Finding Joy

By dream_outlouddd

Lauren Joy Carter She seems to have it all. A great big family, great friends but something is still missing... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Harmonys Journey Sequrel
Chapyer 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27: Reupload
Chapyer 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Finding Joy
Fighting for Joy
Fighting for Joy
New Work Published

Chapter 25

12.1K 807 143
By dream_outlouddd

"You have a baby?" I asked pissed.

"Yeah, I do." He said looking at me.

I shook my head and nodded. "Congratulations." I said.

Could I really be mad? I mean she's a baby so I cant be mad. It's not like he had a baby while we were together so it's whatever.

"Thank you." He said and put his head down.

The tension was thick in the game. I'm
Upset but do I really have the right to be? No because I was his girlfriend for a few months, a year and he'd had a baby after we broke up. Hey, people move fast. I moved fast in my career and he moved fastly into a woman to create a baby. It's just what he wanted though, a child, an heir.

"Bam." I said throwing down the last of my hand.

"You suck at this game Devin" Ty growled as I completed my ninth book.

"I'm done with y'all. I got to go inside and talk to some people about Kels dress. Later." I said picking up my phone and going back towards the house

I came up to my room, still everything where I placed it and I smiled I sighed thinking of all the long talks and face time dates I had with Devin over the span of time i knew him as a biyfriend.

I went into my suitcase, looking through for something to wear. I pulled out a navy blue chiffon maxi dress and gold sandals.

I got into the shower and sighed. My feelings I can't lie are hurt. A baby? A whole child he had. Secretly, I thought that we both would wait, and come home and maybe get together. But he has a baby, probably a girlfriend too since I didn't see a wedding band on his finger.

My feelings are honestly all kinds of mixed up. I can honestly say I'm feeling a bit of it all. Anger, Grief and complete shock. Should I really feel this way? Is it my place at all?

"Lauren! Joy!" Kelsey called out to me.

"In the bathroom." I yelled as the water ran down my body.

She came in, and sat down. "So you seen Devin." She said.

"Yeah. I did." I said

"And what you think." She asked me.

"What do you mean what do I think?" I asked her washing the soap off of my body.

"You know, like do you feel any old flame or spark?" She asked as I got out of the shower.

"To be honest, I never got over Devin. He has gotten sexier with age but he has a daughter." I said shrugging while towel drying myself

"So all that time you were in New York there was no one else?" She asked.

"Yeah. There were a few guys but nothing lasted long. I ran into many weirdos." I said putting on my underclothes

She laughed. "I bet."

"Mmhm. But I called the girl. She said that she'll make the dress for a fee. Consider it part of your wedding gift." I said changing the subject.

"No Lauren. You aren't paying for my dress." She said shaking her head.

"I am, and you're gonna be happy with it. My best girl friend only gets married one time. The dress isn't that much but I want t give you this." I said as I motioned myself.

"You forgot my gift didn't you?"she asked.

"Actually I didn't but this is just another one." I said.

"You're the best ever." She said hugging me.

"I know now draw out what you want. She's flying out tonight to sow the dress. Friday night it should be done but you have to have that design. Ready so she can get the material and get done." I said

"Okay, well I'll get on that. Are you coming to the club tonight?" She asked.

"No, I have a deadline by Saturday 12 am. I have to finish I have what a day or two to get it done." I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Do you ever leave your work at work?"

"Nope." I said. "Y'all go have fun. When Is Erin coming?" I asked.

"He will be here tomorrow at 5 in the morning." She said.

"Who picking them up?" I asked.

"Us I guess." She said.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I don't know if I like Jeremy and Erin that much to lose my sleep." I said.

"He'd really choke you if he heard you say that." She said.

"I know". I said. "Good thing he didn't hear me. Now, what else would you like my doll?"

"Nothing. I've missed you." She said

"Did you really? Zip me up in the back." I said as I put my dress on.

"I got something to tell you." She said biting her lip after she finished zipping me up.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I think I'm pregnant." She said.

My eyes lit. "Seriously!" I asked.

"Yeah. My period didn't come in four days. You know it's always on time." She said getting excited.

"Kelsey, I don't want to be the Debbie downer but it could just be from the stress of the wedding . I Don't want you to get too excited babes." I said holding her arms.

She nodded. "You're right. I just hope I am. God, Ty would be so happy" she said smiling.

I smiled at her. "Yeah, he would be, and he's good with kids." I said. "And I'm definitely gonna be happy. I get to be a god mommy"

"I know you are."She laughed. "I honestly think I want to be pregnant ore than anytime before because I see Ty play with Amore all the time." She said.

"Amore?" I asked.

"That's Devins daughter middle name. Her first name is Cara." Kelsey said.

How odd that both her names mean love

"Oh okay." I nodded. "Hey Kels why did you never say anything about her to me? You know that Devin was having a baby?" I asked.

"Well I never told you Devin had a baby because I figured that that would be a conversation between the two of you and I didn't want you to assume." She said.

I nodded. "I get it."

"Yeah, but if he had her while you were gone in New York I would have told you." She said walking out.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Huh?" She asked as we went downstairs.

"What do you mean while I was in New York? I mean that's when he had her right?" I asked.

She looked back at me. "You didn't see cara yet did you?" She asked.

"No I didn't. She was conceived while I was away in New York right? " I asked her.

"Shit Lauren, don't make me do this." She said.

"I'm asking a question Kels. Was she conceived while I was away?" I asked my eyes slowly watering.

She sighed, looking at me with sympathy in her eyes. "This is something or someone you need to see for yourself." She said.

"Where are the kids?" I asked.

"The play room." She said.

I made my way downstairs, and into the room left of the living room.

When I saw the girl my eyes immediately blurred. No way.

"That's her right?"'I asked immediately knowing which girl was his because my niece, Brittany was younger.

She bit her lip nodding.

"How old is she?" I asked.

"Lauren-" she started.

"How old?" I asked.

"Four years old." She said.

I immediately became upset. I ran outside and saw him talking to my brothers, I went over to them, pissed with tears in my eyes. He had a baby. He had a freaking baby while we were together. I cut in between my brother knocking the beer in his hand to the ground.

"I hate you." I said crying.

I could tell it dawned on him what I saw.

"Lauren I-" he started.

"No. Don't you ever talk to me again." I said as my voice cracked.

I found myself running back upstairs. How could he do that to me? Have a baby while we were together.

A/N

45 comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5.5K 35
When hockey team captain, Jace Carter, needs help to get back on the ice, he gets assigned to the best tutor at Trenton State. Problem was his first...
36.2K 1.6K 20
One night stand turned more.
1.1M 43.7K 22
Twenty-five year old Destiny Jameson lives alone with her six year old daughter Elizabeth after the man she thought loved her left after she broke th...
179K 8.3K 132
16 and not pregnant but inlove.. just read yall I'm not too good at writing descriptions. Is a completed story.