Beware of the Parker Boys *UN...

lillianT55 tarafından

Being a teenager is dramatic, emotional, and confusing. Brooklyn enters Junior year in an overload of events... Daha Fazla

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty, Part One
Chapter thirty, part 2
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Epilogue
Author's Note
Teaser Chapter for Beware of Brooklyn Sequel

Chapter Twenty Nine

9.1K 327 21
lillianT55 tarafından

Chapter twenty nine

Brook’s POV

      “Thank you for letting me stay.” I say as I lean against the kitchen doorway where I find him making Eggo waffles, regardless it was night time and not morning.

      “Any time. You know I’m here.” he says, flashing a smile my way as two waffles shoot from the toaster.

      I had been here since this morning. Tanner and I had both skipped school, and with his parents being gone on a business trip it was just us. So we took the time to watch TV and eat nothing but junk food, not really talking, just enjoying each other’s presence.

      He hands me two waffles that are already buttered and covered with syrup, just the way I like them. I smile and we sit down at the small dining room table. Unlike ours, his only had four spots. Ours had like, twelve.

      I chuckles slightly to myself and he looks up from his plate.

      “What? Do they taste funny?” he asks me, looking at my waffles and I laugh a little louder.

      “No, it’s just your table is so much smaller than ours.” I chuckle and he nods.

      “O.” he says simply and I know what he is thinking.

      Every time I brought up home he would think of them. He would think of him.

      When we are done eating I put my dishes in the dish washer even after his objections and gather my things.

      “I guess I should get going.” I shrug and he nods stiffly and grabs his keys from the counter.

      “Come on, I’ll drive you.” he nods to the door before walking to it.

      “I can walk-…”

      “I’m driving you, it’s too dark for you to walk.” he says and I smile before walking towards the door.

      “Shit, hold on. Forgot my phone.” I say before running from the room and grabbing my turned off phone from the coffee table in the living room.

      We walk out of the house and to his truck before climbing silently in and backing out of the driveway. He was right, it was literally so dark, the only light was coming from the moon or the streetlamps. We are at my house in less than a minute and I am shocked to see that there are no cars in the driveway but mine. Not even Wendy’s.

      A uneasy feeling comes over me but I just tell myself they were just out doing their own stuff, shopping maybe?

      “Thank you for all your help.” I tell him, my hand hovering over the door knob.

      “Anytime.” He says before I slide out and wave goodbye and walk across the yard and to the door.

      I slip my hand under the welcome mat that lays in front of the door and grabbing the house key Wendy had informed me about. My original house key had been hanging on my key chain, which was in my room due to my hassle to leave the day before.

      I walk inside and quickly feel uneasy, I turn on the lights but the feeling continues to remain. Being in this large house with no one else just didn’t feel right. I was so used to it being filled with noise and voices I just didn’t recognize it when it was quiet.

      My throat suddenly becomes dry and begs for something to drink. I walk into the kitchen and grab a glass out of the cabinet, a piece of paper that sits on the counter catching my eyes.

      I walk slowly over to it and read the writing. It was Wendy’s writing no doubt, none of the boys could write as neat as this. But her hand writing wasn’t as neat and bubbly as it usually was, it looked rushed, more flat and harder to read.

      Brooklyn-

     Call one of the boys as soon as you get this. ASAP.

     -Wendy

      I reach hastily into my pocket after dropping the note to the floor. Something was wrong. I knew it. I turn it on, waiting until my background comes into place, allowing me to find I have 35 missed calls and 56 text messages.

      I click on one of the voicemails and wait for it to load before Thomas’s frantic voice fills my ears. 

      “Brook, answer your phone. You need to get-….” But the line is hung up when a loud beeping begins.

      There is total of ten messages and I listen to them all, none of them explaining what is going on. None of them except the last one.

      “Brooklyn, it’s Rodger, he’s had a accident, you need to get down here to the hospital as soon as you get this…. it isn’t looking good.” At the end his voice cracks and everything inside of me crumbles. Pressing the replay button I replay what he said, trying to grasp the news.

      Without another thought the phone slips from my hands and I grab my keys before running to the driveway, throwing open my car door and slipping hastily in. I back out of the driveway, not even thinking about my speed as I floor it down the streets, trying to reach the hospital as fast as I can.

      My heart races in my chest and my hands hold the steering wheel with all the strength they can bare.

      “Brooklyn, it’s Rodger, he’s had a accident, you need to get down here to the hospital as soon as you get this…. it isn’t looking good.”

      What had he meant? What accident?

      “It isn’t looking good.”

      Shivers rack my body at his words as I pull into the parking lot of the large hospital, not bothering to check how I park. If I got a ticket then I got one, this was worth the risk and I didn’t have time to spare. I already wasted most of it pouting at Tanner’s.

      This probably wouldn’t even have happened if I hadn’t started that fight yesterday.

      I throw the glass doors open and race in, my feet carrying me at a run as I sprint past the nurses and other people. They cast me curious looks and I shake them off. I don’t have time to worry about it.

      He was the only thing on my mind right now.

      I find the lobby and race past it, knowing the nurse’s station is right on the other side. I slam myself up against the counter, breathless as the nurse looks at me, shocked at my sudden appearance.

      “Roger Parker’s room please.”

      She takes her eyes away from me for a moment to look through a file and then looks up at me, shaking her head slightly.

      “He can’t have visitors at the moment.”

      “Well can you tell me what is going on? What happened!?”I ask, my voice raising as panic sets in.

      “Are you family?”

      I hesitate for a moment before answering. “No, but I am living with them. Their father is my guardian.” I inform.

      She looks me over for a moment, as if she is debating on telling me what is going on. I am about to yell at her, to demand her tell me what I need to know but she tells me before I have a outburst.

      “He had a car accident this morning at 8:30. He wasn’t wearing his seat belt so his body was ejected from the car through the windshield. The blow of the glass to his head has dismembered parts of his neck and has left some crucial damage to his brain. When the paramedics had gotten him here he was barely hanging on and when his heart stopped they were barely able to revive him.” she says, taking a deep breath, a look in her eyes makes my stomach churn. She was about to tell me something bad. Something she didn’t want to. I knew that look more than anything. “When they were able to revive him, he lapsed into a coma….. the doctors performed a surgery on his head earlier today but the results…. Weren’t… promising. We will know the fate within the next twenty four hours.”

      “Wait…. What do you mean ‘they weren’t promising’? They sure as hell better be! And what is all that ‘we will know the fate within the next twenty four hours’? What is that supposed to mean?!” I shriek, my voice and everything turning hysterical.

      “We will know everything within the next-…”

      “Yes, you have said that, but are you saying that within those twenty four hours he could die!?”

      A apologetic look appears on her face and sorrow fills her eyes as tears fill mine. “I’m sorry.” She says softly as she nods.

      I slowly turn away from her, my chest beginning to heave as a sob builds.

      “Brooklyn! O thank goodness you got here!” someone yells but my legs give out and the sounds disappear as I slowly fall to the ground.

      This was all my fault.

      Rodger may die because of me.

SORRY IT WAS SO SHORT! BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ANYWAY! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! MY READS ARE CONTINUING TO CLIMB AND I AM SO GRATEFUL! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU AMAZING READERS! :) I REALLY DID NOT EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN WHEN I POSTED THIS STORY, REALLY MAKES ME HAPPY!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE! I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS! THEY MAKE MY DAY!

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO HAIDEN FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS YOU HAVE LEFTED, REALLY APPERICATE IT!

WELP, HAVE PAY ADITIONS IN A HOUR AND ARE SOOO NERVOUS! WISH ME LUCK! ;)

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

136 27 30
A young girl with a troubled life runs into someone she never thought she would. Love brings out secrets in one another but is brought to a halt...
69 1 32
Blaire is new in town and just wants to have a normal year. She never expects to run into an old friend. When Jay runs into Blaire at school, he's sh...
3.8K 92 22
You know these feelings that you can't really describe. That's what Rome and Gaint experience when they meet each other. Even though their first enco...
9K 789 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...