Finding Joy

Por dream_outlouddd

Lauren Joy Carter She seems to have it all. A great big family, great friends but something is still missing... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Harmonys Journey Sequrel
Chapyer 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27: Reupload
Chapyer 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Finding Joy
Fighting for Joy
Fighting for Joy
New Work Published

Chapter 31

14.7K 779 141
Por dream_outlouddd

"Good Morning!" I said as I came downstairs in my parents house.

It's been four months since I officially moved home from new yokel and five months since Devin and I engaged. We decided that we'd love separately until we were married. My parents and Devin along with his mother came to this conclusion, however it didn't stop us from having sex.

The whole sex thing was my idea because one night, when myself and my sisters in law along with my best friends had a night in, they talked about sex and Asia explained that the night of her wedding she cried because it was so painful. Apparently my brother is girthy and it wasn't an all pleasurable experience. I do not want that so, the next night I spoke to Devin about it and of course he was totally against it being the gentleman he is and it took a while of convincing to get him to do it but we got the job done. I'm glad I did it before my wedding and I'm also glad I did it with the man that I love and who loves me.

"Good Morning Mrs.Thomas." My mom said smiling.

"A few more months." I said smiling.

"Don't remind me." My father said. "Why can't y'all just move in here?" He asked.

"They'll be newlyweds. Do you really want to hear all of what will be going on?" My mom asked causing my father to spit out his coffee.

"Isn't that what a honeymoon is for? To get all of that out of your system?" He asked my mother.

"Did it get it out of yours?" She asked causing him to smirk.

He looked her over and smirked smacking her behind. "Nope. Still hasn't." He said.

I smiled and laughed. Although that was completely disgusting and let me know a little bit too much it made me smile, my parents have been married for almost thirty years, and they are still madly in love with each other. That's exactly what I want.

"Speaking of sex, Lauren have you and Devin done that yet?" Jackson asked causing me to cut my eye at him.

"Mind your business."I told him.

"That's a no." James said.

"No, it's a mind your business. I don't ask you if you and your wife have sex." I said.

"Because that's my wife." He said.

"You leave your sister alone. It is none of your business and it's better for me to think that my daughter is till very afraid of the male anatomy." My father said noticing one of the kids coming into the kitchen.

"Alright y'all. We got to go." I said.

"For what?" Chris whined.

"Chris you forgot?" I asked.

"Obviously of I'm asking why." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Dress shopping today." I said.

"Ohh what kind of dress you want?" He asked me.

"That's the thing. I don't know. I want something like princess like but I also want something sexy." I said

"How can a princess be sexy?" My brother asked.

"Shut up, she wants sexy princess and she will get just that." My daddy said causing me to smile.

"Thank you daddy." I said.

"You're welcome baby. We will get going in a bit." My daddy said.

I nodded. "Okay. I'm going to get my bag. I'll be right back!" I said.

I made my way back upstairs and I went to get my purse.

"Hello." I said answering my cell phone.

"Baby? What you doing?" Devin asked.

"Getting ready to go dress shopping. What's up?" I asked.

"Damn, nothing." He said.

"Something. Tell me." I said.

He sighed. "I spoke to Melly's step dad."

"And what?" I asked him.

"He asked if he could have her." He said.

"No! He can not just walk in and out of Mels life. That's not happening!" I yelled.

"Baby calm down, I know but he's trying to take this thing to the courts and if he does they just might give her to him because he has the baby and they want the kids to be together." Devin explained.

"Dee that can't happen." I said

"I know pooh. I'm trying my best to find ways." He sighed.

"And where is Melly?" I asked.

"In the room with Cara watching a movie." He said.

"Okay, well what would you have needed me to do?" I asked.

"Watch the girls while I handle this business with my mother." He said.

"Okay." I said. "I'll come get them." I said

"Thank you baby. I didn't want to bother my brother with all this since he's in school and stuff." He said

"He needs to know soon." I said.

"I know babe. Soon." He said.

"So mamas going with you?" I asked.

"She is." He said.

"Damn, I was trying to have her go dress shopping with us. I'll just reschedule." I said.

"I didn't know you were taking her." He said.

"It's fine. This is way more important. I'm coming to get the girls." I said.

"Alright babe." He said. "I love you"

"I love you too. Make sure the girls are dressed." I stressed.

"Okay. " He said and hung up.

I made my way back downstairs. "Change of plans guys. Something came up with Devin and it's a lot going on. His mom won't be able to come and I don't want to go with out her." I Said.

"She don't even like you." Jonathan said.

"It's not the point. I still need to be considerate of what she'd like. Besides she never said she didn't like me." I said.

"She never said she did like you either." Chris pointed out.

"Once again mind your business boys, okay joy. Where you going?" My mom asked.

"To get the girls while Devin and his mom go try and figure out what's going on." I answered.

"Alright. I'll come with." She said.

"Okay." I told her and we left out.

~~~

"Babe, I'm outside." I said.

"Come in real quick." He said.

"Alright." I said.

I grabbed my keys out my purse for his house and made my way inside.

"Devin!" I yelled.

"In Amores room!" He shouted.

I sighed. I told him to have them ready. When I came up the stairs, I noticed her room door open and she was talking to him.

"Daddy me want five braids not ten." She whined.

"I made yours smaller so it's gonna look funny if you get five come on please quit moving your head. Melly pass me her bow bow." He said. I smiled watching him braid her hair and add vows at the end to keep her twist in place.

"This why I like Ms. Lauren do my hair. You hurt me." She said flinching.

"When Ms. Lauren did your hair you messed it up. I said before you take swim put your cap on but you didn't." He said

"So why she can no fix it." She whined flinching.

"Stop hurting my baby Devin." I said and she jumped up hugging me.

"He hurt soo bad." She pouted look up at me.

"You should have put your cap on." I said.

"But the other girls no wear no cap." She said.

"The other girls didn't wear a cap is the correct way and you are not the other girls. Your parents tell you to put the cap on and that's what you do clear Missy?" I asked bending down to her level.

"Yes." She said

"Yes who? Yes what?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am what you say clear." She said.

"Alright, now let me finish this hair." I said.

"Hey Aunty Lauren." Mels said.

"Hey Melanie." I said kissing her cheek. "Your hair still looks really good." I said.

"I wrap it every night just like you taught me" she smiled proudly.

"Very good." I said "so how is school?" I asked as I finished tying Amores last twist.

"It's a little tough." She admitted.

"How so?" I asked her.

"It's a lot to study. I got reading and spelling and math." She said shaking her head.

"Well what's hard for you?" I asked.

"Spelling and Reading." She explained.

I nodded my head. "Okay, so tomorrow when I go to your school I'll talk to your teacher and we will figure something out to help you okay?"
I asked her.

"Okay. Thank you." she said and hugged me.

"Alright girls. Let's get out of here." I said as I picked up Amore and kissed her cheek.

"Bye daddy." Amore said

"Bye baby. How about you go with grandma. Let me talk to Ms.Lauren real quick." He said after kissing her head

She nodded and walked away and he kissed Melly's head and she walked off with my mother.

"Why didn't Melly tell me that?" He asked.

"Did you ask her?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I ask all the time everyday." He said.

I shrugged. "Maybe because I'm a woman."

"Damn. Talk to her find out for me. I want her to talk to me too." He said

I smiled. "I will." I kissed his lips. "You keep on being a great daddy and uncle okay? Everything will be fine she's a girl." I said.

"That's why I need to go on ahead and get you pregnant so I can have a boy." He smiled.

"Not happening until after the wedding." I said.

He sighed. "I know. I see you sticking to that too because you ain't lemme tap since two weeks ago." He said.

"Baby, I hate when you talk like that." I whined.

"You love it actually." He said pulling me to it.

"Yeah but I hate it right now because I'm trying to wait until our wedding night to do it again especially because someone doesn't like to use condoms." I said.

"We got two kids. No more for the next year." I said.

He rolled his eyes. "It's my dream to have you pregnant durning Christmas and bare door due in the summer. Make my dream come true babe." He said.

"Our first anniversary that'll be your gift if you're on the good list." I said

"I told the girls that was fake." He said.

I gasped. "No you didn't." I said.

"But I did." He said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because Christmas isn't about a gift it's about Jesus Christ's birthday." He said.

"Yes baby but they are kids." I said. "It gives them something to look for. If can be both educational and fun." I said.

"They still get gifts but they have to do something good for people too. That's what we will start this year." He said.

I nodded. "I actually like that idea." I said

"I know. I'm genius but let me get out of here." He sighed.

I nodded. "Okay. Don't be scared. Everything will work itself out baby." I said.

"You're right. I love you baby." He said.

"I love you more." I said kissing his lips.

Every time we kiss, I get that feeling in my gut. Bubbling up inside of me, like excitement. It's warm and fuzzy but somehow it's still electrifying. I love it.

When we let go. I made my way to the door, and he opened it for me, letting me out first. Just then, someone was about to knock on the door

"Devin." The girl said biting her lip.

"Taylor?" He asked a little stunned

I looked between the two. "So you gonna introduce me or.." She asked

"Lauren, baby this is taylor. Amores mother. Taylor this is my wife, Lauren." He said and she smirked.

A/N

60 comments!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

312K 17K 47
Finding Joy Sequel.
8.7K 177 20
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎.
151K 5.5K 35
When hockey team captain, Jace Carter, needs help to get back on the ice, he gets assigned to the best tutor at Trenton State. Problem was his first...
201K 8.3K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...