuck are you?"

My mood instantly changed.

"My mother is no traitor, make no mistake," I seethed.

"Don't you dare insult my mother when she has been the best grandmother towards Maya." I yelled. My calm demeanor that Lola preached about having was slowly slipping underneath the rage that threatened to rise out of me.

"Oh so she fucked up with you so I guess with our daughter she'll just get a redo." He said sarcastically.

"She never fucked up." I gritted out.

"Oh so all of the stories you told me were a lie then?" He asked sarcastically.

"Because from all the sobbing you were doing when you told the damn story sure didn't seem like it." He seethed.

I held my tongue, "You know what, i'm not having this conversation with you." I say and reach for the door handle. He grabbed my hand and harshly yanked it down.

"You're not going anywhere." He snarled.

I glared at him, "Who the fuck is going to stop me?" I ask.

"You can't run from me Sage. Not anymore. Not now, not ever. Maybe five years ago when we didn't have a kid, but now you're stuck with me. Ring or not you're still my fucking wife on the documents and I will do everything in my power to make sure that you never get away from me. You're mine, always has and always will be."

I rip my arm out of his grip. "You can't stop me from leaving." I grit out.

"Let's say I can't," he said with a shrug. "You can leave all you want, but the kid? She stays here with me."

"She doesn't even know who you are. You're n—"

"And I wonder who's fucking fault is that," He seethed.

I clenched my jaw and and then unclenched it and wiped all of the anger off my face, appearing calm.

"Now you're going to go get you mother and my daughter and you're going to come with us."

"Don't say 'my' like she's just your daughter. She's my daughter too. Just because you help create her doesn't mean you can try to use her as a weapon against me to force me to stay with you. I can be gone in a second." I say.

"Your threats don't mean a goddamn thing Sage, nor do I take them seriously. Just do what I told you to do."

"I'm sick of you acting like my father." I snap.

"I don't listen to you, I don't report back to you, and I damn sure don't work for you so let's get that cleared up. I am not one of your men that you order around, you don't hold any fucking power over me." I seethe.

He lazily rolled his eyes and did three slow claps, "Everyone the great Sage Hernandez doesn't listen to anyone, woohoo." He said sarcastically.

"It's Sage Ferrari." I snap.

"We're married."

"I don't give a shit. My name is Sage fucking Ferrari. You can keep your fucking last name." I say.

"You being difficult isn't going to change the fact that  we're married."

"And if you would stop being so difficult and let us pass through this would have a much better outcome." I say.

"Can't turn back the clock now can you?"

"God I should've bring one of those spiritual grandmothers from Brazil to put a curse on your ass." I gritted out.

"Aw too bad you can't now."

"I'm not riding in the same car as you. I can't even fucking look at your dumb ass face." I say.

"Fine by me. I don't want to be near that traitor of a mother you got." He shot back.

"For the last time she's not a fucking traitor." I gritted out.

"I'll believe it when I see it." He answered.

"Fucking dickhead." I mumbled and throw open the door. I put my emotionless mask back on and step out of the car.

They were in a circle quietly whispering when I shut the door they all quiet down. Lee gets out the car and completely ignores me and gets the the drivers seat.

Everyone silently stared at me so I stared back. I look over at Kai and nod, "How was the wound?" I ask.

"It didn't really do a lot of damage. I bounced back in a week." She answered.

I nod my head. "You look great bestie." Luca said with a nervous smile.

"Thanks, so do you. Did you get highlights in your hair?" I ask.

"Finally! Someone noticed, god it's like people don't pay attention around here."

"Dad, Ace, Enzo, Gio, Dante, and Marco." I acknowledge with a nod.

I greet everyone else.

"Who's car are we going in?" I ask.

"Bestie you can definitely come in mine, Kai you won't mind right?" Luca asked.

"Not at all." Kai answered.

"Great." I say with a half sigh.

They part for me and I go the car door and open it. I get in the car and grab Maya's bag. "Come on baby we're leaving to a different car." I say.

"What did you tell Lee?" Lola asked.

"I didn't tell him anything. I'm leaving your story up to you. You can't run, at least not right now so i'm the only thing keeping you alive so be on the best behavior." I say.

She scoffed, but didn't say a word. I peeked my head up front, "You're off the hook for now. When they disappear just go back to the estate. We'll call you when we need you." I say.

"Let's go My." I say and get out the car.

I hold out my hand and she grabs it and gets out the car. "Mommy I want some ice cream." Maya said.

"Maybe later." I say.

Everyone's eyes are on us, but I don't look up. I keep staring down at Maya. "His hair is nice Mommy," She whispered loudly.

Luca smiled, "Well thanks munchkin I appreciate it." He said and ran a hand through it.

"Which one is yours?" I ask.

Kai pointed and I walked to it and opened the door. I help Maya get in and Lola and I get in. Five minutes later we were on our way back to Lee's estate.

"Put your hand up and kind of like swipe it across and say period." Luca instructed Maya.

"Luca just get out the car. She's looking at you like you're an alien." Kai said.

Maya giggled, "You're a silly person."

Luca frowned, "It's better than annoying." He said with a shrug and got out the car.

"Tie your shoe before you start walking." I say to Maya.

"Mommy can you tie it? I like how you tie."

I got out the suv and patted my leg. She put her foot on my thigh and I tie her shoe. I take her hand and she jumps down from suv.

"What are we doing here Mommy?" She asked.

"You know how I told you that you would meet my dad's side of the family and your father very soon?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're meeting them today." I say.

She gasped, "Really Mommy?"

"Really," I responded.

She started jumping up and down while squealing. "I can't wait Mommy!" She said with a smile.

Lola silently walked beside us. I turn to her, "What are you thinking?" I ask.

"About how i'm about to get killed once all of your father's brothers see me." She answered.

"I won't allow you to be killed." I say.

She put her sunglasses down on her eyes and we stepped into the house.

Maya let out a small gasp as she looked around, "Wow Mommy, it's so big."

"You should see the backyard." Kai said from behind us.

I turn over my shoulder, "Where's everyone?" I ask.

"Living room." She answered.

"Mommy this is like one of those castles in those movies we watch." Maya said as she gazed around.

"It even has those birds turned to stone outside." She said.

"They weren't turned to stone baby, they were just sculpted that way." I say.

"Oh. That makes more sense Mommy."

The living room was deadly quiet when we stepped inside. I push up my sunglasses and turn back to Kai and Luca, "I didn't know my entire family was here." I lowly whisper.

"Yikes, sorry babe." Luca said with a grimace.

I turn back around, "Hey?" I say to everyone.

"God you're awkward." Lola mumbled.

I ignore her and clear my throat, "I'm sure you know who that is." I say and point to Lola.

"Sage what the hell is she doing here?" Nonno asked.

"Before you start trying to kill her we have some explaining to do... well the both of us do." I say.

Lee, Mara, and Ares enter from the opposite exit from the living room. The air instantly becomes tense. I ignore Lee's gaze and step aside so Maya shows.

I grab her hand and she steps forward. "Hi! I'm Maya Vega Ferrari-Hernandez, this is my Mommy if you didn't know."She said with a big smile.

Some of my family member's eyes went wide. "I'm going to be five in two weeks." She added on.

"This house is really pretty. I like the gold." She said and looked around.

She turned to Marco who's eyes were still wide. "You look a lot like my Mommy. You must be her twin, right Mommy?"

I nod my head, "Mommy talks about you the most."

Dad stood up, "We'll do introductions later. We'll give you privacy." He said and gestured to Lee, Maya, and I.

My family got up and left out the room.

"Ms..."

"Lola is fine." My mother answered.

"Right, if you want to step out you'll have to come out with us." A guard said.

Lola went with them without a question.

"Why did everyone leave Mommy?" Maya said with a frown.

I step forward and pull her forward with me. Lee meets us in the middle of the room.

"Maya."

She looked up at me, "Yes Mommy?" She asked.

I gesture to Lee in front of us, "This is your father." I introduce her.

She gazed up at him. She dropped my hand and squealed before running to him. He picked her up and hugged her. I stepped aside as I watched their first encounter.

Maya hugs him like her life depended on it. Lee whispers a few words to her as he stroked her hair.

Maya put her hand out for me, "We left out Mommy." She said with a pout.

"Mommy come on," She said.

"I'm fine baby." I say.

"No Mommy, we're finally all together now. We should hug. Please?" I sigh and step forward, knowing I could never say no to her.

Lee pulls me in by the waist and Maya hugs both of us. "jega seolmyeonghalge manhdaneungeo abnida." I say. (I know I have a lot of explaining to do.)

"ye, dangsin-eun." Lee mumbled. (Yes you do.)

"What language was that?" Maya asked.

"Korean." Lee answered.

"Can you teach me?" Maya asked.

Lee smiled at her question, "Of course."

"Yay! Mommy i'm going to be speaking another language!" She said with a smile.

"Another?"

"She knows Italian, Portuguese, and we're working on her Arabic, but I guess we can just add on Korean." I say.

"It's going to be hard." I say.

"I'm ready for it." Maya said confidently and put her hands on her hips.

"Whatever you say Maya." I say.

"I'm hungry," Maya said and rubbed her stomach.

She suddenly gasped, "Is that a dog?!"

"She has adhd. She doesn't really focus on one thing for long. We're trying to work on it." I say.

Luna runs in the room and jumps up on me, almost knocking me down. She was bigger than I remember. I pet anywhere I could while she moved excitedly around.

"Hi Luna girl. I missed you." I say and scratch behind her ears. She licked my cheek and got down and then jumped up on Maya and Lee.

Maya giggled when Luna sniffed her and licked her. Lee snapped his finger and Luna got down. "What's their name?" Maya asked.

"Her name is Luna." Lee answered and set Maya down.

Maya petted her and giggled when Luna licked her hand. "She's big."

Luna growled at her comment."Sorry that was mean." Maya said and gave her a quick hug around the neck. Luna licked her cheek once more before trotting out the room.

"Daddy?"

Lee tensed and looked down, "Yeah Maya?"

"Can we start the Korean lessons now?" She asked.

"I thought you were hungry?" Lee asked.

As if on cue Maya's stomach growled, she giggled. "Oh yeah, I forgot."

"What do you want to eat?" Lee asked.

"I want chicken nuggets and fries." Maya answered.

Lee nodded and got out his phone. "From Mcdonald's though daddy."

Lee raised a brow as he typed, "You know that's unhealthy?"

"So?" She asked and put her hands on her hips.

Lee shook his head, but didn't say anything. "How many?" Lee asked.

Maya put her hand on her chin as she looked up, "Ummmm... I want 35 nuggets." She shouted in joy.

"Maya you're not going to eat all of that. How about ten?"

"But Mommy," She whined.

"Maya I guarantee you're not going to eat all of that." I say.

"Maybe I want to share," She said with a pout.

"You can get any amount of nuggets you want." Lee said.

While Maya did a happy dance I glared at him. "She's already spoiled enough by Lola, I don't need her spoiled rotten." I say.

"I'm not rotten Mommy," Maya said with a pout.

"No, you are not." I say.

"When are we eating?" Maya asked.

"Right after I introduce you to everyone." I say.

"Yay! I'm glad I finally get to be around other people. No offense to you Mommy. I love you, but sometimes I want people around as old as me."

"I understand." I say with a nod.

Maya grabs Lee's hand. "Mommy told me that you were tall, but I didn't imagine this tall."

" Oh yeah? What else did Mommy tell you?" He asked. 

"She told me your name and what you look like and how much she misses you and a whole bunch of other things that I can't remember right now." Maya rambled.

I felt Lee's gaze on me, "Oh did she?"

Maya nodded, oblivious to the smug look on his face. "Yeah, Mommy talked about you a lot."

"She's over exaggerating." I input.

"Mommy you're lying right now and you told me liars are bad." She said and tilted her head.

"Let's go meet everyone." I say.

Maya skipped over to me and held my hand. "Come on Daddy! It's going to be fun."

Maya goes around, saying hi and receiving hugs as I stood to the side and watched.

Lola was in the hallway still instead of being in the dining room. She told me me didn't want to "intrude" but I know she's just afraid to stand face to face with my father again.

I don't mind though. I'll give her as much time as I can spare. I lean against the wall, Maya looking around every few minutes to make sure i'm still here.

"She's beautiful. She looks exactly like you." Nonna said and gave me a hug.

I tighten my arms around her and she sways us from side to side. "You need to stay in one spot. I keep missing your life." She mumbled.

"I could never stay in one spot Nonna. That would be torture." I say with a chuckle.

"But it's the best way to keep you safe. Lord know what the hell Annika is planning out there." She kissed my cheek and patted my cheek twice before grabbing my hands and kissing my knuckles.

I look over to see Khalil and Maya giggling as he showed her a toy car.

"I think it's time for a little explanation, yeah?"

I nod my head and Nonna grabs my hand. "Maybe a different room. One where there aren't the children and two, a big enough room for the anger about to rise." I say.

"And one big enough so my mother can have her space," I add.

Nonna frowned at the mention of Lola. "I'll see what I can do."

It literally took an hour for me to convince everyone to stay in the same room as Lola. Marco had no problem with it, but everyone else put up a fight.

Lola leaned up against the wall with her arms folded. I couldn't see her eyes since she still had her sunglasses on, but she was tense. My family stared daggers at her, Alina the only one with a kind, awkward smile on her face.

"As you all know I was taken six-ish months ago." I say, gaining everyone's attention.

"I didn't know about Maya until six months ago." I say, they looked puzzled.

"When I was taken four years ago by Alexei he always had me on drugs by force. I would pass out and wake up days later without knowing what day it was or how I got where I was. But Alexei did that so he can take my eggs and obviously Annika got Lee's sperm since it's not that hard when you're unconscious and in a coma. They uh... I don't know what to call it, I think it's fertilized? I'm not really sure, but then they put Maya into a surrogate and she was born. Alexei and Annika did this so they could teach the child to hate us and train them like they did me and when they were old enough they would be sent to destroy us. Obviously that plan backfired because luckily Lola was there, which now I will leave the floor for her to speak." I explain and move out the way.

Lee looks at me with an emotion I can't describe. I look away from him and stand off to the side.

Lola clears her throat and stands up straight. Tension hung heavy in the air as I stood almost a foot away from her.

She stands tall, "Take off the glasses." I whisper to her. She looked at me and I could tell she rolled her eyes, but I didn't care.

I wanted to know that she was being truthful and sincere because I wanted her to continue being in Maya's life. Obviously that wouldn't be happening much if my dad's side of the family and her couldn't get along.

She took off her glasses and I walked over and sat down next to Marco. Marco held so much emotions in his eyes as he stared at her.

I grabbed his hand and held it. I gave him a squeeze and he squeezed back. Lola looks at him for a moment before starting with her story.

I hold Marco's hand throughout the entire story, squeezing his hand from time to time to reassure him.

Lola told the entire story, from when she met Victor to now. She left out the part where she fell in love with my dad, which I would say was one of the important parts on why she couldn't go through with it. But she decided against it.

Lola had a strong ego, just like my father. Neither of them would admit anything if you put a gun till their head.

She put her sunglasses on when she was done and leaned back on the wall and acted like nothing happened.

From the frown on Alina's face I could tell she felt for her. My mother looked in her direction and pressed her lips into a thin line, obviously taking Alina's emotion for pity.

My mother didn't like pity. She didn't like to reveal her emotions a lot either. She said wearing your emotions is like wearing your heart on your sleeve.

From the time I spent with her i've grown to know she likes to take her emotions out at the end of the day by training. Or sometimes other things.

•FLASHBACK THREE MONTHS AGO•

I sat on the counter as I iced my black eye. Training with my trainer, Davi was not easy. Neither was training with Lola. I still had a lot to learn, but Davi said I was making progress fast.

Lola walked in the kitchen, despite it being almost four in the morning.

A man noticeably younger than her walked past her as he fixed his collar. He nodded at me then went out the kitchen. I recognized him as one of the guards on the perimeter.

I set down the ice and hop down from the counter. Lola has her back turned towards me as she looked in the refrigerator, her long thick black her almost hitting me when she turned around.

"New boy toy?" I ask.

She takes a water out the refrigerator and set it on the counter and grab a lime and a knife. I wait patiently for her to answer me, "I wouldn't call it that." She said in the same neutral tone she always used, except for when we were training.

"He looks young enough to be your son." I say.

"He's 34."

"Hmph. Almost a twenty-five year age difference right? Do you always go for people that young?" I ask.

"I like them young." She says without bothering to deny it. "They can be . . .molded if you will." She said with a shrug.

"Molded to what?" I ask.

She smiles at me, "To whatever you want them to be." She answered.

"Manipulation at its finest." I mumble and put the ice back on my eye.

"You've been molded and manipulated too, everyone has in their lifetime."

I scoff, "No I haven't," I say.

"The Russian's corrupted you." She said and grabbed a glass.

"As they did with you." I say.

"I'm aware. I'm going to break the cycle with Maya. It's been going on for too long."

Her statement falls us into silence. I think about what happens if we don't win, if we're taken down.

She grabs a bottle of tequila and pours her glass halfway and puts the limes on the rim. She puts the knife and cutting board in the sink.

"You need to stop wearing your emotions on your face. It's like wearing you're heart on your sleeve. It's how people know how to destroy you." She says with her back facing me.

I furrow my brows, "You're making no sense."

She throws away the scraps of the time and grabs her water. "Don't forget training starts in two hours." She says and leaves me in the kitchen without an explanation.

•FLASHBACK OVER•

We all sit in silence. Marco gets up, everyone is pulled out of their thoughts by his sudden move. He goes up to Lola and whisper a few words before Lola looks at me.

I look at her blankly, but curiousness hiding behind the mask. Marco walks out with her following behind him.

"If any of you are doubting what she said I want you to bow that it's true. And yes she has proof of the other woman being real she's not just telling a story. The woman's grave was dug up as proof and her almost decomposed bones was enough proof for me. She also has the woman's birth certificate and all the information on her." I say.

"Oh and she left out one very important detail on why she couldn't betray you, which will hurt her ego if you tell her I told you this, but she was in love with you Dad. Obviously not anymore. The woman doesn't really have any emotions, almost like a robot. She really only shows anger during training." I say.

"We can she she's rubbed off on you." Zio Alessio said.

"A lot actually." Enzo added.

"You're practically another version of her." Dante added.

I look around and finally find the reason why something felt off. "Where's Shaylee?" I ask.

"Back at home. She left when her two weeks was up." Luca answered.

"When's the last time you talked to her?" I ask.

"Yesterday night." Luca answered.

"She doesn't know you're back yet. I can call her for you if you—"

"No i'll call her. She still has the same number right?" I cut Kai off. She nods.

I stand up and tug down my sweater so it can show less of my stomach. These lose rose jeans not helping me hide skin at all.

"Low rise jeans are it for you girl. You look amazing." I smile at Luca and thank him.

"I'm going to check on Maya and the kids." I say and walk out the living room.

I walk towards giggling and screaming. I say hi to the staff and Ms.Rosie and Mr.Louise gives me the tightest hugs I think i've ever received in my life.

Maybe it's a French thing?

I go out the back door and step in the backyard. The kids screamed as Camilla and Ollie watched them. I walk over to them and Ollie slings a arm over my shoulder.

"Quite a traumatic story." He says with sympathy.

"You two weren't there." I say.

"I was on the phone with your brother. We listened as we watched the kids." Camilla said.

I nod, "What are the kids doing?" I ask.

"They made up this thing called Batman super ball. I don't know what the hell that is, but they sure as though love playing it." Ollie answered.

I watch Khalil and Maya cheer and Bruno, Jabari, Jamir, Adonis, and Axil pout. Mj and Gabe laugh and they stick their tongues out at them and try to stomp on their toes.

Mj and Gabe definitely got taller. It's like every time I blink they grow an inch. For sixth and eighth graders they're tall as fuck. Every man in the Ferrari family is over six foot, so it doesn't surprise me about them growing like a fucking giraffe.

When Maya spots me she runs over and hugs my legs. Her heart thudded hard and fast in her chest from running around.

"Mommy did you see me and Khalil score the touch down?!" She asked excitedly.

I nod and run my hand over her now puffy and wild sweated out curly hair. I pluck some grass out her hair, "The best touch down i've ever seen." I say.

"Mommy is the food almost here?" She asked.

I look up and see Lee striding towards us, "As your father sweetheart."

Her smile instantly widens and she runs over to him. A smile breaks out on his face as she raises her arms to be picked up. He picked her up and she giggled. She blabbers as he listened intently while smiling.

My heart swells at them talking and smiling.

"God this feels weird." I mumble to myself.

"What? The fact that you two are parents or how much you like seeing Lee smile with Maya?" Camilla asked.

"I don't like seeing Lee smile." I say.

"Why did you smile when Lee grinned at Maya then?" Ollie asked.

I felt heat rush to my face. "I did not."

Ollie turned to Camilla, "Hmph. I could've swore she did."

"Maybe we're seeing stuff?" Camilla asked like I wasn't here.

They give each other a look and laugh, "No I think we're right."

"I'm right here." I say with an eye roll."

"Are you two still angry at each other?" Camilla asked.

I shrugged, "It's complicated."

"Jesus christ you guys hold grudges for a long time." Camilla mumbled.

"I would say get it together and work out all the miscommunications and kinks in your relationship so you two can be the best parents to Maya."  Ollie said.

"Mommy! We got chicken nuggets!" Maya calls out.

"I'll be right there!" I shout.

"Is the wedding called off or not? I've been craving some wedding cake for a while." Ollie asked.

"Technically we're married, so I don't think we really need a wedding." I say.

Ollie and Camilla both laughed, "Oh please hunny. You're going to get a wedding whether it's small or big. You're a mafia princess and you've married a don. Be realistic."

I groan, "I don't want to be realistic," I grumble and walk away.

Maya and the kids sit at the dining room table. Looks like Lee ordered a little too much. Maya is the first one to spot me.

"Mommy you want something to eat? Daddy ordered us everything off the menu!"

"No i'm fine baby, thank you though."

She frowns, "But Mommy, you haven't ate since the plane ride, you must be hungry."

I smile, "I'm fine baby. I'm not hungry, eat your food."

Gabe and Mj come up to me. I hug both of them and we sway side to side, "Look at you two! It's been six months and you're already taller." I say with a smile.

They groan when I kiss their cheek.

"Can I borrow one of your cars?" Mj suddenly asked.

"You're twelve, when the hell did you learn how to drive?" I ask.

He gives me a sly smile, Gabe snorts. "Mj can't drive for shit. He crashed Zio Sandro's car when he knick out to get ice cream and he's been on punishment ever since."

Mj's face instantly drops, he whacks Gabe in the arm. "Dude now she's really not going to give me it."

"When you learn how to parallel park then i'll let you borrow one of my cars." I say.

He groans, "But that's so hard!"

"Tuff luck kid." I say and pat him on the back.

"Can I borrow Sage?" Lee asked from behind me.

Mj and Gabe nod, "Think about me taking your car please. I'll pay for actually how much is it?"

I laugh, "I don't think you can pay off one of my cars with your allowance, but i'll think about it." I say.

I hear him and Gabe quietly cheer when I turn around.

"You needed me?" I ask, putting up my emotionless mask.

"We need to talk, in private." He said.

"Lead the way," I say.

We go to his office and he opens the door for me. I step inside and he shuts the door behind him. I look around the room. It was slightly different from the last i've seen it.

I turn around and come in contact with Lee's chest. I take a step back to put space between us.

He cleared his throat. "I apologize."

His words take me by surprise, but I don't let it show.

"I apologize for going off on you in the car."

"I get it. If I were in your shoes and found out I had a child that's been on this earth for almost five years and I had no clue I would've been pissed too." I say understandably.

"But what I won't tolerate is you disrespecting my mother. I know respect is earned, but that doesn't mean treat her like shit. She has earned my respect and hopefully she will earn yours, vise versa. I want you two to respect each other for Maya's sake. Because Maya loves Lola and it would absolutely crush her little four year old heart if her father and grandmother doesn't get along." I say.

"You don't always have to get along with her, but try for the sake of Maya." I add on.

"I'll try for Maya and your sake." He says.

He takes me by surprise when he grabs my hand. "I want us to start over. No arguing, no fussing, no fighting, like how we used to be. We need to for Maya's sake. I don't want her growing up with parents who fight all the time. It's not a good example."

I bite my inner cheek. "I don't know if we can go back to how we were. We have a lot to work on and I don't think we'll ever be able to get back how we used to. But I also want us to start over, start fresh. For Maya's sake."

He nods, "Let's go out tomorrow. Just you, me, and Maya. You know for a four year old Maya has interesting taste of an old woman. She told me she likes to sip tea with Lola while she's waiting for you to get out the shower and she even said to me she wants to learn how to knit." He said with a chuckle.

"She also told me she likes looking at art in the museums with you. And her top three favorite avengers," Lee added on.

"That little girl can talk for days. I was never much of a talker her age." I say.

Lee hums in response. We finish up our conversation and I already feel like anxious about returning back here.

I stand with Lola and Marco in the hallway. Marco was keen on her staying longer, but Lola declined. Ever since they've came back for their hour conversation Marco's been talking to her throughout the night.

From what I heard Andrea's betrayal hit Marco hard.  He started drinking more, smoking more, which I can't blame him. The girl broke his heart.

Aurora and Javier broke up Kai told me. She said Aurora couldn't believe that Javier would actually think that she would betray him. Which I couldn't blame Javier for what he did, he was taking precautions.

Aurora moved away with her mother back to her mother's home country.

The only relationships standing strong in our friend group were Kai and Dante, and Luca and Kayden. I wouldn't even call whatever Lee and I have a relationship. If we're being technical Lee and I broke up then we were forced in a marriage that ended up back firing because no matter how much protection I had I still ended up getting taken.

What do you call two people who are married by force with a kid that neither of us knew about until she was four?

A fucking disaster.

For my sake I hope it's the opposite.

Marco hugs Lola for a moment too long for her. But she welcomes it anyway and she gives him a smile.

"When are we going over the plan?" I ask in Portuguese.

"The day after tomorrow. I have to finalize and get everything together." She responded back in Portuguese.

Marco looked confused as he looked between us.

"Remember to train tomorrow." Lola said.

"Always." I say and give her a nod.

She turns on her heel and leaves out the front door, her driver waiting for her out front. Marco watches the car drive down the driveway and out the gate.

I turn to Marco, "You look tired. You should get sleep." I say.

Marco looked fucking exhausted. He had deep bags under his eyes, his eyes red like he hasn't slept in days.

He rubbed his eyes, "I've been running off coffee for three days."

I grimace, "You need sleep immediately. Do you want to crash here?" I ask.

He shook his head, "Nah i'll just go now. Can you tell everyone i'm leaving?" He asked.

I nod and he opens up the door, "Thanks you're the best. Love you." He kissed my cheek and went out the door.

"Love you too." I called out after him.

I watch him get on his bike before zooming down the driveway. I shut the door and went back into the half empty room.

Once everyone left Maya was practically dead asleep. Lee picked her up off the couch and I followed him curiously when he said he had a surprise for her.

I recognized Lee's room as we walked down the hallway, but we stopped two doors before it. He opened up the door and turned on the light.

The room was Black Panther themed with Maya's favorite toys. I go to the closet and see it's fully stalked with clothes and shoes exactly her size.

I pick out Black Panther pajamas that Maya would have a heart attack over if she saw them.

Lee holds her while I take her shoes off. I place them neatly beside the footboard of her bed. Lee and I successfully take off her clothes and put her pajamas on before laying her down in the bed.

Lee gives me a baby monitor. "I know you're going to be worried about her. I got five people outside guarding her room when she sleeps, a top notch security system, and surveillance pointing right at her door if anything were to go wrong."

I take the baby monitor and thank him.

I leaned down and kiss Maya on the head before Lee and I exit the room. I feel nervous about leaving her by herself, but maybe it's just because I haven't slept away from her in six months.

The guards nod at us and Lee and I go into his room. "Is my room still the same?" I ask.

Lee looks me in the eye while he loosens his tie. "This is our room from now on." He said.

I roll my eyes, "Cool. Is my stuff still in here?" I ask.

He nods, "I left it untouched."

I go to the closet and get out a silk pajama set before heading to the bathroom. He wasn't joking when we said he left everything untouched. My side of the double sink still has my skincare around it from six months ago.

I tie my hair up in a loose ponytail and take a quick shower before getting ready for bed.

I exit the bathroom and Lee lays on the side of the bed closest to the door. I slip in the cool bed and stare up at the ceiling. Every few seconds I check the baby monitor.

"She's going to be fine. I can guarantee you that." Lee said.

I nod and clench and unclench my fist while I count backwards from one hundred in my head.

"I can hear you thinking from over here Sage. Relax, she's fine." His hand finds mine when my fists unclench. I look at him when he scoots a little closer.

"No offense, but I like my personal space." I say.

"No wonder, your personal space is really comfy." I glare at him and turn on my side, which was a terrible idea because I ended up pressing my back into his front.

I grab a pillow and put space between us. He raised an eyebrow, "No touching. I hate when people touch me in my sleep." I grumble.

"Really? Because the last time I checked you used to love being under me." He said with a coy smile.

"That was almost five years ago. Now leave me alone." I mumble and turned again, the pillow blocking him this time.

I stare at the monitor until I fall asleep.

__________________________________

8080 words

long ass chapter🧍🏽‍♀️

uh tmr is my last day of school but i'm not going so ig that was my last day of freshman year. i'm ready to leave high school and got to college so i can move away. i hope 2025 come quick fast and in a hurry cause whew... I dont wanna be in that school 😭

hope you guys liked the chapter. 🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 732 38
This is my first story sooo๐Ÿคจ He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
80.8K 1K 25
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...
39.6K 1.3K 59
ARES I was named after the God Of War.Trained at a young age to be nothing but ruthless.To be the best assassin the Makris Mafia Family has ever seen...