The Family You Needed (Book 2...

By silver-shadowss

Now that you're moved in with the turtles back on their Earth, you have more problems than you did before. N... More

1- Talking? Nope
2- Targeted
3- Karai
4- Injuries Make Good Conversation
5- Oops?
6- I'm Sorry
7- She's Gone
8- The Shredder
9- So It Begins
10- Pain
11- Plans
12- The Rescue
13- Descisions
14- Regrets
15- Raph's Thoughts
16- Leo's Letter
17- Mikey's Fears
18- Donnie's Concerns
19- Hard To Say
20- Waking Up Is Hard
21- Wake
22- Explanations
23- Deeper Than We Thought
24- Awkward Conversations
25- Inner Demons
26- Hiding
27- Admitting
Final Note...

28- As It Ends

1.9K 39 10
By silver-shadowss

Two months later...

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Leo asked as he fidgeted nervously. You nodded as he helped you remove the manhole cover and leave the sewers. It had been two months since Karai went back to Japan, and everything had finally settled down a little bit, and you were currently being escorted to the surface by your wonderful, yet SUPER overprotective boyfriend.

He just peeked up over at you since it was daytime, and you smiled down at him.

"I'll be fine Leo. I'm just going to do some shopping. I've gone out on my own before and you've never been like this," you replied. He sighed, knowing you were right.

"I know. I'm sorry. You've been out on your own a few times up here since you healed and you were fine, I should just stop worrying so much," he replied sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. You laughed and slung your backpack higher over your shoulder before nudging his finger with the toe of your boot and smiling.

"That's right. Never argue with your girlfriend, fearless. Or else you'll be sleeping alone tonight." You smirked and he rolled his eyes again playfully. "I'll call you when I'm on my way back, okay?" You said and he sighed and nodded, giving you a smile before closing the manhole cover as you walked away.

Once you were sure that Leo wasn't watching you, you opened up the map on your phone and looked up the place you were actually going, smirking to yourself the whole way as you turned right instead of left, turning away from the mall and deeper into the city.

"This is gonna be fun."

<<{}>>

You touched your tender side as you slipped back down into the sewers, smiling to yourself at the tingling sensation that reminded you of your decision.

You made your way through the winding sewer tunnels until you reached the entrance to the lair, where you saw Raph and Mikey battling it out on Mario Kart.

"NO! God damn banana!"

"AHA GET DESTROYED BRO!!" Shouted Mikey gleefully as Raph let out a growl. You laughed as you passed by them and patted Raph on the shoulder as he pouted from his loss.

"Oh don't worry. You'll get him next time-... but probably not. You really suck at this game," you teased him and he gave you a pouty frown.

"Ha ha. Very funny." He growled before Mikey started another round, and you walked to Donnie's lab before Leo could catch you.

"So? How'd it go?" Asked Donnie excitedly as he spun around his chair to face you when you walked in. You closed the lab door and went over to him happily.

"It looks great. I'm really happy," you gushed. He spun around once in his computer chair happily before stopping and staring at you. You froze under his brown eyes gaze until he finally gestured to you.

"Well? Don't keep me waiting! Let's see it!" He said. You giggled before pulling up your hoodie and shirt, gently taking off the wrapping over top of your side.

Donnie gasped in delight and quickly put his hands over his mouth when he fully saw your side.

The Japanese symbol for family, just like on your wall, was placed in the exact centre of your healed burn, different flowers and leaves blossoming outwards from it and taking up almost your whole side and completely covering the burn scar.

"Oh my-... it's so beautiful," Donnie said as he examined the tattoo closely.

After the whole "branding" thing with Karai, the Foot Clan symbol on your side was a constant reminder of your time in torture. So you decided to do something about it. After consulting with Donnie to see if it was healed, you decided to get a tattoo to cover it up and make a fresh start without the brand on your side. Donnie had agreed after seeing how unnaturally well the burn healed. It scarred of course, but not nearly as bad as he thought it would be. He blamed it on your body being different since you were from a separate Earth.

You and Donnie had planned this for weeks, making sure to keep it secret from Leo so it could be a surprise. But it was like your way or starting over-... of finally getting over what happened to you.

"It's perfect," you gushed happily and Donnie nodded.

"It really is. And Leo and the others will be so honoured that you chose that symbol for the middle, since as you know we do have it kinda everywhere," Donnie chuckled as he gestured to the symbol that was spray painted on one of his lab walls. You laughed as you pulled your hoodie down again and Donnie smiled brightly.

"He should be in the dojo if I'm right," Donnie smirked and you rolled your eyes before smiling.

"Isn't he always," you thanked Donnie and gave him a quick hug before leaving the lab in search of Leo.

Just like Donnie had said, Leo was doing a few katas on the platform when you walked in. His katana swished through the air as he spun and flipped with the grace of a swan. You came up quietly behind him, clearing your throat to get his attention. His eyes opened as he landed and turned toward you and he smiled.

"You're back."

"You would know that if you answered your texts," you replied and he smiled nervously.

"Heh. Yeah. Sorry about that," he apologized as he sheathed his swords. "So, how was your shopping trip?" He glanced around and didn't see any bags, then looked back at you and raised an eye ridge.

"It was good. It was a nice day out," you ignored his pointed stare as you turned your back to him and walked out of the dojo, leaving him confused and following after you.

"Y/n?" He called. You just walked to the living room and planted yourself next to Raph and Mikey who were still going at it. Leo sat beside you and gave you a questioning glance. You winked at him and smiled.

"Later," you said and he cautiously and suspiciously looked back at the TV screen.

You bought pizza for dinner, and after everyone had eaten and gone back to the living room, Donnie poked you in the shoulder as he walked past as you stifled a laugh when you saw him practically vibrating in excitement.

"Did you tell them?" He asked. That made the other three stop and look at you.

"Tell us what?" Asked Leo suspiciously. You shook your head and then told them all to sit down.

"I have something to show you," you said and they all plopped down onto the couch. You glanced at Donnie who smiled before taking off your hoodie and leaving only your tee shirt on under it. Leo raised an eye ridge and you glanced at them all before lifting your shirt upon the one side to show off the new tattoo.

"Whoaaaaa," Mikey instantly came over to inspect the colourful tattoo and then gave you a hug and smiled. "It looks so awesome girl! It suits you," you hugged him back and watched Raphs gold eyes go wide when he fully saw it.

"Wow. Didn't think you had that in ya," he smirked and ruffled your hair making you laugh. Leo was the last one to come see it and when he did, you saw Donnie give you a wink from his spot standing beside the couch while the other two. You watched Leo's blue eyes examine the tattoo closely as he crouched down beside you and looked at your side.

"Is this-..." he gently brushed over the symbol in the center of it all with his thumb and you nodded and bit your lip.

"What do you think?" You asked worriedly. He stood up and gave you a proud smile.

"It's perfect," he pulled you into a hug and kissed the top of your head. "Just like you."

"Get a room," groaned Raph as he rolled his eyes. Leo scowled playfully at him before Mikey spoke.

"Who's up for some DESSERT?" He exclaimed joyously. A chorus of happy agreement sounded out and you all followed Mikey into the kitchen for some well deserved dessert.

<<{}>>

That night when everyone was chilling on the couch, Leo gently whispered to you to come to his room later that night. You looked at him curiously but he just smiled and looked away.

So now here you were, standing in sweats and a hoodie with your hair pulled up in a messy bun in front of Leo's room door as you gently knocked on it.

"Come in." He called out softly and you opened the door, slipping inside the darkened room and closing it behind you. He was sitting on his bed with his shell leaned up against the wall, his blue eyes sparkling at you. You sat beside him and he immediately grabbed your hand, smiling at you.

"What did you need me to come here for?" You asked. He stood up and went to a drawer on his desk and grabbed something before coming to sit down beside you again. You could tell he was nervous and you raised an eyebrow but he barely noticed.

"You know-... when I met you, I was nervous. Humans never take too kindly to us showing up. But you-... you were different. You welcomed us in and treated us like family. You knew all of our strengths, our weaknesses-... but you also knew how to help and deal with each of us in different ways," you watched him take a deep breath and steady himself before continuing. "I wasn't sure what to think when I realized that I liked you. I thought it would never happen. I'm not exactly a normal human, I can't give you the things that another guy could. I can't take you on fancy dates or go out shopping. But when you told me that you liked me too-... I thought I was dreaming. You're so perfect, I thought an Angel was standing in front of me."

You gave him a smile as his words sunk in and you blushed.

"When you got taken-... I felt a piece of me shatter without you. When we found the videos of you being tortured, I couldn't breathe." Your eyes teared up when you saw his blue eyes go sad.  "After that, I promised myself I would never let something like that happen to you again."

He reached over and grabbed a small box, the one he had gotten from his desk, and held it out. Your eyes went wide in panic and he chuckled.

"Don't worry. I'm not proposing, not yet at least." You let out a small sigh of relief and heard him laugh again before he went serious.

"Y/n. I know that I can't give you the same things that any other guy can, and I know that I'm not normal and neither is my family. But I would do anything to keep you safe and by my side for the rest of my life." You felt a tear leave a trail down your cheek as he opened the box to reveal a silver ring, clear and blue gems going around it with an infinity symbol woven around the band. You gasped and put your hands to your mouth.

"Leo-... I can't-... I don't-..."

"I promise that I will protect you with my life. And this ring just makes my promise final." He said quietly. He took the ring from the box and slipped it onto your hand, bringing your hand up and kissing your knuckles afterward.

"You are the best person I have ever met in my life Leo." You said honestly. He smiled and you reached up and rubbed his cheek with your thumb. "And I know you would do anything to protect me. That's why I love you." You saw his eyes widen just a bit before you pulled his head forward and rested
your forehead against his.

"I love you too," he whispered and you smiled before he pulled you in and kissed you. When you pulled away, he dragged you down so you were laying with him on his bed. You smiled and snuggled closer into his plastron, feeling his muscular arms wrap tightly around you as he nuzzled his beak into your hair.

And as you lay in Leo's arms, surrounded by his love and the love of the others, you finally realized that this right here-.... All of the crazy, dangerous, wild things that made the Hamato clan what they were-...

This...

This was the family you needed.

The End
________________________

GEEEEEEEE WHIZ. The End y'all.

The End.

It's been a wild ride everyone. A wild ride indeed... And honestly, I couldn't be happier about it.

Thank you so, so, SO much to everyone that stuck with me through both books, I don't have words to describe how thankful I am for all of my readers. You guys are what make my day. Coming on here to see that people actually enjoy my work is a literal dream come true for me. So thank you again to everyone who stuck with me.

Imma be posting another chapter just as a thank you to everyone and as a final for this book cause this chapter is already longer than I initially planned😂

Hope you all enjoyed!!

XX Shadow

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2K 2.3K 25
Subsequent to the battle of the turtles vs. Shredder, Leonardo gets captured. After being tortured and with little to eat or drink in a small cell, S...
4.3K 101 18
(Cover designed with PicsArt) WATTPAD DELETED CHAPTERS 14 AND 17 AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO Raphael Hamato x DemiGirl! Reader (ATTENTION: this book i...
41.1K 757 18
Separated from her sister shortly after their father died, Y/N O' Neil learned to adapt to the NYC way, living a dangerous and shady life for 16 year...
13K 291 24
You were in the Foot Clan, fighting grounds keepers. When you saw another piece of the darker armor your sensei's didn't see. You decided to retrieve...