Stop That Hacker! (2020)

By KatherineYork7

The Devil's den; a notorious hangout for high school seniors, computer geniuses and competitive gamers. And a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
FAMILY LAW
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Checking point
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
UPDATE
Update 2
Paperback version

Chapter 62

40.4K 2K 745
By KatherineYork7

Francy's p.o.v.

Sometime later Mom and Dad gave us some privacy and went upstairs. Fin had to leave around 2pm so he was long gone. There was no sign of Elric yet.

Downstairs the house was quiet. Peaceful...the daylight was almost out and there was a shadow falling in certain parts of the house.

Remi was getting ready to leave, well that was hours ago. She had made that declaration right after Fin left and ended up staying for a few more hours.

Kai and her sat on the couch, chatting to each other and whispering. They were glued to one another and would not separate. Yet they fidgeted and jumped out of their skin every time someone would enter the room.

You'd think they were the ones hiding their relationship.

We thought it would be a good idea to leave them alone completely and decided to camp out in the kitchen. We brought blankets, snacks and made hot coffee.

Rehan, Ace and I sat on the bar chairs in the kitchen in a circle, drinking our coffee in silence.

At this point we didn't know how long we would be stuck there.

I started peeling a tangerine and popped one in my mouth. It was a sour and sweet one. The perfect balance.

"I can't believe Kai confessed to Remi." Ace shook his head and took a tangerine to peel as well. "I never thought I would live a day to see it happening."

"I'm more surprised about Lucy and Francy." Rehan glanced at me and took part of the peeled tangerine from Ace. "She got Lucy as a boyfriend faster than you managed to befriend him."

I swallowed the little tangerine piece with heaviness. "Okay now considering that, I have something to confess."

They both perked up to hear the story. I decided to tell them the truth.

Skipping the part about Momo I told them I met Elric in a cafe and how things progressed from there without knowing he was Lucy. And how when we found out each other's identities we broke up.

"So you broke up because of me?" Ace said insulted. "Why did you do that?"

"Because we both care about you. And Elric said you're his closest friend and he couldn't do that to you. We didn't know how you would react."

"He said that?" Ace asked, confused.

"Listen, brother." I looked at him. "He definitely seems way more approachable now than he did when I first met him and I think it has to do with you being his friend."

Ace sunk in his chair. He seemed too impressed to say anything.

"I know we made fun of you, but I think what you did demands respect and you really have a great friendship, Ace. You made him open up, have fun, socialize more and in return I don't see you going to drink or party as much. We see you home more and you even got better at school. That's why I didn't want to disrespect you know how much you wanted him as a friend. So we decided it was for the best to break up."

Ace was speechless.

Suddenly Rehan slapped his hand on the counter, breaking the moment. "I just remembered. At dinner that time, when he said he had a girl he likes and had to break up with her he was talking about you."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And when you ran out that night it was because we started that subject.." Ace shook his head.

I sighed. " But then you kept bringing him around and now I know why, but then it was hard to get over him and I ended up cracking under pressure so I made a move on him."

Rehan gasped. "You did the first move?"

"No way. " Ace took a sip from his coffee.

"I'm serious. I told him I love you first. So we started dating again. We were wondering for sometime now how to tell you." I explained.

"I'm touched you suffered for me, but why would you think I'd disapprove of someone you like? Especially if it's someone I consider my best friend. Would you disapprove of Remi and Kai?"

"No." I sighed.

Ace got up and hugged me. "You can be so stupid sometimes."

"I know I can be stupid sometimes." I hugged him back.

He pulled away. "Very stupid. Incredibly stup.."

I shoved a tangerine in his mouth. Okay. I got it.

"Kai almost caught me a few times," I told them.

Ace sat back down and brought up Rehan's blanket that was dragging on the ground, helping him wrap the blanket better.

"Thanks." Rehan cuddled the blanket closer. "I'm surprised Kai didn't figure it out."

I shook my head. "I was worried at first, but let's be real. He thought none of us knew he liked Remi and he couldn't tell Remi liked him back. When it comes to romance he is clueless."

"True." Rehan nodded.

There was a silence between us again. We ate tangerines in peace.

Kai suddenly entered the kitchen bringing back empty mugs of coffee and carried them to the sink.

"Remi just left." He told us.

"Without saying goodbye?" I asked.

He placed the mugs down in the sink and joined our circle. "Her mom called and said they're outside waiting to pick her up. If she doesn't show up in ten seconds she's not getting presents."

"Got it." I smiled and threw a tangerine for him to catch. "So how is the new dating life? Did a lot of kissing?"

He lifted the tangerine ready to throw it at me.

I burst out laughing.

"Sorry. I just had to."

"Your boyfriend is not back yet?" Kai tried to tease me.

"Ha! He said he'll be here later." I pulled my tongue out.

"Okay. Enough talking." Ace jumped from the bar chair. "Let's go open up some presents."

And like that our little bonding time was over.

***

Lucy's p.o.v

I rang the doorbell of the house with my elbow, trying not to have any of the presents slip out of my grip. My heart was beating out of my chest. This was it. The moment of truth.

I heard someone approaching the door and it opened. I brought my hands down because I couldn't see anything from the gifts. Mom had opened the door.

"Elric." She gasped. "Oh It's Elric." She yelled and pulled me inside so hard I thought I would trip.

"Merry Christmas," I told her. She started kissing my face and hugging me. The presents almost slipped again so I placed them down so I could hug her back.

Mom still smelled the same and her hug was warm as always.

As I looked down I could see dad's slippers approaching. I looked up at him and he was standing there with the mean look on his face, a bit unsure what to do.

I straightened up and put out my hand. "Merry Christmas."

He put his hand out and shook my hand. "Merry Christmas."

"You must be starving. And freezing too." Mom tugged my sleeve. "Let me take your coat."

I took off my coat and then took the presents from the ground. "These are for you and also there is some food."

"You didn't have to buy anything. Come in."

We all awkwardly came into the living room.

The huge house didn't have one single decoration other than a small Christmas tree in the corner. It seemed store-bought and pre-decorated. There wasn't one shred of personality in it.

The house seemed emptier than I remembered.

I sat on the leather couch and dad sat on his armchair quietly. Mom was quick to bring out stuff on the table and then passed me a mug with hot tea.

"Thank you," I said taking the mug and having a sip.

"I'm glad you visited us. Why didn't you call?" Mom asked.

"I wanted to surprise you." I lied not wanting to hurt her feelings. She was so happy to see her only child back home. I knew this fight with dad was hurting her the most, but I just didn't know what to do until now.

"How is school?" She asked.

"It's great. I'll graduate without a problem." I told her and I heard dad scoff.

I bit my tongue. Don't say anything. Just don't say anything.

"You think that high school degree will get you far without university?" He added.

"Don't start fighting," Mom begged him.

I twisted the bracelet around my wrist. I calmed down and spoke. " I decided to go to university."

That shut him up immediately.

Indeed when I left the house I swore I wouldn't go to university because I simply didn't need it with my talent. That was the plan. Until Ace had casually told me he made plans of how we can keep the business running while we're at university. I had never considered that option. Running a business was hard enough and studying as an addition to it sounded impossible. But there was something so alluring about going to university with him and making plans for the business together. I didn't feel like I had to keep pushing myself to the limits to prove something.

The doubts I had about everything that I kept burring down were gone the moment I had someone watching my back.

Suddenly university didn't seem like a bad idea.

"So you're dropping what you're doing and going to university?" Dad asked.

"I'm not dropping anything. I'll do both my work and university." I answered confidently.

"What? Dad leaned over. "That's insane. You can't focus on both."

"I can and I will. That's what I decided."

"Just when I thought you had come to your senses," Dad murmured and leaned back into his chair disappointed.

"Why do you keep saying that to him?" Mom complained.

"Because this gaming thing has no future. He has such talents yet he keeps wasting them with computer games and whatnot."

I pulled out my phone and typed something. Dad's notification bell rang.

"Open it. It's from me." I told him.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone checking his notifications. "What's this email?"

"I got accepted into the game development championship," I told him. "It's just one of many opportunities out there for people like me. If we do win the competition, not only do we get world recognition there will be doors opening for us to other bigger gaming studios. That means we can become legit game developers. Later on, we plan on starting a company. I could be a millionaire by the time I'm 25."

Dad straightened up his back staring at his phone. "And this is the real deal?"

I pointed at it. "One of many opportunities"

"And you're still going to university?" He asked.

"Yes. I want to be taken seriously and I think a university degree will do that for me. I already started studying for the entrance exam."

I glanced at mom. She was already having a proud moment before I even got in. "That's amazing. Where do you plan on going?"

"The University of Computer Science & Engineering. I'll be focusing on software engineering."

"That is certainly good news." Mom said.

Dad seemed to be quiet. He seemed to be in deep thought. "What about those thugs you keep bringing to your place?"

"Already taken care of. It's just me and my team now." I said remembering the kid who broke into my house. He had already sent me and done everything I needed and all it was left was for the police to take care of everything.

Dad nodded his head.

He was taking this pretty well. I couldn't believe that this crazy father of mine who kicked me out of the house was actually listening to what I had to say.

Dad suddenly cleared his throat. "You seemed to have developed a very good plan, but running a business and being a programmer are two different things."

"Yes I know." I smiled. "That's why my friend is going to take business and marketing classes. He is going to the same university as me."

"That's why you keep saying we we.." Dad brought up his phone and scrolled down the email. "Let's see..This Ace..Walser. Walser?"

I was shocked to see the reaction on his face. I turned towards mom and she seemed perplexed too.

"Ah." She clapped her hands. "The Walser couple."

Now I was confused.

"Is he the son of Alben and Trine?" Dad asked.

I glitched for a second. "Yes, that's um.. his father and mother."

Dad suddenly burst laughing. "What a small world."

"You know them?" I asked.

"We met them at a fundraising party. They're famous as the humanitarian doctor couple. They used to be doctors without borders."

"Yes." Mom nodded. "I think they work at the Ann Rosenberg hospital now. Nice people."

"So you're friends with their son too?" He asked.

"Yes. He's my best friend."

As the words left my mouth I couldn't believe I said it. I kind of wanted to cringe but those were facts. He was my best and only friend. And I doubt I would have made it this far without him.

"And his parents know what you two are doing?" He asked.

Did he just ask me the most parental thing you can ask?

"They know and they fully support it."

Dad let out a long sigh. "I see. Well since you're both over 18 I doubt I can change your minds. I know when I was that age it was difficult to tell me anything."

I'll be damned. Was this really happening?

"And you'll move back home?" He suddenly asked.

"I'm preparing for the last exams at school and the entry exams for university, so I do need the space and quiet to study," I said.

Great. Now he will use this as an opportunity to complain again.

"Well that might not be a bad idea after all," Dad said and leaned over the table to pick up his tea mug. "Let me know if you need help covering the bills."

...

Did I just hear...was he.. what was in this goddamn tea?

I looked at mom. She casually picked up her mug and took a sip. She seemed to love what just happened. A smile was plastered on her face.

No fight? No complaints about me living alone?

I lifted up my mug. Guess the world is ending tomorrow.

***

When I left their house daylight had already drained away. I looked up at the dark sky and took a deep breath of fresh air. It smelled like snow.

The wind was prickly and the weather was so cold I could feel it to my bones through all the clothing I wore. The clouds were threatening to rain heavy snow once again.

Yet my heart was burning in a warm flame.

I can't believe how well that went. The cold had kept my head clear. Everything went smoothly. The rest of the conversation was a normal chat. We even had lunch and then dessert and not once did the issue come up again.

And then just before I got up to leave he stopped me at the door and said those words I never thought I would hear.

"Elric wait.." He cleared his throat. "I know that part of the reason you were angry was about your cat. I'm sorry I let him out and that got him into an accident."

I had no words to say to that. I nodded my head and then went out. The truth was I couldn't forgive him for it, but I didn't want to bring it up either.

I was too tired to argue. The party, the stress of almost getting caught, the reveal that I'm dating Francy, the anxiety of showing up at my parent's doorsteps, and the lack of sleep were starting to take their toll.

All I wanted was to sleep and not think about anything. I looked at the time. It was already late as it was to visit Francy.

I got in my car and drove home. I'll just call her when I get home.

***

Francy's p.o.v.

It was 9 p.m. Why hasn't he called?

My headache was huge. It was probably from all the overthinking that I had been doing for the last hour and a half.

I mean.. I had no worry when he left.

I had been worry less even at dinner time.

The worry was not present even when everyone went to their rooms to chill after the crazy day we all had.

I was worry-free even when I snuggled with my cats and facetime Remi to give me all the details I had missed about how she and Kai got together.

But the moment I had dropped everything and looked at my fully charged, great service, well-functioning phone and there was no call- that's when I was officially worried.

He didn't show up. He didn't text and most importantly he didn't call. If this was any other day I wouldn't have even thought about it and disregard it as being busy.

But when I think of what might have happened...Did his father kick him out again? Did he get into a fight? What were all the ways this could have gone wrong? Did they hate the presents? Should we have not sent presents after all?

Maybe they locked him up and took his phone away. What if he was somewhere all alone and couldn't call me because he didn't want to tell me it didn't go as planned?

What if he is angry at me and DID NOT want to call me?

I wooshed the blanket away and slid my slippers on. As I passed through the living room I grabbed the car keys and went to Ace's room.

I knocked three times and when I heard come in I slammed the door open.

"Jesus Francy! You're going to yank off the door." Ace took down his headphones and put the remote control away. He was mid-gaming WORRY FREE.

But it's not his fault. He didn't know.

I threw him the car keys and he caught them.

"Are we going somewhere?" He asked

"I need you to be a best friend and go see Lucy."

"Why?" Ace asked.

"Because..because he's not picking up."

Ace just chuckled and put his headphones back on.

"I'm being serious." I walked over and sat on his bed "I'm worried."

He took off his headphones again and sighed. "He is probably just lazy or forgot to call. It happens with boyfriends. You have to learn."

I bit the inside of my cheek trying not to get pissed off. "I know that happens...my worry is that he went to see his parents."

"So?"

"Well don't you wonder why Lucy lives alone?"

"Cause he wants to?" Ace answered.

I sighed. "I don't want to tell you all the details because he told me things in private but as his friend, you should know at least certain things."

"Okay." Ace was now serious.

"So.." I started. "Lucy's dad kicked him out because he didn't like his ambition of becoming a game developer. So Lucy had to pay all the bills alone, work and study at the same time and the reason why he was so cold has to do with the consequences of his father's actions." - I was thinking about poor Sahara and how Elric couldn't keep a cat now because of it. -"I think that's why Lucy gets so defensive and I'm mostly worried that things didn't go as planned with his parents and he is either mad at me or doesn't want to call me. Mostly because I gave him the idea to do this for Christmas."

Ace crossed his arms. "I see. So things are really serious."

"Yes." I nodded.

"Did you try calling him?" He asked.

"No. I only sent one text thirty minutes ago and there was no reply. As I said, I feel so guilty that something went wrong that I'm too scared to call. Call him. If he picks up and nothing is wrong then I'll drop this."

Ace took his phone and dialed. There was no answer. He dialed again. Nothing.

He got up, took the keys, and went to put on his socks.

"You're gonna go see him?" I asked.

"Yes. Want to come along?" He asked.

"I want to but I'm not."

"Why?" He walked over.

"Because I hate to say it, this is something a best friend can fix. Not a girlfriend. He probably needs a guy to talk to more than me."

"And you're fine with this?" Ace asked.

"Of course. There are certain things I can only talk to Remi about. Isn't it the same with you guys?"

"True." Ace ruffled my hair. "You're so understanding. Guess you're not so clueless after all."

I smiled. "I know. He's so lucky."

"Yes, he is."

"So what are you going to do when you see him?" I asked.

"I'm going to do what I always do for my siblings." Ace shrugged.

It didn't take me too long to realize what that meant. I smiled. "Brother... my sweet smart handsome brother...please.."

"Okay. I'll get you one too." He winked and left.

Lucy's p.o.v

The freaking banging on the door didn't stop. I'm going to kill whoever woke me up.

I pulled the covers away and an instant chill covered my body. Oh, fuck it was so cold. I grabbed my hoodie, put it on, and dragged myself lazily downstairs to open the door.

Whoever it was better brace themselves.

I opened the door with the most murderous look.

"Yo."

Ace?

He was standing at the door and took a good look at me before sighing.

"I guess she was right. "

"Don't you have keys?" I asked annoyed.

"I forgot them in a hurry. Come on. Get your coat and boots on and follow me."

"What?" I asked, annoyed. "Where are we going in this weather?"I peeked outside. "I'm not in the mood Ace."

"I don't care. Come on. I'll wait in the car."

With that, he went down the stairs and went back into his car.

I dragged my feet to get the boots and coat. I was still groggy from sleeping and I swear Ace better have a good reason for this.

I got into the car and we drove to a burger place five minutes away. He parked in the parking lot and told me to wait there.

After three minutes I thought I was going to fall asleep in the car so I got outside to get some fresh air.

Ace came back with a tray of milkshakes and gave me one. He put the rest in the car and stayed with me outside.

I took a sip of the milkshake. DAMN, this was good. I've never had a better milkshake in my life.

But what the hell was this all about? Did he change his mind about me and Francy? Is that why he wanted to talk?

"I told you I'm adopted right?" Ace started.

Oh shit.. This was forward.

"Um yeah..."

"Look, man. I know it's not easy with parents sometimes. I went through tons of shit to get to where I am with my parents right now. No one knows what it's like to be the oldest kid. The first kid. To have to take care of everyone. To make sure everyone is alright and not having troubles at school. To meet my parent's expectations and all throughout fix my own problems. "

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I slurped from the milkshake. This was getting serious. Is this how Francy felt when I took her for hot chocolate to have a serious conversation and then we broke up. Wait, was Ace going to break off this friendship because of something? Nah that can't be right..

"But I also know that good communication can fix everything." He added. "And I trust you man."

"Yeah, I trust you too."

"So you can tell me anything." He said. "I'll understand."

"Um..okay."

Ace stared at me in silence. Was I supposed to say something?

"Is this about me dating Francy?" I asked.

He shook his head confused. "No. I'm talking about your parents. Francy tried not to reveal too much but she told me that you and your old man have bad blood. So no matter what happened today I'm here for you."

I took a second. "Um and you think it went bad?"

He stood there, a legendary confused look on his face. "Well yeah.. You didn't call or text Francy. I tried calling three times but you didn't pick up so we assumed it went horribly wrong. Francy thinks you're mad at her." As he kept staring at me he tried to read me. "Did it not go horribly wrong and we are so so off?"

I pressed my lips together trying not to laugh.

"Did I just buy you a really expensive milkshake and tell you a sob story for nothing?"

He was appalled. I've never seen him angry like this.

"I'm going to kill that Francy." He said pissed off.

I burst out laughing.

"Oh you think this is funny?"

"Yeah." I covered my stomach laughing and tried not to spill the milkshake. "Oh god."

Ace just stood there annoyed.

I placed the milkshake on top of the car. "Look. I was too tired and dying to sleep so I turned off the sound on my phone. I was gonna call Francy when I got home, but I kind of forgot and went straight to sleep. I'm sorry that I caused this whole inconvenience. This isn't Francy's fault. It's on me. She was probably just worried because it's not like every day I get to talk to the man who threw me out."

Ace finally took off that angry grimace. "So it's true? He really threw you out?"

I looked down at my boots. Guess there was no running away from this conversation "He did. I mean I can't say I didn't bring trouble home and was blameless, but he also crossed some lines and we fought. So his logical step was to throw me out. Along with nothing." - i cleared my throat " He thought I'd be back for dinner to beg and remain under this control.. but I didn't. And the riff began from there."

"But where did you go? I guess friends.." Ace assumed.

"I had no friends. The ex friends..ah yeah sure let's call them that, made sure I had no other friends but them and when they were out of my life I was alone. So I slept on the streets. Alleys to be precise."

"Alleys? My god. Lucy." Ace gave me a pathetic glance.

"Yeah, this is why I didn't tell you. Don't make that face man, I'm.. I'm no longer homeless."

"But that doesn't change the fact that you once were. Even if it was a short period of time."

I couldn't say anything to that.

"How did you pick yourself up?" Ace came over and leaned on the car next to me.

I sighed. "My hacker skills. I figured that worked for the school system so I can scam some people out of their money.  And being on the streets for few days you only think of how to survive. That led me to some bad people and I got my first money, hacking. So was the second job. So was the third one."

"So you were doing criminal stuff even though you didn't get arrested?" Ace asked seriously.

Right. Of course, that is going to change stuff.

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't tell you, man. " I sighed. "If you want to walk out of this whole deal and friendship. I get it. No hard feelings."

Ace gave me a disapproving glance. "Wow, you really chicken out quickly, don't you. You tell me one shitty part of your life and assume I'm going to walk. Actually, it sounds like you want me too."

I scowled. "That's not what I meant."

Ace scoffed. "I bet you didn't tell Francy this part either. Thinking she's going to leave you."

I wanted to punch him.

But didn't mean he wasn't right.

"I'm not proud of what I did," I told him ." I couldn't tell her.uh.. I told her I'm not a hacker, cause I'm not now but... but I was one. One that earned me the reputation. But I don't want her to know. "

He shook his head. "Francy is not stupid. She probably figured you didn't tell her the whole thing. That's why she sent me instead of talking to you herself." He smiled. "Friends.. huh.."

"Hm?" I looked at him confused.

"I haven't been homeless and my parents haven't kicked me out.  But does that make me unqualified to be your friend? To understand you?"

"I.."

He continued. "I had a stroke of really good luck getting this home and this parents, but I don't live in a bubble.I know there are shitty things happening out there to good people and knowing you, you just had a shitty start. That's it. You didn't remain a hacker. You got yourself together, you found a way to live a better life. You're focused, you're driven, you're smart. That is the quality I wanted in a friend."

I shifted the weight on one leg to the other awkwardly. Damn..

"So how did you get out of the hacker life?" Ace asked changing the subject.

"Once I got enough money I rented a small place and started to work as a game tester. I was good at it so I got more and more money. Eventually, I came up with a plan and rented a whole house to start the whole devil's den business."

I paused.  "Today I didn't know how the talk with my parents was going to go. I didn't have any expectations nor did I knew what I was going to say."

"But.." Ace waited.

"But I couldn't let it sit unresolved like that. We have the world championship starting in a few weeks and we have plans that require full concentration. I had guys coming to steal data, my dad on my neck for what I wanted to do, I was worried about you hating the fact that I'm in love with your sister and it was driving me insane. It felt like I didn't have my life in order at all." I smiled. "So I had to fix things. I went there with the flow. Decided whatever they said I won't get angry. And somehow I managed to explain to my dad about my future and he accepted it. The fight is over."

"Really?"

"I hope so." I sighed. "I mean on my side I'm still angry about some things, but I just can't think about them anymore. I have other priorities."

"That's good then. We also fixed the theft problem and the police handled things."

"They did?" That was the first time I heard anything.

Ace grinned. " Oops. I forgot to tell you. They called me a few days before the party but everything was so crazy I didn't have the chance to tell you that they arrested that ex-friend of yours with the details we gathered from his guys. They have enough evidence to prosecute him."

"Yeah about that ex-friend thing.." I awkwardly laughed. Now that everything was out.."That was a lie.. He was um.. he was a guy that used to bully me."

"Wait what?" Ace was shocked. "Someone bullied you? Lucy?"

"Yeah, but it didn't end well for them didn't it," I said.

"No, it didn't." Ace laughed. "Damn. I'm glad I didn't make an enemy out of you."

"So am I." I cleared my throat. " I'm glad that we um. that you um..we're friends.."

"Huh?"

"I'm glad that we're good friends," I murmured.

"Sorry I didn't get that. Glad what?"

I raised my voice "I said I'm glad that we are..." I turned towards him and he was laughing.

I raised my fist. "You have a death wish or something?"

"No no." He waved his hands and took few steps back. "I just couldn't believe you said you were so glad to have me as your friend. Your absolute phenomenal friend. The friend you open up to..."

He crossed the line. I ran after him ready to hit him.

He ran away laughing. "You started it, man."

I tried to catch up to him but I was too tired. Oh fuck, it was too cold to run. I got back to the car to get my milkshake. Eventually Ace walked back too.

"Right um.." Ace was starting to feel awkward and so was I.  I was thankful for everything so I closed the subject.

"Let's go to your house. I have to reassure Francy everything is okay." I told him.

"Get in." He smiled. " I'll get you there in one piece but after that, you're on your own."

Hm. I wonder what he meant by that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492 2 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
342K 24K 56
The devil's den, most feared hacker and his best friend have one plan. Build an empire in the gaming industry, after winning the Game development wor...
876K 37.8K 48
Katherine Solace has been hurt, toyed with, lied to, and completely heartbroken by her first love. And what does she do about it, instead of crying o...
68.5K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...