An Angel in Devil's Clothing...

By TheOGHolyDevilFandom

Rhon Gates is a boy with lower than average skills who lives in a family of prodigies. Neglected and hated by... More

My Goodbye Gift
Prologue
1
2
3
4
4.5
6
7
8
8.5
9
10
11
11.5
12
13
13.5 CHARACTER SHEET
14
15
15.5 - Special AU
15.6
16
16.5 150K Special (ADDED MISSING PART)
17
18
19
20
20.5 Special
21

5

23K 1.2K 660
By TheOGHolyDevilFandom

    I recently found a book I had read a few months back and realized I never said anything about the book or the author. So the book is called "Soul Exchange With the Tragic Villain" by ranu_chyan. It is a REALLY good book and I enjoyed reading it.

    The reason why I'm mentioning it now is because "Angel in Devil's Clothing" was inspired by "Soul Echange With the Tragic Villain".

    So if ranu_chyan never made their book, then this book would'e never existed.

    PLEASE go follow them and read their bok if you haven't because it is genuinally a well-written book I've had the pleasure of reading.

    Also, shoutout to GrayShade. I personally enjoy two of their books, "New World" and "Strength System" and they have others I haven't read yet so please look at their books too! ^^

    WARNING: Angst, neglect, and LOTS of time skips

"Papa!" A small Randall- around five years old- trotted up to the Duke. Randall clutched one of the Duke's pants legs with a cheery smile.

"What do you want?" Duke Howell glared at the boy. Randall's smile fell into a nervous and hopeful expression.

"I-I just wanted to see you, papa." 

Duke Howell's glare sharpened, "do not come to me for such trivial purposes. I don't have time to waste on your games."

Randall's expression drooped into one of sadness, "but papa-"

"You address me as Duke, understand?" Randall gripped the edge of his shirt, holding back tears.

"Y-Yes, P- I mean, Duke Howell." Randall prodded out of the room with a heavy heart.

~

"Today's papa's birthday! I can't wait to show him the drawing I worked hard on all day yesterday!" Young Randall beamed at the product of his hard work. "Maybe papa will finally give me a hug as he does to big brother!"

Randall nearly ran to the dining room to see his father and brother had already eaten breakfast. He didn't mind as he had spent breakfast finishing his drawing by writing "Happy Birthday!" on the back.

"Father, I have something to give you," Tabius spoke up.

"What is it?" Tabius gave the Duke a piece of paper. On it was Tabius' grades, all of them being top scores. Duke Howell smiled and patted Tabius on the head.

"Good job. Keep it up, and you'll be a grand duke." Tabius brightened up at the praise.

"D-Duke, I made you something for you." Randall came up to Duke Howell.

"What is it?" The sharp edge of annoyance in his tone saddened Randall. He gave Duke Howell the drawing. His heart sped up as his father stared at the paper.

"Useless." In seconds, the paper got shredded up into little bits. "Instead of studying, you're fooling around? No wonder your grades are abysmal. Why don't you follow Tabius' example? Top of his class, studying and keeping an excellent reputation while you sit here doodling and do nothing productive."

"..." Randall stared at the torn remnants of his hard work. He saw those remnants as his heart, torn into shreds without a hint of mercy.

"Begone. Reflect on your actions and get your priorities straight." Randall didn't understand what priorities were, but he left anyway. Asking his father what something meant would only fuel the fire.

~

A now eight-year-old Randall hopped up from bed. Today was his sixth birthday. Despite a voice in his head saying it'd be the same as all the others, Randall hoped his father would give him a gift. It didn't matter what it was. Randall would treasure it forever.

All day, he waited for the Duke to say something. When dinner time was right around the corner, Randall made sure to be on time in the dining room. 

However, neither Tabius nor the Duke came. Late into the night, Randall heard a carriage pull up. He ran over to see the Duke and Tabius come in. Randall's eyes drifted to Tabius's hip, where a shiny new sword hung.

"..." Without uttering a single word, Randall ran to his room and cried. It was his birthday, and yet his older brother got something instead of him.

Randall's heart darkened, and he learned not to hope for anything from his father.

~

16 Years Old

"..." Randall stood in the corner of the main hall. Classmates and other students were chatting, building their connections. None of them spared a glance at the boy with dull dark brown hair and lifeless pale blue eyes.

Said boy focused on his brother chatting with a guy who transferred to Rosegal academy last year. Randall glared at the boy who monopolized all of his brother's attention nowadays.

 "What's so good about him? Besides, does brother not see that bastard is flaunting himself to other guys? He's obviously going for the first sons of each duke; Ezekiel, Zachary, Christopher, and brother." Randall muttered. A few of the students glanced warily in his direction, creeped out by his mumbling.

"Why can't brother see that guy wants to use him? I need to do something about it before he completely ensnares my brother." 

Months went by, and Randall became known for harassing the "hero". All Randall did was point out every mistake the guy made. Along with trying to make the guy less desirable to his brother.

Nothing worked. In the end, it backfired, and Randall's brother condemned him to death.

The feeling of whips digging into his skin, nails driven through bone, and many other tactics drove him crazy with pain. However, the fact that his brother did some of it himself is what hurt the most.

After Randall's death, it was like he never existed. Except for one person whom Randall never conversed with in his life.

"I'm sorry." The man muttered.

~

"GUWAH!" I jolted up, nearly falling out of the bed. I checked to make sure all of my limbs were intact. I still felt the pain in the dream. If I'm correct, this was how the original Randall's life went.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Randall, why weren't you...at...breakfast." Father stood in the doorway, frozen in shock. Why the hell was he shocked? Fucking piece of shit good for nothing bastard!

"Are you hurt?!" He strode over and cupped my face in his hands, wiping away tears.

...Wait, TEARS?! Why am I crying?! Were these the original Randall's feelings or something?

"Hic," my sobs grew louder at the physical contact. Somewhere I could feel a piece of the original rejoicing at the duke's kind gesture. "I-I'm fine." I swatted his hands away and wiped the tears away.

"..." Father looked uncertain and awkwardly stood there. Finally, he asked, "is it because of me?"

"..." What do you want me to say?! 'Yes, I'm crying because you treated the original Randall like a piece of shit."?! NO! He's going to think I've become crazy and send me somewhere for the mentally disturbed! "...No."

The Duke looked relieved and handed me something. On it, I saw "ADMISSION" at the top.

"I've admitted you into the academy. It'll do you good to go out and socialize." 

"Wait, what?"

"You need to choose your personal servant, too." 

"No. I don't need a servant."

"Yes, you do. And since you're going to be stubborn on this I'll pick one out for you."

"Mrgh!" I growled. I don't need someone to take care of me! God help them if they try to help me bathe.

~

"I am Belle, your maid." A straight-laced woman with perfect posture stood in front of me. Her shirt was a crisp white, and her clothing looked freshly ironed.

"Er, hello..." I awkwardly smiled at her. Her stoic face didn't change as she stared at me.

...Chatty, isn't she?

"I shall be accompanying you to school every day and make sure your needs are taken care of." She bowed, "I look forward to being your maid."

"M-Me too..." I flushed at my blunder, "I-I mean i-it's-"

"I understand what you're trying to say, young master. I shall never judge you unless you request otherwise."

Okay, she's a bit unusual, but I think we'll get along fine. 

~

"How do you like your new maid?" Father asked. He forced me to eat in the dining room and talk with him.

You know, is it just me, or is his attitude towards me the complete opposite of towards the original?

Is this the reincarnated soul armor or something? I don't recall doing anything other than avoiding father and Tabius. I swear to god if that's all it took for the original to have a better life, I'm going to interrogate god about this.

"Yes, she is fine." I put down the cutlery, "can I go back now?" I felt prickly where Tabius glared at me from across the table.

"What's with you lately? You were attached to father like a leech." Tabius pointed his knife at me.

"It's none of your business." I stuck out my tongue at him.

"You-"

"That's enough, Tabius. You two need to get along since he'll be joining the academy tomorrow."

"WHAT?!" Tabius slammed his hands on the table, "WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM GO?! HE'LL RUIN MY REPUTATION!" Geez, what a stuck-up kid.

"Tabius-" I cut father off in irritation.

"I don't recall ever saying I like you. Why would I want to be known as the brother of an idiot like you?" I refrained from using more vulgar language in front of them.

"You're lucky you get to be my brother! Many people would die to be in your place!"

"Because then they'd be the child of a duke. That's all they'd get, and that's all they want. I don't see why else they'd want to be here. To be ignored? Neglected? Insulted? To have to put up with seeing your face every day and not be able to get away?" I stood up.

"If you ask me, life as a commoner would be better than living here. At least I wouldn't have to put on a facade and pretend to be someone I'm not." I walked out, leaving father and Tabius there to think about what I said.

...FUCK! I TALKED LIKE AN ADULT AGAIN! WHAT SIX-YEAR-OLD TALKS LIKE THAT?!

"My face is going to resemble a raisin by the time I can get out of here," I muttered under my breath.

"..." Belle didn't react, so I'm going to assume she either heard me and ignored it or didn't hear me at all.

"Hey, Belle?"

"Yes, young master?"

"Can I take a bath?" My cheeks flushed. I sound like a little kid asking his mom for a snack or candy.

"Of course, I'll get it prepared for you." Belle briskly walked away to prepare the bath.

You know what? Having a servant won't be that bad. Especially if it means I don't have to prepare baths anymore.

    I thought a little insight to the original's life would give me a bit of a boost and it did! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 913 11
"Two boys living under the same roof for ten years, not being much budged by each other's existence"- was how everyone saw it but deep down were two...
282K 12.1K 55
I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that said character is the brother of one of t...
3.3K 272 35
Skylar fights against her father for the death of her mother, but that fight might become the death of her. We always knew the time of sorrow would d...
214K 7.4K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...