AQR3.2: An Agent from the Mod...

By wittywinty

Book Cover created by: @Cattyalita 032621-072821 Continuation of Yumi's journey in the ancient era. More

1: Half a Year Later 1
2: Half a Year Later 2
3: Half a Year Later 3
4: Half a Year Later 4
5: Half a Year Later 5
6: Invitations
7: Agreement 1
8: Agreement 2
9: Agreement 3
10: Parade 1
11: Parade 2
12: Gathering 1
13: Gathering 2
14: Great General's Birthday 1
15: Great General's Birthday 2
16: Request
17: Fastforward 1
18: Fastforward 2
19: M Capital 1
20: M Capital 2
21: Governor General
22: Introductions and Arrivals
23: Double Date
24: Deputy General's Woman
25: Guild Meeting 1
26: Guild Meeting 2
27: Lovely Night
28: Invited 1
29: Invited 2
30: Invited 3
31: Invited 4
32: Invited 5
33: Invited 6
34: Challenged 1
35: Challenged 2
36: Challenge 3
37: Challenge 4
38: Challenge 5
39: Challenge 6
40: Challenge 7
41: Ideas 1
42: Ideas 2
43: Ideas 3
44: Ideas 4
45: Big News 1
46: Big News 2
47: Little Celebrations 1
48: Little Celebrations 2
49: Flower Viewing Party 1
50: Flower Viewing Party 2 🎉
51: Flower Viewing Party 3
52: Stolen 1
53: Stolen 2
54: Stolen 3
55: Stolen 4
56: Stolen 5
57: Retribution 1
58: Retribution 2
59: Retribution 3
60: Retribution 4
61: Fateful Encounter 1
62: Fateful Encounter 2
63: The Wedding Day 1
64: The Wedding Day 2
65: The Wedding Day 3
66: Honeymoon 1
67: Honeymoon 2
68: Honeymoon 3
69: Honeymoon 4
70: After Honeymoon
71: Don Enrico 1
72: Don Enrico 2
73: Don Enrico 3
74: New Regency
75: Doña Silvanna
76: Forgotten Skills
77: Fall-Out
78: Returned
79: Gestation Period
81: Second Wife 1
82: Second Wife 2
83: New Life, New War 1
84: New Life, New War 2
85: New Life, New War 3
86: New Life, New War 4
87: Missing Enemies 1
88: Missing Enemies 2
89: Execution 1
90: Execution 2
91: Execution 3
92: Execution 4
93: Next Move
94: Months Later 1
95: Months Later 2
96: Months Later 3
97: Unwanted Visitors 1
98: Unwanted Visitors 2
99: Surprised 1
100: Surprised 2 🥳
101: Ganged-up
102: Cutthroat
103: Dilemma
104: Opening up 1
105: Opening up 2
106: Rebellion
107: Departure 1
108: Departure 2
109: Arrival
110: Retreat
111: Reinforcement
112: Parachute 1
113: Parachute 2
114: Safe Area
115: Tower of Death
116: Lifeless
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Epilogue 6
ANNOUNCEMENT
Side Story 1: Good Karma
Side Story 2: Silverlining
Side Story 3: The Chase
Side Story 4: Complex
Side Story 5: Intense Feelings
Side Story 6: The Cliff

80: Abdicated

2.5K 205 18
By wittywinty

"We do not have new information about Don Enrico but we receive news about Adarna Society. We thought you'd like to hear about it." Kami started telling her the next day.

The two suddenly came to visit her kahit pa nga wala naman silang meeting nagyong araw.

"What happened?"

"There is a change in management. Doctor Erasmus has been replaced." Rui said.

Yumi turned serious at once. "How is it possible? He is the founder of Adarna Society."

"According from the report, there was someone who called for his replacement as Head of the organization. Then more than half of the members and disciples had agreed to this someone."

"Who is this someone?"

"He is called Doctor Benedicto."

"Do we have any information about him?"

"Not yet. But I already told our people from L City to investigate everything about this man."

"Good. Inform me right away once the information arrives."

Yumi was in deep thought after that. She paid special interest to the Adarna Society not only because it was an organization of Doctors and because of its history with Amelia.

The real thing that made her give more attention to this organization was because of the adarna necklace. She still believed that it had a connection to her transmigration in this era.

She hadn't really gathered information about the necklace over the years. She just paid attention to the organization first. Kaya naman hindi maaaring may mangyari sa organization because she still needed it to exist.

Kami knew this too that's why when he heard about the huge change in the organization, he quickly let Yumi knew about it.

The two of them looked meaningfully at each other which didn't escape Rui at all.

The three of them had been working together for years now. So somehow he was aware na may tinatagong sikreto ang dalawang ito. He also knew about the special fixation of Yumi with the Adarna Society though she rejected to join it after Doctor Erasmus offered her a membership there.

He admitted he had been very curious about this secret of the two. But he never asked.

Somehow though, he had a hunch that whatever secret that was, he would be very surprised when he found out about it.

***

The next news na nabalitaan ni Yumi about Adarna Society was that the new head, Doctor Benedicto, had done some cleaning up to its members and disciples.

Those people who were very close to Doctor Erasmus and were still speaking about the injustice made to the founder were revoked.

Eto nga at bisita nila Amelia at Yumi sa kanilang Medical Hall ang dalawa sa mga natanggalan ng memberships.

Sila Gretel at Kristoff...

They'd just finished telling what had happened to the organization to both Amelia and Yumi.

"This is not good, is it?" Amelia asked them.

Their faces turned solemn as they could only nod as answer to Amelia's question.

The situation in Adarna Society wasn't really that good. They were members of the said organization but at the moment, they couldn't do anything about it.

So they decided to come here at the capital upang humingi ng tulong kanila Amelia at Yumi para makausap nila si Erika na kasalukuyang nasa loob ng army ng Great General.

Since she had one out of four important titles, they were hoping she could do something about the situation.

"Ninong, Ninang... Can you tell me more about this Doctor Benedicto?"

"He holds the title of Church Doctor. Everyone in the organization are aware na gusto niyang maging head nito that's why he used to contradict Doctor Erasmus a lot even back then." Gretel started.

"That's right. He was unpopular because of it. However, it doesn't mean na wala siyang mga tagasuporta sa loob ng organization." Kristoff added.

"What surprising though, when he suddenly call for a petition to remove Doctor Erasmus as the head of the organization, there were more than half of members and disciples who supported him. Even those who used to be close with Doctor Erasmus had suddenly taken his side. Iilan na lamang kaming nasa opposition and that didn't give us a favorable advantage kaya naman nangyari din ang gusto nilang mangyari. They finally made Doctor Erasmus abdicate his title as the Head of Adarna Society."

"Where is Doctor Erasmus now?" Amelia asked with concern for the old man.

That person took care of her noong nag-aaral pa lamang siya ng pagddoktor sa Colegio. And he did the same thing with Yumi back then.

Malaking utang na loob niya dito kaya naman so long as she could, she wanted to help the old man with his predicament.

"He remained in the organization. Doctor Benedicto gave him a chance to remain as normal member of the organization. You know that old man. He didn't care about titles at all. Kahit pa nga tinatawanan na siya ng mga tagasuporta ni Doctor Benedicto, he still remained there out of worry for the members and disciples of the organization. And naturally, he was worried of what would happen to the whole Adarna Society."

"Didn't he just recruited Mikael to the Adarna Society? What will happen to him? Tapos ay naalis pa kayong dalawa ni Ninang." Yumi questioned with a frown.

"Don't worry about Mikael. Doctor Erasmus is keeping his eyes at him. Isa pa, Doctor Benedicto also recognizes his talent in medicine. Last time I heard, he was trying to convince Mikael to lean towards their sides."

"Mikael is righteous. He will not take their sides unless he thinks they meant no harm at all."

The four of them looked at the new comer who intervened to their conversation.

"Mateo, susunduin mo na ba si Yumi? Maupo ka muna dito sandali." Aya ni Amelia sa bagong dating.

Agad naman itong naupo sa tabi ni Yumi.

"I am sorry for joining the conversation like that. I heard what you are talking about when I arrive and couldn't help intervening." Hinging paumanhin niya sa mga nakakatanda.

"We don't mind. I am sure as Deputy General you also heard about what happened to Adarna Society. We are really in tight spot now so sasamantalahin na din namin na naririto ka. Maaari mo ba kaming ipakiusap kay Erika?"

"Sure, Professor Gretel. I will arrange a meeting between you all tomorrow."

"Thank you, Mateo." Malaking tuwa at pasasalamat nila Gretel at Kristoff dito dahil sa agaran niyang pagsang-ayon.

"Mabuti na lamang at sinundo mo si Yumi. Mas napadali ang pakikipagkita namin kay Erika dahil sayo."

"Don't mention it. You are Yumi's Godparents. Naturally, I will help you without any scruples at all."

"Tch... Pati ba naman sa ninong at ninang ko ay kailangan mong sumipsip?"

"Of course, Little wife..."

***

"Are you that worried over Mikael?" Tanong ni Mateo kay Yumi ng lulan na silang dalawa ng karwahe pauwi sa kanilang tahanan.

"Of course. Narinig mo naman ang sinabi nila Ninang Gretel at Ninong Kristoff. The situation in Adarna Society isn't good at the moment."

"Mikael is a big lad already. What are you worrying about him?" Kunot noong sabi ni Mateo sa kanya.

"Mikael is my friend before he becomes my brother-in-law." She said then her expression slowly turned into grimace as she realized something. Then her hand reached on Mateo's frowning face and pinched both of his cheeks at once.

"Look at what you've done to me, Mateo." Sabay turo niya sa umbok niyang tiyan. "You made me like this and yet you still have a nerve to be jealous just because of my concern to your twin brother? Just how petty are you, eh?"

Hindi naman mapigilan na mapangiti ni Mateo doon.

It was true. He was really petty. He was jealous just by the fact that Yumi was over concern with Mikael. He only wanted her concern to himself.

But after she said that, he couldn't help being happy. It sounded to him as if she already accepted that it was only him who could be her husband.

If Yumi could realize his thought, baka nakutusan na niya ang lalaking ito.

Was she some kind of slutty woman na may asawa na ay papatol pa sa iba?

Anyway, he reached for her hand which was pinching his cheeks and kissed its back.

"Tch..." Yumi snorted at him after she saw his smiling face while kissing her back hand.

"Anyway, about that Doctor Benedicto... You've got to be careful from him." Mateo said seriously after he wrapped his arms to her shoulder.

"Why? What do you know about him?" She asked looking up to him.

"I have a hunch that he is connected to Don Enrico. But I am still investigating about it at the moment. Nothing is confirmed yet. But just tell your people to be careful while investigating that person."

"I understand."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 121 16
Blurb Nueva mundo Nueva tu, ang mundo na may kakaibang taglay na mga mahika, kapangyarihan at iba pang mga elemento na namumuhay rito. Ang mundong i...
126K 5.3K 53
Phenomenon happens in our life. We tend to be speechless when it happens to us. People who didn't see what you see anticipate it as a fragment of you...
Charlotte By 🌷Lucia

Historical Fiction

719K 35.8K 50
I reincarnated as the villainess inside the novel where the villainess is destined to die in order for the heroine to have a happy ending. It would...
218K 12.6K 46
Eloisa, a tomboy from the present has to travel in time to 19th century in order to save Marikit from the death caused by Maximilliano, a playboy hea...