AQR3.2: An Agent from the Mod...

By wittywinty

Book Cover created by: @Cattyalita 032621-072821 Continuation of Yumi's journey in the ancient era. More

1: Half a Year Later 1
2: Half a Year Later 2
3: Half a Year Later 3
4: Half a Year Later 4
5: Half a Year Later 5
6: Invitations
7: Agreement 1
8: Agreement 2
9: Agreement 3
10: Parade 1
11: Parade 2
12: Gathering 1
13: Gathering 2
14: Great General's Birthday 1
15: Great General's Birthday 2
16: Request
17: Fastforward 1
18: Fastforward 2
19: M Capital 1
20: M Capital 2
21: Governor General
22: Introductions and Arrivals
23: Double Date
24: Deputy General's Woman
25: Guild Meeting 1
26: Guild Meeting 2
27: Lovely Night
28: Invited 1
29: Invited 2
30: Invited 3
31: Invited 4
32: Invited 5
33: Invited 6
34: Challenged 1
35: Challenged 2
36: Challenge 3
37: Challenge 4
38: Challenge 5
39: Challenge 6
40: Challenge 7
41: Ideas 1
42: Ideas 2
43: Ideas 3
44: Ideas 4
45: Big News 1
46: Big News 2
47: Little Celebrations 1
48: Little Celebrations 2
49: Flower Viewing Party 1
50: Flower Viewing Party 2 🎉
51: Flower Viewing Party 3
52: Stolen 1
53: Stolen 2
54: Stolen 3
55: Stolen 4
56: Stolen 5
57: Retribution 1
58: Retribution 2
59: Retribution 3
60: Retribution 4
61: Fateful Encounter 1
62: Fateful Encounter 2
63: The Wedding Day 1
64: The Wedding Day 2
65: The Wedding Day 3
66: Honeymoon 1
67: Honeymoon 2
68: Honeymoon 3
69: Honeymoon 4
70: After Honeymoon
71: Don Enrico 1
72: Don Enrico 2
73: Don Enrico 3
74: New Regency
75: Doña Silvanna
76: Forgotten Skills
77: Fall-Out
79: Gestation Period
80: Abdicated
81: Second Wife 1
82: Second Wife 2
83: New Life, New War 1
84: New Life, New War 2
85: New Life, New War 3
86: New Life, New War 4
87: Missing Enemies 1
88: Missing Enemies 2
89: Execution 1
90: Execution 2
91: Execution 3
92: Execution 4
93: Next Move
94: Months Later 1
95: Months Later 2
96: Months Later 3
97: Unwanted Visitors 1
98: Unwanted Visitors 2
99: Surprised 1
100: Surprised 2 🥳
101: Ganged-up
102: Cutthroat
103: Dilemma
104: Opening up 1
105: Opening up 2
106: Rebellion
107: Departure 1
108: Departure 2
109: Arrival
110: Retreat
111: Reinforcement
112: Parachute 1
113: Parachute 2
114: Safe Area
115: Tower of Death
116: Lifeless
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Epilogue 6
ANNOUNCEMENT
Side Story 1: Good Karma
Side Story 2: Silverlining
Side Story 3: The Chase
Side Story 4: Complex
Side Story 5: Intense Feelings
Side Story 6: The Cliff

78: Returned

2.8K 244 12
By wittywinty

Days later...

Kami, Rui and Xun Bao had waited for Yumi for her plans.

At that time in the garden when Xun Bao reached her, he only told her, "Boss, that one with Don. He was the one who injured me during the attack to that secret base."

Yumi naturally understood right away.

At the same time, she felt like a great doom had befallen on her... on them.

It turned out those secret bases weren't owned by Sancho but by Don Enrico.

This changed everything for sure.

What's more, it seemed like hindi lang si Xun Bao ang nakakilala sa Main Guard ni Don Enrico but the latter seemed to recognized Xun Bao too.

If that circumstance wasn't enough to give anxiety to everyone, then Kami, Rui and Xun Bao didn't know what to feel anymore.

Other than anxiety though, Yumi had also felt something else.

Truly shocked...

Disappointment...

Regret...

Betrayed...

She only felt the last one after she realized na kaya nila natagpuan ang mga secret bases na ito ay dahil doon natrace ni Mateo si Don Luis.

It was enough to make Yumi think that years ago in L City, Don Enrico gave her permission to take care of the lives of the Santiagos, at the same time, he also took Don Luis away from her grasps.

He betrayed her back then and she had been in the shadows all of these years.

She never handled betrayal that well before. That hadn't change about her at all. So after she found about this "big news", she needed time to think things thoroughly.

She had been refusing to talk about it for some days now, but today, Yumi called the three of them specifically for it.

Since things had already come to this, then she could only consider this as the point of no return between her and Don Enrico.

He took away Don Luis.

He owned the secret bases.

He was mass creating the Killer Pill.

Naturally, he intended to build a Puppet Army too.

That was all Yumi had to think about. That was all she had to consider before finally deciding to put herself against Don Enrico.

***

Yumi, Kami, Rui and the leaders of S Rank teams had been busy getting information these past few days.

She deployed several people to investigate as much as they could about the transactions and dealings of Don Enrico these past years. She also had someone find out kung saan ito nagpunta ngayon.

They needed to gather as much information as they could and find out about the real situation before Yumi made a move.

She believed na may mga tao pang tumutulong pa sa don maliban sa mga alliance members na kilala niya.

These people might be the one working the secret bases on behalf of him.

Anyway, that day, halos maghahating gabi na ay nagmimeeting pa din sila Yumi tungkol kay Don Enrico. She was with Kami and Rui at that time. As for the the team leaders, they were not there since they were already working for their respective missions.

As for the other people in the house, Malia and Muna had long been asleep. Kaya sila na lamang ang gising. They were still far from sleeping though.

However, naputol ang pagpupulong nila ng biglang magbukas ang pinto ng study room at bumungad mula doon si Mateo.

Everyone fell silent while he remained standing on the doorway. It was only his eyes which started to scan around to look for specific person.

Then it landed on the lone lady in the room who was sitting on the head of the meeting table. She also ended up looking back at Mateo and it was like everyone had disappeared except from the two of them.

Kami suddenly coughed.

"Oh well, I guess the meeting is adjourned now. Let us just resume tomorrow."

Doon naman natauhan si Yumi and stopped looking back at the lad on the doorway.

She frowned at Kami who suddenly announced the end of meeting.

"Kami..." She was about to scold him but the lad walked near and leaned on her side.

Then he whispered meaningfully to her, "Are you going to let us bear that thick sexual tension between you and your husband? Come on, Yumi, we understand na matagal kayong hindi nagkita. It's okay. You two can do some catching up tonight. We will just resume tomorrow."

When Yumi looked at him, she saw that sneer on his face which quickly annoyed her.

"What the heck are you talking about?"

Kami laughed silently. "Yumi, I have known you for two lifetimes already but you have never given off this kind of tension even when with Sancho back then. This is clearly you missing your husband so much."

"Don't talk nonsense."

Yumi almost punched Kami but he had moved away from her before she could do so. Then he just chuckled at her.

"Enough. As Kami said, let us just continue tomorrow. We are also tired too." Rui said atsaka tumayo na din.

Then he began walking out of room leaving her no room to say otherwise at all. Kami, on the other hand, followed Rui but managed to salute at her before finally reaching the door.

She was left there feeling completely annoyed. She ended up throwing a glare towards Mateo who started approaching her.

"Little wife... I miss you." He said as he finally stopped in front of her.

Yumi continued glaring at him. "We were talking about important matters."

"I know. But it can wait until tomorrow." He said before pulling her towards him and wrapping her waist using his one hand. "In fact, everything can wait tomorrow... except for the two of us." He added while whispering seductively on her ear.

Yumi shivered as she felt his warm breath on her ear. She wanted to push him away from her but before she could do so, he already leaned down to her lips and conquered it completely.

***

Yumi was trying to catch her breath as she properly laid on the bed.

Damn, Mateo!

Was he that hungry to ravage her like that several times?

Mag-uumaga na naman at hindi pa rin siya pinatutulog nito.

She was silently cursing Mateo in her head when the lad came out from the bathroom holding a tub of water and a towel.

After that, he approached her and started wiping her clean. From her face, body and to his mess down there.

Afterwards, he kissed her forehead and said, "You can sleep now."

"Wow, thanks ha." Yumi said sarcastically which only made Mateo chuckled.

Since naginahawaan na din siya after siyang punasan ni Mateo, she was expecting na makakatulog na din siya. But she remained awake.

Meanwhile, Mateo had already showered and stood in front of the cabinet to get a change.

Obviously, he had a morning appointment.

"They are new." Yumi was thinking aloud.

Mateo looked at her and saw the frown on her face.

"What?" He asked.

Yumi sat on the bed, not forgetting to wrap her chest with the blanket. Then she waved her hand to Mateo asking him to approach her.

He did what she asked and sat on the bed beside her.

Her available hand, however, began to point of some of the scars on his body.

To his surprise, all those she pointed out were his newly healed scars he got from this recent mission.

She was currently checking his back for more new scars but he stopped her by taking her hand and kissing its back.

"I didn't know you are tracking my scars. Are you that concern of me, Little wife?" Mateo's eyes had glint on them as he asked Yumi teasingly.

She slapped his hand away. Her expression was serious.

Naturally, this wasn't the first time she saw him naked and saw scars on his body. She didn't pay attention to them at first since in her mind, it was only normal for a military man like him to have them on his body.

In her past life, her own body was ridden with scars too.

Those were proofs of her hard trainings and missions.

But as they got high level skills, they shouldn't be receiving wounds for missions like that anymore. Most especially in this era. Kaya naman she couldn't help frowning upon seeing new scars in Mateo's body just after he came back from his recent mission.

"I am surprise to see you having new scars. Did I just overestimate your skill and in actuality, you are but just a mere weakling?"

Mateo chuckled. "I truly am skilled, Little wife. You know that very well. However, I cannot say the same thing about the people around me. For example, your father."

Lalong kumunot ang noo ni Yumi. "Are you saying that my Great General father is not strong enough?"

He shrugged before saying truthfully. "At least not strong enough to our level."

Yumi was silent.

Well, that was actually true.

If the people in this era could be on par with them, then was it already the end of the world?

"Did you save him that's why you've got these new scars? Are you some kind of hero now?"

Mateo chuckled. "No need to thank me. As your husband, I, of course, am willing to stand in front of your father if I need to because I know he is important to you."

"Tch. I never ask you to do so."

"I will still do it, no matter. Whoever important to you will be important for me too."

She was left with nothing to retort to that. So she just rolled her eyes at him bago nahiga nang mula sa kama and pretended to sleep.

But in truth, Mateo's words replayed in her mind.

"...Whoever important for you will be important for me too."

Tch! What a glib mouthed man...

She snorted to herself but unconsciously a warm feeling enveloped her heart.

***

Mateo clenched his jaw as soon as he heard the report of Antoine about what had happened to Yumi these past months that he was away.

He just came from the Governor General mansion doing the reporting on behalf of the Great General. Even back then, they already heard the news about Nero's promotion as the Country Regent. Kaya naman hindi na siya nagulat ng ito ang humarap sa kanya.

The lad tried to act smugly in front of him but Mateo completely ignored him and after he reported, he quickly left.

Then he went directly to the barracks to hear Antoine's report.

That's when he realized that his little wife had suffered these past few months that he was away. And it was because of a certain person.

Don Enrico...

Who would have thought he was doing such things behind all of them?

What's more, he even dared to suggest for his little wife to seduce Nero.

Yumi was his reverse scale.

He could ignore the other things but for him to think of using her like that, he wouldn't be as forgiving as Yumi for even just a mere of thought like that towards her.

"Where is the don?"

"No one knows where he goes. Even Lady Boss's people aren't able to catch up to him on time when he and his men left."

"Continue looking for him in every cities. If you have to deploy scouts as much as you can, do it."

Antoine could only agree to him although in his mind, deploying that much men just to look for the don was already excessive.

But then again, he knew Mateo really well. Since it was his beloved wife who was aggrieved, he would definitely expend everything just to appease her. He would never let her suffer without getting even in several fold.

Mateo, on the other hand, simply left more instructions to them before finally dismissing them. If there was anything he was excited about, it was definitely going home to his wife.

He fasted for more than half a year since he was away from her. Definitely, now that he was back home, he would rather spend more time with her.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

M By Maxine Lat

Historical Fiction

7M 298K 17
#ProjectM II This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as self-harm, physical viole...
4.8M 191K 31
"Wattys 2021 Winner in Historical Fiction Category" Sa loob ng labinlimang taon, ang makasal sa kababata niyang si Enrique Alfonso ang tanging pinapa...
931K 32.7K 55
Haily Constello is an orphan who lives alone and who loves to make a mess. But an unexpected accident happened that changed her life. She got reincar...
4.2K 216 8
Cordellia Rodrigo loves reading novels, and her favorite? A happily ever after ending. So when her latest read, The Lady amidst the Beasts ends in th...