The Breaking ➝ Isaac Lahey

By Emerald_Diaz

Aspen Juniper Veata has only ever known Beacon Hills to be a quiet and dainty town. Herself, along with her b... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Part II
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Moodboards
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
! New Cover !
! Announcement !
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-three
Chapter Seventy-four
Chapter Seventy-five
Chapter Seventy-six
"what the pack's photo dump looks like"
Chapter Seventy-seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety -One

Chapter Seventy-two

4.3K 220 236
By Emerald_Diaz

_____<•>_____

The week went by in a blink. Charlie was rushed to the hospital the night, Aspen refusing to leave until Melissa convinced her otherwise. The young Veata Elementalist cried for the third time that night in Melissa's arms, akin to a mother soothing a daughter. She remembered that feeling. Why did she remember that feeling?

Stiles and Mina stayed with Charlie the rest of the night. She didn't care to know who the pale boy was. It was the first time Mina showed any type of concern for her daughter.

Isaac's stab wound was healed, and he took Aspen home. Her tears were all dried out, her throat sore from her cries. Grandpa Sam only watched as  Isaac took her up to her bathroom and locked the door behind them.

Isaac has never seen something beautiful but unearthly. So primal and raging but so ethereal. Aspen's memory of that night was fogged with rage and grief, and protection. Her primal instinct checked in. As if something was trying to touch her territory.

The dim light of her wide bathroom made the sweat on Aspen's head shine. Isaac stood in front of her, his leather jacket abandoned, leaving him in a grey t-shirt. Her dilated eyes were trained on his chest. Isaac sighed through his nose. He placed a hand delicately on Aspen's shoulder, his other hand lifting her chin up with his knuckle. Her head was heavy, knowing if he let go, it would just hang downward. Instead, her lidded eyes found him, and his eyes flickered to her full lips.

"You're gonna be okay," he said lowly, his thumb grazing her cheekbone. "I promise."

She stayed quiet as if her voice was too far gone. Isaac licked his lips. He knew he wouldn't get a word out of her. Not after what she saw. What she did. He slowly let her lean back on the cold counter. In one swift movement, he placed a lingering kiss on the crown of her head and moved to the shower, turning on the water. A tear slipped down Aspen's cheeks at the contact of his lips, and she squeezed her eyes shut. He was so close yet so far.

The bathroom was soon wafting in steam. But it brought her mind to be null and relaxed and forget the cold that had taken over her body.

Aspen's expression was null of anything. Isaac didn't hesitate to lift her arms slowly. His hands pinched the ends of her sweater and gently lifted it over her head. The shirt came after, and Isaac didn't bother to ogle her body. Not when she was in pain. This was only about her tonight. He held her arm as she stepped out of her pants and underwear. Her bra was last, and steam took over every curve of her body.

Isaac never let her go as she stepped into the shower. The water pounded on her back, soaking her hair. But her eyes stayed ahead. Only names flew through her head. Lydia. Stiles. Scott. Allison. Erica. Derek. Boyd. Jackson. Danny. Sam. Charlie--

Charlie.

She almost killed Charlie.

History that could be true might have repeated itself—blood against blood.

Isaac was already stepping in the shower, bare. Not thinking. Not caring.

Aspen's back faced him. She made no indication that she knew he stood there. But Isaac heard her breathing deepen. Became easier. Isaac reached over to a rack hanging under the showerhead and grabbed a bottle of shampoo. Steam rose off her shoulder, her skin reddening slightly.

"I'm going to clean you off," he said quietly, "if that's all right."

Aspen shook her head, head bowed in shame. She didn't deserve to be doted on. Not by Isaac, who could have died before her eyes.

"June," he said firmly, but with a gentleness only he knew how to use, his hand grazing hers as it hung by her side. "Let me take care of you."

A moment passed, and Aspen gave a slight but terribly clear nod as her response. Words were too hard.

So Isaac poured the shampoo in his hands then gently laced his fingers into her hair. The soft strands were heavy, and he scrubbed slowly, letting her head nearly fall back on his shoulder, but he held her upright. He turned her around by her shoulder and tilted her head back. The collum of her neck was glowing under the water. Aspen's eyes lifted, at last, to meet Isaac's as the stream of water was rinsing out her hair. He kept a grip on the back of her neck, keeping her from falling.

"You look how I felt," he whispered, his throat tightening, "how I felt before I met you."

She blinked, her only sign that she heard him.

Isaac removed his hands from her hair and picked up her soap. The one she smelled like on most days. How he would seek her out at school. Honeysuckle.

She was naked, having somehow forgotten. He didn't let himself contemplate it as he began lathering her neck, her lean shoulder, and delicate arms. His fingers left warmth in their wake, and he could hear her breath steadying. A sigh escapes her lips.

Aspen watched him with raw openness. More intimate than touch. Any touch of his lips on her skin. Like she saw everything he was and had been and might become.

He scrubbed down her upper body, taking heed not to graze her breast or any uncomfortable area. Isaac towered over her, and he continued to wash her silently. Turned her around to get her back.

Then she felt the warmth of his lips on her wet shoulder. Then to the other. Then at the back of her neck.

Her silent cry made her body shake once. Isaac's hands ran up and down her arms. "You're not a monster Aspen." he assured in her ear, kissing the side of her temple. "you're strong and still standing. The people trying to hurt you--the kanima, Gerard, Derek. They want to see you fail, hoping you'll come running toward them. But you haven't because you can hold your own, and they hate that. It's the greatest fuck you you can ever give them, Veata. And I'm not leaving your side again because--" Isaac leaned his temple to the back of her head, breathing in her scent to ground him. Her fingers danced on the cool tile in front of her, biting her lip, and she shut her eyes. "because I need you, Aspen. You need me. You've learned to cry when no one is looking, and you taught me it's what makes you less of a monster. And more human. Your a human, Aspen, and we all screw up, there's no stopping that. I won't let you lose it again. And we'll figure this out together. Promise me that."

Aspen shut off the water. Only the dribbling of water into the drain filled the steamy bathroom. "I promise."

Isaac dried her off and wrapped a towel around her body and then his own. He kept a firm hand on the small of her back, leading her to her bedroom lit only by a salt lamp.

He opened her drawers and pulled out underwear, shorts, and a too-large t-shirt he thought would suffice. He stooped before her, eyes firmly on the ground as she stepped into her underwear and shorts. He lifted her arms and slid the shirt over her head with ease. Her hair was still damp, so he opted for a quick braid. He was a fast learner. Aspen still shivered in place, and he patted her shoulder before moving to her closet. He rummaged through her stuff before pausing at a familiar sweater. His sweater.

He smiled softly and pulled the crimson sweater off the hanger with a yank, and brought it to Aspen. She obliged with the choice and slipped into it with ease.

He pulled back the blanket on the bed that she dutifully made each morning. He patted the mattress, "Get some sleep, Aspen."

Aspen padded over toward the bed, sliding between the sheets with a soft groan. He shut off the bathroom light, dimming the bedroom. He returned to where she lay, still staring up at him. He sat next to her body and dared to stroke her damp hair away from her brow and traced a finger down her cheeks. Her eyes closed.

"I was so worried about you," he whispered, stroking her hair again. "I..." he couldn't finish the sentence. He went to stand up when her dainty hand wrapped around his wrist. Isaac looked back and found Aspen staring at him again.

His chest squeezed, and he listened.

Issac slid in next to her, and she was already curling up by his side. Her warmth calmed him as he slid a hand around her waist and pulled her closer. Their legs tangled under the sheets. She nuzzled her face in the nape of his neck and breathed him in. He stroked the length of her back until her breathing evened out and she was asleep. Bu Isaac stayed up, savoring every moment.

_____<•>_____

Okay so I thought I wrote another chapter but I actually wanted to add more so, this will have to do for now. But I should be more frequent now and not gone for another six months

and thank you so much for the love on the last two chapters! Its good to be back, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.2K 57
[BOOK 6] 10 YEARS LATER... Ten years ago, Aspen left Beacon Hills for good and never once looked back. The pack had mostly gone their separate ways o...
3.1K 173 17
IN WHICH Ariel Jocelyn Grimes finds herself in Beacon Hills to kill the one who killed her sister but got caught in the drama of her new friends. IN...
13K 441 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
219 22 14
Sophia Stilinski has had unexplainable powers since she was a kid. She never thought anything of it. That is, until her brother's best friend gets bi...