The Promotion {Editing}

By _xxAMxx

Cover credit goes to @meha-k Banner credit goes to @sarcastic-mess ... More

Authors note + Achievements๏ฟผ
Character Aesthetics๏ฟผ
Playlist
Part 1: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten๏ฟผ
Chapter Eleven๏ฟผ
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Character Aesthetics๏ฟผ: Updated
Part 2: Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Eight

370 19 15
By _xxAMxx

I wasn't expecting to stay at Rebecca's office for long, turned out, it took most of the day. When I had finished, home was the only destination for me. It was like there was an energy of force; dragging me from left to right, I couldn't pull myself to go back to the office. I just wanted to feel safe and be in the comfort of my own home.

I had to go through every tiny detail. Going through everything I had experienced with Charles. It felt like I had to dig far in depth to recall everything. It was like my brain had buried the unwanted memories. I had the unfortunate job of retrieving it all.

Upon arriving home, I went straight to the bedroom. Closing the door, I closed my eyes and leaned back on the door. The feeling of finally being at home, felt like an invisible shield surrounding me. Now all I was waiting for was Alexander to come home.

Sending him a quick message, I made my way to the bathroom. I got undressed and turned on the shower, to get rid of the clouded feelings.

The hot steaming water, fell onto my skin. At first the sharp scratch of hotness attacked my skin, but soon after the heat enabled me to relax. The strawberry scented shampoo massaged into my hair drained the worries from me. I lathered on the shower gel around my body. Kneading it in to my body, which created a soapy foam.

After cleansing myself, I hopped out of the shower and got changed into a black oversized hoodie and leggings. As I dried my hair with a towel, the mirror in front of me showed the door opening. My lips curled into a elongated smile as Alexander appeared.

Without delaying he strode over to me, wrapping his arms around me, his body flushed against my back. He sent an impulse of electricity down me as he placed kisses on my neck.

"How was it?" He asked with his voice laced in a concerned tone.

"It was okay." I sighed, "I didn't expect Rebecca to go through every single detail, but she said the more detailed my argument is, the better we have at wining this case."

Alexander moved his hands up to my shoulders, he enabled me to turn around so that I was facing him. Warmth radiated from his eyes, as his brown swirls captured me. Softly cupping my face with his hands, he kissed my forehead.

"How often do you need to go to Rebecca?" Alexander asked, pulling me into a comforting hug.

"She said the more I go to her the better, we agreed three times in a week. So, I'll be going every Monday, Wednesday and Friday." I replied as my head relaxed into Alexander's chest.

"Don't stress about it too much. I'm here with you every step of the way." Alexander reassured me with his melodious voice.

"I know you are. I love you." I replied, lifting my head up from his chest and planting a soft peck on Alexander's lips.

"I love you too baby." Alexander comforted.

Alexander then pulled himself away from me and made his way to the bathroom. I heard the shower turned on and I kicked myself internally. How I wished I had waited for Alexander. My stomach does a giddy flip at the thought of having a shower with him. We hade been together for nearly ten months and I still felt giddy around him.

I chuckled at myself, shaking my head at the feeling I still felt when around and thinking of Alexander. I propped myself on the bed, waiting for him to come out of the shower.

***

Alexander finally came out from the bathroom, dressed similar to me. Wearing a grey hoodie with a tracksuit bottom to match it. The clothing hugged his chiselled and toned body perfect. For a moment, I got lost daydreaming of his strong body under his comfy clothes.

"Come on." Alexander said, snapping me out of my daydream.

I furrowed my brows and shook my head, confused as to what he meant.

"Let's go for ice cream." Alexander suggested with excitement twinkling in his eyes.

I let out a slight chuckle. "Look at me. I'm not even dressed, I'm in my comfy clothes."

"Let's go and we can eat it in the car." Alexander wiggled his brows like an excited child.

I didn't think about it too much. I was excited myself to go out for a night ride with Alexander. Having ice cream in the car, dressed in lounge wear, was something to help me relax. After the long day I had with Rebecca, I needed this to unwind.

I instantly jumped up from the bed, hooking arms with Alexander, we made our way to the car. The ice cream place we decided to go to, was quite special to me. This was the place Alexander took me out when we were not together, yet deep down there was a connection made with him. It was when I had opened up to him about my past. My past, a subject that was often never spoke about, but that one night everything came tumbling out.

***

"Strawberry special sundae?" Alexander asked as he parked up and switched the car off.

Just the thought of the sweet ice cream melting on the tip of my tongue, enabled me to salivate. I hummed in delight and nodded my head.

Just as Alexander was about to leave the car, rapidly I grabbed his arm. When he turned his head, I stared at him, softening my eyes towards him. Lifting my chin slightly, I puckered my lips towards him. Instantly understanding what I wanted, he leaned towards me and placed a delicate kiss on my lips.

The warmth of his kiss then left me as he exited from the car. My eyes stayed focused on him, I followed him as he walked far into the distance, into the ice cream parlour.

The wait in the car felt like I had been waiting for years. The rumble in my stomach, crying for the sweet taste of strawberry ice cream, was like a broken record. The overwhelming feeling of waiting, for the sweet delight and Alexander, triggered me to continuously twitch my legs. Waiting in anticipation.

After what felt like forever, I saw a chirpy Alexander with two takeaway containers, striding his way to the car. Within a second of him sitting in the car, I grabbed one container and make an attack.

Once the lid was opened, an explosion of vibrant colours welcomed me. A mix of bright white and pink ice cream was adorned with chocolate sauce. Colourful sprinkles scattered all over, with broken cookies and pieces of strawberries to add texture.

I took a spoonful, the sweet taste mashed with the taste of creamy chocolate, filled my mouth. The sensation of the ice cream melting overpowered me. The smoothness with the hint of crunchiness, tantalises my tastebuds.

I let out a satisfying groan, I felt like I was in dessert heaven. Alexander chuckling snapped me out of my delight.

Continuing devouring the sweet goodness. I opened my mouth to welcome another bite, but abruptly stopped as something in my line of vision caught my attention.

A familiar vehicle parked far into the distance, close to the entrance of the ice cream parlour. Alexander dumbfounded, turned his head to see what caught my eye.

Focusing closely on the familiar car and it then came crashing to me. Sarah and Calum emerged from the car, chatting away in their own world, entering the ice cream parlour. They both set themselves at the table.

"No way." I gasped.

"What? What is it?" Alexander asked in a confused manner, not looking at what I was witnessing.

I repeatedly tapped on Alexander's arm, pointing in the direction where Sarah and Calum were sitting. When it finally clicked at what I was pointing towards, Alexander let out a confused grunt.

"Is that-"

"Yes." I exclaimed, interjecting Alexander. "What are they doing together?"

A heavy load of confusion and questions clouded my head. Why were they together? Is this a date? How can it be? This is the very reason why Sarah had been so distant from me. I questioned her, and she brushed it off like it was nothing.

What was the reason for them to be out at this time? Now I was more determined to find out what was actually going on.

"Baby, it's probably nothing." Alexander shrugged his shoulders, relaxing back into his seat and tucking into his ice cream.

I disapprovingly nodded my head. "No. It's not. Something is going on. I just don't get what it is, but I'm going to find out."

At first, I was hesitant as it didn't seem so important to find out. But now, witnessing them laughing away like old mates, I had to know what was going on.

Doubt creeped up around me. Did I want to know? Maybe it was best that I didn't stick my nose it. Part of me wanted to leave it, but the other part wanted me to know.

I pushed any doubt I had within me. I was going to find out once and for all what was truly going on between Sarah and Calum.

A/N

Who remembers the ice-cream parlour from the first part of this book?!

And why are Sarah and Calum there? What do you think is going on?

Share, comment and vote!

Love _xxAMxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.2K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
1.3M 42K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
2.3M 80.6K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...