Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black...

By X0starstruckgurlX0

"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is pla... More

Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black Love Story*
Family Reunion
Bella this...Bella that
Jealousy isn't pretty
Reminiscing
School?!
Pine or Ocean Breeze
The 'Other' Cullen
Carpe Diem, live for the present!
Regret
No! But Why?!
Lifting of the Dark Veil
Getting Along I See
The Wolves
Ch. 14: Devoted
15. Not a Date
CH. 16 Great Heights
Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True
ch. 18: My Boyfriend
19. Trust
ch. 20 Loyalties, Decisions, & Hostility
21. Secrets & Truths
ch.22 Knock, Knock! Who's There?
ch.23: Tall Tales
ch.24: Imprint
ch.25: Lost Then Found
ch. 26:Practice Makes Perfect
Ch.27:Interruption After Interruption
ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future
29. Graduation Day
ch.30 Loving Brother
Ch.31: Newborn 101
Ch.32: Monster I Can Become
Ch.33: Meetings and Greetings
ch. 34: Do You Love Me?
ch. 35: Good Morning? More Like Excellent!
Ch.36: Cold
Ch.37: Feeling Better?
ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye
Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions
ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride
Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy
chapter 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems
ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War
chapter 45: Happy Birthday
ch.46: Vamps Out of the Bag
Ch. 47: bleed it out
Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed
Ch. 49: Potatoes
Ch. 50 Thump
Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues
Chapter 52: Showered with Love
Chapter 53 - Happier than Ever
Chapter 54 - The Ivory Keys.
Chapter 55 - The Left Behind
Ch 56: Time
Chapter 57 - Welcome
Chapter 58 - Well Fed
Chapter 59 - Misdirected
Chapter 60 - See You Later
Ch 61 - The Collector
Chapter 62 - The Witnesses
Chapter 63 - Shocking
Chapter 64 - Be Prepared
Chapter 65 - Together
Ch 66 Rising Tension
Chapter 67 - Prospect of War
Chapter 68 - Ex's and Woes
Something Blue - The End

chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?

3.3K 55 7
By X0starstruckgurlX0

Chapter 44: Too Late to Apologize?

*Violet's POV*

"How are you doing today?" I looked away from the window, golden eyes meeting green. Lauren stood at the door, Gen slightly behind her. I smiled.

"I'm not the pregnant one, so I'm fine." I smiled at them and Gen stepped around Lauren and inside, soon both were by me.

"You...aren't very good at hiding your emotions you know? Well, not that good anyways." Smiled Gen. I looked at my friends then turned away.

"Violette?" I looked at Lauren, waiting for her to continue. "When is it...supposed to happen?" I looked away, my fist clenched at the reminder.

"I wish I knew, but all I can say is that we have to be on our toes. I need to protect this baby. She's...special." I smiled at them.

"Like you, kid." I smiled at Vance and glanced down. In the week that they've been here, they've joined our extended family. They aren't here to stay forever; they have their own home back in France. However, they have always shown loyalty to me and now, now they know the truth. The extent of my "gift" and my condition.

"Haha. I guess she is. She's going to be lucky and at least have someone she can re-" I was cut off by a crash. I looked out the window and panicked. Edward was suddenly outside and in perfect view from my window. I stared into the trees and met the most beautiful brown eyes ever."Jacob" I whispered. I didn't want to see him, I couldn't. I was much too afraid that my heart would fail me and I'd combust into nothing. This ache in my chest was by far the worst pain I have ever endured. I didn't know if I could take much more of it.

"Seems the pup came crawling back to his master." I saw Vance get smacked upside the head by his sister. I heard yelling and growling from down below. When I turned to look, my eyes locked with his and my heart broke. A tear slid down my eye and I wondered when I had reverted back to my human form. "I'll go calm them down."

"As if, don't think it'd be smart if you destroyed a whole forest there, sonic boom." Vance turned to Andres's mate, Chloe, who smirked with her mate.

"Don't call me that, Red." Andres and Chloe jokingly growled at him. She didn't like to be reminded that she did still have some trouble with human blood. She didn't consume it anymore, but that didn't mean the craving wasn't exceptionally hard on her. I looked at my friends around me. I didn't want them to hurt Jacob.

They were all strong, I knew that. Gen was agile, and her fighting style was hard to follow. Vance relied on his strong lungs that created sonic blasts that did more than leave you deaf. Chloe could control blood flow, which was almost scary. She could pass for human, or she could stop a person from pumping blood. Andres could manipulate energy, meaning any light socket he could charge up his body and use that energy when he pleased. Then there was Lauren, although she had no power, she was great with cunning and tactile planning. She was incredibly smart and we think she might have a power, other than to hide her altered eyes, similar to myself.

"Violet, he's waiting for you." Lauren put her hand on my shoulder and smiled. I looked down the window and at him, guess it's time to face the music.

*Jacob's POV*

"We're WHAT?!" I shouted at Sam. He had called together a pack meeting in the woods to discuss the situation with Bella. After a week since our last discussion, I tried to stay clear of the topic. It brought too much heart ache. However, this time I couldn't avoid it. Sam had used that damn Alpha tone on me to get me to listen, it was beginning to annoy me, the power he possessed over me. Right now, though, I felt like tearing his throat out.

"It's for the sake of the pack, Jacob. I've given this a lot of thought and.... She's our biggest threat." I couldn't believe my ears. He was discussing of a way to take down MY mate... I wouldn't let him. He was insane.

"Sam, you can't be-" Sam cut Seth off with an angry growl. The others were too shocked to speak. We hadn't expected this from Sam.... I hadn't expected it.

"Think about it. She's the strongest, Jacob. We don't know the extent of her powers; that element of surprise gives her an advantage and it makes her the biggest threat. I can't put all of you at risk." Sam tried to stand there and look wise, but he looked the fool to me.

"If you even think I would let you, any of you hurt her...you're dead wrong...." My voice was low, a deadly growl.

"We don't want to hurt her Jacob. I'm sure none of us do. We don't want to kill her-" I cut him off with a growl, my body shaking uncontrollably, he paid no mind and continued. "I don't Jacob. The point of this is to find a way to, I don't know, knock her out; take her out of the picture." I had had it and shifted. I let out a fierce growl and the others were quick to go into action. Some shifted and others tried to talk to me, but it didn't matter, all I saw was red.

'Jacob, calm down man! Don't do anything stupid!' someone tried to stop me by walking in front of me, I ran around them and was tackled down by another three wolves, I couldn't tell who was who. I tossed them off like nothing and when I lifted my head, suddenly everyone was in their wolf form, and Sam stood in front of me as his usual black wolf form.

'Jacob, stop. We need to be together at a time like this. I'm not the enemy. We are only thinking about the safety of everyone we care.' I stopped at that and stared at him.

'You aren't going to hurt my imprint...do you hear me?' I started to walk away.

'Jacob, stop.' I didn't and kept walking, I was done listening. 'Jacob, that was an order! If it comes to it, we have no choice!' I turned around and stared at him.

'We're doing this to protect our loved ones.... Maybe I should start...' I started walking again.

'Jacob where are you going?! Jacob, stop!' his voice boomed in our heads and I involuntarily stopped; I growled and his stopped. 'We aren't done speaking.' My growling continued. I kept trying to get my legs to move, but they wouldn't budge. I growled louder. No, this is wrong. I'm not just a beta. I shouldn't have to take orders, especially ones I don't want to follow. I willed my legs to move and before I knew it, I had taken a couple steps forward. I turned on him.

"Both Bella and Violet are our friends...are we really going to hurt them?" I stopped to hear Sam reply to Seth. Sam never once turned to look at him, instead he looked me in the eye, growling and snarling.

"We will fight. We have to protect the tribe. Whatever monstrosity they have created.... It can't live, it won't be able to control itself' He came closer to me now, growling in my face and snarling. I felt myself begin to bow down again, as did the others around me. "And if need be, we may need to make sure Violet isn't a threat." I growled and fought back his dominance. He tried to gain control. "You will fight with the pack Jacob." I growled and before I knew it, I felt like my veins were injected with fire. A strong, burning flame erupted in my system and I couldn't help but feel empowered.

"I am the grandson of Ephraim Black! I'm the grandson of a chief!" I stood up, challenging him, feeling stronger and much more powerful than he was. He backed down slightly and I felt even stronger, fueled by the others' growls and snarls, including his. I paid no mind to their thoughts, just my own anger and strength. "I'm through bowing down to you. Now I decide!" I growled and with that, took off.

I ran as fast as my legs could possibly take me, adrenaline pumping throughout my whole body. I heard nothing but my own racing heart and my paws slamming against the floor. I couldn't hear the others yelling and shouting inside my head anymore. It was only my thoughts, which my head was vacant of at the time being. All I could do was run and let my legs carry me. My only instinct to protect, protect my precious imprint. I came to a standstill and changed. Automatically my heart slowed down just a bit. I heard rustling next to me and panicked, it was Seth and I would have sighed in relief had I not been so annoyed.

"GO back Seth." I told him, he just got closer, walking past the shrubs.

"No, what Sam's doing... it's not right." I looked at him, about to open my mouth and convince him to go back. "Please, Jake? She's my friend, they all are. I can't hurt them. Please don't make me bow down too." I looked at the kid and sighed, he smiled.

"Fine just... *sigh* don't get on my nerves, Seth." He grinned.

"Ay –ay captain!" I groaned. "Oops, sorry." I walked on ahead and knew exactly where to go.

"Man, I can smell them already!" we both turned to the voice and Seth groaned. "What?" asked Leah.

"Go back, Leah." I told her.

"No way! I'm not going to let my little brother get killed." Seth opened his mouth to argue, but she cut him off. "Look...I can't go back. I'm tired of being the pathetic ex-girlfriend. I just.... I need to get away from his pack Jake. I won't get in the way and-"

"You don't even like them," I pointed out to her. She'd just make things harder and I needed to do right by Violet.

"I don't have to like them. I just...I'll do anything to be free of Sam's pack, Jacob. I don't have to hear them in my head anymore and that's.... that's the best feeling I've had in a long time, not having to share my mind with him and not have to occupy my thoughts with him." I felt sympathetic and felt like just giving her a break. Especially since I was hoping with all my heart that Violet would be just as sympathetic with me. Karma or something. I just sighed and nodded, I saw her smile and Seth role his eyes.

"Stay here." I didn't turn to see if they really did stay put, but instead I walked outside a particular window. I could see her clearly, her bangs covered her eyes, her skin was pale, her hair the same honey color and I could see her as she drew random shapes on the glass. She started lifting her head, and my heart rate sped up. I longed to see those bright, beautiful sea foam eyes, but before I could even lift my head, the bloodsucker was in front of me.

"Why are you here?" he glared at me, his stare fierce and menacing, but mine showed that I meant business. I knew he could read my mind, so I let him get an earful. His hands cracked from the strain of his balled fists. "I'm not going to let them hurt my wife or my sister." I nodded.

"I won't let them kill Bella, and I sure as hell won't let them hurt ..." my eyes went to the window again, the same two girls from before by my Violet's side. She stared at me, with eyes filled with pain. "I won't let them lay a hand on her." I closed my eyes when she walked away from the window and broke our eye contact.

"She wants to talk to you." I looked at him, my eyes probably as dead as his. I could hear soft pitter patter and smiled; I knew her light butterfly steps anywhere. I inhaled, beautiful wild flowers filled my nose, it was mixed with her intoxicating scent. I looked behind the blood sucker and there I saw her. My beautiful love standing there with her eyes looking past me.

"Hi Seth." Her voice was quiet, mousy, and a bit hoarse. I heard him reply back and she cracked a small smile at him before sighing. I gave him a look to beat it, which he thankfully took the hint. She ran her fingers through her hair and her scent hit me like a ton of bricks. I sighed in content, I had missed that smell so bad and I longed to hold her in my arms. "What do you want, Jacob?" I opened my eyes and stared into hers.

"I'll be inside with Bella, Violet." With that said, her blood sucker brother left us in peace. I turned to look

"Violet, I missed you." I got closer to hug her, but she just took a step back, looking away and wrapping her arms around herself. I was hurt, and broken inside at the action, but did my best to get over it as quickly as possible. "I-I came to apologize and...even if you don't accept my apology...I just need to make sure you're safe. I...I can't let them hurt you or kill Bella..." I looked away, refusing to meet her eyes any longer.

"W-what? K-kill? They want to k-kill Bella?" she looked scared, she looked like she was going to start hyperventilating and that worried me. "B-but they c-can't! I m-mean-" I called out her name when she fell to the floor. I held onto her tightly and tried to get her to calm down and breathe.

"They won't...sshh. Relax. It's okay baby. Ssshhh. I'm not going to let them hurt her. Just....sshh." she started to hiccup and I sighed out in relief when she stopped crying. She tried to lightly pull my arms away from her and I tried not to let her see my hurt.

"I'm okay, just...why do you guys insist on hurting her...she's just a baby." She whispered and looked at her hands. I lifted her face and had her look into my eyes. "I can't let them hurt her...I promised." She whispered; a few stray tears rolled down her eyes. I nodded and kissed them away.

"They won't...I'll...I don't know." I honestly didn't know anymore. I didn't really want that demon to be born, but...I couldn't have Bella dead, or worse...I couldn't have my imprint hate me. As strong as Sam thought she was...she was still my beautiful delicate flower. "I'm so sorry, Violet. I hope you can forgive me. I love you so much that I.... I just can't explain to you just how much I love you and...I won't let them hurt you and if this is going to hurt you then...I won't let them." I would protect her from the others. They didn't see how fragile she really was. She may be family with these bloodsuckers, but I wouldn't let the others treat her like one. She was my imprint not just some bloodthirsty cold one.

*A week later! *

I tried not to move much, afraid I'd wake up my mate. She was curled up against my chest, the bed cover just barley covering her chest. In this past week you better believe I made up for every second that I wasn't with her. I had been craving her touch for so long and we thought it smart to stay in a cottage home just a short distance away from the Cullen's main home. Enough of a distance for Leah to feel comfortable and when her and Seth weren't there, quiet enough for me and my imprint to spend alone time together. We heard a knock on the door and she jolted up right away.

"Crap!" she rushed around the room, looking for her clothes. Once she was fully dressed, she tossed mine in my face and I laughed. I had missed her, and to say I take advantage of her every being was an understatement. "I need to go; we've been here too long! I need to go check up on Bella!"I sighed. She always seemed less stressed when she was in bed with me, but then the harsh reality we were currently in dawned on us and I could see just how worried Violet was.

"Ugh...is it safe to come in?" I could hear Seth's voice. "Um...Jake me and Leah are going to start patrolling the perimeter and .... Violet I think Alice was looking for you." I sighed, time to get up. I started dressing as Violet tied up her hair in a high ponytail. I walked up to her, wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her to me. I kissed her lips as my fingers danced across her stomach, pushing up her top again. She groaned when this time we could hear Leah and Seth talking outside the cottage.

"They'll hear us, so come on." I groaned now. I knew we had to be serious, but I couldn't help being happy knowing she was back in my arms, even if war was close to happening between both our families. I let her go and she pecked my lips before she quickly ran away from me. I sighed and walked outside.

"Jacob, Carlisle wants to talk to you, too." I looked at Seth, his face was serious. I ran at a pretty average speed to the opening of the trees that led to the Cullen mansion. Carlisle stood at the foot of the door.

"Jacob, I need to talk to you." I saw him sigh. "We're running low on blood and Bella could go into labor as early as tomorrow morning." I think my face paled at that moment. That thing was close to being born soon.

"Carlisle... you guys are the enemy now. If they see you, they won't hesitate to kill." I told him in all seriousness.

"I know, but she needs blood. We have to go today." I sighed.

"You guys really care about her.... enough to risk your lives?" he nodded.

"Bella is family now." I nodded. That much was evident. I sighed.

"I know what to do." He smiled and thanked me. I decided to walk up the stairs to see Bella.

"You can hear him?" I heard Bella ask and she exchanged some words with the bloodsucker.

"It's not a him Bella, I told you it'll be a girl." I could hear the melodic voice that belonged to the love of my life.

"I still think it's a boy." Violet giggled at Bella's insisting.

"Really though? Those are the names you chose to go with?" I heard blondie asked.

"Jacob, I think Bella has something to share with you." I finished walking up the stairs and nodded to Edward.

"What is it Bells?" she turned to me and I tried my hardest not to cringe at what that demon was doing to her. She looked more like a walking skeleton than anything else. I decided to look away before the mind reader caught onto my thoughts. Violet came up to me, wrapping her arms around me and leaning her head against my shoulder.

"Go on Bella, tell him your names?" 'Names?' I mumbled to her. She just smiled and motioned to Bella with her head. "Rosalie has been trying to convince her of other names, but.... Bella is as stubborn as a mule." She giggled.

"I was thinking...EJ, Edward Jacob." I wasn't going to lie, had it not been a half breed demon child I would have thought it great even if the bloodsucker's name was mixed into it. However, I was still slightly disturbed.

"And for my niece, Bella?" you could hear the smile in my Violet's voice.

"If it's a girl-" violet mumbled a 'when' "As I was saying, if it's a girl...after her grandmothers. Renesme." I looked at her incredulously.

"Even the dog can see that that's awful." Laughed the blonde and I tried not to pay mind to the dog comment.

"They aren't that bad, right?" asked Bella. I was going to tell her that it was horrible, I was too busy trying not to laugh though. Edward spoke up for me instead.

"Of course not, it's...unique." At that, the blonde, Violet and myself broke out laughing.

"We're sorry, Bella. He's right, they're special. Just like the little lady," smiled my imprint, going over to rub the belly that housed that thing.

"Well, I should get going...I have some things to do..." I saw Violet's smile fall slightly and she excused herself from Bella and walked me down the steps.

"Let me go with you." She told me. I shook my head 'no' and she frowned. She got closer to me and held onto me tightly. I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"I need you to be here and keep safe. I don't want you to get hurt...or for them to tell you anything they might regret." I growled out the last part. She sighed, but nodded.

"I'll be back. I need to buy the others time to get away." She held onto me even tighter before she let go. I quickly took off. I knew what it was I had to do.

*Violet's POV*

I sighed as I saw him leave out the door. I could tell this was hard on him, and I could only imagine how hard the others would be on him. It broke my heart just to think about it and I only hoped Jacob would be strong. I could tell he wasn't doing this for little Renesme, but for Bella. It was something at least, even though it hurt me terribly. Knowing how much he despised my little unborn niece broke my heart, shattered it. I tried to ignore that ache I felt and tried to live in the now. Had I ever been afraid to let Jacob know of what I was, it was nothing compared to the fear I now felt. I knew I couldn't have him know now, but could I live with him forever a lie?

"Violet?" I turned to look at Rosalie and Alice. Since when had I walked back up the stairs. "Alice asked if you can see the baby?"

"I only saw that it'll be a girl, that's what I keep telling Edward. I can't see if she survives or if she dies.... nothing. I can only see that small bit. I can't even see Bella. All I see is...Rose, you're holding her and she's giggling and yeah...that's about it." I sighed. Alice nodded.

"I see...well at least you can see her. This is just like with you. I can only see you when you're mostly human. And at the moment I can't see anyone at all with the wolves so close by." She sighed and rubbed her temples. "Well at least I don't have a headache with them nearby. Otherwise, me being near Bella causes me headaches as bad as me trying to track you when you don't want to be found." She gave off an exasperated sigh.

"I don't know, but...I have a feeling we should be on guard. I think our new baby niece will be coming to this world soon. I only hope her mother will be around to help enjoy her precious moments with her." Both my sisters and Jasper nodded, agreeing with me.

"I'm so thirsty." I made a face, so was I. Alice wasn't the only one. I could see the strain that Jasper was going through. He looked a wreck. "I could really use a quick drink." She kept at it and I groaned.

"Alice...I don't know when I'll be able to get a drink. You mind not...you know going there." I sighed. She smiled sadly and patted my back. "When Jacob's back and done, you two should go for a quick drink, me and Rose will stay put." Rose nodded and smiled at the other two.

"Are you two sure you won't mind?" Jasper spoke up, walking back by Alice's side.

"You two should go if you guys have the chance," said Rose. They nodded and I went upstairs to see Bella. I just couldn't shake off the feeling of foreboding.

In my heart I hoped that, that little girl growing inside her mother's womb didn't cause yet another tragedy to this family. I couldn't take any more death or disappointment, and I'm positive that should Bella be taken from him, Edward would follow her. I couldn't lose a sister and a brother. I was already unsure where my love life with Jacob would end. All these uncertainties were beginning to take their toll on me, and I couldn't help feeling drained, tired all the time now. I felt sick and I was more than a little overwhelmed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.2K 23
||2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST|| Left in charge of Sam while her dad and Dean are off on a hunt, Sarah Winchester soon discovers that Forks isn't without mo...
54.7K 2.4K 35
It's been a year since Tatum and her family moved to Forks and the only way to celebrate it is with a whole bunch of unneeded drama. But then again...
628K 30.8K 26
"๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ž๐™–๐™ง" you say ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—„ing ๐—๐—‚๐—† ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐–ผ๐–พ "๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—บ๐—ฒ" "๐—ถ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ?"...
507K 18.1K 49
"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved Alice as her twin, Hannah has always had...