The Promotion {Editing}

By _xxAMxx

Cover credit goes to @meha-k Banner credit goes to @sarcastic-mess ... More

Authors note + Achievements๏ฟผ
Character Aesthetics๏ฟผ
Playlist
Part 1: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten๏ฟผ
Chapter Eleven๏ฟผ
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Character Aesthetics๏ฟผ: Updated
Part 2: Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-Two

344 19 25
By _xxAMxx

The day of the engagement party finally arrived. It was clear that eighty percent of the people invited already knew Alexander and I were engaged. We had planned on revealing it at the party, but keeping a secret deemed impossible.

In the weeks leading up to the party, we secured our project with Jason. We finalised our contract, all four of us signed it, creating the start of something new between us.

Amongst the new project, I was starting to feel confident in giving evidence at the trial. Each day going to Rebecca made me feel more at ease. There was a part of me, still slightly worried, but that was overtaken by the pure determination to send Charles to prison.

I barely spoke to Sarah. Ever since finding about her and Calum, we kept our distance. We both needed the space and time to gather our thoughts. Even though it didn't affect me as much, I still needed the distance from the situation.

I had to make sure Lily sent her an invitation to the engagement party, no matter what, I still needed my best friend with me. I missed having Sarah by my side.

As I was walking through the main room of the house, I was welcomed to the sheer buzz of people walking in and out. The party was well on its way. Decorators were shouting at each other, propping up the decorations, perfecting the tiny details.

People who held stainless steel pots, barged through to the kitchen, setting up the food for tonight. I wasn't sure what was on the menu, but the smell of different spices waved its way to my nose.

At the far corner of the room, the drinks bar was getting set. A whole range of drinks were getting prepared. My mind was set on staying sober the whole night, I wanted to remember everything.

Lily entered the room, she chatted away as she clutched a clipboard in her hands tightly, pointing at different directions. Her attention was brought to me, and she excitedly waved. As she finished directing the person, she made her way to me.

"So, what do you think?" Lily asked in anticipation, eyeing me up waiting for my approval.

"Lily, everything is amazing. You've done so good. I actually have no words," I stuttered, as I was taken back by the perfection implemented by Lily.

Lily let out a calming sigh, just as she was about to respond, she was beckoned by another worker who needed her assistance. Just like that, she hurriedly moved her feet.

I continued to admire my surroundings, a ball of excitement swirled around my stomach. My mind excitedly pondered the thought about officially announcing myself as, the fiancée of Alexander Pierce.

***

Walking up to the mirror, I finally get a glance after patiently getting ready with the help of Janice. As usual, I was held back at how Janice had made me look so elegant for tonight.

I opted to wear an off the shoulder tulle dress. It was dusty pink, with a slight shimmer on the bodice. Underneath was silk and on top was a delicate netting, that flowed effortlessly like a waterfall.

I paired it with light beige strap on heels. The only jewellery I kept was my engagement ring and the necklace that Alexander gifted me. Tonight, was about us, and I wanted to showcase his love for me.

As I was gearing towards a simple look, Janice beautifully tied my hair into a neat, yet lose pony tail, with the signature slits of hair, at the front flowing.

My make-up was kept light and simple, with neutral eyeshadow and lipstick. Hint of pink and shimmer glimmered on my cheeks, beaming light in certain aspects.

"If this is how you look at our engagement party, how am I going to handle you on our wedding day." A soulful, melodious tone captured my attention.

In an instant I turned around, to be welcomed by Alexander leaning to one side at the door way, one hand in his pocket. Dressed in a pristine black tux that effortlessly moulded to his body, making his arms and toned body, to bulge out the muscles.

"Well let's just hope you don't faint on our wedding day." I chuckled, I made my way to Alexander snaking my arms around him, craning my neck to meet his eyes.

His brown liquid eyes, swirled into my soul as I was captured into his gaze. For a moment my mind ejected to the thought of all the people downstairs, waiting for us. For a moment it felt like it was just us in the world.

It took every aspect in my body not to pull Alexander closer to me and kiss him. If I kissed him, I would have not known how to stop myself, and all the effort Janice went to, would have been blown up.

"We should get going," I said, continuously gazing into Alexanders inviting eyes.

Alexander painfully nodded his head in agreement. He took my hand into his, and we made our way downstairs. Approaching the main hall, I heard a wave of voices from various people. I could feel the heavy atmosphere of the main room full with people.

We got to the main stairs and as we walked down them, a plethora of bodies, chatting amongst themselves, came to a sudden silence. All eyes were on us.

My eyes darted around the room, not knowing where to look. A wave of awkwardness consumed me, I felt uneasy till Alexander softly ran his thumb on the back of my hand. We took our Champagne glasses, and I nodded my head for Alexander to take the reins and make a speech.

"I just want to thank you all for coming," Alexander started in a powerful alluring voice. "As most of you already know by now, Louisa and I are engaged. We wanted to invite you all to celebrate the next step in our life. I am one lucky guy to have the most amazing and most beautiful fiancée ever. I hope you all have a lovely evening, and join me in raising a toast, to new beginnings."

"To new beginnings," I repeated with everyone else. I raised my glass to Alexander, who turned and planted a kiss with his silk-like lips on my cheek.

We joined the crowd of people, who rushed to us congratulating us. Most of the people I didn't recognise, I forced myself to paint a large smile on my face and act like I knew who I was talking to.

"Alexander Pierce and Louisa Watts!" A strong voice bellowed from behind. When we turned to follow the voice, we recognised two familiar faces marching towards us.

Mrs Bingham, in her tight body-con black dress, and her shy daughter Bethany made their way to us. I internally cringed and rolled my eyes. Last time I had saw them both, I had posed as Alexanders fake wife to bore Mrs Bingham away from getting her daughter married to Alexander.

"Louisa! Or should I say Elizabeth." Mrs Bingham sneakily stated. My eyes widen at the memory of giving her a fake name.

I let out a shaky laugh. My eyes darted to Alexander who was also struggling at forming words to respond.

"I guess I should properly congratulate you now. I was none the wiser, you really had me fooled. The love in your eyes, the connection you had back then, when you weren't even together, you two are meant to be together! You are soulmates." Mrs Bingham laughed and gushed at the same time.

Alexander and I awkwardly chuckled as well as thanking Mrs Bingham. At the corner of my eyes, I notice Sarah walk in with Calum linked to her arm. A heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach was present. I knew I had to get this out of the way.

Making my way over to Sarah, she nervously unlinked her arm from Calum. Her mouth slightly twitched into a smile.

"I'm so glad you guys made it." I forced myself to say. "Can I talk to you?"

Sarah nodded her head in agreement, we walked to the side, away from most of the people. The first few seconds we stood in silence, till we both broke our barriers and grabbed each other into a hug. We stayed in our hug for as long as possible. No matter how shocked I was, I missed my best friend, I missed talking freely with her. I wanted my best friend back.

We both backed away from our hugs, I turned my head to the side, noticing Sarah furrow her brows in sadness

"Louisa, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I never told you. I've hurt you in the worst way possible. I just-"

"Sarah." I calmly let out, not letting her finish the sentence. "I'm not going to pretend that I'm okay about the whole situation, eventually I will accept it. But right now, I really need my best friend."

Moisture formed in both our eyes, I looked up to ensure no tears fell down my face, stopping it from ruining my makeup. Sarah didn't hold back and her tears ran down her cheeks.

"I need my best friend too." Sarah sobbed as she pulled me into a tight hug. I returned the hug, equally tightening my arms around her.

Alexander finally joined us, when I feel his presence, I turned to face him. Nodding towards him indicating that Sarah and I were okay. I managed to capture Calums attention and motion for him to join us, he hesitantly made his way. I irked my lips into a friendly smile, showcasing that there was no bad blood between us.

I felt a light hand on my shoulder, I turned around only to widen my eyes, feeling astonished.

There standing right in front of me, with a warm and welcoming smile, showcasing subtle wrinkles, was Alexander's mother. As well as Alexander's sister, Ashley.

"I've been waiting to get a chance to hug my beautiful daughter-in-law." Alexander's mother lovingly let out in a soothing, calming voice. She opened her arms to welcome me into a hug.

"Ms Pierce!" I shrieked, going into to her welcoming hug.

"How many times have I told you, call me Andrea!"

"Andrea." I chortled. "When did you get here?"

Alexander beamed with sheer excitement and happiness at the sight of his mother. Whilst I welcomed Ashley, Alexander practically leapt into his mothers arms. Taking in every moment of his mother being with him.

"We got here last night, we wanted to surprise you and celebrate your engagement with you," Ashley responded to my question, whilst Andrea continued to comfort Alexander like he was a small child again.

Soon after Jason and Rose joined us, followed by Lily. We huddle together as a group, chatting amongst ourselves. It felt like we were the only people in the room. This tight-nit circle felt like a family reunited. Alexander, Andrea, Ashley, Sarah, Calum, Jason, Rose, Lily and I laughed together as the night went on. I wasn't bothered about the other people congratulating me, I felt safe with the people surrounding me.

For the first time in a very long time, it felt like I belonged somewhere. It felt like I finally had the family I had been yearning for all these years. The missed opportunities I experienced growing up, the emptiness of not having a mother, father or siblings was now evaporated. It was replaced by a new feeling of having a family that I was going to forever cherish and hold on to.

My heart was at peace.

For now.

A/N

The wonderful Mrs Bingham is back! Who remembers in the earlier chapter when Alexander and Louisa had to pretend being married! Foreshadowing much?

Alexander's mother and sister made a surprise visit!

How lovely is it with everyone together like one big happy family!

Share your thoughts! And don't forget to vote!

Love _xxAMxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 17.2K 40
Natalia Fuller has had a difficult upbringing in her early adolescence but she has learned to come out strong. As a result, she has a wonderful full...
83.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
39.8K 356 6
Morgan Cahill loved her job... that is, until her coworker-slash-cheating ex-boyfriend Justin was promoted to be her boss. All of a sudden Morgan's...
313K 24.4K 44
One mistake at work lands Maya Knight paying off a debt in the hands of a troubled, wealthy, and undeniably attractive man. But the real debt, she so...